10/2 Twilight Zone Debut Maintenance - Page 13 - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

10/2 Twilight Zone Debut Maintenance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
343 replies to this topic

#301 Ambur

Ambur

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3403 posts
  • LocationNevada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:04 AM

Considering the TIs are great, I rather have the lag than less mobs.

#302 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10262 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:30 AM

Anyone else notice they wont reply about the lag? we keep complaining about it and they still ignore it.  AND they INTENTIONALLY ignore it, DURING a COMPENSATION event.

Without tracert reports in a ticket with information on the time you experience lag, if it is all the time or just on a certain map, what else is on the screen, what your ISP is and what servers your connection passes through to get to our servers we would not have enough information to have the IT Team and our ISP investigate it. With this information we can make reports to our ISP, check out maps, etc. 

#303 Alanthier

Alanthier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1432 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:36 AM

Tracert reports don't matter at this point.  It's server wide, I know i'm not the only one experiencing it.  I've played from 3 different locations, 3 different ISP's used to test it.  it's the same.  You get random lag spikes wherever you are, you're stuck for almost 10 seconds half the time not able to move at all.  In Ti, it's almost 20 seconds at times.  It is on YOUR ppl's end, not ours.

#304 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10262 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:38 AM

And I am not saying it is on your end. Multiple people sending in reports would show that is the case then. Eliminating what is not the problem helps too. 

#305 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas
  • Server:Chaos when no Time Gaps

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:20 AM

Tracert reports don't matter at this point.  It's server wide, I know i'm not the only one experiencing it.  I've played from 3 different locations, 3 different ISP's used to test it.  it's the same.  You get random lag spikes wherever you are, you're stuck for almost 10 seconds half the time not able to move at all.  In Ti, it's almost 20 seconds at times.  It is on YOUR ppl's end, not ours.

FYI the TI lag issue is a whole other problem. That's due to the fact there are so many people & monsters spawning on the maps. This has been an issue ever since the merge, due to the fact all the TI's are on one server, if they were to split the lower TI off on to a separate server, this would alleviate the majority of problems, if they didn't take away the servers we were using b4 the merge, we wouldn't be having all these issues.

Edited by Razzez, 04 October 2013 - 11:21 AM.

#306 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:29 AM

Oda can you please answer my previous post:

http://forums.warppo...ance/?p=1538090

Oda?

#307 Draciolus

Draciolus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2035 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:47 PM

Honestly, I think that some of the lag is in part due to peoples machines. I lag sometimes in TI when entering, or winging, or anything that causes that type of situation(oh wait, just those two). Very rarely do I experience the lag that everyone else seems to complain about. Normally, it's only after a major update, and only for a few days at that.

#308 albaoregine

albaoregine

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:59 PM

what happened?

#309 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas

Posted 04 October 2013 - 04:52 PM

Honestly, I think that some of the lag is in part due to peoples machines. I lag sometimes in TI when entering, or winging, or anything that causes that type of situation(oh wait, just those two). Very rarely do I experience the lag that everyone else seems to complain about. Normally, it's only after a major update, and only for a few days at that.

Other peoples machines, server speed, location, etc..., doesn't effect the lag others experience, in TI's, or any other lags.

With that being said the majority of the lag issues have been & are with TI's.

There have also been some server wide lags, over the past month, along with the server outages. For the most part those were from DDOS attacks. That's the reason they did the compensation last week, & this week, with the EXP events.

#310 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 04 October 2013 - 05:44 PM

razzez please stop quoting yourself. pm oda if you want a personal reply.

#311 markoh1988

markoh1988

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1645 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:59 PM

razzez please stop quoting yourself. pm oda if you want a personal reply.

FULLY AGREE... Every thread also your unhappiness

#312 Alanthier

Alanthier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1432 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:15 PM

Other peoples machines, server speed, location, etc..., doesn't effect the lag others experience, in TI's, or any other lags.

With that being said the majority of the lag issues have been & are with TI's.

There have also been some server wide lags, over the past month, along with the server outages. For the most part those were from DDOS attacks. That's the reason they did the compensation last week, & this week, with the EXP events.

I'm not just talking about TI thank you very much.  I was in overlook, where there is NO ONE, like, EVER!   I was having the SAME lag problems as i was in Orc dungeon, which would lag for about 10 seconds at times then release me and allow me to move again.  But Ti is a whole other story, the lag is horrible most of the time, far worse than any other maps and yes I understand it's because they're "geniuses" and wont split the servers for it.

#313 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 2448 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:retired

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:19 PM

Overlook and orc dungeon are on the same server.

Edited by renouille, 04 October 2013 - 08:21 PM.

#314 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:23 PM

FYI the TI lag issue is a whole other problem. That's due to the fact there are so many people & monsters spawning on the maps. This has been an issue ever since the merge, due to the fact all the TI's are on one server, if they were to split the lower TI off on to a separate server, this would alleviate the majority of problems

This.

I was doing the low and mid TI's earlier, and it wasn't so bad. Still slightly laggy, but not too bad. Now that it's back up to peak hours, it's nearly impossible to do. I got a large mob on my knight and with my 20k+ hp and pot spamming, I barely survived it, and my character decided to continue pot spamming for about 3 seconds after the mob was dead and my hp was full.

I don't lag outside of the eden TI maps, so I think it's really just the load on those maps and whatever other server they're attached to.

Are we just not supposed to play during peak hours? I really hope that's not going to be the "official" answer. Sadly that's what I'm doing right now, I'm playing another game because I don't feel like raging over something completely beyond my control.

If you could separate the servers like raz suggested sometime in the following weeks, it might help alleviate the TI lag.

Also to help with lag, you guys should push for kRO to give us the graphical update asap (and especially before promoting RO1 through steam, or you'll irreparably hurt WP's reputation in the steam user base).

#315 duckmanneo

duckmanneo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 580 posts
  • LocationIn a van down by the river.
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:41 PM

A graphics engine overhaul patch seems very difficult to implement.  Seeing these recent patches makes me how far away that patch will even be.  I'm just going to take a break from iro until the game is a little more stable.

#316 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 10:32 AM

It's not like it's not in the works. The graphics patch has been on kRO for a while now, and it would be wise to get it here asap. Modern machines have trouble running RO because it's so outdated, and the graphics patch will help that.

#317 xLoli

xLoli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1143 posts
  • LocationVirginia, U.S.
  • Server:Valkyrie > Chaos

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:28 PM

I know I was grinding a new char yesterday evening, and every map I visited (Comodo Dungeon [Lvl. 40-50?], Ant Hell, Grizzly/Stainer map, and Spore/Boa map off to the right of Payon) was insanely lagged. There was barely anyone even on the Grizzly/Stainer map. Pretty sure it wasn't on my end either, as I have not experienced any slow down with any other online service I use. Just throwing that out there.

#318 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:41 PM

The lag is, & has been bad, for some time now. It's because of the merge. Instead of us being, on three separate servers, we are all playing on the one server now. That's why TI's are especially bad. If they would add a server back, & split off at least the lower TI, that would alleviate a lot of the problems.

#319 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:57 PM

The lag is, & has been bad, for some time now. It's because of the merge. Instead of us being, on three separate servers, we are all playing on the one server now. That's why TI's are especially bad. If they would add a server back, & split off at least the lower TI, that would alleviate a lot of the problems.

Sadly you're right. It would be nice to have all the TI's have their own server, but the only one that really needs it is the low TI. It's just so heavily farmed compared to the other two.

#320 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:54 PM

No, it's more like you didn't understand how ASPD works therefore believing the FAWs description is wrong thus commenting about the item. If you knew anything about game mechanics, you wouldn't be posting half the spam you're doing in the maint threads.

Maybe if you spent less time posting crap like saying how the Bakonawa Tattoo doesn't work because the 7% ATK isn't showing on your status window, or now how ASPD is wrong (LOL @ how you thought aspd was calculated btw) OR repeatedly asking Camp to explain to you how exp bonuses worked since you didn't know how to do simple algebra, and actually read up iROWiki pages on how game mechanics worked, you'd actually notice how mundane, and annoying your questions are, especially since you're spamming the maint threads with this bull.

The worst thing about it is, you're insistent that you're right, and say everyone else who is trying to explain to you how it works is wrong. :hmm:

For example:

then

Really? Do you REALLY know how aspd works? Anyone who knows how ASPD works would know that 193 aspd is Max aspd on a 3rd class. You don't know what shield/weapon penalty is and you claim to understand how aspd works? So are you sure that you know?

It really amazes me how much rep a person can get, from people, when they break so many forum rules.

There is absolutely no reason for you to be so rude & disrespectful.

This post is nothing but spam. You aren't doing anything but flaming & trolling on top of that. What's worse is the mods allow it. :hmm:

Find something else to do besides make fun of me or others, if you're an Adult act like one, if not then keep acting like a Child.

I never once insisted I was right. I didn't know the answer which is why I asked in the first place. I can see why new people don't ask for help or ask questions. Knowing how ASPD works, has nothing to do with knowing that the Max ASPD is 193, especially if a person doesn't have any characters that are lev 150/50.

FYI I know that a shield lowers ASPD & I'm not using one.

You want to complain about all the spam, then gripe at all the people, that repeated the same information, which had been posted, over & over again!

Edited by Razzez, 05 October 2013 - 03:00 PM.

#321 twodaysago

twodaysago

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 363 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:06 PM

Gratz on Razzes, you almost hit 4k posts! :thumb2:

#322 beaupoem

beaupoem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4239 posts
  • LocationMora

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:13 PM

i can get max aspd 193 on my 128 ranger. i have no 150/50 chars. hmmmm

#323 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:18 PM

haha... most of which are bumps & posts on the marketplace

#324 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:59 PM

It really amazes me how much rep a person can get, from people, when they break so many forum rules.

There is absolutely no reason for you to be so rude & disrespectful.

This post is nothing but spam. You aren't doing anything but flaming & trolling on top of that. What's worse is the mods allow it. :hmm:

Find something else to do besides make fun of me or others, if you're an Adult act like one, if not then keep acting like a Child.

I never once insisted I was right. I didn't know the answer which is why I asked in the first place. I can see why new people don't ask for help or ask questions. Knowing how ASPD works, has nothing to do with knowing that the Max ASPD is 193, especially if a person doesn't have any characters that are lev 150/50.

FYI I know that a shield lowers ASPD & I'm not using one.

You want to complain about all the spam, then gripe at all the people, that repeated the same information, which had been posted, over & over again!

She has rep points because she occasionally posts something people like reading. I don't think you can relate.

#325 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:48 PM

She has rep points because she occasionally posts something people like reading. I don't think you can relate.

I was talking about the rep for the post I commented on. No need for you to be rude also.

Just like you'll get rep, & have for doing the same, from your girlfriends, & others.

Edited by Razzez, 05 October 2013 - 07:51 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users