How does steal actually work - Ragnarok subforum archives - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

How does steal actually work

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
40 replies to this topic

#1 vnivni

vnivni

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 236 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 04 October 2013 - 04:10 AM

This page http://irowiki.org/wiki/Steal doesn't explain how each item will be chosen to be stole, so any1 knows how it works?

Also, what is "steal check"?

Edited by vnivni, 04 October 2013 - 04:10 AM.

#2 Alicia

Alicia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1912 posts
  • LocationLocation Location
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Disconnected

Posted 04 October 2013 - 04:18 AM

I've been playing a rogue class for a long while and I have noticed the following :

1) Card rate items cannot be stolen.

2) When auto-stealing (ganking) the highest drop rate item is taken.

3) I have stolen OCA's from certain monsters before and powerful equipement, but only when manually stealing.

It would seem that manually using steal yields a better "check" in that it provides lower rate items from being obtained.

Like Elunium, Witherless roses, Alice Aprons, Equipment and anything above 1% drop rate.

Hope this helps, and keep in mind they are my observations :)

#3 schia

schia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1356 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 04:31 AM

MVPs and Boss type monsters are also immune to steal afaik.

#4 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 04:35 AM

It checks each item in order on their drop list and never checks the last slot.

http://db.irowiki.or...ster-info/2283/

Some monsters drop tables are sweet like this one and you can easily steal the first two items. If you get a lucky roll. When the junk item(skull in this case) is first on the list though the odds of that happening drop dramatically because if you succeed you get the skull and no more checks.

#5 Alicia

Alicia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1912 posts
  • LocationLocation Location
  • Server:Disconnected

Posted 04 October 2013 - 04:39 AM

MVPs and Boss type monsters are also immune to steal afaik.

True.

Also keep in mind that only one item can be stolen from any monster.

If you create a mushroom with a Chemist, and steal off the mushroom, and the mushroom becomes a Dark Priest (polymorph)

you would not be able to steal some of it's sweet items as Viri mentioned. Just an F.Y.I

#6 vnivni

vnivni

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 04:39 AM

It checks each item in order on their drop list and never checks the last slot.

http://db.irowiki.or...ster-info/2283/

Some monsters drop tables are sweet like this one and you can easily steal the first two items. If you get a lucky roll. When the junk item(skull in this case) is first on the list though the odds of that happening drop dramatically because if you succeed you get the skull and no more checks.

Could you pls explain the full procedure?

Is there a database somewhere that shows every monster's order of drop list?

#7 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts
  • LocationRagnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 04 October 2013 - 04:43 AM

misread xD 

Edited by Havenn, 04 October 2013 - 04:44 AM.

#8 chr0nicles

chr0nicles

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 267 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 04 October 2013 - 05:27 AM

quick question

apart from dex, does SC steal better than GX? << been wondering this for along time xD

#9 Zoltor

Zoltor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1345 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 05:40 AM

I've been playing a rogue class for a long while and I have noticed the following :

1) Card rate items cannot be stolen.

2) When auto-stealing (ganking) the highest drop rate item is taken.

3) I have stolen OCA's from certain monsters before and powerful equipement, but only when manually stealing.

It would seem that manually using steal yields a better "check" in that it provides lower rate items from being obtained.

Like Elunium, Witherless roses, Alice Aprons, Equipment and anything above 1% drop rate.

Hope this helps, and keep in mind they are my observations :)

That is not completely accurate.

Card "rate" items can be stolen, as well as Ganked, just cards can't, nor can anything in the 6st drop slot(which is usually a card, but not always).

Manually stealing has a higher chance to steal  a item in general, as ganking has a pretty low chance to trigger to beginwith, that's all it is. Depending on what monsters you are hunting/how fast you kill them, you may not be Ganking every mob to beginwith.

Edited by Zoltor, 04 October 2013 - 05:45 AM.

#10 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 05:41 AM

No, it's just steal level and dex. I believe it checks your roll against each item from the top down. db.irowiki seems to have most monsters drop lists. Keep in mind boss protocol can't be stolen from.

#11 Zoltor

Zoltor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1345 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 05:43 AM

No, it's just steal level and dex. I believe it checks your roll against each item from the top down. db.irowiki seems to have most monsters drop lists. Keep in mind boss protocol can't be stolen from.

Exactly.

#12 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 05:44 AM

That is why if a mob has a 90% drop rate item in it's first slot ODDS are you aren't going to get whatever is in it's 7th slot. Like ever.

#13 Izzy1

Izzy1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1793 posts
  • LocationU.K
  • Server:Chaos Renewal - Smokies

Posted 04 October 2013 - 05:48 AM

So, what I'm gathering from that is then, like the iRO Wiki Monster info that was posted above, That list at the bottom is the so called "Slots"? Or should I be looking somewhere else? I haven't really looked much into it, however, I am interested as I am making a Shadow Chaser myself!.

#14 Zoltor

Zoltor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1345 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 05:48 AM

That is why if a mob has a 90% drop rate item in it's first slot ODDS are you aren't going to get whatever is in it's 7th slot. Like ever.

Yea getting anything from a slot higher then the 5th slot is virtually impossible by way of stealing/ganking.

#15 vnivni

vnivni

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 05:50 AM

Are the monster drop lists' orders in db.irowiki.com accurate? If so, the roll for each item is checked in db.irowiki.com from left to right in a downwards fashion?

What you mean by rolls, like how is this roll calculated?

#16 Zoltor

Zoltor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1345 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 05:53 AM

So, what I'm gathering from that is then, like the iRO Wiki Monster info that was posted above, That list at the bottom is the so called "Slots"? Or should I be looking somewhere else? I haven't really looked much into it, however, I am interested as I am making a Shadow Chaser myself!.

Yea, the item lists under the monster stats/profile, is the slots(numbered left to right, as if reading a book).

#17 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:08 AM

Left to right, top down yeah. They're.... mostly accurate from what I've seen? That example I gave in particular threw me off because it seemed like it should allow you to steal some very nice stuff. Tested it pretty thoroughly and you definitely can steal those items at a rate that definitely isn't "near 0". Keep in mind gum doesn't affect stealing either.

#18 Zoltor

Zoltor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1345 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:11 AM

Left to right, top down yeah. They're.... mostly accurate from what I've seen? That example I gave in particular threw me off because it seemed like it should allow you to steal some very nice stuff. Tested it pretty thoroughly and you definitely can steal those items at a rate that definitely isn't "near 0". Keep in mind gum doesn't affect stealing either.

Yea, item drop buffs "of any kind" has never, and most surely will never effect items stolen/ganked.

#19 vnivni

vnivni

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:28 AM

But what you mean by rolls, like how is this roll calculated?

Yea getting anything from a slot higher then the 5th slot is virtually impossible by way of stealing/ganking.

If what viri said about the slot order is true, I've just ganked a 7th slot item slightly over ~40 mins ago.

#20 Zoltor

Zoltor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1345 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:16 AM

If what viri said about the slot order is true, I've just ganked a 7th slot item slightly over ~40 mins ago.

I said virtually impossible, not mathematically impossible.

I was hunting in chiv 2 like always, and I had 2 Raydrick Cards drop(drop mind you, not stolen/ganked, as that literally Isn't possible, I'm just giving a example) within 5m one time(one of my guild mates had this happen once as well), I kid you not(this was pre-renewal too, so the cards had a much lower rate as well, 1/10,000, instead the 1/5,000 it is supposedly now). It's so beyond unlikely, but It's technically possible.

Edited by Zoltor, 04 October 2013 - 07:18 AM.

#21 Boltkiller

Boltkiller

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 426 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:28 AM

Does vip drop bonus affect steal??

#22 Jaffer

Jaffer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1349 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:36 AM

It's random.

AdjustedDropRatio = DropRatio*(DEX + 3*Skill level - MonsterDEX + 10)/100

So take your drop ratio (x:10,000) and calculated the Adjusted Drop Ratio.

Then a random number between 0 and 10,000 is rolled by the server and if

RandomValue <= AdjustedDropRatio

You receive the item.

For example, lets say you wanted to steal a Skull, with level 10 Steal and 100 DEX.  The monster has 10 DEX.  The skull drop chance is 10% (10% is a ratio of 1000:10,000)

AdjustedDropRatio = 1000 * (100 + 3*10 - 10 + 10)/ 100 = 1000 * (130)/100 = 1300

So your adjusted drop ratio is 1,300:10,000, meaning you have a 13% chance to Steal the skull.

A random number is taken by the server.  If the random number is less than or equal to 1,300, you will receive the skull.

There is also a check to see if Steal is successful or not.  Level 10 Steal has a 64% chance to steal, so there are two checks before an item is stolen.

If your steal attempt is unsuccessful, you will attempt to steal the next item.

Many monsters have extremely high drop items in their first slots (Common loots, typically 50%+ drop rate), making it fairly difficult to get rare items from a steal, since they are almost exclusively placed at the end of the list.

So lets say a monster drops these 7 items:

Skull (70%), Brigan (70%), Oridecon (30%), Elunium (30%), Chainmail (25%), Silk Robe (25%), Elemental Sword (0.02%).

If you wanted to Steal the Elemental Sword (Which would be extremely unlikely), you would have to do this:

Fail to Steal Skull, Brigan, Oridecon, Elunium, Chain Mail, AND Silk Robe, then successfully roll an extremely small number on the 7th roll.

If you considered the same stats from the first equation, Skull and Brigan would have a 91% steal chance, and your Elemental Sword would have a 0.02% steal chance, assuming you fail a 91% chance twice, then you failed two 39% chances, and then you failed two 32.5% chances.

So getting that Elemental Sword would be nothing short of a miracle.

tl;dr a roll is just another way to say random number.

#23 Zoltor

Zoltor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1345 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:37 AM

Does vip drop bonus affect steal??

No, like I said, no drop buffs of any kind effects stolen/ganked items.

#24 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:56 AM

That is correct ^

#25 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:28 AM

I thought server-wide drop increases did work with steal? Just not VIP/Gum....

Oh - and before you try it, you can't make steal give you what you want by going to 100 item inventory limit with no space for the junk items - if it succeeds but you can't hold the item, you get the usual "you cannot carry more items" message, and the item vanishes into the void, and the monster is marked as stolen from. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users