#1 toonzaka

toonzaka

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 516 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:04 PM

Im looking to start a GX or SC for WoE/PVP and to also do some MvPing and Nid runs. Any advice will help me get started. I just have a thief right now so there is time. I am looking for suggestions as to what is better over all for what I want to do and then even what gears I should get and stat wise. 

#2 stygionyx

stygionyx

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1463 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:33 PM

If you also aims to MVP, then GX is better option (SC is definitely better in PvP/WoE, but completely sucks at MVPing).

For GX, best weapon is KVM katar (Glor Jamadhar if you're more to MVP, Glor Bloody roar if you're more to PvP/WoE). Other gears are pretty standard (+9 WoE set, +9 cat ear beret).

#3 Auarion

Auarion

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 605 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:23 PM

My GX does all the things you are talking about. You should definitely get the GJ for a nice balance between WoE and MVP. The glorious bloody roar is (marginally) better for those who are completely WoE focused, while the GJ is more versatile.

For Nid specifically, he doesn't agi-up so I find it easier to spam rolling cutter on him till he dies and backslide to heal. You can also take him with your crits too if you want. He's easy enough that I've beaten him using only sapha set with pasana card and an unfrozen water armor for the mob-rooms.

Stat wise, you'll need more dex for PVP. 70's usually used, as opposed to the 40-50 for just WoE. Some have 80+. Well, I suppose DEX doesn't really make a huge difference since crits are much more reliable against those who can out-agi your DEX, but it'll let you kill with RC/CI more often. You'll also be able to train solo when the agara mantis/parus TIs roll around, and do hazy forest more easily.

LUK is really up to you. Mandragora howl resistance, curse resistance, various bonuses and critical rate. Well, some multiple of 15 or 30 is usually used. If you have the HBP, you get bonuses with 90 LUK but IMO 90 is hugely excessive for a crit bonus. Crit is the most overrated GX thing ever. While getting the first strike on a squishy/unshielded class in PVP with crits is usually a certain win, skills far outclass critical attacks in WoE and PVM. Crit is good for bosses, but not enough to warrant 90 points. 30-60 LUK is usually enough.

Oh, just one warning. At the time of writing, the GX builds laid out on irowiki are full of bad info, so consider sampling advice from a couple experienced GX friends.

#4 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 3287 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:54 PM

Luk increases hit as well. So there's a balance somewhere where getting luk instead of dex for hit would be cheaper.

SC is amazing in WoE/PvP but terrible for MVPing.
GX is great in PvP, pretty good for MVPing, and alright in WoE imo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users