Pming Gm, CM, Dev, or R&D - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Pming Gm, CM, Dev, or R&D

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 duckmanneo

duckmanneo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 580 posts
  • LocationIn a van down by the river.
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 22 September 2013 - 02:41 PM

A forum member pms one of the above people and specifies their issue. 

The member can choose topic - ticket and have a slot to include their ticket number.  They can select character issue and describe their situation.  They can select Woe Issue and then describe the situation.  The support system has a great ticket system, but that system has many people who deal with the tons of tickets.  The forums seem like its just every CM/GM/Dev...... for themselves, and they each have to go through a flood of emails.

When one of the above important people log on and go to check their mail, their mail inbox is categorized by different ticket sections. 

Maybe one day they want to deal with just ticket issues.  They click on the ticket inbox and it loads up all the pms that deal with only ticket issues.  They don't have to go through the flood of pms looking for ticket pms as this is already sorted out in advanced.

People complain how they pm a GM and such but the response time is too long...well there are just too many tickets for them too look through with no extra help.

Zanbee: Sry if I'm slow answering forum messages today. My inbox exploded with unread messages.

Slow + exploded with unread messages

Edited by duckmanneo, 23 September 2013 - 11:06 AM.

#2 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:19 PM

Mods and helpers can't help you anymore than the next player, some things simply have to be done in the office and remote access isn't something thats being entertained and quite frankly shouldn't be.

#3 duckmanneo

duckmanneo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:36 PM

What............................................................................................................?

Is it just me or is that response way off from the topic?

I just suggested the forums copying the setup of the support site https://support.warp...in/Default.aspx and have that same setup for the GM/CM/Devs/etc.

Maybe I should have just said that.

Remote access? What?

Difference:

Forum Pm

http://i.imgur.com/5B8x3sS.jpg

Support Site

http://i.imgur.com/Br8r8J6.jpg

On the forum, you would just select an appropriate category for your issue, and the system would automatically organize that mail for whomever is going to read that.

But I guess no need to think about new ideas about forums.  It's going to be 2025, and businesses will still be using the same template for forums.

Edited by duckmanneo, 22 September 2013 - 05:55 PM.

#4 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:56 PM

Well apparently I don't know what I'm talking about...I wouldn't know anything about the systems running /sarcasm

#5 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:17 AM

<quote removed>

Inu is NOT a member of management... you kids need to learn the difference between employees of warpportal/gravity and volunteers... maybe you should spend less time bitching and trolling and more time appreciating the work some people put in on this game  to better the community WITHOUT COMPENSATION... it doesnt make any difference if you like what the contribute or not... just be happy they are willing and able to do something nice for the community as a whole...

Edited by Campitor, 23 September 2013 - 09:13 AM.

#6 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:13 AM

Community Managers rarely answer tickets as they are not the GM team. They are the community team. They may be willing to help look in to a ticket if it was handled in correctly. But when they do so it is because they are setting aside other tasks (which still must be done) to do it. Please wait for your ticket to be answered by the GM team.

#7 duckmanneo

duckmanneo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:27 AM

I reacted innapprorately towards Inubashiri's response. 

I haven't seen a lot of helper posts, but I have seen VolunteerMods post very helpful information.  Campitor wrote how CMs rarely answer tickets.  I don't know if that means they rarely visit the forums to check tickets or check tickets on the support site.  I guess the topic of this thread extends to Gms, Devs, and R&D.

I did not write this thread in order to draw attention for my ticket(s) to be answer.  I would have send the appropriate person a personal message along with the ticket number, or I would have just waited patiently until my ticket was answer on the support site.

I wrote this thread because I noticed the difference between the forum system and the support site.  I just noted the cause and effects of what I was observing.  I keep quoting Zanbee because I saw what he/she wrote on the right side of the forum.  I felt that response was made because there was just an overload of work.  He most likely had other matters to attend to, but he had to go thorugh probably a huge list of personal messages.  I wrote this thread keeping in mind any staff member going through this same situation.

I honestly do not know if there is a system in place in which organizes outgoing personal messages that users send.  I don't know if R&D has pondered upon this subject in the past.  This is thread created by a user who made a quick observation and wrote his throughts.

Edit: Zanbee is a Community Manager.

Edit2: Can this topic be moved to Off-topic?  This is not a Ragnarok Online proposal.

Edited by duckmanneo, 23 September 2013 - 11:06 AM.

#8 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:23 AM

The forum software and the ticket system software are two different packages, you'd have to create some type of middle-ware so each could talk to one another and really I just don't see the merit in taking developer time to do that when there are more pressing matters. Any future update to either package could break the middle-ware as well.

Edited by Inubashiri, 23 September 2013 - 11:23 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users