Looking for some thoughts on Shadow Chaser build - Thief Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Looking for some thoughts on Shadow Chaser build

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 duckmanneo

duckmanneo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 580 posts
  • LocationIn a van down by the river.
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 23 August 2013 - 12:21 PM

Renewal. Auto Shadow Spell build.

I have an active SC that use Duple/Trifecta along with a Cd In Mouth/RoFL.  The main problem I was seeing with him was that mobbing was becoming an increasing problem.  I also noticed that trifecta might be messing up my proc spells.   I went and copied meteor storm lvl 1 from a warlock.  I had meteor storm replace trifecta.  My SC now had an easier time killing monsters even with +additional monsters.  I noticed Tikbalangs gave my SC problem, but they become a breeze now.  The metorms were actually killing the little guys that run around while I was killing 2 Tikbalang.

My active Shadow chaser build: Lvl. 115
Str:  69+5
Agi: 100+5
Vit:   1+5
Int:   1+6
Dex: 79+3
Luk: 65+14

I was wanting at 150 to be these stats

Str:  90+x
Agi:  117+x
Vit:  1+x
Int:  1+x
Dex: 90+x
Luk: 90+x

Thinking of just starting over and seeing how the character plays out. 
I was wanting some input on this stat build. 

Stats shown are at lvl 145
Str:  24+6
Agi: 97+3
Vit:   93+7
Int:   95+5
Dex: 77+3
Luk:  55+5

Should I even bother with the bonuses of luk? I was becoming more and more worried about stun.

I also am very afraid of waterball.  Damn jejeling hits me for 1200x9+

I can redo the build and have:

Agi: 111+3

Luk: 0+5 

Does any know a optimal dex value for pvm. Dex value would cover a good amount of hit rating and divest reduction. I was thinking of putting more points into str to help with melee or pump agi for more aspd.  I plan on not doing any WoE/Pvp.  Right now from above my active SC has dex: 79+bonus+vip buff and he hits pretty much 100%. 

The new SC build I'm looking into copies Meteor storm and Heal/High Heal

Having heal for me would be fun.  Hell, I totally like being able to randomly heal people.

Videos of SC with Meteor storm heal/high heal

Spoiler

Edited by duckmanneo, 23 August 2013 - 08:52 PM.

#2 Raizel00

Raizel00

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 23 August 2013 - 03:44 PM

Yes raging trifecta double atk and autocast stop ASS as they are skills and skills can't proc skill except double attack proccing gank.Err am I seeing stats right?ASS with no int?O-O btw you can check recent threads or the rogue/stalker/chaser at the top of forum for builds

P.S the second vid was a private server I think try not to post PS again.

Edited by Raizel00, 23 August 2013 - 03:46 PM.

#3 duckmanneo

duckmanneo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 04:35 PM

My active SC was not a Auto Shadow Spell build.  I just recently started using it.  My shadow chaser build was basically up to job 25 just 10 points into reproduce.  I put points into stalker tree to get Counter Instinct.  I don't really like using spells that need items.  I wish the SC spells didn't need all these item requirements.  The new SC I want to make will be a Auto Shadow Spell build.

I've looked at the SC builds posted up above.  I don't like how those builds look.  I tweaked my stat build a little, and I am still wondering how much dex is needed. 

The builds from Guardian TK:

Str ~54+6
Agi ~97+3
Vit ~93+7
Int ~95+5
Dex ~97+3
Luk 1+5

I was asking in my build whether high dex is even needed. I do fine with base 79. 

Str is nice but I noticed a ton of damage can come from magic attacks such as meteor, so I could go a little less in favor of higher agi.

Str 90+6
Agi ~97+3
Vit ~58+7
Int 90+5
Dex ~43+3
Luk 90+5

This one has a ton of luk in which I'm starting to think isn't as useful as I thought before.  Str seems too high and vit seems to low.  The dex here is low, and I would like if anyone else has any input about base 43dex in a lvl 150 SC.

Str ~54+6
Agi ~120+3
Vit ~x
Int ~95+5
Dex ~67+3
Luk 1+5

This one has 120 agi.  120 stat seems way to expensive stat wise.  I think 120 agi would be good if they release a SC hat that gave a huge bonus for having 120 agi. 

The video poster also wrote that he put up the video on that server for testing purposes.  The video doesn't advertise the server.  The only advertisement is in the description but that is hidden at the bottom.  I still like the video for what it shows.  I'll leave it as an example unless someone is really offended by it.

Edited by duckmanneo, 23 August 2013 - 04:40 PM.

#4 Raizel00

Raizel00

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 23 August 2013 - 05:04 PM

Sooz I was looking at irowiki build and it pretty much what I would reccomend to someone

Str:90
Agi:100+
Vit:50+
Int:95
Dex90
Luk:1

Now my SC I would focus more towards magic route so my str would be 1 and luk 90.90 luk so you get bonus 30 atk 30 matk without going over 100 int but you may like original since you have rofl and all up to you I guess.Hope I help any S:

Incase you want irowiki page http://irowiki.org/wiki/Shadow_Chaser

Edited by Raizel00, 23 August 2013 - 05:17 PM.

#5 duckmanneo

duckmanneo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:22 PM

I don't like for my SC to run into a situation where he is SOL. 

Before you get to 90 luk, some monster (banshee) can curse you. Edit: Vit and Int help with curse.

These effects are triggered:

• Reduce your ATK by 25%.
  • LUK becomes 0.

I believe that 90str that goes into attack is reduced by 25%

Say you had 75 Luk.  That is reduced to 0.  Your buffed attack, magic attack, flee, hit, and perfect dodge are removed temporarily.

Your still attacking the banshee but your Vit at 50+ is not as powerful as 70 or 80 in reducing the duration of curse.

You have 100agi, and you mention you favor magic route of a SC.  Wouldn't you want more proc's of magic to hit your target in a smaller amount of time?

With all this, the banshee can even blind you.  Vit, Luk, and Int apprently work together to reduce chance and duration of Blind.

With your Luk being 0, and you probably don't have 95 int but maybe  50+ vit and 60/70+ int.  Unless the chance and duration reductions of vit and int stack, there might even be a chance that you can be blinded. 

Effects of blind:

Reduce your HIT and FLEE rate by 25%.

Your suggestion of 90dex that adds into hit is now reduced by 25%.  Your 100+agi that adds into flee is now reduced by 25%.  People say to just carry a green pot, but I'm not going to carry a green pot.  Use a mid gear that makes you immune to blind, but that would take up a more useful equipment.  Then don't even fight banshees.

You have 95int.  Do you have high heal?  You could just heal or pot the damage, but the debuffs could have been avoided if it wasn't for Luk being debuffed.   And that was just 1 banshee...

These stat suggestions are not bad, but just seeing those numbers for each stat won't help me play the class better.  They will though help bring of frustrating times not being aware of the situation.

"Yes raging trifecta double atk and autocast stop ASS as they are skills and skills can't proc skill except double attack proccing gank"

I wouldn't find that on that wiki stat suggestion page.

High dex is good for reducing chance of being divested.  If the monster takes your weapon, that would be a huge dps loss.

Edited by duckmanneo, 23 August 2013 - 08:36 PM.

#6 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:04 PM

The sad fact is that Shadow Spell Chasers have always been a mediocre class in a PVM environment. No matter what Stat build you play around with, it'll have its limits. You don't exactly need as much as close to 100 Dex to consistently hit monsters, but it doesn't change the fact that you do need to be able to connect your melee hits to trigger Shadow Spell. It doesn't seem bad at first, but monsters like Angra Mantis have pretty high Flee. 60 Dex isn't going to be enough to guarantee 100% Hit rate on them.

Mobbing is generally an extremely bad idea when you're not wearing a shield. I'd imagine most Shadow Spell Chasers would favor not wearing shields in order to maximize their Aspd, but you'd still have trouble holding up a mob if you're not relying on Storm Gust with Shadow Spell. Mobbing in general, even with a shield on, is a bad a idea without the use of Storm Gust for mob control as a Shadow Spell Chaser.

Personally I would recommend a build with 100 total Vit and never one without it. That 100% Stun resistance is just too important for survival. As for xFireize's Stat build with the 90 base Luck, I would think it's pretty possible to swap the Str amount with the Vit to make sure you get that 100 total Vit. The point of the 90 base Luck build is so that it can make use of 100% Curse resistance to use enchanted Ancient Daggers (Which happen to have a chance to inflict Curse on you with every atk/matk that you deal on a target).

Edited by GuardianTK, 29 August 2013 - 01:05 PM.

#7 duckmanneo

duckmanneo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 12:00 AM

I'm not looking for my SC to be spamming 15k meteor storm hits but a fun class to play.  The Angra Mantis point is definately why I'm choosing higher dex.  I was also keeping in mind stripping by monsters.  I'm not looking into using an ancient dagger as the level requirement is pretty harsh.  I'm thinking of eventually getting a +9 Bazerald with spell enchants.

Gear for Simulation:

+10 Luk Costume Hat

+9 Bazerald with MATK +30

Isilla Card (+2 int)

Valk Armor (Byorgue Card)

Valk Mant (Salamander Card)

Variant Shoes

Diabolus Ring (Vitata Card)

Bakonawa Agimat Tattoo

Improve Doge adds 40 Flee

The build I'm going with: Lvl 150/Job 50 + Vip Buff + Beserk Pot

Str: 1+6 +7

Agi: 110+3 +7

Vit: 93+7 +7

Int: 95+5 +7

Dex: 97+3 +7

Luk: 13+5 +7 +10

Health: 32830

SP: 2577

ASPD: 186.04

Hit: 445  Flee: 378

Int Next bonus: +5

Heal 10: 2080-2295

High Heal 5: 6656-7344

Meteor Storm 5: Against Zombie Slaughter

Min: 2688

Average: 3384

Max: 4089

Build centered around Vip Buff to make 100 in stats: Lvl 150/Job 50 + Beserk Pot

Str:4+13

Agi: 110+10

Vit: 86+14

Int: 88+12

Dex: 90+10

Luk: 57+12 +10

Health: 31730

SP: 2498

ASPD: 186.03

Hit: 452  Flee:387

Int Next Bonus: +2

Heal 10: 2020-2235

High Heal 5: 6464-7152

Meteor Storm 5: Against Zombie Slaughter

Min: 2703

Average: 3402

Max: 4116

If I don't get Vip, then it is weakened.

I went 1-99 on a rogue with str 9+bonus.  I had him with Trifecta Blow + Heal clip.  I used a cd in mouth to make use of int for burst damage along with alicel hat.  He was healing about 330-340.  Just leveling up until I can use meteor storm + Heal 10 or High heal.

My SC at 115 was doing pretty well at Sanctuary with those vanberks with lvl 1 meteor storm.  I was having a big health problem.  I had to keep using a triple malicious scalpel in order to keep my health up.

Edited by duckmanneo, 31 August 2013 - 12:52 AM.

#8 Gynophobia

Gynophobia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:09 AM

Hey duck! Did you get your ASS sc sorted out? I'm still working on mine :)

Copying meteor storm and duple light right now. :)

And my items are

Upper:+10 small poring band or +Alicel hat
Mid: Black Devil Mask
Lower: CD in Mouth
Armor: a byorgue diabolous armor but thinking of changing to a +3 agi valk instead
Shoes: +11 Dull Black leather boots or variants (which do you guys think is best?)
Garment: +9 salamander HBP
Weapon: +12 RWC memory knife
Shield: none
Accessory: bakonawa tattoo, RWC pendant spell 3/3 to get about 140+matk with the RWC knife or a RoFL.. Can't decide :/

Stats wise I'm thinking about 100 agi, 90 int, 100 total vit, 70-80 dex then mostly luk and maybe 40ish str...

Edited by Gynophobia, 24 September 2013 - 03:18 AM.

#9 duckmanneo

duckmanneo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:06 PM

I really like playing as a A.S.S chaser. 

Skills: Meteor Storm lvl5 + Heal lvl10

I really liked this weeks turn in.  Both monsters being weak to fire.  Next weeks turn in is going to be harsh.

Current Equipment:

http://i.imgur.com/BWmgbTU.jpg

Str: Not seeing a main concern for this stat

Agi: 111 is the most I will go on this stat.  120 is just too expensive

Int: 95+5 just to make 100 and sp regen

Vit: 93 +7 for stun resist

Dex: I'm going 97 +3 dex for the steal bonus.

Luk: I'm not going to put luck stats

Current Aspd: 185

Lvl 160:  I'm just pumping straight int

Bazerald: Spell 5 (+18 Matk, Decrease casting time by 10%) & Int +4

Costume Hat: +10 Luk

Hat Switch: +7 Alicel Hat

Future 150 Build: Vip Bonus added + Job 50 Bonus Stats

Str: 1 +14

Agi: 111 +14

Vit: 93 +15

Int: 95 +19

Dex: 97 +11

Luk: 1 +23

Future Gear: Still dreaming

Hat: +7 for +2 Aspd   I have no idea if they scraped this project or what

• Inconspicuous Hat [1]

A simple hat that would look inconspicuous in any crowd.  Its very helpful to anyone who is trying to blend in.

-Increases magic attack by 10%

-Increases MATK by 50 if wearer’s base INT is 120.

-If upgraded to +7 or higher, increases ASPD by 2.

-If upgraded to +9 or higher, increases MATK by 10 for every upgrade above 9. (starting at 9)

Middle Headgear: Any

Lower Headgear: Any

Armor: Agi +3 Valk Armor with Byorgue Card

Shield: No Shield

Garment: +9 Heroic Backpack with Salamander Card

Shoes: Variants

Accessories: 2 Bakonawa Agimat Tattoos

Weapon: +10 Main Gauche with Quad Cecil Damon Cards

Aspd: 193 The Agi +3 Valk Amor sets this to make 193 along with vip buffs

Skill Used: Invisibility

I personally did not want to keep using RoFL because it procs fury which doubles sp ticks.  I don't like to use pots of any kind.  There is also the bonus of running into a person trying to heal themselves with 400s, and I can go ahead and heal them with 1700s and not have my sp pool strained.

I'm probably totally off but I would choose a +9 Bazerald with Enchants over a +12 RWC Knife with Pendant.

The +12 RWC Knife + pendant 3/3 is doing 60~ damage above the +9 Bazerald with Enchants which cost me 95mi.  I also can use a Bakaonawa Tattoo which adds +1 Aspd.

A +12 Bazerald clean is even more deadly.  I'm just going my the damage of meteor storm against a Zombie Slaughter.

Edited by duckmanneo, 24 September 2013 - 09:37 PM.

#10 Gynophobia

Gynophobia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:29 PM

Yeah i haven't decided on my weapon yet ^^ just got my hands on a +10 small porin band yesterday to add 1 flat aspd and 6% aspd :)
I don't even have the 90 agi to get bonus of my HBP yet but I still have 186 aspd which I love :)
And yes this is one of those chars that makes you wanna keep play the game since it's just pure fun!
Yeah that hat seems awesome but the project seems kinda scraped already :/
I would however never get a quad Cecil Damon MG:/ that hit reduce gonna eat you so hard since with no hits ASS don't even trigger :(

Edited by Gynophobia, 24 September 2013 - 09:31 PM.

#11 Gynophobia

Gynophobia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:35 PM

I would probably rather try get the bazerald enchanted with +1 aspd x2 :)

#12 duckmanneo

duckmanneo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:38 PM

I saw somewhere that +1 Aspd was pretty rare and that x2 +1 Aspd was near impossible.

http://forums.warppo...-possibilities/

Invisibility gives +100% critc chance.  I'm not totally sure how that works.  Monsters might reduce your crit chance.  There is basically no way in hell I'm going to kill an Angra Mantis.  This just helps me slightly.  The critical hits trigger auto casts.

http://irowiki.org/wiki/Invisibility

Edited by duckmanneo, 24 September 2013 - 09:42 PM.

#13 Gynophobia

Gynophobia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:29 PM

We'll id rather have +1 aspd and the other enchant whatever then getting +20%aspd that will get you what? 1,5 aspd at most pretty much and -120hit which will let you not be able to trigger ASS on anything but a poring >.<

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users