PA (Packrats Anonymous) - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

PA (Packrats Anonymous)

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 Zeniachan

Zeniachan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 389 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, United States
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:43 PM

Hi, I'm Zenia-chan and I have a problem. I'm a packrat... 1570_zpse57e905b.gif

This is but a sample of my storage on just one of my 3 accounts.

RO-Packrat_zps222a2521.jpg

1234467_572580572800951_603567463_n_zps7

Note the "591/600".

I don't even buy any of this stuff...like what the hell? I haven't vended any of this stuff in ages...this account has mostly consumables and etc. items in it, plus the good equips I use.

My 3rd account storage is loaded with hundreds of crap equips that won't even fit in all of my merchant classes' carts combined... And my 2nd account is loaded with herbs and chemist stuff, but it's mostly untouched since pre-renewal... I might post screens of those later, maybe.

I'm considering keeping going on some of these til I hit 30,000...wow what's wrong with me...lol.

Anyone else have a problem like this? Squeak, my fellow packrats! 1175_zps00fcc96d.gif1175_zps00fcc96d.gif1175_zps00fcc96d.gif

#2 meditation

meditation

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3547 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:50 PM

Hmmm not really my case.

Usually i don't pick up things that are worth less than 20-30m :)

And my storage is almost empty... 30-40/600 :D

Edited by meditation, 29 August 2013 - 01:51 PM.

#3 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:52 PM

I have lot of crap lying around lol 10k+ of every herb/random items from quests of time/etc

#4 HeIIraiser

HeIIraiser

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1201 posts
  • LocationUranus
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 29 August 2013 - 02:06 PM

I dont get it, you want to get rid of things? just sell them to the npcs with overcharge and the decent loots/items you can sell them on the market.

#5 T3chnowitch

T3chnowitch

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts
  • LocationNiffelheim
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 29 August 2013 - 02:22 PM

My storage hovers around 400+ on a good day.  I'm a total packrat, saving the simplest things because who knows if or when I'd need it later.  I also tend to collect nonsense items like flowers, gems, and jellopies.  This just adds to the clutter.  :<

#6 ShiveringShadows

ShiveringShadows

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 853 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 02:25 PM

Anyone else have a problem like this? Squeak, my fellow packrats! 1175_zps00fcc96d.gif1175_zps00fcc96d.gif1175_zps00fcc96d.gif

Squeak! Err...I mean, yes. Practically every item has value (quest requirement or as an ingredient, etc.) or will have value at some point (event quest requirement), so I just keep them around.

#7 michaeleeli

michaeleeli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2784 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil/Chaos

Posted 29 August 2013 - 02:49 PM

Loll I still do that, when I just started out RO I picked & stored everything because I always thought "this will be useful later", and that kind of thinking stuck with me the whole way. Had thousands of loots stored up XD

#8 skittishcat

skittishcat

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 109 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia
  • Server:Chaos renewal

Posted 29 August 2013 - 02:53 PM

Squeak too! My kafra is 523/600 atm. I picked up everything and just dump it in my kafra. I clean up my storage and sell unnecessary stuff from time to time, but in most days I got more than 400 items in kafra.

Funny thing, seems like everytime I do massive clean up and npc-ed all useless loots, few days later I figure out that I need that particular items that I just sell. Arrrghh
(Most recently those dragon items for dragon helmet quest)

#9 Draciolus

Draciolus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2035 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 29 August 2013 - 02:58 PM

I have tons of crap in my storage, currently sitting at 540-550/600. A lot of it is from before I originally quit(back in 2006 or so, and only came back this March).Though, normally it is sitting around 580+ in there. And that's with my alternates having the gears the chars on those accounts will need, as well as anything else I might be able to vend.

Edited by Draciolus, 29 August 2013 - 02:58 PM.

#10 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:05 PM

I have 3 accounts that are all almost as full as that. It doesn't make it any better that there's no longer a mail system to filter them around to be a lot more organized.

Edited by GuardianTK, 29 August 2013 - 03:05 PM.

#11 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:07 PM

i have one character and my storage is almost maxed out... just crap mostly that might be needed at some point...alot of junk gears for newbie guildies... and a ton of account bound gears

#12 inuko23

inuko23

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1182 posts
  • Server:Chaos, Odin (RO2)

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:19 PM

Mine got up to 530/600 but that's about 8 years of gradual item collecting among all my characters lol

#13 Anchors

Anchors

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts
  • Server:Chaos, when it's up

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:34 PM

7-storage breakdown:

account1 main storage = everyday gear (for all 6 accounts), everyday consumables, everyday misc items (like gemstones, mora misc items, ammo), brew mats (account has dedicated brewer), some high-end sellables. (Storage is usually 580-600/600 - usually no more than 2 chars fully equipped at any given time - with hat collection spread over 2 carts on this account and 1 in account2)

account1 vip storage = place to dump stuff til I move it to the right accounts, job3 hats for this account (currently 21 on the account, dunno why super nubs and ninjas don't get job3 gears on job change...), costumes I don't use anymore, outdated "currency" items (like Sapha Certs), old non-transferable event items

account2 storage = spell scrolls, gems (e.g. Amethyst/Pearl/etc), color-themed non-dye items (don't ask), unused kafra shop items (mount leash boxes from Daily Quen)

account3 storage = unspecific misc item storage (including nearly 9200 Turtle Shells)

account4 storage = forge mats, upgrade mats, weapons to break via upgrading (account has dedicated forger/upgrader mastersmith), old forged items, dyes

account5 storage = sellables, spare armors, armor items not commonly used

account6 storage = cards! MVP/miniboss drops, consumables I don't use (including restoratives, buff items, GM scrolls, DBs, gift boxes, OPBs, OCAs, jewelry boxes, etc), jellopy and higher equivalents (including nearly 4800 cyfars), flower-related items (flower, illusion flower, witherless rose), non-color herb-related items (guillo ass poison herbs, ments, aloes, etc), old transferable event items

Keeping this organized keeps me busy, but I know where to find anything >.> Numbers usually run 300-500/600 items in each with highest variability in my dump storage.

I swear this is compulsive. Specifically demonstrated when I accidentally try to withdraw my whole pile of FWings which shoves them to the bottom of my consumables tab in storage and spend the next few grumpy minutes just reorganizing my storage to have items in the correct (non-alphabetized but highly specific) order.

#14 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9327 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:37 PM

Almost all of my accounts/storages are at 600/600.. and i have carts for storing more.... and the items you have 5000 of i think i have like 20,000.... *digital hoarder*

#15 inuko23

inuko23

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1182 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:43 PM

7-storage breakdown:

O____O

#16 Phantaminum

Phantaminum

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:55 PM

I do that too!! xD Love the feeling when you need some quest items, you already have them in storage.

#17 HopeSama

HopeSama

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 763 posts
  • LocationIn my secret Paradise...
  • Server:Re-Chaos(Ymir/Loki)

Posted 29 August 2013 - 04:33 PM

7-storage breakdown:

account1 main storage = everyday gear (for all 6 accounts), everyday consumables, everyday misc items (like gemstones, mora misc items, ammo), brew mats (account has dedicated brewer), some high-end sellables. (Storage is usually 580-600/600 - usually no more than 2 chars fully equipped at any given time - with hat collection spread over 2 carts on this account and 1 in account2)

account1 vip storage = place to dump stuff til I move it to the right accounts, job3 hats for this account (currently 21 on the account, dunno why super nubs and ninjas don't get job3 gears on job change...), costumes I don't use anymore, outdated "currency" items (like Sapha Certs), old non-transferable event items

account2 storage = spell scrolls, gems (e.g. Amethyst/Pearl/etc), color-themed non-dye items (don't ask), unused kafra shop items (mount leash boxes from Daily Quen)

account3 storage = unspecific misc item storage (including nearly 9200 Turtle Shells)

account4 storage = forge mats, upgrade mats, weapons to break via upgrading (account has dedicated forger/upgrader mastersmith), old forged items, dyes

account6 storage = cards! MVP/miniboss drops, consumables I don't use (including restoratives, buff items, GM scrolls, DBs, gift boxes, OPBs, OCAs, jewelry boxes, etc), jellopy and higher equivalents (including nearly 4800 cyfars), flower-related items (flower, illusion flower, witherless rose), non-color herb-related items (guillo ass poison herbs, ments, aloes, etc), old transferable event items

Keeping this organized keeps me busy, but I know where to find anything >.> Numbers usually run 300-500/600 items in each with highest variability in my dump storage.

I swear this is compulsive. Specifically demonstrated when I accidentally try to withdraw my whole pile of FWings which shoves them to the bottom of my consumables tab in storage and spend the next few grumpy minutes just reorganizing my storage to have items in the correct (non-alphabetized but highly specific) order.

I do the same exact thing lol xD every account organized for different categories, quests, rares, cards, armors, weapons, usable foods, ingredients for crafting, gems... ect you get the point lol.

#18 inuko23

inuko23

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1182 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 04:49 PM

I kept some items because they had sentimental value, like when I see the +7 katana I have, it makes me think back to when I first started and the first friend I made gave that to me along with goggles. I was so happy as a newbie swordsman when I got that since it was the first weapon I had that was refined that much. Oh, the memories xD.

Edited by inuko23, 29 August 2013 - 04:51 PM.

#19 Ambur

Ambur

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3403 posts
  • LocationNevada
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 29 August 2013 - 07:02 PM

I have spent some hours organizing and reorganizing my storages across like 5 accounts. At one point I tried to have things grouped by consumable, equips, weapons, etc. Now it's a giant mess again cause of not vending in that same way. Really don't want to think about how much time it'll take me this next time to go through and npc / move items again. My main account has a large mix of stuff and stays around 500/600, rarely use the VIP storage just because I don't want a bigger mess yet.

#20 HealingPalms

HealingPalms

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 784 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 07:53 PM

No need to organise just use search! My 2 accounts and my gfs 2 accounts I search although she is a lot more organised than me :)

#21 strafe247

strafe247

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 516 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie / Ymir

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:57 PM

7-storage breakdown:

You do that with your room too?

#22 Ambur

Ambur

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3403 posts
  • LocationNevada
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:04 PM

No need to organise just use search! My 2 accounts and my gfs 2 accounts I search although she is a lot more organised than me :)

I just can't stand how it looks though or I would just do that x_x

#23 IsisThump

IsisThump

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1863 posts
  • LocationEden
  • Server:Renewal~

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:07 PM

Oh my god that's me. My storage is always borderline. At the moment it's like 589/600 xD. And I had like 12k+ white herbs before, but I think I sold them a while back xD.

#24 Susan

Susan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1024 posts
  • Server:ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:15 PM

Friends: do you have XY Loot item?

Me: yes about 5000

Friends: WTF WHY LOL weirdo PACKRAT. ...so, can i have 200 for that quest <3?

Me: ._.

#25 HealingPalms

HealingPalms

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 784 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:21 PM

Friends: do you have XY Loot item?
Me: yes about 5000
Friends: WTF WHY LOL weirdo PACKRAT. ...so, can i have 200 for that quest <3?
Me: ._.

Lol that's me I ask and then just buy em for more than I sold em! But quest items don't cost much so I don't mind

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users