• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 CedrixArcaeon

CedrixArcaeon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:40 PM

I have a younger sister that got interested and is now playing as a Thief class.

She asks me which would be better when she gets a Class Change?

Assassin or Rogue?

I play as a Priest, and I have no idea how to use a Thief at all, so, think you guys can lend me and a sibby a hand here? XD

Just some advice to the ups-and-downs and why or why-nots to be either of the classes? 

Also some of your own preferences, too?

I would really appreciate it, Thanks MUCH! :D

#2 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:24 PM

As a player that went both paths, I would say:

Assassin.

Specially since you 2 will be playing together, she will pretty much be DPS/Tanky since early game if she maxes «Shadow Form» and «Shadow Armor» from the get-go.

Rogue will do more for solo play, but she will do the murdering and you the support/muder from afar... pretty much... I mean, I highly doubt you'll make a priest without «Heal» :V

I still feel my Rogue can kill stuffs faster than my Assassin, but I've hardly tried enough for comparison... I still like it more for pvp tho.

#3 SparklingLimeade

SparklingLimeade

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:04 AM

I'm more biased but I also say sin. No need to stack stable doping and priest healing compliments Shadow Armor. And running fast is fun. We can run even faster than we kill.

#4 Velouce

Velouce

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:04 AM

Rogue also has a lot of fun skill combos (weather they are intended by gravity or not). But especially when it comes to doping and even more in general when it comes to PvP, Rogues are one of the most frustrating characters, but that's mostly noticed in endgame. Assassin becomes more and more fun with every levelup and is absolutely fun and useful in Colosseum. Also endgame gear looks way cooler on assassin. I have no idea why endgame Rogues didn't get to wear their awesome fur jackets anymore (which was seriously one of the reasons I liked this class). To add might be, for raids, Rogue seems more useful than assassin, especially in the current situation of this game.

#5 CedrixArcaeon

CedrixArcaeon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:29 PM

Ahh, I see.

Thanks, lots, guys. ^_^

I very much appreciate this information.

A few more questions, though?

In terms of damage rate which would be better for the bigger damage in a smaller time? She's one of those "I'm gonna rush these bastards!!" kind of DPS, while I'm the dude healin her. XD

#6 SparklingLimeade

SparklingLimeade

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:19 AM

That's an interesting argument and I'm still not sure. I've pretty reliably found myself at the top of threat charts even with other decently geared DPS around. Either way I believe the difference is small enough that player skill makes a bigger difference than class selection. On a good day Rogues can do more DPS in raids but Shadow Armor is better for surviving raid damage than GP and roges rely more on the RNG gods than sins do. For regular play I think sins have better damage. Shadow Assault from hiding hurts. Can rogues string Combo Mastery along while leveling or farming normal enemies? That still seems dubious in terms of average damage even if it works...

In terms of just running in and killing everything with priest support I still stand by the sin pick. Both classes can stab faces very well, rogues can get an edge over sins sometimes because GP means they don't have to rest but if they plan to work with a priest frequently then sins don't have to rest either. On the other hand if your friend likes rogue aesthetics or something they could do that. You'll still be able to kill lots. There will just be slow walking between the killing and no shadow assault to jump around or shadow armor to make them live through things they shouldn't live through.

#7 raela

raela

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 784 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:53 AM

I recommended assassin. I have both at 50 now.. and lemme tell you, it's extremely frustrating if you get distracted/wipe to something and lose your Adrenalin Rush buff (brings your damage about to sin's shadow form, except you have to "charge" it up with good red pots, then can maintain with crappy ones.. every 3 minutes). Once you get the hang of it, it's not bad.. but I feel rogue needs much more maintenance to keep the DPS going, whereas sin is just a killing machine in any situation. D:

#8 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 05:23 AM

Rushing it up? well, Rogue's attack can boost to a 186% just by itself...

Like Sparkle said, it depends on the RNG gods a ton, but Crits are easer to build on them than on Sins.

I can't really count the threat meter as a good measure because I myself use to be on the front, use «Smoke Bomb» reseting it and end up ahead a few minutes later anyway, crits are THAT powerful...

Rogue's are able to do a 25 THOUSAND STRIKE!!

#9 2534130520102140553

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 09 October 2013 - 01:48 PM

Rogue's are able to do a 25 THOUSAND STRIKE!!

Wait wait wait... really!? 0_o

#10 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:50 PM

look at my signature :V!

Its a personal record >=D

Edited by Leinzan, 09 October 2013 - 03:52 PM.

#11 Shouichirou

Shouichirou

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • LocationProbably at work.
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin Ch.5/7/11 (RO2)

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:00 PM

25k strike sounds a lot like [Adrenaline Power Buff] + [Maxed Adrenaline] + [Combo Mastery] + [Smoke Bomb] + [Moonlight Drive] + [Critical Landing]. Which (in my perspective) is very situational. I agree that Rogues are amongst the top forms of dps, but that is mostly [Over Time] during the long boss battles.

In terms of [Short Fights] sins have the advantage though, since they were intentionally (and oddly the devs intention actually works in this case) made for [Burst Damage]. Basically, if your sister is one for [Short and Quick] . . . . "assassinations", [Assassin] would be the preferred class of choice.

#12 CedrixArcaeon

CedrixArcaeon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:34 AM

Thank you all for the advice everyone, and regards from my sister, too with much thanks.

She chose the path of the Assassin and is currently enjoying herself with Shadow attacks. XD

Once again, thanks guys. =)

"It's so fun and quick to learn how to use! I don't know about Rogue, but the Assassin is so fast on their feet and hands, it's battlegasmic!XD"

She says. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users