A Letter to the Developers - Feedback & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

A Letter to the Developers

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
176 replies to this topic

#1 LeighMustang

LeighMustang

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:15 PM

POPULAR

Dear Development Team,

This post will probably hold no significance whatsoever to you but I have created it anyway. I hope that a GM will see this and forward it on to you. I hope others will also voice what the majority collective has been thinking. 

I understand that you have chosen to make this a Free-To-Play game rather than using a Subscription-Based Model. I understand that in order to stay afloat you must provide items in your shops that appeal to the players enough to spend money for continued work on this game as well as providing for your salary. I have been conscious of this, and even though it hasn't been very much, I bought your cash shop items to show support for your game. I only ever purchased cosmetic items or items I considered not to break the game (Ex: mounts) because it did not hurt the players who chose to play the game for free. It has now been about two months since I've shown any support for you.

Though I understand that you need to make a specified amount of revenue, I cannot support you any longer. The fact of the matter is you show very little concern for your player base, and more of an interest in your wallet. I cannot say I blame you though. A business is only as successful as its profits. That being said, though I am only a miniscule dent in your revenue, I refuse to support you until you provide evidence of concern for the people who support your work. I also hope that others will join me in a collective stance to boycott and voice our opinions. The only way you will take us seriously, is when you begin to lose revenue. I hope all others who read this will realize this too and not show any further support until you listen to our concerns. Our collective concerns about this game are as follows:

• The usage of pets in PvP Environments such as Colosseum and War of Emperium, has created balancing issues as well as stability issues to the game.
  • Effects such as Stun, Frozen, and Knockdown provided by pets on in game bosses that creates an imbalance to the game. Balance issues concerning pets may be located here, as authored by the player, Mysticalre.
  • The systematic balancing of various Combat Professions in the game for the purpose of providing a fair competitive spirit to the game with Monks and Beastmasters holding the priority. A generally agreed upon listing of Monk improvements may be located here authored by the player, Meconopsis.
  • Correcting the functions of various skills on the Combat Profession, Soul Maker.
  • Modifying the equipment of the Combat Profession Crecentia, which does not provide bonus effects as well as the low Magic Attack given to this Combat Profession in the event Colosseum.
  • The sale of the Kafra Cash Shop items such as the "Monster DNA Random Box" that creates both a balancing issue and economic issue within the game.
  • Either an immediate resolution or response to the 100 Strong Cape Event.
  • The uneven distribution of the item "Large Bag" which is now provided for free twice to newly created characters but not to pre-existing characters.
  • An error in the game which causes the Party/Raid icons to disappear from view randomly while entering a new map.
  • Right now, players sliding down steep slopes retain their Vertical Position, giving the illusion of a player "Floating" in the air, while in their own client, they are at the right ground level.
  • Error in which the game allows for actions such as the ability to attack another player in the PvP Colosseum while being graphically "dead".

These concerns are not all biased and if you would take the time to read through some of the logical arguments posted by your player base you would be in the position to create a far superior game. It would also serve to revitalize the faith in the community that we are truly being heard and considered when you plan any future patches or expansions to this game. The purpose of this is not to attack you, but for you to understand that any developer who chooses to ignore the player base who supports them will eventually suffer heavy losses in the long run. I implore you to please listen to our concerns before you run this series I (and I'm sure many others) have been a fan of for some time any further into the ground. 

If you have taken the time to read this and truly consider it, then I Thank You.

Sincerely,

A player who has chosen to voice the concerns of the community.

Revised as of 08:45 P.M. UTC -05:00 Eastern Time on October 06, 2013
List of grievances updated to include suggested issue with the Combat Profession, Crecentia.

Revised as of 01:40 P.M. UTC -05:00 Eastern Time on October 06, 2013
Provided a link to a thread authored by Mysticalre on the topic of pet imbalance in Raids, etc.

Revised as of 11:06 P.M. UTC -05:00 Eastern Time on September 30, 2013
Provided a link to a thread authored by Meconopsis on the topic of Monk Balance.

Revised as of 09:00 P.M. UTC -05:00 Eastern Time on September 27, 2013
Restructured some of the arguments provided by GeneralTK using suggestions provided by Audn.

Revised as of 10:55 P.M. UTC -05:00 Eastern Time on September 26, 2013
Corrected information on Large Bags. Thank You, GuardianTK.

Revised as of 10:25 P.M. UTC -05:00 Eastern Time on September 26, 2013
The inclusion of a list of most common grievances shared by the community as provided by GuardianTK.

Edited by LeighMustang, 06 October 2013 - 03:43 PM.

#2 MallardPrimus

MallardPrimus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 242 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:14 PM

Wisdom.

(I up-voted)

Edited by MallardPrimus, 25 September 2013 - 08:15 PM.

#3 RORose

RORose

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:47 PM

Welcome to the club

#4 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:25 PM

Now someone translate it to Korean.

Edited by ZeroTigress, 25 September 2013 - 09:25 PM.

#5 9632130515120055620

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:07 PM

Believe it or not Gravity, it's possible to make a F2P model where people still pay for benefits yet don't completely dominate F2P players. Take care of your consumers and they might give you some money, rather than "GIVE US MONEY TO WIN NOW".

#6 Erodoeth

Erodoeth

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:44 PM

I was planning on spending some $$ when the RO1 Crusader style come out. Not doing it anymore.

#7 ESeion

ESeion

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 74 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:40 AM

Too bad they'll forget this the next time they see a music video of PSY.

#8 LordNeito

LordNeito

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:51 AM

If they would just care more about bug fixing than $ they would get a game working in the long run, with time to get more $

#9 Gerrr

Gerrr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:11 AM

Rather than trying to improve the game they're just churning out more p2w cash shop items to milk as much money as possible from the remaining playerbase. "Boycotting" the kafra shop becomes more and more infeasible every patch to the point where you have to either give in and pay to keep up with everyone or settle for being far behind the kafra shop users. That, or stumble on to thousands of zeny by luck somehow, because money making becomes harder every day since the only zeny injections to the economy come from new players (1.8k~ zeny from finishing all quests from level 1-50) or piddly amounts of 2z~ from selling 99 stacks of trash loots or daily quests if anybody even does those apart from WoE ones.

I know people that proclaimed "boycott the cash shop!" when the cape event fiasco came then ended up caving in for the plumberge title later on for obvious reasons. I also know people who got fed up with it and then quit.

Gravity knows the game is going to die, so they're dishing out the p2w to squeeze every last penny before the game goes under.

#10 Mentalist23

Mentalist23

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:11 AM

Join the cause 

Fight the system :)

#11 Mentalist23

Mentalist23

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:44 AM

Boycott? 

just one day of people not buying kp will make a huge difference in the stock

not to mention in a week they would just crash in a month or 2 if the boycott happens

Rather than trying to improve the game they're just churning out more p2w cash shop items to milk as much money as possible from the remaining playerbase. "Boycotting" the kafra shop becomes more and more infeasible every patch to the point where you have to either give in and pay to keep up with everyone or settle for being far behind the kafra shop users. That, or stumble on to thousands of zeny by luck somehow, because money making becomes harder every day since the only zeny injections to the economy come from new players (1.8k~ zeny from finishing all quests from level 1-50) or piddly amounts of 2z~ from selling 99 stacks of trash loots or daily quests if anybody even does those apart from WoE ones.

I know people that proclaimed "boycott the cash shop!" when the cape event fiasco came then ended up caving in for the plumberge title later on for obvious reasons. I also know people who got fed up with it and then quit.

Gravity knows the game is going to die, so they're dishing out the p2w to squeeze every last penny before the game goes under.

ohh yeah ill give this game a month or 2 

#12 NuwaChan

NuwaChan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 439 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:59 AM

The OP does not list examples of things that have upset him and why, For the GM's and Devs we

need to list specific examples in this topic of what is wrong and what should be done to fix it.

One thing I have been wondering, would you undo or cancel a large Patch, if certain objects on

the map were made invisable by it(like the divided plains bridges)?

Edited by NuwaChan, 26 September 2013 - 10:01 AM.

#13 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:17 AM

1) Pets in Colosseum. *Do not want in the game*

2) Monster DNA Random Box *Do not want in the game*

3) Pet Crowd Control abilities like Stun, Frozen, and Knockdown affecting Boss-class monsters. *They should not be affecting Boss-class monsters.*

4) Class Balancing Issues *Primarily Beastmasters and Monks. Especially Monks. They are the least played class for reasons the community has been complaining about for the longest time.*

5) 100 Strong Cape Event

6) Large Bags *Currently unavailable to the community through normal means outside of events or making new characters*

I'd include T2 Equipment, but that's not a major issue with the community compared to the above top concerns. The above top concerns need to be addressed properly.

There's also the glaringly obvious bugs that are bad for advertisement. Warp Portal goes and partners with Gaia Online and Aeria Games to advertise iRO2 during a period of time when majorly demoralizing game bugs are present. How is this good for advertisement and potentially new players? You are losing revenue because you, the Developers, are not dealing with these concerns in a timely manner.

1) Disappearance of certain textures, tents, rocks, bridges, etc was one of those bugs (Fixed as of 9/25's maintenance.).

2) Errors in character placement bug where players appear to fly into the air or sink into the ground to other players. This is fatal when it comes to parties and raids in any part of the game.

3) In addition to this, the party pane does not load pretty often when changing maps. This forces the player to either change maps again to refresh the party pane or relog to refresh the party pane.

4) Dead players attacking others in Colosseum.

5) Certain Soul Maker skills not working properly from the moment they are introduced. Cure Pearl healing non-party members, including monsters, when they shouldn't be. Soul Link: Devotion is also not working properly in that it is cancelled out due to conflicting Heals and Buffs from other sources.

Edited by GuardianTK, 26 September 2013 - 10:42 AM.

#14 RORose

RORose

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:36 AM

^ these, and you will save your game. People will be more happy if those are the only things your working on with Gravity then anything else.

#15 Audn

Audn

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts
  • LocationNew Bark Town

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:44 AM

Yaay, upvote # 30

Now someone translate it to Korean.

개발팀 사랑 ,

이 게시물 아마도 당신에게 어떠한 의미를 보유 하지 않습니다 하지만 난 어쨌든 만들었습니다. 나는GM 이 를 보고 당신에게 에 전달 되기를 바랍니다 . 나는 다른 사람들 도 다수 집단 생각 된 내용을 음성 바랍니다.

난 당신이 할 선택했는지 이해무료 - 투 - 플레이 가 아니라구독 기반 모델 을 사용하는 것보다 게임. 나는 해상 유지 하기 위해 당신이 당신의 가게 에서 항목을 제공해야하는 이해 당신의 급여 에 대해 제공 뿐만 아니라 이 게임 에 대한 지속적인 작업을 위해 돈을 지출 하기에 충분한선수 매력 . 에게 나는이 의식 하고 있고, 몹시 되지 않은 경우에도 , 당신의 게임 에 대한 지원을 표시하는 현금 상점 항목을 샀다. 그것은 무료로 게임을 선택한 플레이어 를 다치게 하지 않았기 때문에 : 나는 오직 내가 ( 마운트 예)게임을 중단 하지 않는 것으로 간주 화장품 항목이나 항목 을 구입했습니다. 당신을 위해 모든 지원을 보여준 이후 지금 약 2 개월 되었습니다 .

난 당신이 수익의 지정된 금액을 확인해야 이해 하지만, 난 더 이상 당신 을 지원할 수 없습니다. 문제의 사실 은 당신의 플레이어 기반 에 대한 약간의 우려를 표시하고, 당신의 지갑 에있는그 이상입니다. 난 당신 을 생각 비난 말할 수 없습니다. 기업은 수익 으로 만 성공합니다. 당신의 수익 만조금만 덴트 오전 하지만 , 그 말했다하고 , 나는 당신이 당신의 작업을 지원하는 사람들 에 대한 관심 의 증거를 제공 할 때까지 당신을 지원 하기 위해 거부합니다. 나는 또한 다른 사람들이 우리의 의견을 보이콧 하고 음성집단 자세 나와 함께 할 수 있기를 바랍니다. 당신이 심각하게 우리를 데려 갈 수있는 유일한 방법은 당신이 수익을 잃고 시작하는 때이다. 나는 이것을 읽을 모든 사람 도 아닌 당신이 우리의 문제 를 듣고 때까지 추가 지원 을 보여 이 실현 되기를 바랍니다.

이러한 문제 들은 모든 편향 되지 않으며 당신은 당신이훨씬 뛰어난 게임을 만들 수있는 위치에있을 것 플레이어 자료 를 게시논리적 인수 중 일부를 읽을 시간이 소요될 것입니다 . 그것은 또한 우리 가 진정으로 듣고 당신이이 게임에 향후 패치 나 확장 을 계획 할 때 고려 되는 것이사회에믿음을 활성화 하는 역할을 한다. 이것의목적은 당신을 공격 하지 않는 것입니다 ,하지만 당신은 그들을 지원하는 플레이어 기본 을 무시 하도록 선택 하는 개발자 는 결국 장기적으로 큰 손실 을 입을 것이라는 점을 이해 하는 . 나는 땅에 더 많은 시간 동안 의 팬이 되었습니다 당신이 이 시리즈 I (그리고 나는 확실히 많은 사람들 해요 ) 실행하기 전에 우리의 우려 들어요 간청 .

당신이 이것을 읽고 진정으로 그것을 고려 하는 시간을 촬영 한 경우 에, 나는 당신을 감사합니다 .

Okay, I didn't I used google translate :c

Edited by Audn, 26 September 2013 - 11:45 AM.

#16 Audn

Audn

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts
  • LocationNew Bark Town

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:57 AM

Boycott? 

just one day of people not buying kp will make a huge difference in the stock

not to mention in a week they would just crash in a month or 2 if the boycott happens

ohh yeah ill give this game a month or 2 

Gravity does still have other titles to support itself. Cutting revenue from only one of them will only make them shed it off their money-thirsty company.

#17 KIyde

KIyde

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 477 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:RO II - Odin

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:59 AM

Very well said OP, nicely written and spoken like a true pro.

However the harsh truth is it seems to be that the developers simply do not care for this game. Ragnarok Online 2 Legend of the Second is the result of a game that was developed in a rush because of the failure of Gate of World, its an MMO developed with almost no budget, seeing as most of it was spent on its predecessor. In conclusion, the game abuses Cash Shop items to get some of the money they lost during the development of GotW. At least, that's what it seems. You can tell the game was sloppily put together from the start, and you can see this in some graphical glitches early on in the game, even the smallest ones that requires minor fixing go ignored. A good example is in Maple Forest, where there's a broken Cart near the entrance to Divided Plains. There are objects there, floating. Now, it's not game breaking, but honestly it shows how lazily some of these things are developed and/or designed. Sograt Desert is a map full of recycled models from other mobs from previous maps. Road of Bless being a copy of Sograt, just more desert just shows they were running out of time.

Now, two things can happen in the future. 1) Gravity gets their money back and decide to actually give a damn about the game and start balancing out and paying attention to what their players want. Or 2) They'll squeeze the players' wallets with unfair cash shop items until their entire population leaves them, causing RO2 to fail and so, closing it. (inb4 Ragnarok Online II: The Third Try)

As many others here, many of us (specially those that have been on iRO2 since May) are just staying because of our guilds and our friends. Many of us have left, I made Collision on May 1st which is when the game launched, and none of the original 20 members remain, not because the game isn't fun, but mostly frustration from unanswered pleads and requests (to make the game for the better.)

The game still has potential to become great, but it's like watching a flower wither, since its owners refuse to water it.

#18 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:20 PM

Unfortunately, I don't believe Gravity has the resources to start another project. They need to make this game succeed or improve on their currently existing games (Not an option for most of them.). There was a long discussion once in regards to the values of their stock and the condition their company is in. No, I'm not talking about Warp Portal. Talking about Gravity as a whole. They need to remind themselves about the importance behind the longevity for all of their current titles.

#19 Erodoeth

Erodoeth

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:03 PM

I would say, WP acquire all the right from Gravity and save this game by your own.

#20 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:22 PM

I would say, WP acquire all the right from Gravity and save this game by your own.

They'll have to fight Gung Ho first since they own the most Gravity shares.

#21 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:32 PM

@LeighMustang

Gotta admit I like the fact of seeing a Simon pic in the avatar of someone posting a boycott

Do the impossible, see the invisible.

RAW RAW FIGHT THE POWER!!

#22 TatsuyaKeith

TatsuyaKeith

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:34 PM

Tengen Toppa Guren BOYCOTT!

#23 Audn

Audn

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts
  • LocationNew Bark Town

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:55 PM

Let's put a link of this topic in our signatures to show our support.

#24 Jagato

Jagato

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts
  • LocationInmy chair
  • Server:RO 2 Odin

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:02 PM

up voted

#25 SoraOfKHK

SoraOfKHK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1319 posts
  • Server:Odin, Channels 1-5

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:31 PM

2) Errors in character placement bug where players appear to fly into the air or sink into the ground to other players. This is fatal when it comes to parties and raids in any part of the game.

3) In addition to this, the party pane does not load pretty often when changing maps. This forces the player to either change maps again to refresh the party pane or relog to refresh the party pane.

4) Dead players attacking others in Colosseum.

I actually believe these could be fixed with the addition of the command @refresh to Ragnarok Online 2. While it was a GM-only command in RO1 (as far as I know, excluding some Private Servers), it was beneficial in that game when things went a bit awry.

In RO1, ertain things like the Champion Body Relocation positioning bug (rubber-band Asuras, anyone?) that every Champ (including myself) abused, could be bypassed if your opponent had @refresh. Same goes for monster positioning, and player positioning.

It would also allow refreshing of things in RO2 when you have no other options, such as:

1.) Not being able to log out or change character when in the Stuck Infinitely In Combat bug.

2.) Not being able to log out or change character when in dungeons to fix party menu bugs, or positioning bugs.

3.) Et cetera.

Players SHOULD NOT be forced to open Task Manager and go to Processes, select RO2, then select "End Process" to fix these problems.

Still, such a command would be only a temporary fix, but at least it would solve the problems until they can actually fix the problems (just like how they supposedly gave Crecentias Monk gear stats instead of the ones they're supposed to have, but not sure if that's true or not).

Edited by SoraOfKHK, 26 September 2013 - 02:33 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users