Sakray Navigation and New Training grounds testing - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Sakray Navigation and New Training grounds testing

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
32 replies to this topic

#1 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10262 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:23 PM

Sakray has the new update! Please run sakray as an admin to make sure that things patch properly. 

One catch however. If you patch sakray this will cause the Renewal client to only display at 640x480 and it would not remember your saved settings. 

What you can do is to back up the ragnarok online/system folder by copying it to a different location. When you want to switch back from Sakray just drop that back into your ragnarok folder to overwrite the sakray changes. 

Just in case, there is a back-up of the system folder here

Please post any bugs in this thread, localization we are still working on so we are looking for any unusual changes to the game mechanics that were not included in our documentation. 

Please note what version of windows you have, and what video card if you receive video or other crash errors. 

With this update is our new quest, new navigation and new training grounds. The quests should be fairly straight forward, but if there are tweaks we can make to make it more clear please note them here. 

#2 HopeSama

HopeSama

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 763 posts
  • LocationIn my secret Paradise...
  • Server:Re-Chaos(Ymir/Loki)

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:29 PM

does this mean if all goes well its probably going to be added in next maint?

Edit:: lol despite being a female char, talking to lumin still introduces me as "Mr." xD

Potion icon on the mini map is in rando-korean

Edited by HopeSama, 30 August 2013 - 05:36 PM.

#3 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10262 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:40 PM

If at all possible screenshots are very helpful, such as if you encounter a missing sprite error. 

#4 HopeSama

HopeSama

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 763 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:52 PM

Alright lol, and woop looks like im errored out. Missing Archer.spr in the archer classroom

Dont hurt me oda .-.

http://i1232.photobu...zps156e9e0c.png

and a couple other mishaps

http://i1232.photobu...zps79d37995.jpg

http://i1232.photobu...zps9b477ef8.jpg

Edited by HopeSama, 30 August 2013 - 05:58 PM.

#5 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10262 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:58 PM

Was your renewal fully updated and did you run sakray as admin?

#6 HopeSama

HopeSama

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 763 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:59 PM

yeah i'll try it again and see what happens.

Edit:: Yeah nothing is changing it, im still erroring.

Edited by HopeSama, 30 August 2013 - 06:08 PM.

#7 bbdrew

bbdrew

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 511 posts
  • LocationVancouver, Canada
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 30 August 2013 - 06:12 PM

hmm when I ran sakray the client just turned black and froze

by the way where should i copy the system folder? and do i just copy that folder?

#8 HopeSama

HopeSama

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 763 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 06:13 PM

You can just copy it to your desktop, i rar archived it in the RO folder lol.

#9 bbdrew

bbdrew

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 06:15 PM

ok thx btw i know like nothing about computers so imma have trouble probably

#10 HopeSama

HopeSama

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 763 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 06:15 PM

xD its np~

#11 bbdrew

bbdrew

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 06:17 PM

ya uh still doesnt work for me same result goes black

#12 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10262 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 30 August 2013 - 06:29 PM

Do you have any other RO windows open? Maybe try running setup and changing the video card setting?

#13 kevru

kevru

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 962 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:retired

Posted 30 August 2013 - 06:33 PM

when are we getting the kro faw stats?

#14 HopeSama

HopeSama

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 763 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 06:35 PM

Yeah i run like a bazzilion RO clients at a time lol, i guess i'll try closing them all and try again later.

#15 bbdrew

bbdrew

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 06:39 PM

i cant change my graphic setting and it still doesn't work (i have avast and its saying that its suspicious program do u think its blocking it?

#16 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:01 PM

All new larger styled bridges, the north building, the stands in the center of izlude, The thing holding up the ball of light southwest of the center of novice izlude, the building southeast of the center of novice izlude are all missing their models.
Channel 1 of the novice Izlude grounds is loading the real izlude (map name: Izlude not izlude_letter). Not sure if thats intentional? Also channel one has a portal leading to area_room in the center of the north bridge. Probably due to channel 1 loading the real Izlude npcs and portals while showing the novice Izlude map?

Kafra Service NPCs on the mini maps are displayed as "Convenience service". I assume its not intentional. :v

In your chat window if you do /navi *whatever not a actual address here* the error message in your chat says "Navigation >: The target is not clea.". Missing the r in clear. :v

Few things I noticed at first glance.

Also a little bit of a nit pick but the navigational window having text overlap or being hidden by buttons, other areas of the windows and check boxes looks really messy. Almost as bad as the in game market search feature (though I think this was fixed up from what I remember. Never use the thing thanks to Ragial). Is it possible for you guys to polish up the navigational window?

Edited by Toxn, 30 August 2013 - 09:29 PM.

#17 GSValore

GSValore

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 11:59 AM

Talking to Dacquoise in the academy works until he offers to make some level 1 food.  It gets to the screen that shows the requirements then my client crashes (I get a stopped working notice and it closes).  This happened on at least two of the food options; didn't bother trying the remaining two.

Also, the Kafra Guide Trainer is named: (Kafra guide trainer

I'm uncertain if this is intentional or not.  The poring quest where you can tame a poring will sometimes require you to get more unripe apples through the combination system.  I went to try to get back into the academy to explore or try new quests but the portal did not work.  The only NPC that was by it warped me straight to the final testing area with no way back and therefore I was thrown out of the training grounds.

Edited by GSValore, 31 August 2013 - 01:16 PM.

#18 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 31 August 2013 - 06:03 PM

I remember you answering question about Eden Board Quests for 100~110, 111~120 is next thing in the to do list, When do you think we we'll get pyramid nightmare dungeon or clock tower dungeon implanted? 

#19 duckmanneo

duckmanneo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 580 posts
  • LocationIn a van down by the river.
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 31 August 2013 - 06:42 PM

I put my bug reports in a spoiler to help anyone that passes by this post.

Spoiler

Edited by duckmanneo, 01 September 2013 - 09:19 AM.

#20 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10262 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:09 AM

I remember you answering question about Eden Board Quests for 100~110, 111~120 is next thing in the to do list, When do you think we we'll get pyramid nightmare dungeon or clock tower dungeon implanted? 

The Pyramid Challenge Dungeon is in. However, it's really not what any of us were thinking it would be. We had the studio change the name from Nightmare to Challenge, because Nightmare alludes to something more similar to the PVP mode in which you could drop gear when you are killed. 

Basically as delivered to us there are tougher monsters but the exp isn't better and the drops aren't different, so it's sort of a mystery as to why you would go there instead since the risk doesn't match the reward. 

#21 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:42 AM

The Pyramid Challenge Dungeon is in. However, it's really not what any of us were thinking it would be. We had the studio change the name from Nightmare to Challenge, because Nightmare alludes to something more similar to the PVP mode in which you could drop gear when you are killed. 

Basically as delivered to us there are tougher monsters but the exp isn't better and the drops aren't different, so it's sort of a mystery as to why you would go there instead since the risk doesn't match the reward. 

I think it should have daily quest that gives around 300k base and 100k job exp. Since its an old patch( i believe it was patched in kRo around dec 2011 or nov 2011) They shouldn't be really special. I think once we get GH nightmare (which has 140~148 monster level) and so on, we will see some difference in experiences. 

Does Pyramid Challenge Dungeon's 2nd floor doesn't show any improvement in exp also? I have yet to find any info from kRo(still looking into exp info). 

#22 Kieri

Kieri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2995 posts
  • Server:Nothing.

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:27 AM

There are turn in quests for those maps however the stage of turning them seems to be bugging out

#23 ShiveringShadows

ShiveringShadows

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 853 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 09:06 AM

Bug Name: Issue when enabling the Active Quest Overlay (Transparent Window)

Bug Description: When you activate the active quest overlay (By clicking on the View Quest Wind.. checkbox in the Quest Window (Alt+U)), the quest overlay gets the window focus (becomes the top window) which means that everything behind it can't be accessed until you put the focus back on another window (like the quest window you already have open). This isn't such a problem with normal (opaque) windows because you get the visual hint, but you don't expect an overlay to interfere with what's in front of you. My personal experience with this issue was when I activated the quest overlay and the Close button of the quest window didn't seem to work.

Bug Name: Quest Overlay dissapears when double right clicking on quest title/specific empty regions

Bug Description: You can open up a context menu by right clicking on one of the quest titles on your overlay. When you do this twice in rapid succession without moving your mouse cursor (basically a double click, but with your right mouse button), the quest overlay dissapears. You have to either re-enable it (By disabling it/enabling it again in your quest window), relog, teleport or move to another map to get it back.

Oddly, there are also empty areas within your quest overlay where you can open up a context menu. Presumably, these are regions in which other quest entries (specifically, the quest title) would be present if it wasn't for the 5 quests listing limit.

Bug Name: Not all Izlude channels are created equal

Bug Description: The Izlude Town channel 1 instance seems to be wildly different from the other channels. The other (remaining) channels are copies of each other. They both have issues, though.

The Izlude Town channel 1 instance (izlude_town) has:

• NPCs not found on the other channels.
  • Missing/Displaced NPCs.
  • Missing/Displaced warp portals.

The other Izlude Town channel instances (2-5) have:

• Warp portals inside the buildings that all lead back to the channel 1 instance of Izlude Town, instead of the channel you were in. All the warp portals (Weapon/Armor shop, Arena, Swordsman Guild, etc.) that lead outside are affected, except for the one in the Academy.

There also seems to be a difference between the shadows of the first channel and the other channels. The shadows of the other channels are darker.

Bug Name: Remnants from the Old Training Grounds

Bug Description: Several NPCs from the (very) old training grounds are still accessible. They are either in the Training Grounds monster field or the 'Job Exam Room', which shouldn't be accessible in the first place. There's also a Warp portal that doesn't work.

Bug Name: Client crashes when talking with the Cooking 'Training' NPC (Dacquoise)

Bug Description: When you talk to the NPC Dacquoise, you can choose which Dish you want to cook (after reading through several pieces of dialogue). It doesn't matter which dish you choose, the client crashes on all of them. When you get to the part of the dialogue where the ingredients for that dish are listed and click on the Next button, your client crashes.

Bug Name: Can't complete training grounds job quest(s) because of missing NPCs

Bug Description: Note: I have only tested this out on a merchant job character.

On the second floor of the academy, there are Quest NPCs for every job. The NPCs give out a quest and teleport you to the town/city of your chosen occupation. If I understood the dialogue correctly, the NPC that teleported me there was supposed to meet me in the job change building, but he wasn't there. I could job change just fine (different NPC), but I couldn't complete the quest the training ground NPC gave me.

Bug Name: Unable to tame Little Poring with the new (special) Unripe Apples

Bug Description: I have used 50~100 of those special Unripe Apples (Item ID: 12846?) but still couldn't tame a single Little Poring (Monster ID: 2398?). You need to tame one of them to complete a quest.

Edited by ShiveringShadows, 04 September 2013 - 09:07 AM.

#24 SabakuNoTaiso

SabakuNoTaiso

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:05 PM

dont have a bug but.. were do you exchange the hairstyle cert? -_-

#25 mamamiaz

mamamiaz

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 02:34 AM

hello...i want ask..why when i patch it fail...idk why...please help...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users