#1 stegosaurus

stegosaurus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin, Channel 8

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:28 PM

So, after reading through all the SM build topics I could find and messing around with the skill sim for about twenty years, I came up with this build.

For the most part it seems to be working well so far (though, I'm still only 26 and haven't tried a dungeon yet...) but there are a couple of skills I'm debating over (and of course, there's that 1 extra point floating around...hmph) so I figured I'd seek out some opinions. The stats are...well, I still haven't put a lot of thought into them yet, apart from "I should get Agi and Int", but I'm not too worried about them just yet.

The skills I'm not sure on are:

- Cure (3/5):  I've heard both good and bad opinions on this skill. So far I've only got it at 1, and it's pretty handy for grinding (I especially like tossing it on right before fighting some of those quest mini-bosses). Not sure if I should keep it at 1 or go to 3 as I planned.

- Soul Link Revive and Soul Link Devotion: I'm not even sure I want one point in either of these skills. From what I've been told, Revive doesn't really make much of a difference (though the description makes it sound nice...hmm) and with the fact that Devotion gets removed if whoever is buffed with it gets healed, I feel like the points might be more useful somewhere else.

As far as Restore goes, I actually feel fairly comfortable leaving it at 1, since it's far more spammable when it only costs 1 SP per cast, though I might consider knocking it up a couple of levels later on.

Anywho, that's what I came up with. I'd love to hear what you think of it, and of course, if you think there's some catastrophic error I've made somewhere, I'd like to hear about that too. :P Thanks in advance to whoever responds! *goes to hide in the corner*

#2 ArukaX

ArukaX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:24 PM

my SM so far is lv 42, and after messing around with all skills before reset i came up with this one http://www.ro2base.c...1.1.1/0.0.0.0.0

soul extortion and mental breakdown are your replacements to autoattack buttom, the difference is that SE is chanaled and roots you in place, and MB is apamable. i decided to raise MB because could use it to chase ppl at colonever raise both (btw a very nice trick to grind fast is to pull 2-4 mobs, use death spell on them to apply soul injection, and them spam MB or SE.)

devotion is bugged at the momment,dont really see any reason to waste a single point on it, and revive while the 10% (15% when stacked) damage reduction might not sound very good for others, you gotta remember its secondary effect of healing everyone linked. (btw, links tooltips are wrong, the max ammount of linked ppl is raid size "9" plus you, not 5) and crits are very easy to achieve with restoration spam and besides, if you are on awake mode, it stacks with awake normal healing effect  per crit too, wich mean u will be healing everyone around you for 11% every time u crit,, (more if you crit more than once with restoration or soul injection multi mob hitting) additional to your normal healing (besides as i said your healing outside this isnt as good as sorc/priest nor is damage vs a dedicated dps class, ppl will mostly want you for the buffs)

balance sounds pretty, but this one only affects 1 pt member :/

and finally inmunity, while it does decent damage (and the explotion animation is damn awesome) i actually find myself not using it as much as i though since i can turn MB into aoe anyway with soul injection, and the cd of 10s. (i still got it at 1 because of the animation xD)

also cure at lv 4 turns it into a LoR clone (though single target) resto rank is up to your preference

and restore is just meh, the builder tooltip is wrong, its actually 2s cast time, plus 2s of animation so its actually 4s for you to recive the heal. and is mostly for personal use and slighty support because ppl in raid will never expect you to heal that much unless you do the revive/awake combo

Edited by ArukaX, 16 September 2013 - 07:33 PM.

#3 stegosaurus

stegosaurus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin, Channel 8

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:59 PM

Awesome, thanks for the reply. :3 That actually clears up a lot of what I was wondering about.

Since I first posted, I did a dungeon run or two, and I definitely noticed the uh... "meh"-ness of restore. :P I'll definitely be keeping it at 1, I think. Between your info and the dungeons, I think I can finally mess around and get my build to my liking.

As far as the DPS skills go, even though it roots you, I'm pretty fond of Soul Extortion.

Usually I start off with Soul Extinction, then Soul Extortion, hit Mental Breakdown once or twice, and depending on the enemy's health, I'll either repeat it from there or just finish it off with MB. I'm not really fond of colo, and it seems like everyone likes to murder Noels more than anything else right now, so that might have something to do with my preference. x3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users