• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Xeneth

Xeneth

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:15 PM

I was told earlier today in a topic that cooldowns and certain bug fixes were implimented into battlegrounds in order to combat botting.

• Botting is flawed and a bot will never be able to preform as well as an actual player in PvP, after a few minutes on google and some time spent reading the OpenKore Wiki, you'll notice the technology just isn't there
  • The fixes implimented to combat botting haven't worked, they've just made it so that NO ONE plays battlegrounds anymore.

I'm a casual players, Battlegrounds give merit to casual PVP. I can't get into WOE because I don't have the time to commit to the game and a guild, but I do enjoy playing this guild and I would invest more time/money into it if I this feature was brought back to it's former glory.

There are several Private Servers who have come up with many ways to effectively combat botting in PvP and battlegrounds are fine on those servers, I think Gravity could learn something from that.

It just seems like Gravity took the easy way out, and made it to where they don't have to deal with it anymore. If anyone complains it's easy to just brush them aside and say "well battlegrounds are working, it's not our fault players don't play them". If they were revamped and properly executed players would have incentive to play them again, and you'd profit from it.

Edited by Xeneth, 08 October 2013 - 09:20 PM.

#2 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 08 October 2013 - 11:22 PM

This will be addressed with a past update from Gravity. Don't know when iRO will be getting this.

[_] Added the battleground queue system. You can apply for the battlegrounds from anywhere, you'll be given a confirmation when the battleground actually starts. If you cancel, there will be a minute delay before you can re-apply. Afterwards you'll be returned to where you entered from. If the place isn't a Town, Field, or Regular dungeon, you'll be returned to your save point instead. (December 27th, 2011)

#3 Xeneth

Xeneth

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:12 AM

is it against the Terms of Service to just start playing kRO?

#4 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:26 AM

Probably not, but kRO requires you to have a Korean social security number in order to sign up so good luck. On top of that its completely in Korean so unless you understand Korean there's really no point.

This thread will probably be overlooked by most due to where it was posted but in my opinion they should really just remove the cooldown timer. Even when it was 5 minute cooldown it was still painfully annoying. I can tolerate getting bugged by itself and I honestly doubt iRO can fix this but I know at the very least they can remove the stupid cooldown. But considering they wouldn't listen when they made these killing changes we will most likely have to wait for the queue system.

#5 Xeneth

Xeneth

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:39 AM

Wow. Ok.

Just don't see how we could fall so far behind, even missing common sense quality of life updates... smh

#6 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:38 AM

Wow. Ok.

Just don't see how we could fall so far behind, even missing common sense quality of life updates... smh

iRO fell behind updates because they needed to ask kRO specifically for what updates they want and they haven't been keeping up with the kRO website. Hence why players are stepping in with the What To Look Forward To Thread.

#7 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:21 PM

i dont get why iro should have to ASK for updates... we should just have a set schedule where 6mos after an update arrives to kRO main servers they send that update to us.... no more getting things out of order or missing this or that

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users