To anyone who has done the High Novice Reset - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

To anyone who has done the High Novice Reset

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 axi0m

axi0m

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos/Odin

Posted 25 August 2013 - 07:52 PM

I tried searching but couldn't find a clear cut answer (or I just fail at searching).

Basically after the updates decided to give up on my Paladin and put in for a 1/1 High Novice reset. Will I be able to go Lord Knight instead of Paladin? Or am I better off just creating a new Novice and starting from scratch and going Novice -> Swordy -> Knight -> Rebirth -> High Nov -> High Sword -> Lord Knight -> Rune Knight?

Just wasn't sure if I'd be forced to go Paladin again after the 1/1 High Novi reset or if I can go Lord Knight instead.

Thanks in advance.

#2 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 07:54 PM

Just make a new character. Hitting 99 trans in renewal is a lot easier.

You can NOT switch paths on a 1/1 reset.

#3 axi0m

axi0m

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 07:56 PM

Just make a new character. Hitting 99 trans in renewal is a lot easier.

You can NOT switch paths on a 1/1 reset.

Darn so I'd be forced to go Paladin again?

#4 stygionyx

stygionyx

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1463 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:04 PM

Darn so I'd be forced to go Paladin again?

Yep. Basically, your path to become Paladin and Royal Guard is set when you choose Crusader.

Well, why not try to play paladin first? IMO, they are more fun than Lord Knight.

#5 axi0m

axi0m

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:14 PM

Yep. Basically, your path to become Paladin and Royal Guard is set when you choose Crusader.

Well, why not try to play paladin first? IMO, they are more fun than Lord Knight.

After balance changes and stuff RG seem to be a bit lackluster, that and my current build was for MR which AFAIK is dead and dumping 60m or 400KP on a neuralizer + potentially stat resetting I'd rather just start fresh. Especially since I'll have to entirely regear it.

#6 Irreparable

Irreparable

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 978 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 25 August 2013 - 09:04 PM

After balance changes and stuff RG seem to be a bit lackluster, that and my current build was for MR which AFAIK is dead and dumping 60m or 400KP on a neuralizer + potentially stat resetting I'd rather just start fresh. Especially since I'll have to entirely regear it.

Thing is, you rebirth as your first class of choice - a Crusader that has been reborn won't just say "Meh, I wanted to be a Knight anyway, so let's go be a Lord Knight!".

#7 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 09:06 PM

You could 99 a knight in 1 day and a LK in 2 days if you play at a mellow pace and are willing to throw some zeny/kp at light blues and just bowling bash to 99.

#8 azumak1

azumak1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1347 posts
  • Server:Chaos!

Posted 25 August 2013 - 10:10 PM

Yeah, I came back to Renewal after having a Paladin for 3 years, and it's quite a shock to see how different things are now. My old Rapid Smiting build was just barely enough to get through becoming RG and working out a new build. I was pretty frustrated at first, thinking my favorite class was ruined, but it's really a ton of fun and I'm glad I kept with him. 

So your Paladin is currently built for MR, yes? As I'm sure you've found out, MR is essentially completely useless even with the best gears you could throw at it (yes even Tao Gunka armor) but don't worry... there's a TON of better ways to do more damage now without sacrificing half your HP in 5 swings, lol. But MR can't be your only killing skill, right? If you want to summarize your build (rough stats and crusader/pally skills) I'd be glad to help. :3  Lots of great spears are really cheap now, too~

#9 axi0m

axi0m

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:20 AM

Pretty much cookie cutter for MR, can't log in at the moment to check stats but I remember having like the pre-reqs for MR and Holy cross, none of the spear mastery or quicken skills. I've got enough jlvls to get them but it'll be a pain, and I haven't found a good all-around spear yet to switch over. I know even leveling through to 3rd job is quick just with Haybah supposedly switching over to his RK a lot of good (current rather) RG info has been tough to find since I haven't played seriously since I quite in like 2007.

#10 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 26 August 2013 - 03:07 AM

I tried searching but couldn't find a clear cut answer (or I just fail at searching).

Basically after the updates decided to give up on my Paladin and put in for a 1/1 High Novice reset. Will I be able to go Lord Knight instead of Paladin? Or am I better off just creating a new Novice and starting from scratch and going Novice -> Swordy -> Knight -> Rebirth -> High Nov -> High Sword -> Lord Knight -> Rune Knight?

Just wasn't sure if I'd be forced to go Paladin again after the 1/1 High Novi reset or if I can go Lord Knight instead.

Thanks in advance.

... you're playing? holy crap.

#11 axi0m

axi0m

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 07:41 AM

... you're playing? holy crap.

I came back like... a month or so ago.

I tried messaging you on MSN/Skype a few times over the past like... couple years and never got a response :(

#12 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 26 August 2013 - 07:50 AM

skype/msn connection is shady, I'll pm you my skype name

#13 axi0m

axi0m

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:36 PM

I feel like this thread turned into Missed Connections.

#14 T3chnowitch

T3chnowitch

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts
  • LocationNiffelheim
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:29 PM

You know if you do get reset to a 1/1 High Novice, you aren't forced to go for a MR build again, right?  You can try another Paladin build and see if you like that better.  If you don't, you can still make another character and go for Lord Knight later.

#15 Anchors

Anchors

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts
  • Server:Chaos, when it's up

Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:39 PM

You know if you do get reset to a 1/1 High Novice, you aren't forced to go for a MR build again, right?  You can try another Paladin build and see if you like that better.  If you don't, you can still make another character and go for Lord Knight later.

This is what I'd do. (Actually, I wish I'd known about this high nub 1/1 reset so I wouldn't have like 4 WLs, 4 sorcs, and 5 ABs...) Your HP gear would still be handy for general purposes anyway, no?

Why not just make the Knight anyway? Your HP gear would be nice for dragon breath later as a RK and you could share your LK leveling spear with your reset Pally.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users