FIRS---*gets shot*

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#1 SuperGlue

SuperGlue

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 302 posts
  • LocationOceania (servers are sooo far away)
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:00 PM

So what's the deal with the SM and Cres? One's a hybrid healer and the other a hybrid dps?

inb4lolicon

#2 Yukyrie

Yukyrie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 590 posts
  • LocationLook behind you
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:21 PM

One takes pictures and one cosplays.

#3 xdada

xdada

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 318 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 04 September 2013 - 09:24 PM

^

#4 Lanie

Lanie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts
  • LocationAlberta
  • Server:Odin

Posted 04 September 2013 - 11:43 PM

So what's the deal with the SM and Cres? One's a hybrid healer and the other a hybrid dps?

inb4lolicon

Crescentia have two branches of skills, Stigma and Curse.  These two options focus on Dots, AoEs, and Debuffs.  They don't have any significant DPS skills.  Their Debuff skills are remarkable.  So, they are basically a debuff class.

Soulmasters have 3 trees, identical to Priest.  They have DPS, Buff, and Heal.  Their DPS skills aren't known to be very considerable, and their heals aren't known to be that special either, but their buffs are impressive.  This makes them a buffing class.

Each have a few personal fancy tricks, though some aren't as useful as one would like.  SMs get Detect and Devotion (auto-revive/auto-heal/dmg transfer) as some of their strange skills, while Cres get Damage Reflection and Silence (along with other debuffs from slow casting to AoE Sleep).  Both get their own demonic Awakening transformation.  But they are mostly known for their damage/defense up buffs or damage/defense down debuffs.

#5 nogebator

nogebator

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 01:01 AM

dont read laney. she didnt played noel. there only 1 build for crest with some individual changes. and 1-2 for sm. crest is melee dps. with some dots. sm more support. with soullinks. 2 build with revive and without., with some more points in dps tree. soullinks 14 meters only then cut. heal tree useless. 2 sec cast and delay of strong heal  and weak instaheals kills it like a healer.

#6 2534130520102140553

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 04:33 AM

A few Questions:

1. Soul Link: Devotion - Does this have a range that you have to be within like the other "Soul Link" skills, and is this the "auto revive buff" that people have been talking about that will basically keep someone from dying when they're supposed to?  It has a 3 second cooldown.  Does this mean you can just use it over and over again on the tank and he won't die?  Also, does the same apply to the caster?  As in, if the 30% damage received is enough to kill the caster as opposed to the ally, will the caster instead receive the +10% HP and not die, breaking the buff, or will the caster die?

2. Other Soul Link skills - Just in general, how useful are these?  Seems difficult if people move around alot.

3. Restore - Seems like a maxed restore would be as powerful as a highness heal, is the reason heals aren't all that good because of the lack of the "Ignition" skill?

4. Cure Pearl - What... I don't even... a lot of these skill descriptions are confusing, explain plz. @_@

5. As in the SoulMaker Class simulator (http://www.ro2base.c...1.1.1/0.0.0.0.0), is it really required to go both the healing tree and the buff tree to get Soul Link: Revive and Soul Link: Devotion?

#7 nogebator

nogebator

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 05:53 AM

i didnt get devotion. w8 addon here. but ppl on searo tell 1 lvl is enough. higher lvl bring too much pain to sm.

concentration. sm and 5 ppl +10% haste and vigor. raise to 15% no coments must have it

balance sm and 1 man increase atk matk 1-5 lvl optionaly(2-7% or 10-15%)

revive sm and 5 ppl 10-15% heal and decrease dmg 10-15%.

and i wrote about devotion. check sea forums.

all sl have range 14 meters range

restore 2 sec cast on sea. and half sec aftercast delay. sm will never  be main healer, maximum as helper when hot. restoration and cure are instant. actualy restoration good spell as chain heal in warcraft but % too low and 6 sec delay.

and i didnt get pearls. 30 sec delay on sphere wtf? i dont know what this skill for.

i can explain all skills in dps tree. have anough experince. need?

#8 Lanie

Lanie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts
  • LocationAlberta

Posted 05 September 2013 - 09:32 AM

dont read laney. she didnt played noel. there only 1 build for crest with some individual changes. and 1-2 for sm. crest is melee dps. with some dots. sm more support. with soullinks. 2 build with revive and without., with some more points in dps tree. soullinks 14 meters only then cut. heal tree useless. 2 sec cast and delay of strong heal  and weak instaheals kills it like a healer.

Not sure if there was a lack in translation or I was somehow confusing, but I basically said what you did:

"Crest is dps with some dots" = "They focus on dots..."

"SM more support" + "heal tree useless" = "This makes them a buffing class" + "their heals aren't known to be that special either"

You basically called me wrong directly, then repeated what I said, aka indirectly made me seem right.  This might confuse people.

#9 ritsukachan

ritsukachan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 359 posts
  • Locationsomewhere in the mist...

Posted 05 September 2013 - 09:38 AM

Not sure if there was a lack in translation or I was somehow confusing, but I basically said what you did:

"Crest is dps with some dots" = "They focus on dots..."

"SM more support" + "heal tree useless" = "This makes them a buffing class" + "their heals aren't known to be that special either"

You basically called me wrong directly, then repeated what I said, aka indirectly made me seem right.  This might confuse people.

lol

#10 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 10:48 AM

These dwarves seems tricky D:

#11 ritsukachan

ritsukachan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 10:55 AM

2263310.jpg

#12 Lanie

Lanie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts
  • LocationAlberta

Posted 05 September 2013 - 11:11 AM

One of the biggest deals too is that Noels were being noted to not be in practice what Gravity envisioned.  Reports say that they are to be heavily... modified.  We may be seeing these modifications the instant they are released here (aka, Gravity using us to test new formulas).  This could entirely change the recommended builds for all Noels.  To deal with this, it is smartest to observe the intended function of each skill, to allow people to adapt to how the skill can evolve, and thus allow quick builds to develop the instant we notice localization of formulas.

My reports say that the vision for the classes were supposed to be as follows (once again, this is NOT what they have been dealing with on other servers though):

*Soulmasters were envisioned to be a healer option with a capacity on par with Priest, granting options for healers just as we have options for tanks.  Their DPS was intended to be on par with a priest, while they were to have a strong vision of a full support class (also on par with Priest).  Their supportive buffs were designed to be unique, to offer completely new elements into a team, and some of that vision extended to heals (see "Cure Pearl").

*Crescentia was to be the dark side of the light that is Soulmaster.  While Soulmaster got a vision of unique supportive elements to buff a team, Crescentia were the front to offer means to debuff the enemy in turn.  This is why they were given a combo counter system which is applied to the enemy rather than the user (see "Stigma"), along with plenty of curse debuffs (although most were still dots).  The vision was to have them offer debilitary options for a team, in a manner which was almost supportive in nature.  Too this degree, their overall damage output wasn't considered important.

You can see a few of these elements in each class, but they did miss on a lot of points.  People who know me in game know though that I'm definitely fast to adapt to new changes (see "WoE"), so I expect to be ready regardless of if they keep things the same as they are elsewhere, or decide to mess with our formulas.

#13 SuperGlue

SuperGlue

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 302 posts
  • LocationOceania (servers are sooo far away)

Posted 05 September 2013 - 01:35 PM

Neat. Since I can't heal for my life in any MMO,
I'll probably play as a Cres (which I'm guessing will be the minority of the classes?)

At this rate, would end game dungeons even need a debuffer? Or would that slot sacrifice too much dps? Mmm

#14 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 01:42 PM

Pretty much the Crescentia will be a great Mob controller along with the Wizards.

Besides Scythes are awesome!

#15 SparklingLimeade

SparklingLimeade

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 05:20 PM

One of the biggest deals too is that Noels were being noted to not be in practice what Gravity envisioned.  Reports say that they are to be heavily... modified.  We may be seeing these modifications the instant they are released here (aka, Gravity using us to test new formulas).  This could entirely change the recommended builds for all Noels.  To deal with this, it is smartest to observe the intended function of each skill, to allow people to adapt to how the skill can evolve, and thus allow quick builds to develop the instant we notice localization of formulas.

Isn't that how they made two Rogue skills non-functional?

Well I do like my theorycrafting. I'll prepare the analysis desk for the incoming numbers.

#16 jellopyking

jellopyking

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 589 posts
  • Server:skyrim

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:30 PM

Detection (Attack)

requires: Dispell

Detects any invisible enemies within 10m of the caster by focusing his or her mind. Removes the invisibility effect applied to any enemies within the range, and stuns them for 3 sec. with 10% probability.

hey noels! rogue here, remember that while standing my knee is about level with ur face

Edited by jellopyking, 06 September 2013 - 03:31 PM.

#17 Rukaroa

Rukaroa

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 658 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:10 PM

I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing with this build...

http://www.ro2base.c....1.32/0.0.0.0.0

I may make a Crecentia to play around with though since everyone else I know wants to make a loli Soulmaker.

#18 Lanie

Lanie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts
  • LocationAlberta

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:06 AM

Detection (Attack)

requires: Dispell

Detects any invisible enemies within 10m of the caster by focusing his or her mind. Removes the invisibility effect applied to any enemies within the range, and stuns them for 3 sec. with 10% probability.

hey noels! rogue here, remember that while standing my knee is about level with ur face

They might remember that every 30 seconds.  Though because it's a one-shot detect, it usually won't find anyone.

I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing with this build...

http://www.ro2base.c....1.32/0.0.0.0.0

I may make a Crecentia to play around with though since everyone else I know wants to make a loli Soulmaker.

You can tell that you just threw points all over the place...  Build really isn't recommended.  You really can't Hybrid these guys really well.

#19 Zimiraku

Zimiraku

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:55 AM

They might remember that every 30 seconds.  Though because it's a one-shot detect, it usually won't find anyone.

You can tell that you just threw points all over the place...  Build really isn't recommended.  You really can't Hybrid these guys really well.

You seem to be really wise and all-knowing with the loli demon race, regardless of what nogebator said.  You both seem knowledgeable in your own way. I'm probably gonna make both classes at some point in time.  Tell me, are any of these builds acceptable?
I'm just screwin around to see what i can make and how it can all work.

Soul Maker:
This is the build i made that focuses on y'know.  Support.  complete support.

Not entirely sure i like it.  For the Soul Link skills it seems you actually do have to do some attacking for it to proc.  And only having 1 skill to activate that proc is...iffy... I'm not sure which soul link is good or bad, i guess we'll find out in practice, but i'm just working of...horrible theories.  I guess all you really need is 1 attack and to stack Agi like crazy for the crit proc to work.  In fact ithink if i were to work with this build i'd go with 51/27 Agi and Int just to ensure that my crits proc but that's probably a bad idea.  If one of the soul link skills is crap i'd switch it to max the fi rst basic heal, since at max it's like 64% magical attack.

This is a build i made focused on attack and buffs.  No reason, just cuz.

Soul Master has some neat crowd control spells, and Awake: Soulmate sounds like a neat and useful buff/heal, except for that huge cooldown.  Though honestly i'm not sure if i'd even use this at all.  Some of those heals are awesome.  i went with some Vit cuz Sacrifice does more damage the more HP you have.  Sounds kinda neat, if you have a ton of vit runes and Blessing.

This is probably the build i'll use for my Soul Maker

Mostly focused on the buffs and healing, with some DPS skills mixed in. 

For the soul links..well it doesn't say that you can't use them all at the same time.  Still not sure which one would be more useful/useless in action.  only one way to find out.  I hear in the SEA version that Balance is...debatable.  Some people max it and whoever you buff loves you forever, other people say Impersio Manus is better since it buffs everyone.  And i'm not ashamed to admit it.....

i like the attention >.>

the Healing Tree is probably where most people are gonna be like "wtf noob gtfo".  I didn't max Restore cuz it's still pretty dang good at lvl 3, restoration seems a bit more useful for crowds and parties and raids.  I kept cure at one cuz in the description it says that as long as it stays on it'll increase healing by 3.5 every 5 seconds, right?  Might be weak but if you keep it on indefinitely it could probably make every other heal better.   Cure Pearl is...well i don't know to be honest.  people say it's bad but who knows, i like to try skills out for myself.

Edited by Zimiraku, 07 September 2013 - 09:57 AM.

#20 ritsukachan

ritsukachan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 10:59 AM

Crecentia sample build (Utilizing DoT)   -   http://ro2base.com/b...310238.22310238

#21 Lanie

Lanie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts
  • LocationAlberta

Posted 07 September 2013 - 11:03 AM

You seem to be really wise and all-knowing with the loli demon race, regardless of what nogebator said.  You both seem knowledgeable in your own way. I'm probably gonna make both classes at some point in time.  Tell me, are any of these builds acceptable?
I'm just screwin around to see what i can make and how it can all work.

Soul Maker:
This is the build i made that focuses on y'know.  Support.  complete support.
Not entirely sure i like it.  For the Soul Link skills it seems you actually do have to do some attacking for it to proc.  And only having 1 skill to activate that proc is...iffy... I'm not sure which soul link is good or bad, i guess we'll find out in practice, but i'm just working of...horrible theories.  I guess all you really need is 1 attack and to stack Agi like crazy for the crit proc to work.  In fact ithink if i were to work with this build i'd go with 51/27 Agi and Int just to ensure that my crits proc but that's probably a bad idea.  If one of the soul link skills is crap i'd switch it to max the fi rst basic heal, since at max it's like 64% magical attack.

This is a build i made focused on attack and buffs.  No reason, just cuz.
Soul Master has some neat crowd control spells, and Awake: Soulmate sounds like a neat and useful buff/heal, except for that huge cooldown.  Though honestly i'm not sure if i'd even use this at all.  Some of those heals are awesome.  i went with some Vit cuz Sacrifice does more damage the more HP you have.  Sounds kinda neat, if you have a ton of vit runes and Blessing.

This is probably the build i'll use for my Soul Maker
Mostly focused on the buffs and healing, with some DPS skills mixed in. 
For the soul links..well it doesn't say that you can't use them all at the same time.  Still not sure which one would be more useful/useless in action.  only one way to find out.  I hear in the SEA version that Balance is...debatable.  Some people max it and whoever you buff loves you forever, other people say Impersio Manus is better since it buffs everyone.  And i'm not ashamed to admit it.....
i like the attention >.>
the Healing Tree is probably where most people are gonna be like "wtf noob gtfo".  I didn't max Restore cuz it's still pretty dang good at lvl 3, restoration seems a bit more useful for crowds and parties and raids.  I kept cure at one cuz in the description it says that as long as it stays on it'll increase healing by 3.5 every 5 seconds, right?  Might be weak but if you keep it on indefinitely it could probably make every other heal better.   Cure Pearl is...well i don't know to be honest.  people say it's bad but who knows, i like to try skills out for myself.

Comments on your Builds:

1. If you wanted complete FS, that does qualify.  Probably would more recommend pushing points from Pearl to Restore though, Pearl ends up more a gimmick than a function.  Max level Devotion is going to kill you fast in most situation.
  2. Skipping on Balance is not recommended at all, regardless of build.  The heals aren't a lot to talk about, so this build might prune from there.  The rest is mostly negotiable, as I sorta accept people really want to put their own flavour into things.
  3. You're burning a lot to get the transformation I see.  Won't fit well with the carbon copied build mindset, but probably acceptable for those of the right tastes.

Crecentia sample build (Utilizing DoT)   -   http://ro2base.com/b...310238.22310238

The transformation is crit reliant for it's effect, working without the stigma crit boost will make that skill suffer.  For being dot-focused though, it otherwise looks reasonable.

Edited by Lanie, 07 September 2013 - 11:07 AM.

#22 rzevidz007

rzevidz007

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 11:06 AM

You sir, made my day.

#23 ritsukachan

ritsukachan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 11:08 AM

Has anyone else noticed that Crecentia's have the skills "Crucio" and "Imperio"? 

....Unforgivable curses anyone?

#24 Lanie

Lanie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts
  • LocationAlberta

Posted 07 September 2013 - 11:12 AM

Has anyone else noticed that Crecentia's have the skills "Crucio" and "Imperio"? 

....Unforgivable curses anyone?

Alters used a lot of RO1-based ideas of either names or functions.  Devotion and Sacrifice have the same effects as the RO1 Paladin skills with the same name.  Crescentia finally invoke shield reflect, while SMs get Imposio Magnus.

#25 ritsukachan

ritsukachan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 11:12 AM

The transformation is crit reliant for it's effect, working without the stigma crit boost will make that skill suffer.  For being dot-focused though, it otherwise looks reasonable.

I felt that sacrificing an additional 1-5% was a reasonable trade for 3/3 Death Grip. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users