I'm new to ragnarok are thieves good to play? - Thief - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

I'm new to ragnarok are thieves good to play?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Darkness91

Darkness91

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:34 PM

So I'm new to this game, and are thieves fun to play? And do my outfits automatically upgrade, or do I have to buy them from in game shops? What weapons do thieves use? Thanks! Also, I'm interested in warriors as well. Thanks!

#2 Darkness91

Darkness91

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:47 PM

Actually, are warriors fun to play? I've always loved warriors and swords. Also, how do you job advance? I'm from maplestory.

#3 2534130520102140553

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:06 PM

So I'm new to this game, and are thieves fun to play? And do my outfits automatically upgrade, or do I have to buy them from in game shops? What weapons do thieves use? Thanks! Also, I'm interested in warriors as well. Thanks!

You get new armor as you level, through quests, rare field drops, drops from dungeons, etc, and later at level 50 through drops from RHD, Raids, and through Colosseum.  If you're talking about outfits just for the looks, those you can either get from certain events or quests, or from the Kafra shop. (or pay with in-game money (zeny) at the Auction House to purchase costumes people post) Thieves use a Dagger; Thieves can, at level 25, become either a Rogue, which uses a Dual Dagger, or an Assassin, which uses Claws.  I've only played Assassin, but I love my Assassin.  Assassins are fast, can hide, and have great DPS.

Actually, are warriors fun to play? I've always loved warriors and swords. Also, how do you job advance? I'm from maplestory.

This is probably the wrong sub-forum to be asking about warriors lol... I've never played one.  What I can tell you is that a warrior is generally considered an Off-Tank, or a secondary tank to the main tank.  It's good for handling large amounts of mobs.  With certain skills I hear the DPS can be quite fantastic if you go that route, but I don't think it measures up to any of the other DPS classes. (?)

As for Job Advancement, if you mean crafting, then the way you do that varies from job to job; Blacksmiths, for example, will mine ore and craft armor/weapons to level up, while cooks will harvest cooking materials from mobs and create food items.

#4 Darkness91

Darkness91

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:21 PM

You get new armor as you level, through quests, rare field drops, drops from dungeons, etc, and later at level 50 through drops from RHD, Raids, and through Colosseum.  If you're talking about outfits just for the looks, those you can either get from certain events or quests, or from the Kafra shop. (or pay with in-game money (zeny) at the Auction House to purchase costumes people post) Thieves use a Dagger; Thieves can, at level 25, become either a Rogue, which uses a Dual Dagger, or an Assassin, which uses Claws.  I've only played Assassin, but I love my Assassin.  Assassins are fast, can hide, and have great DPS.

This is probably the wrong sub-forum to be asking about warriors lol... I've never played one.  What I can tell you is that a warrior is generally considered an Off-Tank, or a secondary tank to the main tank.  It's good for handling large amounts of mobs.  With certain skills I hear the DPS can be quite fantastic if you go that route, but I don't think it measures up to any of the other DPS classes. (?)

As for Job Advancement, if you mean crafting, then the way you do that varies from job to job; Blacksmiths, for example, will mine ore and craft armor/weapons to level up, while cooks will harvest cooking materials from mobs and create food items.

Okay thanks! I'm guessing the kafra shop is the equivilent of maplestory's cash shop? And is attacking left click select then right click to attack? The job advancing thing I was asking about is if you advance to other sub jobs within a class like maplestory has warrior>dragon warrior>dark knight, etc.

#5 Darkness91

Darkness91

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:22 PM

The updating it taking a really long time....

#6 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:49 PM

its quite the big game...

Anyway, I play both Rogue and Assassin, gotta admit I enjoy PvP more on my sin cuz he kills everything he crosses with, while he is pretty good for PvE and farming in general, it is also awesome for power leveling other ppl.

Altho at first sight Assassin loses on DPS to Rogue, it can be decieving because Sin hits many more times than you can count :V!!

After all sins best feature is their capability to keep attacking relentlessly, even the defensive skills they have are for the sake of keep on attacking!

About Rogues, they are tricksters, they have tools almost for anything and everything, hence they can be both the cheapest AND the most spensive for farming purposes, but gotta tell you they don't lose to sins on this territory.

They have a harder life holding their ground PvP wise unlike their counterpart, but they are formidable soloers for PvE zones that require more than simpleminded attacks, and can also dish the most damange in game in 3 seconds!!

Both classes are fun to play and can work for different things, which one you wanna try first, its up to you XP

BTW, your skills and stats are reset after you job change into Rogue or Sin (same for any other class anyway), so you can play with Thieves skills for a faster leveling.

I do highly recomend maxing «Dark Illusion» and getting «Poison Weapon» lvl 1 ASAP, then go for lvl 2 «Combo Training» before maxing «Double Attack». you'll level pretty fast if you start all your fights with «Dark Illusion» and «Dagger Throw» combo.

About jobs, I wouldn't recommend Cheff D:

you'll have a better life going Alchemist, Blacksmith or Artisan on either of the 2.

Good luck!

#7 raela

raela

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 784 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:32 AM

Okay thanks! I'm guessing the kafra shop is the equivilent of maplestory's cash shop? And is attacking left click select then right click to attack? The job advancing thing I was asking about is if you advance to other sub jobs within a class like maplestory has warrior>dragon warrior>dark knight, etc.

It's a cash shop yeah.

Sure, you can select then attack.. or just click straight to attack.. but that will be just auto attacks. Instead, you will be constantly using skills. You can click to target, or tab, then be prepared to mash a button a lot. D: For thieves, you will double attack to build combo points, then finish with deadly blow (to begin with).

Currently, RO2 only has 1 progression. At 25, as mentioned, you return to a main city and have a choice of two quests. For thieves, this is rogue or sin.

As for warrior questions.. they are generally best suited for tanking, though DPS builds do exist.. however, it can be much harder to find a party as a DPS warrior than it would be as a tank warrior or a DPS rogue/sin. They attack much slower than thieves, and do less damage, but they have a pretty fun AoE (endless spinning :D). Really, it depends on your playstyle.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users