Hello, let's jump into this.
For the past near 7-8 months I've been doing research, learning and planning to start a Mod Kit Project for ROSE Evo. This, is the first official step I'll be taking. But before we get to details, a few disclaimers.
- This is not private server developement.
- There is no intention to provide modifications [mods] or tools that bypass, exploit or are otherwise considered malicious for ROSE Evo.
- This is not an "official" project being developed by the ROSE Evo staff or Gravity Int.
Now the fun stuff~
What does a "Mod Kit" do?
~ By my own definition a Mod Kit is a program or system to allow for new, custom created features to be "plugged" into ROSE. [or any other game that support community developements]. My goal of this Mod Kit is to provide useful tools, features and functions that the community has been requesting or the original developers overlooked as a good feature.
So what type of features are possible?
~ Hopefully a lot, especially due to the complexity of the project.
Simply put, Gravity + ROSE already support Mod's via the GenFS system. My goal, is to not only utilize the GenFS features, but also to "house" GenFS + ROSE inside of a modded environment. This modded environment will be coded in VB [Visual Basic for our non prog savvy members] and will allow for things like searches [via internet browsers] Archive look ups and more.
Here's a starting list of features -in combination with both GenFS + VB Housing I plan to work towards-
- Interactive maps. This will allow you to see the entirety of mini maps all at once, tic on or off points of interest, spawn locations, NPC, and quest hubs. You will also be able to switch maps to a map you are not in.
- Item look-ups. This will take a LOT of time, however in the end it will allow you to look up items by name, level, type/slot or stats via the use of filtered searches in a custom programmed database that I will design myself.
- Calculators. Use these simple but handy tools to calculate stats, skill points, refine success [yes I will make a refine calculator for this]. All of these will be controlled in 1 interface with a "tab" for each mode. Allowing it to be less invasive on the user interface but still provide all the features.
- Item Linking. This might not be up to me, I will certainly research the methods and the allowed access to the game, but I might not be able to do anything about this one. It's definitely marked to research though.
- Shop saving. This initially will not set up your buy list / sell list for you, but instead save the last one you built, or even one you build for yourself.
- Advanced previews. Hopefully I can get the game to allow for the item preview screen to work in VB. This will allow for me / and you to not only preview the items in a 3D space, zoom and rotate your character, but also allow you to look up items via the Item Look-ups feature, and preview those as-well. No more hunting around for that item just to preview it.
That's a starting list, there is more but it'll all unveil itself.
~ This is NOT a small project, and the initial product could take months to release. If at all. I make no promise that the stated features or any other features will become a working function. I certainly hope to provide those tools and features as the community has requested a lot of them for a long time. Some of them should have been developed a long time ago, but alas not all things are done when we want them done. So like I said, no promise, but the workspace has been set up, and the ideas are all marked down and structured to hopefully provide a fast efficient work flow.
To the community.
~ Handy with VB? Expert with it? Know anything about ROSE's GenFS? Have some ideas? Message me! Post them! Want to volunteer? You're welcome to! The more help and ideas I get the better. I encourage anyone, friend, staff or troll alike to post ideas or help. I won't be getting any type of reward for this, it is entirely a gift to the game and it's players. So the more help, the faster we can get this done.
My contacts are updated in my profile, though I suggest you use Skype or the Forums to get ahold of me the fastest.