Fight Nights! Official Rules and Standards! - Page 4 - Past Forum Events - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Fight Nights! Official Rules and Standards!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
201 replies to this topic

#76 mag727

mag727

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:In your closet

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:50 AM

How bout we ban anything that gives Jump or Dash block. Now you know how twins feel when they hear the words; "Banned from tourneys cause we can't handle twins."

if you had it your way i'm sure you would.  too bad it's something no amount of crying can do.

#77 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 03 September 2013 - 09:05 AM

twin restrictions I would love to hear feedback that isn't just "wtf twins are squishy they die easily you can't take away those skills!" cause guess what.. everyone is squishy in this tournament.

Musts:

Wheel of fortune. Party revive which can be glitched to have 0 cooldown.

Optionals:

Weave or Power weave, this prevents them from having 100% block rate 90% of the time.

At light speed, Massive movement speed buff, another skill that can be glitched to have 0 cd, so unless the refee's memorize the cooldown+ see when it's casted then people can get away with abusing this bug.

Ghost Fighter: Multi target, hit scan AoE stun that in most cases will end a match right then and their when it lands.

#78 ohsnap

ohsnap

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 06:50 PM

I wish Warpportal was like a Burger King so we can all just Have it our way. 

Edited by ohsnap, 03 September 2013 - 06:51 PM.

#79 necoconeco

necoconeco

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 10:26 PM

twin restrictions I would love to hear feedback that isn't just "wtf twins are squishy they die easily you can't take away those skills!" cause guess what.. everyone is squishy in this tournament.

Musts:

Wheel of fortune. Party revive which can be glitched to have 0 cooldown.

Optionals:

Weave or Power weave, this prevents them from having 100% block rate 90% of the time.

At light speed, Massive movement speed buff, another skill that can be glitched to have 0 cd, so unless the refee's memorize the cooldown+ see when it's casted then people can get away with abusing this bug.

Ghost Fighter: Multi target, hit scan AoE stun that in most cases will end a match right then and THERE when it lands.

I would probably concede to the banning of Rebound only because this community considers it a "healing" skill since all other healing skills are banned(except summoner which I don't really mind). I will say that attempting to successfully cast Rebound on themselves and a partner is a risk against a competent team mid match.

As for Weaving, have we not figure ways to punish a weaving twin in its two years of existence?  A weave happy twin is also a grounded twin so how to punish...and mp pots aren't allowed so... :Emo_17:

Whoever is refereeing the match should know what a twin sped up with At Light Speed moves like and should know there's a 10 to 8.5 second gap between At Light Speed buff. Call for a disqualification if the twin seems to be buffed forever but what if the Twin leaves a smaller gap to conceal the glitch a little bit?  I don't know, whatever  :Emo_22:

Charging up for Ghost Fighter leaves the twin vulnerable yet people still have problems punishing this skill?  Since "everyone is squishy in this tournament" GF isn't the only skill that will end a match when landed.  What about Wyvern Blade, Witch's Curse, Barbarian, Snow Blues, Sniping, Hypnotizer, etc.  

I see the point in some of these restrictions, yes even the twin ones as well, but some of the others?  Might as well put up a disclaimer that reads: "extensive thinking is not required in this tournament so the following skills are banned..."

Oh and I forgot one thing: the twin disconnect glitch does concern me as it can be exploited by a losing team.  But since everything is at the discretion of the supervising GM, I'm sure the right call(s) will be made  :chomok03:

#80 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 05 September 2013 - 02:53 PM

Oh and I forgot one thing: the twin disconnect glitch does concern me as it can be exploited by a losing team.  But since everything is at the discretion of the supervising GM, I'm sure the right call(s) will be made  :chomok03:

We are hoping~ If we do see a pattern of disconnects then we will address them properly.

#81 dango

dango

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 519 posts
  • Locationdango shop

Posted 05 September 2013 - 04:17 PM

We are hoping~ If we do see a pattern of disconnects then we will address them properly.

since u guys are live streaming(should be recorded) the fight and there will be a lot of people watching the match any evidence u guys need can be see through the live stream as people watching can reported at which part during the match that the player is breaking any rules.

#82 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:26 AM

since u guys are live streaming(should be recorded) the fight and there will be a lot of people watching the match any evidence u guys need can be see through the live stream as people watching can reported at which part during the match that the player is breaking any rules.

Very true. Like the Footballs.

We'll have our GM team in-game too watching for any misbehavior.

#83 Rimmy

Rimmy

Too Legit To Quit

• Dragon Saga Moderator
  • 2354 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:20 PM

A question and a suggestion:

The rules say that players will be disqualified if they are found to have characters on more than one team, but what about players stacking a team with "backups" that are actually their own characters? I could see this being a problem since players could potentially pick and choose which class they want to use for each battle based on the opponents they will face (picking a class that has an inherent advantage), and I am under the impression that players are supposed to be exhibiting their skill with one chosen class no matter what type of opponent they may face.

Perhaps altering the rule slightly to include language banning players from having more than one of their own characters on their team would (at least in thought if not in deed) prevent players from taking advantage of this possibility?

Anyways, just a thought. If no one else has a problem with players taking advantage of this, then fine by me, just thought I'd bring it up.

Edited by Rimmy, 06 September 2013 - 05:21 PM.

#84 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:36 AM

A question and a suggestion:

The rules say that players will be disqualified if they are found to have characters on more than one team, but what about players stacking a team with "backups" that are actually their own characters? I could see this being a problem since players could potentially pick and choose which class they want to use for each battle based on the opponents they will face (picking a class that has an inherent advantage), and I am under the impression that players are supposed to be exhibiting their skill with one chosen class no matter what type of opponent they may face.

Perhaps altering the rule slightly to include language banning players from having more than one of their own characters on their team would (at least in thought if not in deed) prevent players from taking advantage of this possibility?

Anyways, just a thought. If no one else has a problem with players taking advantage of this, then fine by me, just thought I'd bring it up.

It's possible. :ok:

I will need to consult the council about having multiple character/classes on a single team.

Thanks Rim. 

#85 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:10 PM

Currently, the list is pretty much done.

Please let us know if we missed anything. I glanced through the thread but couldn't find anything else that needed to be on the list with the arguments made.

#86 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:51 PM

Just a bit of a question for the players. Since Sword Dance is going to see a change this coming update, and the tournament takes place after Galaxia Part 2 is released, what do you think of it's restriction being removed from tournaments if it's gonna be more skill-based with it's catching?

#87 ohsnap

ohsnap

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 07:07 PM

still think we should restrict some myrm skills cause they are quite OP in naked matches and can kill practically 3 skills. Stumblebum and deathbound should be looked at

#88 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:28 AM

Just a bit of a question for the players. Since Sword Dance is going to see a change this coming update, and the tournament takes place after Galaxia Part 2 is released, what do you think of it's restriction being removed from tournaments if it's gonna be more skill-based with it's catching?

It's quite possible. :ok:

still think we should restrict some myrm skills cause they are quite OP in naked matches and can kill practically 3 skills. Stumblebum and deathbound should be looked at

Stumblebum will need to be tested and I couldn't find deathbound though.

#89 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:41 AM

It's quite possible. :ok:

Stumblebum will need to be tested and I couldn't find deathbound though.

Death Bound is a skill on the Myrmidon tree where the Myrmidon slams the ground with a charged blade making an explosion. It launches the enemy high and applies a Curse status that lowers all stats.

Stumblebum has an ungodly aim drop and a 100% stun chance. Though I don't see why banning the Overlord's two main catches at the same time is any good. If Quagmire (Similar valued Aim debuff combo'ed with jump/dash block) is allowed and Sword dance will likely be altered if the tournament takes place then why should stumblebum be banned practically disabling the entirety of Myrmidons catching ability. I mean I could catch with Gust Slash but it's tricky. And 90% of the time Swords Dance lag-walks causing catches to be only somewhat guaranteed.

#90 ohsnap

ohsnap

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:55 AM

Myrms still have their instant bears and they also have one wyvern combo for an easy kill

#91 Endbringer

Endbringer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 574 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:54 AM

I see a lot of people here just afraid to lose and giving "input" so that they have better chances of winning, just my two cents.

#92 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:59 AM

Today is the last day to sign up! So do it~ if you haven't already.

#93 Apocryphos

Apocryphos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • LocationSan Diego
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:08 AM

@Topic I wanna see the pre set gear. Question is pvp ethics involved here or can a priest freeze lock or archers aas lock or tornadoes locks? I mean the only people I see who knows the pvp ethics are the people themselves and VM's

@Overlord Issue: I don't find it fair that 2 moves can dish out over 1/2 a person HP excluding the 2 tornadoes and gust slash etc.

Dashing blow  -27% Maximum HP

Deathbound at lvl 5  -37% maximum HP & MP -37% attack and magic attack

Stumble - 40% attack and aim rate.

2 moves reduces maximum hp by 64% thats the same as saying thats a move that deals -64k from someone who stacked 100k hp.

2 moves that reduce a persons +20 with 2x 15* rings down to by -80%.

I havent even mentioned ice cold heart with ice freezing.

This doesn't need a second look tbh

When a class can lower a persons attack and hp by over 50% with 2 moves in a naked match or preset gear match it doesn't spell please look at these skills it spells Restrict it or keep them at lvl 1.

Edited by Apocryphos, 10 September 2013 - 11:09 AM.

#94 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:54 AM

@Topic I wanna see the pre set gear. Question is pvp ethics involved here or can a priest freeze lock or archers aas lock or tornadoes locks? I mean the only people I see who knows the pvp ethics are the people themselves and VM's

@Overlord Issue: I don't find it fair that 2 moves can dish out over 1/2 a person HP excluding the 2 tornadoes and gust slash etc.

Dashing blow  -27% Maximum HP

Deathbound at lvl 5  -37% maximum HP & MP -37% attack and magic attack

Stumble - 40% attack and aim rate.

2 moves reduces maximum hp by 64% thats the same as saying thats a move that deals -64k from someone who stacked 100k hp.

2 moves that reduce a persons +20 with 2x 15* rings down to by -80%.

I havent even mentioned ice cold heart with ice freezing.

This doesn't need a second look tbh

When a class can lower a persons attack and hp by over 50% with 2 moves in a naked match or preset gear match it doesn't spell please look at these skills it spells Restrict it or keep them at lvl 1.

I understand death bound as 1 less launch on a warrior class isn't horrendously crippling.

Dashing blow is a pre-requisite to Bear. And it's done not by hotkey, but by dashing+up+attack (Left+Left quickly, up, X). It's scarcely used as well. Least in every Overlord I fought never used it.

Ice-Cold Heart's Ice Freezing is a very short duration despite it's short cooldown. Also only archers and twins can have over the default 150 movement speed unbuffed+naked. Plus after level 2/2 of the skill, it launches slightly. Making it unreliable in a combo.

And bears are quite unreliable at catching as they need a Sword Dance or Stumblebum to guarantee the catch (Unless you wanna get real close w/ Gust Slash). Plus you can cancel I'm Gone Bears flinching with dash jumps and Incoming bear is often rolled out of immediately after it's use. Why I stated you have to use another skill to guarantee the catch. Sure you can do Incoming then a quick I'm Gone while they're downed to guarantee flinches for a gust slash. But again, when my opponents are classes like Priests that can cripple movement speed AND aim rate and have evade-ignoring catches, Dragoons with Super-armor skills and easy catches (Even post Galaxia Part 2 that shared cooldown won't matter if they invest in Shield Bash or Hammer Crush). And might I mention some of the registered teams are Myrmidons as Stumblebum is a handy counter.

Stumblebum's casting time is also something to take advantage of. Unless it's Priest+Myrmidon (Which might I add, Some teams are registered as this combination). Casting Acceleration + Stumblebum is Instant Cast. I've seen 1-sided 2v2's because of this. But without any form of Cast-time aid, Stumblebum is only really useful when the opponent doesn't pay attention, or is being flinched up by another partner. Also it's one of the somewhat guaranteed counters to Twin fighters. Which we've already went over how they dominate in naked PvP.

Planning to tournament ban both Stumblebum and Death Bound can't be done. It's One or the Other. Removing both makes an entire class lose all of it's catching and killing potential when Sword Dance is also Tournament banned. And doing that Wyvern+Storm combo for cheap and easy damage isn't very useful taking into account Wyvern Blade's range and how only 1 of it's 6 hits will land when the target is very mobile. Someone would have to blindly run into it for it to work.

#95 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 10 September 2013 - 12:27 PM

The Pre-set gear is on the first post so check it out~

#96 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 10 September 2013 - 12:38 PM

the problem is no one but is going to be very mobile in this tournament so most aoe skills that hit in air targets ppl will be stuck in their for the entire duration.

#97 Apocryphos

Apocryphos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • LocationSan Diego
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 10 September 2013 - 12:57 PM

Dashing blow can beeyed.  hotkconfirmed on a lvl 59 myrmidon.

Comprimise for lvl1 stumble and lvl2********(needed for wyvern) deathbound. they do the same thing.

Edited by Apocryphos, 10 September 2013 - 03:54 PM.

#98 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:36 PM

Dashing blow can beeyed.  hotkconfirmed on a lvl 59 myrmidon.

Comprimise for lvl1 stumble and lvl1 deathbound. they do the same thing.

That compromise is impossible for Wyvern Blade users. Wyvern Blade requires level 2 Death Bound AND level 2 Rising Storm.

By the way, what if I wish to change classes after the final day for sign ups?

Also another Edit: Then can I request Quagmire be taken down or at least get rid of the Muddy Mud passive? 5/5 is at least 25% aim and 30% movement speed.

Also, why Event Elf Sets? Level 55-60 Non-set equips should suffice. Each set has differing set bonuses that give differing advantages.

Edited by Coolsam, 10 September 2013 - 03:53 PM.

#99 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:19 PM

Also, why Event Elf Sets? Level 55-60 Non-set equips should suffice. Each set has differing set bonuses that give differing advantages.

To answer this, since every class has an advantage in some way.. should equal itself out. :ok:

#100 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:52 PM

Also, I will put up an official poll but does Thursday or the weekend sound better?

I probably already know but.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users