#1 MizunoAoi

MizunoAoi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 587 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos and Loki

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:10 AM

Got a friend to give classic iRO a shot.  Suggested a killer like a swordy, hunter, or thief to gather funds to sell with a merchant.

So they got some things, like strawberries, blue herbs, and empty bottles.  They make a merchant.  I tell them how to get to vending.  They get vending, then tell me they can't rent a cart, even with a free cart rental.  I get them to explain in detail and you need a freaking magical stone/vip to rent a cart?  WTF?

So how's a newbie supposed to come up with the 7mil zeny to get a stone from another player?  I've been playing Classic for a week and I haven't even broke the 1 mil barrier yet so I couldn't help them.

Needless to say, after seeing the prices, and the ability to not sell items to try to afford things, they gave up on the game.

Thankfully they didn't see any of the spam since I gave them my nospam config.  And they thought all the bots were just players in the training grounds/spore map.  It was really the messed up economy and the inability to sell items they got excited about selling because they saw how much some of those things went for.

See, I never knew this since I run vip, so I couldn't prepare them for that little slap in the face.  Now I know, and it'll be that much harder to get people to try this as a F2P game when I tell them that.

I tried, Classic players, I really tried.  I'm sorry.

That said, I'm actually having fun, with vip at least.

#2 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:11 AM

you need a freaking magical stone/vip to rent a cart?  WTF?

I can't even begin to tell you how many players I've seen stopped at this hurdle. It NEEDS to be done away with.

#3 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:12 AM

Got a friend to give classic iRO a shot.  Suggested a killer like a swordy, hunter, or thief to gather funds to sell with a merchant.

So they got some things, like strawberries, blue herbs, and empty bottles.  They make a merchant.  I tell them how to get to vending.  They get vending, then tell me they can't rent a cart, even with a free cart rental.  I get them to explain in detail and you need a freaking magical stone/vip to rent a cart?  WTF?

So how's a newbie supposed to come up with the 7mil zeny to get a stone from another player?  I've been playing Classic for a week and I haven't even broke the 1 mil barrier yet so I couldn't help them.

Needless to say, after seeing the prices, and the ability to not sell items to try to afford things, they gave up on the game.

Thankfully they didn't see any of the spam since I gave them my nospam config.  And they thought all the bots were just players in the training grounds/spore map.  It was really the messed up economy and the inability to sell items they got excited about selling because they saw how much some of those things went for.

See, I never knew this since I run vip, so I couldn't prepare them for that little slap in the face.  Now I know, and it'll be that much harder to get people to try this as a F2P game when I tell them that.

I tried, Classic players, I really tried.  I'm sorry.

That said, I'm actually having fun, with vip at least.

Umm could you tell your friend we will fix that during tomorrow's maintenance. Sorry we missed that one.

#4 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:21 AM

I think a glaring point here is that this should have never been gated. You really never prevented bots by doing this and managed to stave off many legitimate players.

The damage is done.

#5 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:34 AM

wow u needed a vip or a stone to use a cart

lol what were u all thinking omg hahahahahhaah thats just way to funny. Wait! you actually thought this idea would work right. that it would help lol omg hahahahah im sorry but who ever implemented this is the real #1 troll lol

#6 Handersen

Handersen

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3272 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:40 AM

suggest ur friend to play in renewal maybe?

#7 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 27 August 2013 - 10:09 AM

huh, nice to see it's being done away with. I had that problem too when I was dabbling around in Classic but wasn't sure whether or not I wanted to commit to it. xD

#8 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:a laggy one

Posted 27 August 2013 - 10:24 AM

wow u needed a vip or a stone to use a cart

lol what were u all thinking omg hahahahahhaah thats just way to funny. Wait! you actually thought this idea would work right. that it would help lol omg hahahahah im sorry but who ever implemented this is the real #1 troll lol

^this  :heh: 

might as well just have made classic pay 2 play

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users