• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 Sylix

Sylix

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:41 AM

Hello... Welcome to my guide to the Soulmaker Class in RO2.

For a heads up im sure this post might have a lot of spelling/grammar errors and forgive me for that but I saw Tsukasa's Cres guide and I haven't seen any real insightful Soulmaker guides so I decided what the heck... Why not I just make one so here goes! (This guide is based off of my personal build and my personal experiences as a Soulmaker)

2cijko0.png

Table Of Contents

1. Introduction

2. Stats

3. Skill build's(Soulspanker Style)

4. Colosseum

5. Agi VS Int

Introduction

The Soulmaker class is primarily a group advantage class. As far as raiding and DPS goes your not the worst but your not the best! Due to Warpportal's changes to the classes healing capabilities it isn't advised to be a full healer Soulmaker anymore in warpportal's version. That being said you are still one of the most useful things that can be added to a group! Let's get more in depth of the class in the upcoming subjects... Onto Stats!

Stat Builds

Classic Int Build

Int:40 

Agi:40 

Vit:8

or 

Int:38 

Agi:38 

Vit:18

Full Support(Personally I think this build is crap)

Int:40 

Agi:8 

Vit:40

or

Int:41 

Vit:41

Critical Hit Build(Alittle Extensive)

Int:27 

Agi:51 

Vit:3

These are all your classic build's of characters. I choose to go a bit differently.

SoulSpanker's Build

Int:39

Agi:41

Vit:8

I personally believe for Soulmakers my build or the classic int build is the best for Soulmakers. We utilize alot based off of crit due to our Links(I'll get into that more later)

Skill's and Skill Builds

Soul Maker Skills
RO2_SoulExtinction.png

Soul Extinction- Explodes the concentrated magical power of souls to inflict x% of magical attack damage, and inflicts x% of additional DoT for 10 seconds.

Casting Time: 2 second
Cooldown: 5 seconds
Comment: At level 1 this skill inflicts 27% of magical damage and 14% DoT while at max level, the damage increases to 40% and the DoT rises to 20%.

RO2_SoulExtinctionMastery.png

Soul Extinction Mastery- Immobilizes the target for 1 second when Sould Extinction succeeds.

Comment: At max level, the target will be immobilized for 3 seconds.

RO2_MentalBreakdown.png

Mental Breakdown- Inflicts additional damage -x% of magical attack damage - by fragmenting the targets mind. If the target is under Soul Injection, the damage jumps to addtional 5 enemies max. On each jump, the damage is decreased by 10%.

Casting Time: Instant Cast
Cooldown: 1 second
Comment: This skill gives off -20% magical attack damage when it's level 1 while at max level, it gives off 30% magical attack damage.

RO2_SoulExtortion.png

Soul Extortion- Inflicts x% of magical attack damage every 1 second, for 5 seconds, by taking over the target's soul. The movement speed of the target is decreased by x% when casting is in progress. if the target is under Soul Injection, the damage jumps to additional 5 enemies. On each jump, the damage decreased by 10%.

Cooldown: 10 seconds
Comment: Level 1, it will inflict 21% magical damage while at max level, it does 31% of magical attack damage.

RO2_DeathSpell.png

Death Spell- Inflicts x% of magical attack damage on the target and additional hostile targets up to 10 within 5 meters of the target, and adds Soul Injection debuff to all the targets which received the damage.

Casting Time: .5 second
Comment: Inflicts 16% magical damage to the target at level 1 while 22% at max level.

RO2_Sacrifice.png

Sacrifice- Sacrifices 10% of the caster's max HP, to inflict damage on the enemy. The enemy receives x% of magical damage plus the amount of the HP that the caster has sacrificed. The target is knocked down for 3 seconds. The caster could die from using the skill due to the HP required to use Sacrifice.

Cooldown: 30 seconds
Comment: For 10% max HP, you will inflict 78% of damage to the enemy at level 1 while at Max level you will deal 115%.

RO2_AwakeSoulmate.png

Awake: Soulmate- Communicates with Root of Death Worlds to makes its physical manifestation as a soul. Increases damage and movement speed of the caster by x%, and increases acceleration by x%. Recovers all HP of your party and attack squad members within 10 meters of you by x% every time the caster achieves a critical hit.

Casting Time: 1 second
Cooldown: 600 second
Comment: At level 1: the caster will have 10% increase in damage and movement speed, 5% increase in acceleration and 2% HP recovery for the caster and his/her party every time he/she lands a critical hit. While at full level: the caster will have 30% increase in damage and movement speed, 15% increase in acceleration and 6% HP recovery for the caster and his/her party every time he/she lands a critical hit.

RO2_Immunity.png

Immunity- Inflicts x% of magical attack damage by sending Root of Death Worlds that is manifiested as a soul towards the target. When hit, the energy waves of the soul spreads from the target to other enemies within up to 20 meters of the target to inflict 42% of magical attack damage on hostile targets and recover HP of allies.

Casting Time: 2 seconds
Comment: When this skill is level 1, the Root of Death Worlds will inflict 77% of your magical damage to the enemy and the waves that spreads will do 31% of your magical damage to the enemies hit nearby. At max level it does 105% damage to the target and 42% damage to the enemies hit by the waves.

RO2_Exploitation.png

Exploitation- Increases intelligence of the caster for 30 seconds by absorbing the souls of enemies within 5 meters of the caster. The souls of up to 5 hostile targets can be absorbed, each of which increase the casters intelligence by x%.

Cooldown: 180 seconds
Comment: Level 1 will give the caster a 2% increase in Intelligence while 6% at max level.

RO2_ImpositioManus.png

Impositio Manus- Increases physical/magical attack damage of party and attack squad members by x% for 30 minutes.

Comment: Your physical/magical attack damage and as well as your party will increase by 2% at level 1 while 10% at max level.

RO2_Transpersonal.png

Transpersonal- Increases attack hit power of all party and attack squad member by x% for 30 minutes.

Comment: Your critical hit power and as well as your party will increase by 2% at level 1 while 10% at full level.

RO2_SoulLinkConcentration.png

SoulLink: Concentration- Increases acceleration and vitality of the caster and up to 5 allies within a certain range by x% for 5 minutes. While spiritually connected, acceleration and vitality of the ally and the caster is increased by x% every time the caster achieves a critical hit. The acceleration and vitality can be increased up to x%. If no critical hit occurs, the increased level gradually decreases. When the level goes below the minimum value, the buff will be removed.
Cooldown: 3 seconds
Comment: You and your party's acceleration, and vitality will increase by 2% for 5 minutes at level 1 while it will rise to 10% at max level.

RO2_SoulLinkBalance.png

SoulLink: Balance- Makes a spiritual connection with one ally for 5 minutes to increase physical/magical attack damage of the ally and the caster by x%. While spiritually connected, physical/magical damage of the ally and the caster is increased up to x%. If no critical hit occurs, the increase level gradually decreases. When the level goes below the minimum value, the buff will be removed.
Comment: You and one ally's physical/magical attack damage will increase by 2% at level 1 while 10% at max level.

RO2_SoulLinkRevive.png

SoulLink: Revive- Reduces the damage taken by the caster and up to 5 allies within a certain range by x% for 5 minutes and increases healing effect by x% at the same time. While spiritually connected, damage taken by the ally and the caster is decreased by 1% and HP is recovered by x% every time the caster achieves a critical hit. The damage taken can be decreased up to x%. If no critical hit occurs, the increased level gradually decreases. When the level goes below the minimum value, the buff will be removed.
Comment: At level 1: The damage taken by the caster and the ally will be reduce to 2%, the healing effect will be increase by 2% and the HP will recovery will be increased by 1% every time the caster lands a critical strike. While at full level: The damage taken by the caster and the ally will be reduce to 10%, the healing effect will be increase by 10% and the HP will recovery will be increased by 5% every time the caster lands a critical strike.

RO2_SoulLinkDevotion.png

SoulLink: Devotion- Make a spiritual connection with one specified ally for 5 minutes to transfer x% of damage that the ally receives to the caster. The caster and the ally recover HP by 10% of damage taken every time they are hit. When the ally receives damage that would kill him/her, that ally recovers x% of max HP instead of dying, and the buff will be removed.

Comment: When this skill is at level 1, 6% damage will be received by the caster instead of the ally who has this buff on. While it the damage absorption will increase to 30% at full level.

RO2_Restore.png

Restore- Recovers HP of one ally by x% of magical attack damage.

Comment: Recovers 44% of HP at level 1 while 64% at max level.

RO2_Restoration.png

Restoration- Heals one party member by x% of magical attack damage, then jumps to heal all the other members within 10 meters of the specified member. Up to 5 members can be healed, and the healing effect decreases by x% on each jump.

Cooldown: 5 seconds
Comment: Heals 19% at level 1 while 28% at full level.

RO2_Cure.png

Cure- Recovers HP of the target by x% of magical attack damage for every 2 seconds for 30 seconds. Healing is increased by x% every 5 seconds for as long as Cure lasts.

Comment: Recovers HP of the target by 8% at level 1 while 12% at max level.

RO2_Dispel.png

Dispell- Dispells the movement impairing effects (debuff) on the target with x% probability. The caster can use this skill even when he or she cannot control himself or herself.

Comment: It gives you 10% chance to dispel movement impairing effects at level 1, while 30% at full level.

RO2_Detection.png

Detection- Detects any invisible enemies within 10 meters of the caster by focusing his or her mind. Removes the invisibility effect applied to any enemies within the range, and stuns them for 3 seconds with x% probability.

Comment: Gives you 20% chance to stun a target after they become visible at level 1 while 60% chance at full level.

RO2_CurePearl.png

Cure Pearl- Generates 5 healing spheres around the caster. When an ally approaches a sphere, it is absorbed by him or her to recover HP by x% of magical attack damage. The ally who has recovered his or her HP using one of the spheres has to wait for 30 seconds before he or she can absorb another sphere.

Comment: Gives 30% HP recovery at level 1 and 44% at max level.

Now that you have a base understanding of how the classes skills work lets get into the 2 major types of builds I believe to exist in Warpportals RO2!

Skill Builds

Single DPS Support Build

(For me personally I haven't chosen what build i want to go yet but i will most likely go this one)

r7kspk.jpg

(there is 2 points leftover you can place them as you please)

Now lets inspect the build choice I have made and the reasons for it.

This build will allow you to be a main dps. Not the top of the charts but you can generally keep up with most Sorc's once you have become equal geared with them. Your rotation will generally be Soul Extinction, Sacrifice off cooldown, And Spam Mental Breakdown. Ofcoarse if you ever see your party in trouble your not that serious of a dps so stop what your doing and heal your raid up! Spam Restoration off Cooldown cast Restore and put Cures on everyone! Ontop of that you should already be Casting Cure's on tanks at almost all times to help out the healers. This build has 3 major links you need to take advantage of... Soul Link: Balance will increase you and 1 other person's attack power or magic power another 10% ontop of Imposito Manus, Soul Link: Concentration will increase you and your raid's Vitality(Vigor) and Acceleration(Haste) by 10%! Now Even though this is a group wide buff that can be connected to more than 1 person I Generally tend to stick to just my main one person. It is too hard to coordinate everyone to never move out of 15m and personally with the raids in this game you can manage without them. And Lastly Soul Link: Devotion This link is generally for you and your "Partner" To never die(Or a priest). It will share 6% of the damage they take as well as if they were to receive a killing blow it will remove the buff instead of killing the person. In this build I like to main link to a Wizard for the 10% Magic power/Haste benefits them the most out of any class. And use devotion on a Priest.

Onto the next Build

Full Group Support

My personal opinion on this build... Generally speaking again besides in AoD(Abaddon of Despair) and Certain fights in other Raids you cant manage to keep everything up.

s17nmp.jpg

This build is a Full on group support build if you can manage to stay near your party the whole time your duties will be as followed... Keep Soul Link: Revive up on your party the whole time 10% increase healing and 10% less damage is HUGE! (If you are close enough keep Soul Link: Devotion on a tank if not put it onto a healer. And make sure to maintain Soul Link: Concentration on your raid with Soul Link: Revive. If you can manage to do all of this for a whole boss fight you alone will befit your entire raid with 10% attack/Magic Power, 10% Haste and Vigor, 10% Less damage and Increase in Healing as well as protecting the life of someone AND your a healer.

With this build from a DPS standpoint you will just be using mental breakdown constantly on the boss and the second a room wide aoe is going to happen or what not your job is to up everyone to full since your Raid wide and group wide heals are wonderful and your dps in this build will not be substantial or able to keep up with anything you are meant to make sure no one dies and keep your Links up on the raid!

Colosseum

For most people who play this game this is one of the funnest parts of it but can also be the thing that makes you hate this game at most times and I have tended to notice a lot of Soulmakers getting eliminated early on when I'm making it to the last round every time and i have 19 victory medals without ever being boosted by guildmates. So I will just give a little insight to what I tend to do in Colosseum. 

Round 1: This round is generally always the easiest everyone is grouped up in the center and most usually low HP, Cast Death Spell and then spam mental breakdown or I personally use Soul Extortion because the damage is applied faster and I generally get one kill from this. After that one kill you can usually get away with just killing some mobs or manage to snatch another kill with Sacrifice for easier passage to Round 2.

Round 2: The death spell trick isn't going to work this one everyone will start with full HP and we are still in the phase of RO2 where "Oh look a noel everyone kill it its squishy and its new" Is still a thing in Colosseum. Most likely your just going to die early on and then you can proceed to try and get some kills. Just accept defeat for that first death get it over with as soon as possible that's what i do. In this round it is generally easy as well you just need to get a kill or two and kill some mobs.

Round 3: Things start to get a little tricker here because you might be one of two noels inside the Colosseum at the time and become prime target for everyone whenever they see your stubby legs running around. Tab target and look for the person that everyone is focusing on and watch and pay attention to how fast the HP of that person is going down. Depending on the speed pick when to start casting Sacrifice I generally will start casting around 5-6k (Half HP) if more than 1 person is focusing them. and the skill generally goes off around 3-4k HP and its a free kill. Continue to do this / tab target and spam mental breakdown/Soul Extortion and wish for the best.

Round 4: This is your hardest round! Harder than winning in the last round and harder than all 3 before combined. i notice most soulmaker use Awake Soul in this round and if you have to... Do it but if you can save it for the last round it is a insane advantage. In this round you are the major target of EVERYONE at all times. The second you res no matter what everyone is usually on your ass for a easy kill. The major advice i have here is DONT BE SCARED. Turn around stop running Soul Extinction one of them, Sacrifice and Soul Extortion or Mental breakdown. Generally because everyone is targeting you when you solo dps someone down no one is going to steal your kill because they are all trying to kill you. I generally kill someone in the time it takes me to die. Ofcoarse the focusing you wont be at all times so you can sneak a kill or two when your not being focused by a well timed Sacrifice but thats it for Round 4.

Round 5: My favorite round! Do not use Awake soul in the begenning you will just be Public Enemy #1. Run around in circles and get your speed elixers ready( you dont need them they just help). In this round its all about solo dpsing the person who is solo dpsing the main target. When you see 5 people and 4 are targeting say for example a priest. Pick out a ranger in the group on the side and start dpsing him down. By the time they kill the target they are on you can generally kill one of them while the attention is elsewhere. Or if your confident enough for that Sacrifice kill steal then go for it. After you die once or twice pop your awake soul! your so fast and mobile in this form that you can chase people spamming mental breakdown and get some free kills. Once your in 1st or second you need to kill porings. Not only do they effect your rank(Slightly) They prevent the melee's from getting a 200% attack buff which will be the end of you and everyone else in your Colosseum. It is no fun but sometimes when your in first with a couple kills ahead and some porings.. NOT the whole round but for some time hide in a side room because your inevitable death will happen and you want to be as high up on the charts while the others lower themselves some more. You could lose and drop a rank during this time but then you also wont be a main target when you do decide to run back out at about a minute for a final kill to secure your win. 

Agi VS Int

This is all about the Radiant Runes you will be using.  Personally this is a no brainer  As your crit is already generally low from receiving almost no Agi from gear you need it to boost your links more and keep up in dps if you go full dps build(Crit heals are nice too in support mode). Currently in full Colosseum gear and some AoD I have 29.01% crit which isn't bad but that's with all Agi gems and a guitar+afro costume combo for another 2% crit. This is all personal preference as well. If you could care less about buffing your links and if you feel you can dps more with just base hitting an extra 100 dmg on an ability instead of 5-8% more crit chance to do double damage. I havent done the math or anything to figure out which is best yet but so far I am liking and will be staying with the 30% crit rate.

I was going to have a ending of raids and stuff but I think I ended up covering those subjects in the Skill Build section. I hope you guys enjoy and this is at least helpful in some way to you Soulmakers who will read it out there!

If you have any questions further and notice I am on. Toss me a whisper and I can try to help in any way i can :).

From your friendly neighborhood Soulmaker

Soulspanker

105tbis.jpg

Edited by Sylix, 23 September 2013 - 07:03 AM.

#2 KurashiDragon

KurashiDragon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:19 AM

I would actually like to hear people's opinions on Soul Extortion vs. Mental Breakdown. I heard a few opinions about it on the public chat in-game they were mostly negative towards Soul Extortion. I can kinda see the arguments against it but I personally like it. Soul Extortion locks you into place but it reduces the targets speed and hit it almost instantly unlike Mental Breakdown which is rather slow imo.

Edited by KurashiDragon, 23 September 2013 - 11:23 AM.

#3 Sylix

Sylix

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:28 AM

In PVP I use Soul Extortion vs mental breakdown any time I can because the dps is applied much faster than Mental Breakdown spam. Outside of colo for example raiding and stuff i tend to use Mental Breakdown more than Soul Extortion but i use Soul Extortion to give my finger a break every now and then. I think Maxed out Soul Extortion is better dps than mental breakdown but you can just use those points more wisely elsewhere and have almost the same (1% less) with Mental Breakdown. Overall I would just say PVE: Mental Breakdown

PVP: Soul Extortion

#4 ritsukachan

ritsukachan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 359 posts
  • Locationsomewhere in the mist...

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:34 AM

Great guide, nice read.

#5 KurashiDragon

KurashiDragon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:50 AM

In PVP I use Soul Extortion vs mental breakdown any time I can because the dps is applied much faster than Mental Breakdown spam. Outside of colo for example raiding and stuff i tend to use Mental Breakdown more than Soul Extortion but i use Soul Extortion to give my finger a break every now and then. I think Maxed out Soul Extortion is better dps than mental breakdown but you can just use those points more wisely elsewhere and have almost the same (1% less) with Mental Breakdown. Overall I would just say PVE: Mental Breakdown

In PVE I tent to use Soul Extortion because of it's slow effect. With a max level Soul Extinction and SEMastery I can keep my target at by while they get damaged for a ton of damage. In PVP I find it a little more difficult to pull this off. I frequently find people running away from me instead of facing me so I lose track of them. For targets that actually fight me it's still a good combo to use in that it reduces my targets HP well enough. I also tend to Use Mental Breakdown slightly more in Colo to catch people with Low HP. So for me PVE: Soul Extortion

PVP: Soul Extortion With a slightly higher usage of Mental Breakdown.

#6 Melisax3

Melisax3

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 234 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:50 AM

I love sacrifice :c the only one skill that saves me LOL!

Awesome guide, guildie!

:p_laugh:

#7 KurashiDragon

KurashiDragon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:54 AM

I love sacrifice :c the only one skill that saves me LOL!

Awesome guide, guildie!

:p_laugh:

Who doesn't love the "puppy YOU LAZAR!" As I so aptly put it. It's stupidly powerful at the cost of only 10% of your HP which is mitigated to even negated by Cure.

Edited by KurashiDragon, 23 September 2013 - 11:56 AM.

#8 Sylix

Sylix

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:00 PM

Everyone loves the lazer. After all its all we really got XD. Thanks for all the attention on the post guys! i did this early in the morning out of boredom and i thought it was complete crap XD

#9 ArukaX

ArukaX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:09 PM

on my colo experience, in kinda prefer mental breakdown because it allows me to chase people around, and kite melees attacking me (isnt very nice to be rooted in place with a sin/rogue/warr attacking you)

#10 KurashiDragon

KurashiDragon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:56 PM

on my colo experience, in kinda prefer mental breakdown because it allows me to chase people around, and kite melees attacking me (isnt very nice to be rooted in place with a sin/rogue/warr attacking you)

I usually find myself being left alone when using Soul Extortion. Even then, it's not so much that your rooted in place so much as it's, the spell gets canceled when you move so you could proceed to use Mental Breakdown if you needed to.

#11 Hecatombales

Hecatombales

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:39 AM

Hi, awesome guide you got there! It helped me a lot but if you don't bother i would like to do some questions to you since it seems that you've played mroe raids than me as a Soul Maker..

1) The SoulLink: Devotion is not bugged? *Cause on the public chat i heard about this*
2)From the raids i've done so far i found myself attacking more than i should, so i was thinking on maxing Metal Breackdown or Soul Extortion, but i don't know if i should up Soul Extinction too, is it worth it?
3)Can you heal good even with Restoration at 1?

Thanks and sorry for bothering ^^

Edit: Also sorry for my bad english ^^

#12 KurashiDragon

KurashiDragon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:06 AM

Hi, awesome guide you got there! It helped me a lot but if you don't bother i would like to do some questions to you since it seems that you've played mroe raids than me as a Soul Maker..

1) The SoulLink: Devotion is not bugged? *Cause on the public chat i heard about this*
2)From the raids i've done so far i found myself attacking more than i should, so i was thinking on maxing Metal Breackdown or Soul Extortion, but i don't know if i should up Soul Extinction too, is it worth it?

1. Based on what I heard, Devotion is indeed bugged. I'm not sure though

2. Mental Breakdown vs Soul Extortion both have their faults so I don't think really better than the other. However, I usually find myself using Soul Extortion over Mental Breakdown. That's just me though.

3. I have Restoration at 5. It only gives a 9% increase which I personally is enough to justify it being anything more than a 1. Once again, that's just me though.

@Sylix

I noticed that for Restoration, you put x% where it says "and the healing effect decreases by x% on each jump." but it's always 5%

#13 Hecatombales

Hecatombales

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:34 AM

1. Based on what I heard, Devotion is indeed bugged. I'm not sure though

2. Mental Breakdown vs Soul Extortion both have their faults so I don't think really better than the other. However, I usually find myself using Soul Extortion over Mental Breakdown. That's just me though.

3. I have Restoration at 5. It only gives a 9% increase which I personally is enough to justify it being anything more than a 1. Once again, that's just me though.

@Sylix

I noticed that for Restoration, you put x% where it says "and the healing effect decreases by x% on each jump." but it's always 5%

Thanks for answering ^^

Can I ask you what do you think on Soul Exctintion too? If it's worth to max it or not, the damage is really nice at level one but at level five it does 40% damage and it is a massive damage increase i think, so i need to decide if is better SE or restoration

#14 KurashiDragon

KurashiDragon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:51 AM

Thanks for answering ^^

Can I ask you what do you think on Soul Exctintion too? If it's worth to max it or not, the damage is really nice at level one but at level five it does 40% damage and it is a massive damage increase i think, so i need to decide if is better SE or restoration

Actually at level 5 it's at 31% damage. An 11% difference from level 1. I'm not Sure if it's worth maxing or not. I personally have this skill at 3 but that's only because I use a lot of skills and simply don't have the points for it. at level 3 it's at 26% damage. A simple 5% difference. It might be worth it to max it out but I'm just not sure.

#15 Hecatombales

Hecatombales

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:59 AM

Actually at level 5 it's at 31% damage. An 11% difference from level 1. I'm not Sure if it's worth maxing or not. I personally have this skill at 3 but that's only because I use a lot of skills and simply don't have the points for it. at level 3 it's at 26% damage. A simple 5% difference. It might be worth it to max it out but I'm just not sure.

Uhm, i asked for Soul EXTINTION not Extortion XD (The DoT one)

#16 KurashiDragon

KurashiDragon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:20 AM

Uhm, i asked for Soul EXTINTION not Extortion XD (The DoT one)

They look to similar for their own good. Sry.

Anyway, Soul Extinction is a skill I personally max. The DOT is good enough with mastery, not being able to move for 3 seconds is really helpful in and out of colo. I seriously hate the 2 second cast time though. It's extremely detrimental to my DPS. In RHDs when I'm casting this skill, I usually find that after I had cast this skill the targets health is already down half way or worse, it's already dead. I usually focus on something that nobody else is attacking. This applies to colo too. The Casting time is to high so I either have to find a target that's not getting attacked or hope to god that nobody else is attacking my target. Even then that cast time could get me killed because if my target starts attacking me while I'm casting, I'm left vunerable. I REALLY HATE THIS SKILLS CASTING TIME! Reduce it to one second..... along with Restore's casting time too cause I'm so sick of that slow heal skill.

Sorry for the rant..... in any case, I do like the skill. The damage is fair if not a little low, the DOT is nice in that I can chain Soul Extortion with it to get some good damage in, and with mastery the target cant move for 3 seconds with makes them nice and vunerable for a puppy U LAZAR to the face. The stupid cast time is stupid but even still, I max this skill because of how useful it can be when you get it off.

Edit: Here's my build. It's focused around support healing. http://ro2base.com/b...1.1.1/0.0.0.0.0

Edited by KurashiDragon, 26 September 2013 - 10:20 AM.

#17 Hecatombales

Hecatombales

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:41 AM

They look to similar for their own good. Sry.

Anyway, Soul Extinction is a skill I personally max. The DOT is good enough with mastery, not being able to move for 3 seconds is really helpful in and out of colo. I seriously hate the 2 second cast time though. It's extremely detrimental to my DPS. In RHDs when I'm casting this skill, I usually find that after I had cast this skill the targets health is already down half way or worse, it's already dead. I usually focus on something that nobody else is attacking. This applies to colo too. The Casting time is to high so I either have to find a target that's not getting attacked or hope to god that nobody else is attacking my target. Even then that cast time could get me killed because if my target starts attacking me while I'm casting, I'm left vunerable. I REALLY HATE THIS SKILLS CASTING TIME! Reduce it to one second..... along with Restore's casting time too cause I'm so sick of that slow heal skill.

Sorry for the rant..... in any case, I do like the skill. The damage is fair if not a little low, the DOT is nice in that I can chain Soul Extortion with it to get some good damage in, and with mastery the target cant move for 3 seconds with makes them nice and vunerable for a puppy U LAZAR to the face. The stupid cast time is stupid but even still, I max this skill because of how useful it can be when you get it off.

Edit: Here's my build. It's focused around support healing. http://ro2base.com/b...1.1.1/0.0.0.0.0

Yeah that casting time is pretty boring, same for Sacrifice..
Anyway i have doubts on SL: Revive too, cause 10% damage reduction is not that huge damage, on 1k damage only 100 damages are saved, i don't think is that useful ò_ò So i think boosting your raid's dps haste is better.. I don't know if i should drop Immunity to get some more points, in raid is useless and it has a lot of cast to use it in colo so i woulnd't mind dropping it.
Also if SL Devotion is bugged i don't see the purpose of putting there any points...

http://ro2base.com/b...1.1.1/0.0.0.0.0

I though that something like this should do since i don't like the support branch down there

#18 Sylix

Sylix

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:15 AM

Ooooo Some posts to answer!

Well i just got home looks like i have some stuff to review. Now before i answer i just want to clarify that in the guide i state i use Soul Extortion more than mental breakdown. That does not mean that i never use it! I do use it... I use it alot I just will use Soul Extortion First!

I know Kurashi has been answering and hes added some great information but im just giving my opinion/help here ontop of his as well.

Now... 1) I believe devotion is bugged. I do not have it currently so I dont know but im sure if it was working my guild would of made me respec ASAP.

2) I have soul Extinction max 5/5 and 5/5 Mental breakdown. In my raids recently now that i am almost full geared i tend to keep up with the other dps fairly well. I did a PUG(Pick up Group) AoD last night where i was 3rd dps ( Behind a sorc and a ranger) but i was out dpsing the 2 other rangers and sin for most fights when i put my all into it. I only offheal when necessary in a raid i am considered a DPS( Maybe thats just me though).

3)Because Warpportal nerfed the heal to 2 seconds you arent really a viable healer PERIOD. You can rock RHD's and stuff because they are a joke but you will find urself falling behind in raids.

@Sylix

I Actually copied and pasted those skills from a website and most of them were different/incorrect for the Warpportal version i guess i missed that one. xD!

Yeah that casting time is pretty boring, same for Sacrifice..
Anyway i have doubts on SL: Revive too, cause 10% damage reduction is not that huge damage, on 1k damage only 100 damages are saved, i don't think is that useful ò_ò So i think boosting your raid's dps haste is better.. I don't know if i should drop Immunity to get some more points, in raid is useless and it has a lot of cast to use it in colo so i woulnd't mind dropping it.
Also if SL Devotion is bugged i don't see the purpose of putting there any points...

http://ro2base.com/b...1.1.1/0.0.0.0.0

I though that something like this should do since i don't like the support branch down there

On behalf of SL:Revive 10% may not seem big to you now because your only getting hit for 1k. But when your taking a 10k raid wide hit from Maya in AoD or even higher 10% of that is INSANELY HUGE. Its possibly the only thing that might make it possible for you. You have to have the raid coordination to allow you to keep ur links on everyone or enough time to re cast before the AoE but the 10% from revive is actually very helpful if you are raiding and fighting the bosses with all mechanics working correctly.

I have noticed Kurashi alot of your responses have been based off of mobs and killing them before they hit you and the 3 second root and using Soul Extortion for the slow and ETC. Currently i can kill a mob without the 3 second root before it even gets to me. My mental breakdowns are hitting for 800-1k each and level 50 mobs have around 3-4k HP. PVE solo( mobs and farming) should not even be considered in a major build because you dont have to worry much about it once you get some gear which in RO2 Gear is fairly easy to obtain. I notice myself pulling 5-11 mobs and Death Spell/ Mental breakdown spamming until they are all dead with a Cure HoT(Heal over time) on myself. Or if im not pulling multiple i can spam Mental Breakdown from max range and kill it right as it comes to my feet.

#19 KurashiDragon

KurashiDragon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:11 PM

Currently, I've only just gotten some RHD armor and haven't participated in any raids so my damage is still weak. That's why I rely on slowing things down to kill them. My Soul Extortion at 3/5 is currently doing about 200 - 300 damage. This was also my main strategy against things while leveling up in the first place and it's my main strategy in colo combined with Sacrifice when my target is weak.

@Hecatombales

I can forgive Sacrifice for having a long cast time simply because of how stupidly powerful it is. You just have to be smart with when you use it is all. As for Immunity, I'm mainly a support healer (cause with my weak gear there's no way I can keep main healing. I've tried it and it just doesn't work for RHD.) so I find immunity to be a great way to support the healer during the bigger bosses. It also works well in colo because it, along with Sacrifice are both stupidly powerful and good for racking up kills when you really need them. I'm not sure how it works in raids but I suspect it'll probably be good for keeping the tank healed against the bosses. If nothing else, it's at least worth a look. You probably wont find many opportunities to use it but when you do, it'll probably help in some fashion or another.

As for revive, there have been plenty of instances where your team has taken far more than 1k damage 3-5k in RHDs and 5-10k in Raids. that 10% could be a real god send depending on the circumstances.

#20 Hecatombales

Hecatombales

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:48 AM

Ooooo Some posts to answer!

Well i just got home looks like i have some stuff to review. Now before i answer i just want to clarify that in the guide i state i use Soul Extortion more than mental breakdown. That does not mean that i never use it! I do use it... I use it alot I just will use Soul Extortion First!

I know Kurashi has been answering and hes added some great information but im just giving my opinion/help here ontop of his as well.

Now... 1) I believe devotion is bugged. I do not have it currently so I dont know but im sure if it was working my guild would of made me respec ASAP.

2) I have soul Extinction max 5/5 and 5/5 Mental breakdown. In my raids recently now that i am almost full geared i tend to keep up with the other dps fairly well. I did a PUG(Pick up Group) AoD last night where i was 3rd dps ( Behind a sorc and a ranger) but i was out dpsing the 2 other rangers and sin for most fights when i put my all into it. I only offheal when necessary in a raid i am considered a DPS( Maybe thats just me though).

3)Because Warpportal nerfed the heal to 2 seconds you arent really a viable healer PERIOD. You can rock RHD's and stuff because they are a joke but you will find urself falling behind in raids.

I Actually copied and pasted those skills from a website and most of them were different/incorrect for the Warpportal version i guess i missed that one. xD!

On behalf of SL:Revive 10% may not seem big to you now because your only getting hit for 1k. But when your taking a 10k raid wide hit from Maya in AoD or even higher 10% of that is INSANELY HUGE. Its possibly the only thing that might make it possible for you. You have to have the raid coordination to allow you to keep ur links on everyone or enough time to re cast before the AoE but the 10% from revive is actually very helpful if you are raiding and fighting the bosses with all mechanics working correctly.

I have noticed Kurashi alot of your responses have been based off of mobs and killing them before they hit you and the 3 second root and using Soul Extortion for the slow and ETC. Currently i can kill a mob without the 3 second root before it even gets to me. My mental breakdowns are hitting for 800-1k each and level 50 mobs have around 3-4k HP. PVE solo( mobs and farming) should not even be considered in a major build because you dont have to worry much about it once you get some gear which in RO2 Gear is fairly easy to obtain. I notice myself pulling 5-11 mobs and Death Spell/ Mental breakdown spamming until they are all dead with a Cure HoT(Heal over time) on myself. Or if im not pulling multiple i can spam Mental Breakdown from max range and kill it right as it comes to my feet.

Thank for you answering, I always choose class with difficult build v_v I hate myself very much (?)
Anyway you're right, Soul Maker will never take the place of a priest or a sorc so helping with the dps is a "must". Now i only have to think about which SL is better have: The Balance one or the revive one but i think it's only a matter of play-style so i'll try both and i'll see which one suits me :) Can i ask you what do you think about those two in your personal thoughts? *Sorry for asking this much but you guys are more skilled than me XD*

#21 KurashiDragon

KurashiDragon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:18 AM

Thank for you answering, I always choose class with difficult build v_v I hate myself very much (?)
Anyway you're right, Soul Maker will never take the place of a priest or a sorc so helping with the dps is a "must". Now i only have to think about which SL is better have: The Balance one or the revive one but i think it's only a matter of play-style so i'll try both and i'll see which one suits me :) Can i ask you what do you think about those two in your personal thoughts? *Sorry for asking this much but you guys are more skilled than me XD*

I personally like Balance the most sense it's the only link that's single target focused so I can keep better track of it. I feel revive is slightly more useful than Balance becuase we already have a buff for increasing Phy/Magic. Attack and our healz suck so any and all we can do for it is fine in my book. I'm still not sure what to make of concentration. If they ever fix devotion, I might think about using that.

#22 Hecatombales

Hecatombales

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:20 AM

I though that maybe i could share my personal experience with someone else :)
Now i arrived at 6.9k hp buffed now i'm trying to get all the brygan ores in order to enter in CoA N and i find myself pretty well with this build

http://www.ro2base.c...7.1.3/0.0.0.0.0

In the end i didn't drop Immunity because even if it's an occasional skill, sometimes really helped me out (And I didn't know how to spend my last three points XD)
Cure is one of the best support skill and i prefer keeping it at 5, more hp recovered less job for priest in my opinion.
And i prefered Soul Extortion to Mental Breakdown too, even in PvE i find my self well with this chain: Soul Exctintion-->SoulExtortion-->Soul Exctintion-->Sacrifice(When not in CD); And every while i do Restoration for keeping my links up
And i think that's all :D I'll wait until SL: Devotion will be sbugged =P
Feel free to give your opinion if you want :)

#23 1214681284

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 240 posts
  • Locationcanada
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:odin

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:18 PM

Im reading all of this! i have an alter currently but sitll low level.

#24 Woilyn

Woilyn

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:37 AM

Hello!

This is a really good guide! Thanks for all the tips!

I wanted to try out a Soulmaker a while ago. When I hit 25 i wanted to go hybrid, so I looked around for a decent build. I found one and I thought: "Wow! This build is really bad!" I barely did any damage and my healing spells weren't maxed since I needed the dps. So I asked in public chat cause I couldn't get Immunity to work, When I got a speed course in that, I got an idea. Seeing as I maxed both Mental Breakdown and Deathspell. I lvled SO fast with this tactic! You gather around mobs (usually 4-6) make sure they all get the debuff from Deathspell, kite them in a circle, just make sure it's not too big, and spam Mental Breakdown. 

I admit I have died alot from this but once you get the hang of it you kill 4-5 mobs almost as fast as a 1v1 kills that one mob. Luckily, by coincidence I have alchemy so I make potions, cause you use alot of those while kiting. But my god it goes fast!

the build I am currently going for is this

http://www.ro2base.c...7.1.3/0.0.0.0.0

But I don't know if im gonna re-skill at 50, since I'm not 50 yet. But it is working alot better then I expected.

Just remember to put Cure on yourself if you are going to try this tactic out. And always have red potions easily available.

I am not sure how this build works at lvl 50, hence the re-skill question. But it is the absolute best way I have lvled in this game.

Again, really good guide! Thank you!

#25 Sylix

Sylix

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:09 PM

Thinking about adding a leveling guide to this sometime this week. And thanks Woilyn :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users