How to defeat MVP Egnigem Cenia in ET? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

How to defeat MVP Egnigem Cenia in ET?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 gooberuge

gooberuge

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:14 AM

Last night I tried Endless Tower w/ 3 total guys: Royal Guard (me), Archbishop, and Ranger. Everything went smoothly until floor 60, the Egnigem Cenia boss. She (and her mob?) took our party down very quickly... What is the easiest way to tank her and kill her with my party of 3?

I really really appreciate any help so we can get past her next week! =)

Thanks guys.

#2 1756492860

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 333 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:23 AM

clear all normal mobs first and kill doppel (or make sure he can't see you) before engaging mvp egnigem.

let rg tank with reflect damage/guard/ss1 reflect/defending aura. keep heals, reno, KE/pref, and sw if possible on the rg. of course he should pot too. it would be better if he used a cranial sacred mission so the mvp wouldnt be able to break his shield.

if the rg has overbrand and enough hit then i guess he can use that to do some damage as well. better if he got the inspiration skill!

kill with water property attacks (ranger+rg)  :)

Edited by 1756492860, 26 August 2013 - 02:25 AM.

#3 gooberuge

gooberuge

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 03:19 AM

Thanks for the tips... Unfortunately, I'm a VP/OB/Inspiration build and so I don't have: reflect damage, guard, or defending aura. (iro wiki says SS1 reflect doesn't work against MVPs?)

I'm a few jobs away from Inspiration so I could get that.

But basically, what full-on gear can I use to minimize Egnigem's damage? (is it her or her mob that ravages me? or both?)

#4 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 26 August 2013 - 03:35 AM

Eh... even a VP/OB/Inspiration build really should get defending aura and some level of guard. You can drop some points from Spear Quicken really. More of a RG topic though...

You need both elemental resist (things like KBC) and neutral resist gear (raydric or deviling). Valk Shield gives elemental resist but can be broken, unlike sacred mission. FCP won't let the valk shield break of course. Egnigem is definitely not easy to tank, but it's possible with some pots / supplies, and probably ygg seeds / berries. Also the AB can high heal spam you, while you are also spamming pots like mad. Both Egnigem and the mob hurt quite a bit.

Egnigem is very easy to tank on a sura with mental strength though. You really should be using a sura on any serious ET run, especially since most of the profitable loots are on the highest levels. That and any serious run will have a Geneticist too.

#5 meditation

meditation

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3547 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 03:55 AM

clear all normal mobs first and kill doppel (or make sure he can't see you) before engaging mvp egnigem.

let rg tank with reflect damage/guard/ss1 reflect/defending aura. keep heals, reno, KE/pref, and sw if possible on the rg. of course he should pot too. it would be better if he used a cranial sacred mission so the mvp wouldnt be able to break his shield.

if the rg has overbrand and enough hit then i guess he can use that to do some damage as well. better if he got the inspiration skill!

kill with water property attacks (ranger+rg)  :)

In iRO as far as i know Reflect Damage is disabled in ET.

About water property attacks : well, she is fire element initially but she can change her element to Wind or Water...

Mental strenght tanking + Full chemical protection (she will break your shield) with Demi-Human reduction is really really easy.

Fastest way for average players is just ms tanker + fcp and demi-human reduction gear & geneticist bombing her to death.

Edited by meditation, 26 August 2013 - 03:57 AM.

#6 Kieri

Kieri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2995 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Nothing.

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:18 AM

If its just you three I would say try stacking demi human reducts and pietying yourself as that will make you holy and reduce the magic damage.

#7 teryuk

teryuk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:43 AM

yeah thats right

#8 1756492860

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:48 AM

In iRO as far as i know Reflect Damage is disabled in ET.

About water property attacks : well, she is fire element initially but she can change her element to Wind or Water...

Mental strenght tanking + Full chemical protection (she will break your shield) with Demi-Human reduction is really really easy.

Fastest way for average players is just ms tanker + fcp and demi-human reduction gear & geneticist bombing her to death.

oh right, sorry forgot about reflect.

but yea their lineup is rg, ab, ranger so.. no choice but to use rg as tank

#9 1756492860

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:51 AM

Thanks for the tips... Unfortunately, I'm a VP/OB/Inspiration build and so I don't have: reflect damage, guard, or defending aura. (iro wiki says SS1 reflect doesn't work against MVPs?)

I'm a few jobs away from Inspiration so I could get that.

But basically, what full-on gear can I use to minimize Egnigem's damage? (is it her or her mob that ravages me? or both?)

her powered up cs would hurt without defending aura. if you're gonna be the tank (and not a sura), ask the ab to pneuma you instead once she powers up.

#10 kingjoe547

kingjoe547

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 417 posts
  • Server:Chaos ^^

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:52 AM

Your RG should wear thara frog immune shield and a raydric HBP(deviling if have zeny) and an abysmal knight helm. You can also go for glorious rings if no KBC. As for armor.. I think a glorious suit is kinda good for your tanking RG. Correct me if im wrong.

But i wouldn't recommend a ranger for enigem cenia though. He wouldn't deal enough damage before the enigem go crazy and kill you all so you all have to keep going back. A gen would be nice. Spam acid bomb then keep coming back

#11 gooberuge

gooberuge

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 05:48 AM

Really really appreciate all the help. So yes, we only have RG (me), AB, Ranger. I have decent gear and zeny to buy whatever decent stuff I need (1B).

I have (and will wear):

+7 Cranial Sacred Mission

+9 Holy Chain Mail (I don't have Glorious Suit.. but maybe I could get that w/ Eden Merit Badges?)

2 KBC Waterdrop Brooches (anything better here for demi-human or something?)

+7 Pumpkin + Alarm Mask (healing. Do I need to use whites/condensed so I can wear Abys Helm or Poo poo on head? It's much cheaper/lighter to spam pumpkins than whites.)

+9 Immune / Deviling HBP (which one do I wear? Wouldn't I get annihilated w/ DR if she casts elemental stuf? Or is everything she casts neutral...?)

Kieri mentioned stacking demi-human reducts. What am I missing above?

Thanks everyone...

#12 meditation

meditation

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3547 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 05:52 AM

Really really appreciate all the help. So yes, we only have RG (me), AB, Ranger. I have decent gear and zeny to buy whatever decent stuff I need (1B).

I have (and will wear):

+9 Holy Chain Mail (I don't have Glorious Suit.. but maybe I could get that w/ Eden Merit Badges?)

+7 Pumpkin + Alarm Mask (healing. Do I need to use whites/condensed so I can wear Abys Helm or Poo poo on head? It's much cheaper/lighter to spam pumpkins than whites.)

+9 Immune / Deviling HBP (which one do I wear? Wouldn't I get annihilated w/ DR if she casts elemental stuf? Or is everything she casts neutral...?)

Thanks everyone...

Immune HBP for sure (try to wear deviling with the mage bio2 as slave lol), and use Aby helm (-10% damage from boss and demihuman) + ranked condensed whites to tank her :D

Bring also 4-5 berry and if you are in danger use one of them.

Edited by meditation, 26 August 2013 - 05:53 AM.

#13 kingjoe547

kingjoe547

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 417 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 05:52 AM

I have (and will wear):

Thanks everyone...

the main problem of enigem is not their elementals. It's her mobs and her fast attack kick ass moves. So deviling would be good since you have KBC which will decrease the negative effect of deviling. But always kill the mage first before he cast anything. Dont think he has a phen

Edited by kingjoe547, 26 August 2013 - 05:53 AM.

#14 meditation

meditation

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3547 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 05:54 AM

the main problem of enigem is not their elementals. It's her mobs and her fast attack kick ass moves. So deviling would be good since you have KBC which will decrease the negative effect of deviling. But always kill the mage first before he cast anything. Dont think he has a phen

Mage will destroy him with deviling since he's spamming skills...

Immune HBP + cranial sacred + Abysmal Knight + 2 kbc + ranked whites + RG protective skills should be enough to tank her without problems...

Edited by meditation, 26 August 2013 - 05:56 AM.

#15 1756492860

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 06:03 AM

Immune HBP + cranial sacred + Abysmal Knight + 2 kbc + ranked whites + RG protective skills should be enough to tank her without problems...

i tank egnigem mvp using DR :) mage doesn't hurt compared to the mvp's skills/2hq powered up attacks.

gsuit+piety would suffice against the mage mob.

#16 kingjoe547

kingjoe547

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 417 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 06:12 AM

He has a ranger with him. The ranger would kill the mvp mobs quickly and he has Overbrand which do extra damage. I always stick with DR for enigem if my party has a ranger.

#17 meditation

meditation

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3547 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 06:18 AM

I supposed Ranger was ctrl-click build. A 193 ctrl/click with average gears can easily do 60-70k damage per second to Cenia. But if he needs to stop to cast arrow storm to kill slaves DPS will be much lower.

I personally tank Cenia every time with my GX just with +9 immune hbp and spamming a bit ranked whites or pop a berry when needed (withouth hallucination walk).

Wouldn't really recommend DR for cenia since with +9 immune hbp (and vit 90), cranial sacred and abysmal helm he already has a ton of reduction without negative effect (Cenia magnum break lvl 20 hurts a lot while wearing DR).

Edited by meditation, 26 August 2013 - 06:20 AM.

#18 Alichi

Alichi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 324 posts
  • LocationBehind Your Door
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 26 August 2013 - 06:18 AM

heh....doing ET run without Genetic is a lil bit annoying, since most MVPs can break your equips.  In your case, the AB should spamming safety wall on RG and the ranger keep ctrl-auto warg the MVP.  Dont too depends on your AB's high heal too much, you might need to spam slims and use ygg seeds when nearly death. Anyway,  Sura + Genetic is the best combination for Egnigem and other mvps  :)

#19 teryuk

teryuk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 06:27 AM

yeah spam SW bro

#20 gooberuge

gooberuge

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 07:28 AM

Yep, the ranger is 193 ctrl/click w/ avg gears. Looks like I need to wear Immune HBP while Ranger only kills Egnigem (no arrow shower).

Does Egnigem or slaves cast anything that can kill the Ranger? (like Sam Spec's Hell's Judgment?)

Also, everyone says to wear Abys Helm, but isn't Poo Poo Hat -10% from demi-human? Wouldn't that be better than Abys since it reduces from mob too?

#21 Irreparable

Irreparable

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 978 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 26 August 2013 - 07:42 AM

Yep, the ranger is 193 ctrl/click w/ avg gears. Looks like I need to wear Immune HBP while Ranger only kills Egnigem (no arrow shower).

Does Egnigem or slaves cast anything that can kill the Ranger? (like Sam Spec's Hell's Judgment?)

Also, everyone says to wear Abys Helm, but isn't Poo Poo Hat -10% from demi-human? Wouldn't that be better than Abys since it reduces from mob too?

Meditation said:

use Aby helm (-10% damage from boss and demihuman)

So you get 10% dmg less from both sides.

#22 meditation

meditation

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3547 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 07:42 AM

Abys Helm is both +10% Boss reduction and +10% Demi-Human reduction :)

Nope, nothing can kill the ranger if he's far 9-10 cells from Cenia (just magnum break will cause problems if too close to cenia).

#23 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 08:29 AM

I think you just need to get guard and defending aura. Even has a damage build, you have no excuse not to get those.

http://irowiki.org/~...GCanrfqAbdkAak1

Not having those skills will make you die in many MVP instances tanking instances where guard and DA are almost a must (high aspd ones, ranged monsters like cecil). I understand you don't mean to go too far with just those 3 people, but you most likely won't able to outpot that many monsters hitting you without guard.

My friend who plays an RG, albiet he's full support, we duo ET and finish it usually with 5 deaths, since he's able to tank valk, ifrit, beelze, etc perfectly well.

#24 gooberuge

gooberuge

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 08:45 AM

Understood. I will skill reset to the chart you suggested. (never used reset before) Is that the optimal build for what I want? (basically to be able to solo MVP)

#25 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 08:53 AM

With a good spear (Imperial spear) you should be able to solo many MVPs with vanishing point while tanking them as well. Not only that, you will also be able to tank more monsters and harder hitting mvps as well and have other people kill it. I prefer having Vanguard force in my builds, but inspiration should cover the HP loss.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users