Any Advertisement going on? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Any Advertisement going on?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Habee

Habee

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:49 AM

I would be curious to know what kind of advertisement if any is Gravity doing to promote Ragnarok Online? Because a free official server sounds like a good deal yet we don't see many p-server players coming over. (I know they have high rates, but there are plenty of low rate servers as well). Are there other reasons why an official server is less attractive to some?

Edited by Habee, 20 September 2013 - 06:52 AM.

#2 Handersen

Handersen

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3272 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:01 AM

Low rate make ppl lazy to grind specially the drop rate of MVPs card unlike pserver

#3 Izzy1

Izzy1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1793 posts
  • LocationU.K
  • Server:Chaos Renewal - Smokies

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:02 AM

I think you'll find it's similar to that of a few minority players on here itself, Some people want everything, for very little effort and maximum gain.

I can only imagine with these rediculously high rates, that if they came here, it would be incredibly boring. It would take too much effort to kill a poring to level up. x1000 would be almost instantanious lvl 99/trans/rebirth etc. To me that's no fun. I like to have a sense of achievement. My warlock took 7 years to get to 150. however, my Ranger took 4 weeks. my new Sorcerer is well on it's way to 150. I'm actually having a LOT of fun playing the sorcerer so much that my other characters have been abandoned!!

I'm straying from the point.. But to answer your question, I think it's a case of it's slow to get to 99, get good equipment and be competant at MVPing coming from one of those.... servers.

A lot of advertisement comes from word of mouth. Get your friends involved! get them into rival guilds! that'd make things interesting! when you meet up outside iRO be all like "Ahahaha I TOTALLY died to your SPEAR BOOMERANG during WoE"

I introduced 8 people to this game. 2 of which are VIP/KP Buyers etc they moved on to different things.. and into other guilds!!

#4 Aesthetisch

Aesthetisch

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:14 AM

I think their main focus is their newer games, but there should be some sort of something for RO because with a little bit of effort I think our population could increase.

And agreeing with the previous post by Izzy, this game has come down to word of mouth and also relies on its reputation for being such a long running MMO.

People on p-servers may have their rates and OP junk, but when their P-server GMs get bored and shut the server down they'll lose everything. Another reason official servers are superior because your stuff isn't going anywhere.

#5 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9328 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:20 AM

They have free advertising. It's called their players. This game has grown a large population... gotten smaller and all that stuff over again over the years it's been up. Over time people just find it online browsing or have an existing player tell a friend or 2. I joined because of a brother. I had a friend join (doesn't play anymore) and recently had someone else start to play. Some advertising would be nice. But seeing as it is "international".. where would they advertise that would reach the entire world? Likewise I don't think these servers were ever destined to have a huge population. It would blow out the little hamsters hearts that work so hard to keep the servers alive :(

#6 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10262 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:30 AM

It's one of the reasons why we are getting into livestreaming and doing let's Plays. These do help us to promote the game outside of the people who have heard of RO. 

#7 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:21 AM

the more vids people post on youtube of game play and server events the better... if people see the way it looks and plays they can get an idea of if they will want to play or not... there are alot of games out there right now... but iRO is still listed on many MMO sites as one of the top free MMOs out there... really we need happy players to put GOOD reviews on those sites to help draw in players... but as of now there is alot of complaining on those reviews about pay to win, the lag, and slow grinding (to be fair its compared to all Korean MMOs and they are all grindy)... it doesnt help that whenever people come to the forums and ask if they should play this game if half the people who respond do so with nothing but negativity... really people need to lighten up ALOT when it comes to this game....

#8 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 3287 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:34 PM

the more vids people post on youtube of game play and server events the better... if people see the way it looks and plays they can get an idea of if they will want to play or not... there are alot of games out there right now... but iRO is still listed on many MMO sites as one of the top free MMOs out there... really we need happy players to put GOOD reviews on those sites to help draw in players... but as of now there is alot of complaining on those reviews about pay to win, the lag, and slow grinding (to be fair its compared to all Korean MMOs and they are all grindy)... it doesnt help that whenever people come to the forums and ask if they should play this game if half the people who respond do so with nothing but negativity... really people need to lighten up ALOT when it comes to this game....

This makes too much sense! Am I still on warpportal forums?

#9 Izzy1

Izzy1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1793 posts
  • LocationU.K
  • Server:Chaos Renewal - Smokies

Posted 21 September 2013 - 02:29 AM

Just to point out about the negativity, I did try to turn that around a little bit the other day http://forums.warppo...369-lag-free-d/ :P

#10 HansLowell

HansLowell

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 485 posts
  • LocationQuebec
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 September 2013 - 02:34 AM

with the card default rate doubled official is as easy as a pserv (for classic I mean) I wouldn't see any reason to still stick to some other pservs. 

Btw speaking of vids I can'T make roreplay work on my computer T_T

#11 Alicia

Alicia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1912 posts
  • LocationLocation Location
  • Server:Disconnected

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:51 AM

I would be curious to know what kind of advertisement if any is Gravity doing to promote Ragnarok Online? Because a free official server sounds like a good deal yet we don't see many p-server players coming over. (I know they have high rates, but there are plenty of low rate servers as well). Are there other reasons why an official server is less attractive to some?

Forums are a great way to promote any online game.

I personally always look at forums first to get a feel of the community, and many games display their forum highlights on their front page for this reason.

And as soon as you enter the game you will realize that this game's community is EXTRA special!

This includes (but not limited to):

- Turn Ins (Gramps is not close to wearing diapers anytime yet...)

- Every Maintenance is Special in some fashion (Early, Late or someone's B-Day, mine is December 26th btw, just in case you're running out of ideas)

- Talk like a Pirate Day, Easter, Hallowe'en, (my personal favorite) Christmas, New Years, Passover(?... forgot if we have that one), everyday is special super specially.

- We enjoy numerous content updates and patches every week with bug fixes, in game description fixes and the like.

All in all, a great game with a great community (this I can vouch for - having played for I think 5 years on the official Chaos Server (previously Valkyrie)).

I can't speak for Classic server, never having played, but I know people who do and I'm sure it's a good atmosphere since the organizers are in good standing/shape.

#12 hoikarnage

hoikarnage

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1876 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:29 AM

Another reason official servers are superior because your stuff isn't going anywhere.

Although these mergers aren't that much better. I may still have most of my stuff (my 99 HW disappeared), but what am I going to do with three Genetics and two Sinx on the same damn account? I wasted a lot of time so I could play on any server I wanted, just to end up getting everything merged.

Now I have quite a few characters I spent years grinding that are now useless because I have multiples due to a merger.

I was thinking of playing classic, but now I am afraid to because the way Gravity does things, they will probably merge classic with chaos as soon as I finish leveling.

#13 Alicia

Alicia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1912 posts
  • LocationLocation Location
  • Server:Disconnected

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:48 AM

Although these mergers aren't that much better. I may still have most of my stuff (my 99 HW disappeared), but what am I going to do with three Genetics and two Sinx on the same damn account? I wasted a lot of time so I could play on any server I wanted, just to end up getting everything merged.

Now I have quite a few characters I spent years grinding that are now useless because I have multiples due to a merger.

I was thinking of playing classic, but now I am afraid to because the way Gravity does things, they will probably merge classic with chaos as soon as I finish leveling.

The characters you leveled are okay because they are leveled to some extent.

The problem is probably their stats, gears and hairstyles (are out dated) (specially the hair).

As for Classic, that sounds like quite the gamble at this point but it's also a fresh server.

As for merging with renewal, I was under the impression that they did not want to do so...

besides, most of t he people who play on classic have assets in renewal, right?

So we'd essentially be talking about merging classic assets with renewal assets, BOOM.

I think we should stop merging everything and start founding interesting and long-lasting concepts instead.

Edited by Alicia, 21 September 2013 - 06:48 AM.

#14 yuji21

yuji21

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 21 September 2013 - 03:57 PM

-i think some good advertisement are T-shirts =3 or bag, anything iRO can put a print and sell in online markets @_@
-another anime ? if posible and manga as well >_> i read them mangas, ish wash great >_<
-why not make RO in HD? =O sounds awesome (/*A*)/

#15 Lyrage

Lyrage

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 952 posts
  • LocationWherever there's less bots.

Posted 22 September 2013 - 02:28 AM

How about on Facebook?

I see lots of pserver ads there. @_@

#16 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:33 AM

ive tried advertising this game on my own personal FB account but most of the people on there are old like me...

#17 Talvis

Talvis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1985 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Midwest
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:04 PM

I've seen a RO ad once in a gaming magazine a couple years ago though it was placed by UGC and not Gravity directly.  I know Warpportal likes to stick to social media for advertising, but using a few more traditional methods like magazine ads or web ads wouldn't hurt.

Any plans to put RO on Steam like Rose and RO2?

#18 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:20 PM

I've seen a RO ad once in a gaming magazine a couple years ago though it was placed by UGC and not Gravity directly.  I know Warpportal likes to stick to social media for advertising, but using a few more traditional methods like magazine ads or web ads wouldn't hurt.

Any plans to put RO on Steam like Rose and RO2?

they arnt officially saying it will be on steam (yet) but they have definitely been hinting at it as something they are working on...

#19 Banjo03

Banjo03

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 264 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:58 PM

we don't see many p-server players coming over.

I will be honest, I played here for some time, got some decent equipment for Ranger and Genetic, leveled up both chars + a side Archbishop, and then left. There are various reasons for that decision, but what really made me leave was the unbearable latency, I can't play this game without Lowerping, and Lowerping Beta is already over, I won't be paying for it because I don't really play that much (work, college). So, as much as I would like to support the official server, I can't.

#20 Mutoh

Mutoh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:15 PM

I've seen a good amunt of new players who quit right after they know about the magical stone thing...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users