Should garments have their own safe7 certs now? - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Should garments have their own safe7 certs now?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#26 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:a laggy one

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:55 AM

simple solution:

expand the list of mvp items that can be converted into certs. either that or increase the NPC purchase value of these items drastically so that they actually pay off. MVPing is supposed to be the main legit way to make real profit in this game and yet the mvps loot tables were never updated for renewal, so you have insanely hard mvps dropping garbage that nobody wants. imo the entire mvp loot table should be redone from scratch, but thats a dif topic altogether.

#27 rodezja

rodezja

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 503 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:02 PM

simple solution:

expand the list of mvp items that can be converted into certs. either that or increase the NPC purchase value of these items drastically so that they actually pay off. MVPing is supposed to be the main legit way to make real profit in this game and yet the mvps loot tables were never updated for renewal, so you have insanely hard mvps dropping garbage that nobody wants. imo the entire mvp loot table should be redone from scratch, but thats a dif topic altogether.

I'm afraid to say that I agree with tofu for once. o.o

Altho it's not that "simple", yeah.

Edited by rodezja, 27 September 2013 - 12:02 PM.

#28 azumak1

azumak1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1347 posts
  • Server:Chaos!

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:23 PM

Lol.... Not even a whole month ago, many people were complaining that Safe Certs were too cheap and flooding the market (a large part was the July Jubilee pack from Boxter being very easy to re-roll junk items) but people have burned through that giant supply because of FAW Enchants and HBP Mania... it's almost as though... it's following this crazy concept of supply and demand?! Shocking... :v

I think the best solution would be an overhaul of Eve Natalia to include a lot more MVP junk gear, but it would need to be discussed among the community for a while as to what should and shouldn't be in there.

#29 Leonis1

Leonis1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 685 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:56 PM

I got bored after the first couple posts. Body certs are back at what they were several months ago. If they were up to 30m+ i could see a reason to complain. But right now your just being excessively whiney.

#30 ottavit16

ottavit16

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 10:29 AM

I don't understand how this topic became so convoluted.  The point was the imbalance between the types of certs.  Not whether newbs have to work hard, people are whining, the effect on the economy.  Amusing to read, though. 

I've only been back a few months, but I'd wager that Headgear/Weapon certs don't fluctuate in price quite as much? 

#31 Zoltor

Zoltor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1345 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 10:38 AM

Better solution is to introduce them in cash shop like HD ores. with 75KP for each cert and considering 8M for 75KP everyone can afford them regardless of its demand in the market. And since it's a KP item,noone would hoard them and wait for it's inflation.

^This. Considering they are expendable, and since the game went ftp(People need these certs), they really should put a safe to 7 cert in the Kafra shop. Also yea 75-100 kp sounds about right.

#32 beaupoem

beaupoem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4239 posts
  • LocationMora
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 28 September 2013 - 11:48 AM

I don't understand how this topic became so convoluted. The point was the imbalance between the types of certs. Not whether newbs have to work hard, people are whining, the effect on the economy. Amusing to read, though.

I've only been back a few months, but I'd wager that Headgear/Weapon certs don't fluctuate in price quite as much?

armor certs work for 3 types of gears while headgear/weapon certs only for 1 type each. and with HBPs/FAWs flooding the server, why would you expect armor certs to cost any less?

btw adding a brand new type of cert for garments will probably require kRO approval aka not gonna happen

#33 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Server:Silph Road

Posted 28 September 2013 - 11:56 AM

I got myself a few Body cert after breaking a bunch of cheap armors with elus from the Eat Gear. o3o For less than 7m each more or less if I were to calculate how much it'd cost me. But since all the elus and armors I got are free from TIs/ farming, cost was just time taken to play the game.

Edit: oh a few thousands of zenies for upgrade attempts also. But isn't much.

Edited by WarlockFier, 28 September 2013 - 11:58 AM.

#34 azumak1

azumak1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1347 posts
  • Server:Chaos!

Posted 28 September 2013 - 05:16 PM

I got myself a few Body cert after breaking a bunch of cheap armors with elus from the Eat Gear. o3o For less than 7m each more or less if I were to calculate how much it'd cost me. But since all the elus and armors I got are free from TIs/ farming, cost was just time taken to play the game.

Edit: oh a few thousands of zenies for upgrade attempts also. But isn't much.

That's how it's done, folks! :>

I wonder if slotting NPC armors with C-Rank Socket Enchant and upgrading those would be worth it yet... It's been quite a while since I did some math for it. Huehueee.. :3

#35 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts
  • Server:a laggy one

Posted 28 September 2013 - 05:31 PM

nah the headgear ones fluctuate too. a lil while ago the headgear certs were going for like 12-16m because of the crown of deceits in the groove box. supply demand.

although this whole solution of putting everything as a kp item, with the way server population is going, eventually theyre going to have to make every item in the game KP purchasable because there wont be enough people to farm stuff/groovebox stuff anymore. especially with all of the horders that keep like 8-10 of a rare item on their accounts. it already sorta feels like thats whats happening to this game. gravity is not allowing warp portal to adjust drop rates and things to accommodate for the extremely low pop we have, and its killing this game. iRO should have its own drop rates, npc purchase rates, quests, etc.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users