A website for party recruiting and LFGs - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

A website for party recruiting and LFGs

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Eklavya

Eklavya

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 08:48 PM

Hello,

A few days back I suggested in one of the threads about creating a website that can handle party recruitment and requests, since nobody commented on it, I wanted to know if anyone would like to have one such website? I can try to create one with basic functions.

I have also written to warpportal its okay to create such website. So if they agree and there are enough people that like the idea. I will try to implement it

Any comment/suggestions are welcomed

Edited by Eklavya, 24 August 2013 - 08:51 PM.

#2 1756492860

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 333 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 24 August 2013 - 10:00 PM

why not?

if it updated in real time then it would be nice

#3 Eklavya

Eklavya

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 10:02 PM

It wont auto update. People will post there their requirement so others can see and contact them

#4 1756492860

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 10:12 PM

hmmm, why post there if people can just post on the forums?

#5 Eklavya

Eklavya

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 10:18 PM

Because it will be convenient. You can just have one look and filter the type of party you are looking for.

#6 1756492860

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 10:22 PM

sounds cool, i'd like to see it :)

#7 OniichanN

OniichanN

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1812 posts
  • LocationCroatia
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 August 2013 - 11:28 PM

If you get the green light, the only problem might be advertising it (maybe you could talk with people about getting the link posted on iro wiki/pinned here on the forums). Not sure how much of the server population frequents the forums aside from market place.

As for suggestions, in my opinion, make it as you see fit and go from there. Usually people will ask for something that is hard/complicated/too time consuming to implement right away (take that from someone who works in the field where the client's wishes are top priority but often the clients don't exactly know what they want). After the page is set up, you can add additional functionality if it'll be required based on user input.

#8 Eklavya

Eklavya

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 01:07 AM

If you get the green light, the only problem might be advertising it (maybe you could talk with people about getting the link posted on iro wiki/pinned here on the forums). Not sure how much of the server population frequents the forums aside from market place.

As for suggestions, in my opinion, make it as you see fit and go from there. Usually people will ask for something that is hard/complicated/too time consuming to implement right away (take that from someone who works in the field where the client's wishes are top priority but often the clients don't exactly know what they want). After the page is set up, you can add additional functionality if it'll be required based on user input.

I know. Both thoughts have crossed my mind.

For advertisements: I was hoping the forum population can help me with it. Some simple tricks like putting site name as vends or just talking about might spread the word.

As for creating it, its going to be a long way. Specially since I will have to buy a domain, hosting etc for website
For start, I am going to create a simple table that will display all the posts, nothing too fancy then work my way from there. If someone wishes to help, it'd be great too.

For now, I'd like to see what the community wants to say about it. My biggest problem is community thinking it as another scam website, so hopefully I can get someone trusted to post/talk about it

Edited by Eklavya, 25 August 2013 - 01:20 AM.

#9 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:a laggy one

Posted 25 August 2013 - 02:49 AM

meh. if it was third party software id be down, but a website is even slower than sitting in eden 

#10 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 07:05 AM

They have a coming booking update that will make partying much much smoother and more streamlined. Your website will be short lived.

#11 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:11 PM

I don't think a search filter is needed to wade through all 10 of the parties forming on chaos.

#12 meditation

meditation

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3547 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:25 PM

I don't think a search filter is needed to wade through all 10 of the parties forming on chaos.

10 ? You are so optimist :heh:

#13 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada

Posted 25 August 2013 - 01:11 PM

They have a coming booking update that will make partying much much smoother and more streamlined. Your website will be short lived.

:o I'm excited for this...

#14 vnivni

vnivni

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 09:50 PM

What update and what is it like exactly?

#15 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts
  • Server:a laggy one

Posted 26 August 2013 - 05:27 AM

10 ? You are so optimist :heh:

:heh: 

#16 Alichi

Alichi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 324 posts
  • LocationBehind Your Door
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 26 August 2013 - 06:47 AM

It seems your idea looks like booking system, and i dont think website will be faster than booking system (in game system).  Why not just promote or telling people that booking system still can be used for party recruiting.   I think people didnt use booking system anymore because no one used it anymore, maybe if some people trying to re-introduce / re-use this booking system again, many people will start to follow it (Many people just follow the majority things XD).  Thats just my opinion tho.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users