New to iRO, Rogue levelling question - Thief Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

New to iRO, Rogue levelling question

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Jarekulu

Jarekulu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:10 PM

Alright, this is my first time playing renewal, I stopped playing pre-renewal and I decided about two weeks ago to start playing on iRO again. I picked up a rogue, because it's always been my favorite class, and my Rogue was my favorite char to RP.

However, I find myself a bit stuck. I am level 96 now, grinding my way to 99, and I have been looking up guides and most guides say do magmarings 95-99, however, I am having a bit of trouble with them. I can 95% flee them, 100% hit them (348 +1 flee, 382 Hit 92+8 agi 96+14 Dex and 23+7 vit atm), but it takes 30-50 crystal arrows per magmaring, depending how much sidewinder procs. I only have Eden gear, and a +5 Gakkung with a sidewinder card in it. 

Is there another place i'd be able to level efficiently? I figure my low damage (350 per arrow, 700 when double goes off) is due to them having 150 defense. 

Or do I have to go farm 500 or so gills, then find a hunter to arrow craft me and just, stick to magmarings til 99? I'm also non-vip and I do not have access to a personal priest, nor do i have much zenny to buy better gear right now. (i only have about 500k) for what that is worth.

Thank you for reading this and thank you for any advice.

Edited by Jarekulu, 24 September 2013 - 07:11 PM.

#2 YangeWenli

YangeWenli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2404 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:38 PM

Go to gramps at the front desk of eden and accept his rquest for help. You would get more exp there than solo grinding imo

#3 Jarekulu

Jarekulu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:46 PM

That...doesnt work i was looking for a party for almsot an hour, but the fact that the only reason ever to bring a rogue into there (sightless mind), I do not have. So im kind of stuck soloing :(

#4 IlliterateGaming

IlliterateGaming

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 680 posts
  • LocationYouTube & Twitch.tv
  • Server:Chaos & Loki

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:04 PM

I'd suggest forming the party yourself. People tend to ask less questions when they are invited. Also if you want to improve your usefulness, a ~4mil investment in 2 yoyo-carded accessories and a fortune sword can improve your marketability as a tank.

#5 Jarekulu

Jarekulu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:58 PM

thank you for the advice, both of you

#6 Gynophobia

Gynophobia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:33 PM

What's your in game name? I can help you with some better gears ^^
Ill probably be on Zemmiphobia, Psychophobia or Genophobia a 1-2 hours before mainly and then afterwards for another 1-2 hours ^^

Edited by Gynophobia, 24 September 2013 - 11:34 PM.

#7 Jarekulu

Jarekulu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:33 AM

my chars are in my signature (95% of the time im on Mishaela Alesh because im determined to trans her), Ill keep my eyes peeled after maitenence for you

Though, like I said, I don't really have much zenny so i'm not sure I can afford your help xD 

#8 Gynophobia

Gynophobia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:39 PM

Well zeny is no problem. I got enough to go around, ill help you get gearad for free ^^

Edited by Gynophobia, 25 September 2013 - 07:39 PM.

#9 YangeWenli

YangeWenli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2404 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:38 PM

oh yea also to increase usefulness get Lvl 1 sg if you dont wanna pull.

Edited by YangeWenli, 25 September 2013 - 09:38 PM.

#10 Zoltor

Zoltor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1345 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:15 PM

I leveled to 99 on the High Orc Field map with my dagger Rogue. Seeing how you have enough flee, I doubt being a bow Rogue would be a problem.

Edited by Zoltor, 26 September 2013 - 09:47 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users