Disable Sorcerer class from Colosseum until rework - Page 6 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Disable Sorcerer class from Colosseum until rework

• Please log in to reply
157 replies to this topic

#126 HunkSurvivor

HunkSurvivor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:23 PM

a sorc used embus against 3 of us, he got triple kill!!! then penta with his natural freeze

#127 Meconopsis

Meconopsis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 918 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:32 PM

That's true. This Sorc was tanking a ranger, a rogue, and a monk with Embus, Earth Arms, Deluge, and killing us with nothing but Lightning Bolt. Kinda hard not to want to kill the Sorc when that Big 1 is on top of their head. They had 2x damage for free frome Embus and priest-like healing.

Not to mention that Embus was probably on like a 20 second cooldown... so infinite power to them.

Why the heck does a CC pet amplifies a mage's damage again?

#128 Haboob

Haboob

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 931 posts
  • LocationBattlegrounds

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:43 PM

Because water is weak to thunder and the CC freezes your feeties in place.

#129 Denvalas

Denvalas

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • LocationThere

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:04 PM

Because water is weak to thunder and the CC freezes your feeties in place.

Are we talking about elemental damage? Is this RO1? Is this real life? I dont know anymore.

#130 ESeion

ESeion

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 74 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:57 PM

Hey with Embus, Sorc doesn't rely on luck anymore! ^^;;

My monk should get paid for being frozen for 30 seconds long in colo.

Your monk survived 30 seconds frozen in colo?

NERF MONKS

#131 3596130702174734600

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 149 posts
  • Server:IRO2

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:42 AM

Sorcerers are doubtlessly sitting on the top of the food chain. But they share the position with Rangers, and Priests are not underpowered as well. Disabling them is stupid, because players with sorcs have a right to get their gear aswell, but the problem with inbalance remains anyways. I can deal with this, because I am able to play my characters well enough to accept some challenge. But I get annoyed when I read how sorcs tell over and over that they're weak and people just don't know how to play their class. They are usually telling this while a ) not even playing those classes and b ) obviously not having experience with their own class if they say they're bad in colo. Any sorcerer who ever played a Rogue / Beastmaster / Monk in Colosseum will start to aknowledge the abilities of their main character (and they lie if they say something different).

Also those arguents I read over and over are pointless. Sorcers die fast? Everyone who is not a melee dies fast. Only tanks can survive easier, but then why is it that you hardly ever see BMs / Monks in the final round? Because they can't kill nearly as easy as some DPS classes.

Sorcs can miss? Every class can miss. And missing with an important finisher is a lost oportunity for most classes, and there are far, far more cruel ways of losing an oportunity than missing with a 30 sec cd skill on top of 2 other skills (Dark Illusion for example). Sorcs rely on crits? Every class does. The difference: Sorcs are capable of dealing way more damage than most other classes in a single spell, and this weather or not the RNG is enormously random, because this is a problem with every single other class as well. Every class has to rely on being lucky with their finishers. The big advantage / difference: Melee are helpless when frozen/trapped - all they can do is watch you kill them. Sorcs and Rangers are able to kill someone without having them notice. Ranged attacks are a gift in Colosseum, and anyone who ever played a melee class will understand why.

You miss the fine parts to playing as a sorc. Everyone that isn't a tank dies quickly, that is true, even tanks die quickly if enough people attack them. The problem with sorcs, they have 0 defense skills when surprised. Everyone else can avoid a 1v1 or neutralize the situation and fight on even grounds, but a sorc must sit there and take it. Sorcs RELY on criticals because that IS their damage. If they fail to critical their attacks, they will miss out on a kill. I too also play melee classes in colo, monk, rogue and even a wizard, and honestly colo is all about skill. If you can't avoid a sorc or manage to kill one with a level 50 melee character that's your fault. If they don't have an OP pet, all you have to do is stand on top of them and just kill them. It isn't that difficult. Spend some time playing a sorc before trying to say how OP they are, they have several faults that others don't notice simply because they never played the class.

If you're a ranger and you're losing to a sorc, chances are you're probably not stealthed, not potting, and you aren't running behind him trying to ankle snare him when you get the chance.

Disagree. A ranger was cloaked and snuck up on me, took away 3k of my health and i turned and destroyed him in a blank of an eye. Rangers should never try to 1v1 a sorc unless they have their falcon to help with the damage, and sometimes not even then. Rangers are about mobility for their defense and once frozen/stunned, they just die, and that is what sorcs love to do.

That first sentence is just one of many unneeded things mentioned here by you, the cynical remarks aside. If it's just a penis comparization contest, I have been playing a sorcerer on SEA, and what you have been experiencing or not/ state here is as subjective/ assumption based as what you claim about my statements. Your argument that sorcerers can't survive when getting attacked from more than one person is unnecessary. I did not say they are capable of surviving, I said that other classes wont survive this situation either. Also sorcs don't need to cast when running away, so their versatility when running is the same as with any other class.

Furthermore: A sorcerer healing himself (knowing what he does) is absolutely capable of surviving at least one DPS, even a Rogue or Sin who K.O. him. And this is not "my point of view", this is a fact. Besides - Warrior or Knight doesn't really matter, Warriors are avoided as much, especially those with defender buff. On a final note - if you'd really play a Rogue in Colo, we wouldn't have this discussion.

I play a rogue & sorcerer in colo, and got my thief to 4th round before. You might just need to improve your skills in the colo.

^ this.... :p_smile:

I've seen ALL classes win the final, and seen ALL classes get potted early on. Sometimes its just blind luck, whacking the toon that's got a big '1' over their head and running away. I have a poorly equipped Priest and had a wee archer (before she became a slow poopy beastmaster) who both got further than my sorc and sin at a few colos - my Priest has even made it to the final and she is a poopy hybrid that requires more button pushing than I have fingers (no, I am not a 'leet' priest player omg!). Some people don't like being beaten by some people, oh noes! lets ban EVERYBODY! :hmm:   Or if we are going down that road, theres a few of them wee folk that need punting.. they are ebil! :p_omg:

If any class is to get a nerf it would be Priest. Several DoTs, best healing in the game, HP boosting skill, and did I forget about a heal that grants 100% health???????? Let's cry about sorcs BARELY critically for their kills. I never attack a Priest simply because I would need EVERY attack to critical, otherwise you heal off the damage, Dot me, and then proceed to kill me, or just run away with more health than when the fight started. I have seen a priest hold off 3 players before, 2 sorcs in it. They need major nerfing.

#132 Velouce

Velouce

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:27 AM

You miss the fine parts to playing as a sorc. Everyone that isn't a tank dies quickly, that is true, even tanks die quickly if enough people attack them. The problem with sorcs, they have 0 defense skills when surprised. Everyone else can avoid a 1v1 or neutralize the situation and fight on even grounds, but a sorc must sit there and take it. Sorcs RELY on criticals because that IS their damage. If they fail to critical their attacks, they will miss out on a kill. I too also play melee classes in colo, monk, rogue and even a wizard, and honestly colo is all about skill. If you can't avoid a sorc or manage to kill one with a level 50 melee character that's your fault. If they don't have an OP pet, all you have to do is stand on top of them and just kill them. It isn't that difficult. Spend some time playing a sorc before trying to say how OP they are, they have several faults that others don't notice simply because they never played the class.

I play a rogue & sorcerer in colo, and got my thief to 4th round before. You might just need to improve your skills in the colo.[/quote]

Wow. You didn't even take time to understand my point, you just act like many other peole - seeking for chances to claim "I'm pro, you just need to play better". And this desperated wish of yours is so intense, that you're starting to missinterpretate stuff into what you actually want to see.

But then, at the very same time, you ignore the fact that sorcerers have defensive skills. Because here is the whole point (again) why I even compared Rogue to Sorcerers: Tell me what exactly do you think is a Rogue capable of to survive easier than a Sorcerer when being under attack? And before answering what you "think" is right, better go to the thief forums and read my posts/guides to find eventually a solid argument.

Also no, it has absolutely nothing to do with skill if you are killed by a sorcerer that is standing far away and freezes you. What are you going to do then exactly? Kill them with Dagger Throw maybe? All you can do is wait until you're killed, or survived to run to them, getting killed on your way.

#133 SilentSorceress

SilentSorceress

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:52 AM

Also no, it has absolutely nothing to do with skill if you are killed by a sorcerer that is standing far away and freezes you. What are you going to do then exactly? Kill them with Dagger Throw maybe? All you can do is wait until you're killed, or survived to run to them, getting killed on your way.

Try avoiding that situation in the first place.

You're not just going to be frozen 20 m from the Sorc every time anyway, and even when you're frozen, you can still have the attacks miss/not crit and the Sorc getting mauled because everyone else saw a VS fly. Being frozen is far from a death sentence. My work definitely does not end with frost diver.

#134 Zardini

Zardini

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:05 AM

ull get one shot out of colo too lol

Edited by Zardini, 24 September 2013 - 04:06 AM.

#135 Meconopsis

Meconopsis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 918 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:05 AM

Your monk survived 30 seconds frozen in colo?

NERF MONKS

Obviously the Sorc never bothered to kill me... He just waited until my Fury duration ticked to nothing and then killed me after he was done tanking/freezing all the other squishies.

#136 Vanillarox

Vanillarox

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 224 posts
  • LocationSomewhere on a train.

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:56 AM

He/She has a valid point. A Sorc's burst damage is very high in colo. I've been crit for 7k on my Soul Maker before. I've heard of people being one shot as well? Can't confirm that myself. However, I don't know of many classes that can do that much damage so quickly and with such a cooldown.

While yes, I have done 7k crits with G-Fist on my Monk (without the poring buff), I am only able to use it once every minute (save for the initial CD refresh with Summon Spirit Sphere) and my cast time is much higher. Furthermore my skill is weaker.

The point is, Sorcerers can chain heal quite well. They can drop LoR, Deluge and Heal quite well. Furthermore, with the addition of Embus, Sorcs do not even need to switch to Wind Seal anymore. They can get the 2x damage proc from the freezes and just heal when necessary. In the fifth round of colo I saw a Sorc healing through a Rouge and Ranger's attack. Both had the colo weapon at the very least. Only when the Rogue knocked him down were they able to beat him.

Sorcerer is meant to be a support class; A hybrid between Priest and Wizard almost. They get decent heals and some incredible burst damage. I don't understand why people say that "crit is their damage". All classes can crit. But how many of them get a 7k crit with such an easy set up? If I wanted a 7k crit on my Monk (who gets no agi aside from runes and titles, by the way) I'd have to get into Fury state (requires at least two hits on the enemy for that) and then cast G-Fist (have you seen the cast time?) VS has no time cast time. A Sorcerer can pop on memorize, drop a Frost Diver, a VS and then a Jupitel Thunder. Not many classes are alive after that, especially when they crit.

Now I don't think they should be disabled from Colosseum, but something should be done. They are easily top tier along side Priests and Rangers.

Edited by Zanbee, 24 September 2013 - 08:04 AM.
Took out quote.

#137 Sehee

Sehee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:01 AM

with the addition of Embus

Seriously people, stop mixing things, pets are op, period, they can make any class op, specially with low cooldowns. You're talking like the sorcerers are the only one allowed to use pets in colo. Also they should be removed, but that's another topic

#138 Zanbee

Zanbee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1622 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:04 AM

Please keep this thread civil conversation only. 

#139 HunkSurvivor

HunkSurvivor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:06 AM

Please keep this thread civil conversation only. 

patch notes please <3

#140 SilentSorceress

SilentSorceress

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:09 AM

Seriously people, stop mixing things, pets are op, period, they can make any class op, specially with low cooldowns. You're talking like the sorcerers are the only one allowed to use pets in colo. Also they should be removed, but that's another topic

Very true. Embus has nothing to do with Sorcs. Just like ranger, sin, and rouge have nothing to do with winning 5 rounds of colo immune from attack becase you're invisible. It's not something the class by itself allows you to do.

Edited by SilentSorceress, 24 September 2013 - 08:12 AM.

#141 Vanillarox

Vanillarox

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:16 AM

Embus is most OP on a Sorc. No other class (save for wizard to a lesser extent) gets a 2x damage boost from Embus. It is extremely relevant.

#142 Gluttannie

Gluttannie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 432 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:41 AM

If any class is to get a nerf it would be Priest. Several DoTs, best healing in the game, HP boosting skill, and did I forget about a heal that grants 100% health???????? Let's cry about sorcs BARELY critically for their kills. I never attack a Priest simply because I would need EVERY attack to critical, otherwise you heal off the damage, Dot me, and then proceed to kill me, or just run away with more health than when the fight started. I have seen a priest hold off 3 players before, 2 sorcs in it. They need major nerfing.

Except in a 1v1, the Sorc would always have a higher chance of killing the Priest. Reason? A priest can never deal a 7k crit AND stun at the same time. What is a +15% HP buff going to do when you can take off like 80% of their health and stun them? What is a Full Heal with a high cd going to do when you can repeat the DPS cycle in less than 20s?

If a priest is hitting you, you should always be able to out heal their lolDoT and RoG damage unless you get tunnel vision and only think about attacking. What priests are good at in Colo is somewhat surviving and KSing. I say somewhat surviving because when their defensives are on cool down, they're just as squishy as anyone else. That's why smart ppl continue to bombard Priests instead of giving up after they full heal.

#143 NuwaChan

NuwaChan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 439 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:29 AM

Embus is most OP on a Sorc. No other class (save for wizard to a lesser extent) gets a 2x damage boost from Embus. It is extremely relevant.

Ermies with his knock down stun is even more OP. Thankfully it is really hard to solo Sandstorm.

#144 Vanillarox

Vanillarox

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:40 PM

Bump.

#145 HunkSurvivor

HunkSurvivor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:18 PM

colosseum at round 2 today, my monk got 0 kills,not even mobs for the lack of last hitting unlike warriors with aura strike, a sorc got 10 kills, eliminated, pls buff monks....

AND NERF SORCERERS

#146 Uberkafros

Uberkafros

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:30 AM

Sorc needs a reworw in and out of colo.
At this point with the same sp investment a sorc can have full dps without too much of a sacrifice on both his healing trees of water and earth.

Given the fact that all his dps is instant and teh set up condition of freeze status can be aplied by pets this makes him unfair in and out of colo.

Even in the same base class Sorc>Wiz.Wiz is only  good for dragonology.

But before seeing what truly needs to change in colo in general pets need to go :P

#147 LostDreamer

LostDreamer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 662 posts
  • LocationExodus
  • Server:odin

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:43 AM

i laughed my colo today round 3 my knight, 2 sorc and ranger and sin. everyone unleashed there embus, eremes and undeads at the same time hoping for easy kills lmao we all got stunned and frozen same time no one could do anything ahaha it was so funny.

as a knight im totally squishy to sorc. if they manage to freeze me the im done for, but if it misses i can usually kill them pretty fast or get ks by a sin or ranger.

my only issue is the fact of ranged players always able to kill steal when us melees have to be right in your face . it sucks. but thats pvp/ colo gotta work with what were given.

i am enjoying colo with all the new chaos and everyone summoning op pets its so funny now watching everyone scramble to get kills, its more like pet / pet now .

#148 Sehee

Sehee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:04 AM

Since when knights are squishy? xD

#149 LostDreamer

LostDreamer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 662 posts
  • LocationExodus
  • Server:odin

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:18 AM

well im not full tank build im more dps :) so yes im more squishy then most tanks.

#150 MallardPrimus

MallardPrimus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 242 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:03 AM

well im not full tank build im more dps :) so yes im more squishy then most tanks.

How is that relevant to colo?

Edited by MallardPrimus, 30 September 2013 - 08:03 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users