Tiduspeco

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 709 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:37 PM

*To clear any confusion, this is not who murdered ME. This story is written by the victim, not myself.

Let me tell you a story about myself. I...am dead. Though, my life wasn't that great anyway. At least, it was great until I really messed up and it cost my dearly. Someone very close to my heart was lost because of my selfishness. That's something I can never undo and I've regret it for the remaining days of my life. I wish I could just go back and do things differently. Maybe then we'd still be together. We'd still be happy. Now all I have are memories. My own life was cut short, but I guess I kinda deserved it. Still, I would have liked to see more of the world and maybe even make some friends. I never really had friends. I think it would have been nice to have some. Now that I think about it, I'm kinda mad and disappointed that this happened. There's still so much I wanted to do. I curse that thing for eternity for doing this to me.

Anyway, let me tell you a little bit about that day. I certainly won't forget it any time soon. Since I had fallen into a deep depression, I decided to get out for a while. Maybe do some sight seeing or shopping to get my mind off things. I really love window shopping, looking in those windows and seeing clothes, pastries, pets, anything really. Even merchants in small villages have some really great stuff for sale. Earlier that day I saw someone running away from one of those merchants with a big basket, the man telling him to come back with his fruit. I can't stand thieves. I feel really bad for the poor merchant. He's just trying to make a living. I'd love to go get his basket back, but he was way too fast for me. I hope he gets what's coming to him. There wasn't much I could really do so I continued on with my short vacation away from home.

After I was done all my shopping I decided that I'd love to check out the desert. I heard it was very warm there and I wanna check it out for myself. The scenery on the way there was beautiful. Huge farming fields, a warm beach filled with cute fur seals, and lots of pretty moths. It's kinda strange though. I saw a few apples near this stone bridge but I didn't see any apple trees in the area. I guess somebody must have dropped them. Maybe they were in a hurry and didn't notice. I would have picked them up but they were dirty, a little slimy too. I managed to get to the desert but the heat was too much for me. I wasn't expecting it to be so hot so I headed back to town to see what else I could do.

When I got there I saw a really pretty girl that looked like a maid. I talked to her and she said she could fly me wherever I wanted to. I couldn't pass up an opportunity to go flying so I asked her to take me to another town. And with that, we were off. It was kinda scary being up so high but the wind flowing through my long hair felt really nice and exciting. I'm surprised how fast she can go. In no time we landed next to a beautiful fountain. I looked in and the bottom was sparkling with coins of people making wishes and throwing their rupies in. I was about to make my own wish when I overheard 2 men talking about being robbed. "That slimy bastard comes by here all the time and cleans me out while my back's turned. Somebody better catch him. How can I be expected to make a living if we have thieves running rampant around here?"

A thief? He must be talking about the same guy I saw earlier. Why can't he just leave these people alone? I mean, I'm pretty sure he's not poor. I think I saw him with this woman once when he was walking through Payon and she looked like she had a lot of money. She looked pretty intimidating too so I kept my distance. That was the only time I saw her though. They were headed towards Maple Forest so I guess they must live that direction. I kinda wonder what their relation was because she seemed very mean towards him but he didn't run from her. How strange. Maybe she is his master or something like that. So, maybe he's stealing from others to please her? Is that what's going on? I don't know, maybe I'm thinking too much into this.

Oh my, looks like I got a little side-tracked. Where was I? Oh yes, after I had done my window shopping I saw a few more of those maid-looking women next to a large building. I decided to talk to them and they were very friendly. They said I was really pretty. That felt nice, I don't often get a compliment like that. They told me all about the city and the places I really had to visit while I was there. I didn't much care for the fighting thing they mentioned. I don't see how watching people fight eachother can be fun. But everything else seemed wonderful. I definitely wouldn't be able to do everything in 1 day. If I go home tonight I might not get back here for a long time and there's so much I want to do here.

There wasn't much time left before dark so I got my reservation at the local inn and headed to the library to sign out a book to read before I go to sleep. When I got there I was at a loss for words. It was the biggest and most beautiful library I had ever seen. The book shelves seemed to go on for miles and they were almost as high as the ceiling. I headed to the fiction section and found something I'd really enjoy. On my way out I saw this really big book on a pedestal so I went to check it out. It was a book of all the past and present citizens of Prontera. I guess there must be one like this in Alberta too. I oppened it skimmed through the pages. They were all listed in alphabetical order. I'd only flipped through a few pages when I caught a glimpse of something familiar. I turned back to the page and it was that guy from before. Apparently that thief used to be a Prontera citizen. It had all of his basic information. Age, gender, family tree, blood type, etc. But one thing really stood out to me. It says that he's level 51. But, how is that possible? Even the strongest warriors are only level 50. How can he be higher than them? Is he really that strong? I didn't think too much about it but I was very curious. I signed out my book and left the library.

I must have lost track of time because by the time I got out it was dark. Too dark to even make out the people around me. They just looked like dark figures. On my way to the inn I heard someone running not far behind me and I heard something drop to the ground. The person was gone so I went to see what it was they dropped. I picked it up and saw that it was a beautiful necklace covered in gems that sparkled even in the dark. It must have been worth a fortune. There was no way I'd be able to find who dropped it now so I kept it and decided to turn it in after I wake up in the morning. I continued walking to the inn, not knowing that I was being watched.

When I got to the inn I suddenly felt very tired so I went straight to my room. I could only read a few pages of my book before my eye lids would stay open any longer. I put my book down and put the necklace safely in the drawer so nobody would try to take it. I put a picture of my sister on the night stand like I have at home to make me feel more comfortable being alone in the city. She's not here anymore but I can still feel her presence whenever I look at her. I kissed her picture goodnight and turned off the lights.

I started to wake up an hour after I'd fallen sleep. At least, I thought I did. Maybe it was a dream. Or maybe I was just too sleepy and it didn't feel real. I noticed my door was oppened a crack and it looked like someone was outside looking in. I couldn't see who though. Outside my door I heard this person doing something. It sounded like they were pulling an elastic band or something rubber. The stretching sound turned into a snap, almost like a bullet, and then everything went black.

I didn't know at the time, but from that point on, I was dead. I didn't want it to end like this. I wanted to get married and have a family someday. Honestly, I just wanted what my sister once had. I made her take her own life and now I've had mine stolen from me. I hope you can forgive me dear sister. I love you and I didn't mean for thing to go this way. I hope that you'll forgive me so we can stay here forever...together.

STORY COMPLETE!!!

* Congratulations to Glitters for solving the mystery!!! Keep those entries coming for a chance at our large bag raffle and a guarenteed premium dye!!!

Event rules

As detectives, your job is to figure out 4 things:

• Who was murdered?
  • Who was the murderer?
  • What weapon was used to commit the crime?
  • Where did this happen?

***Please include your IGN when making a guess.

You must post a screenshot of the exact location where it happened along with the other information all in 1 post. The screenshot must also include the murder weapon in your inventory as it is an item that drops from a monster in-game. Edited/multiple posts will be disqualified so you only get 1 shot at this. I will be updating the story every few days with more clues. Zanbee will do an announcement in game to let people know when it has been updated.

Prizes

Grand Prize: Solve my mystery and prove you're the best detective in Rune-Midgard and be the first player in the server to own a permanent Detective/Phantom Thief costume!!! (depending on gender) as well as a large bag, cause I know how much you all want some of those ;)

Participation Prize: To anyone who makes an incorrect guess, you will recieve a participation prize of 1 premium dye. Also, if someone solves the mystery, you can still get a premium dye by making your own short version of this event with characters of your choosing. You must give me a victim, murderer, location, murder weapon (must be in-game item), and a few sentences describing the motive behind your murder mystery. Alternatively, you may take my story and change it to how you wanted it to happen. If you're not happy with how it ended, show me how you would end it :)

Raffle: For every 15 people who participate, including both incorrect answers and your own murder mysteries, we will do a raffle for 1 large bag. The more people who participate, the more large bags we can give out!

* You may make your own mystery and still take a guess at this one. Also, if you figure out my mystery, you will also be entered in the raffle for a chance at getting a 2nd large bag!

Date

The event will start October 10th and will end on November 13th. If nobody has guessed the correct answer by then, the winner will be the person who guessed closest to the actual answer.

Example of participation entry

IGN: Tiduspeco
ScreenCapture_2013_10_11_15_09_55.jpg

Victim: Njoror

Murderer: Tiduspeco

Murder Weapon: Pandora's Mallet

Tidus was walking to Prontera castle when this guy named Njoror bumped into him and made Tidus drop his icecream cone on the ground. Njoror laughed and continued to the church. Tidus was angry because that icecream was for a fancy lady named Otirano and he wanted to cheer her up because she couldn't get her AoD weapon. Tidus went into the church behind Njoror while he was praying and bonked him on the head with a Pandora's Mallet. Njoror, being very weak and under-leveled, suffered fatal head injuries and died after 1 hit. Tidus sold Njoror's corpse to Munil the treasure hutnter and she gave him a giant popsicle. Oti will be very pleased. 

Edited by Tiduspeco, 14 November 2013 - 05:07 AM.

#2 Tiduspeco

Tiduspeco

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 709 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 09 October 2013 - 01:37 PM

Sorry Njoror, not accepting answers till tomorrow. I'm gonna have to disqualify you ;)

#3 Zaridragonfly

Zaridragonfly

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 09 October 2013 - 05:37 PM

keQ7kDM.jpg?1

Good thing I wasn't drinking water. I would have choked on it.

#4 Ewari

Ewari

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • LocationNiflheim
  • Server:Twilight

Posted 09 October 2013 - 05:43 PM

Good thing I wasn't drinking water. I would have choked on it.

I.... really hope it wasn't the RO1 MoonlightFlower costume version.

#5 Tiduspeco

Tiduspeco

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 709 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:23 PM

I.... really hope it wasn't the RO1 MoonlightFlower costume version.

Nah it was RO2. She's got cute furry panties.

#6 Gluttannie

Gluttannie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 432 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:38 PM

Omg, Professor Layton RO2 style. Or Ace Attorney. :D Looking forward to this.

#7 inuko23

inuko23

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1182 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos, Odin (RO2)

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:05 PM

Omg, Professor Layton RO2 style. Or Ace Attorney. :D Looking forward to this.

Play one of these songs while you're figuring out who did it xD
Spoiler

#8 Magellon

Magellon

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:00 PM

• Who was murdered?
    Sohee
  • Who was the murderer?
    Sehee
    Knife
  • Where did this happen?
    Payon Forest

#9 Tiduspeco

Tiduspeco

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 709 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 11 October 2013 - 07:26 AM

• Who was murdered?
    Sohee
  • Who was the murderer?
    Sehee
    Knife
  • Where did this happen?
    Payon Forest

You have to submit a screenshot containing the location of the murder and show that the murder weapon is in your inventory. It is an item you can get in-game. I can't count entries without those things.

#10 StrawberriKiwi

StrawberriKiwi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 485 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 10:39 AM

• Who was murdered?
    Fruit 
  • Who was the murderer and where did it happen?
    Mount Manager Taksi
  • ScreenCapture_2013_10_11_12_27_40_zps21e
    After fruit was kidnapped. He went home and hid her in these bags D: 
  • ScreenCapture_2013_10_11_12_28_36_zps166
  • Then, he decided to wash her and abuse her in these pots. Which caused plenty of bruises 
  • ScreenCapture_2013_10_11_12_28_45_zpsc1a
  • and he decapitated her and hung her in front of these popoporings and sold these popoporings at an expensive price to players D: !!! (Sadly, these popoporings will never get a taste of the body of fruit) 
  • ScreenCapture_2013_10_11_12_37_10_zpsfc5
  • IGN: ConPanna 
  • credits to my lovely guildies who let me take pics <3 

#11 QuiBis

QuiBis

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:50 AM

Errr...i've got 3 questions..

1st, we need to create own history of murder?

2nd, or we need to find out place, weapon, murderer depending on that history in 1st post?

3rd, or we need to find thate gravestone somewhere in game? xD

I understood the story, but i can't imagine, what i need to do...heh :p_sick:

#12 VriskaTsubaki

VriskaTsubaki

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts
  • LocationNifflheim
  • Server:Odin (?)

Posted 12 October 2013 - 05:37 AM

Victim: Chef Kate

Murderer: Faceful Madness

Murder Weapon: Magic: Ripped Scripture/ Cuts made by Barren Dual Daggers

IGN: TsubakiSerket 

I was visiting Maple Town, and when talking with my friend Janegert he told me that a famous chef was missing, so I secretly decided to investigate

ScreenCapture_2013_10_12_09_30_08.jpg?t=

After all the investigation, and questions among the townsfolk, it was clear to me, the only posible place to go was the Abandoned Laboratory!

ScreenCapture_2013_10_12_09_33_44.jpg?t=

Thanks to my stealth abilities, I found the lair of the enemy, he was very protected by some kind of mercenaries.... I fear for my life... :'(

ScreenCapture_2013_10_12_09_36_51.jpg?t=

After a hard strugle, I managed to put an end to this poor twisted souls, and started searching the poor Chef Kate.

ScreenCapture_2013_10_12_09_37_52.jpg

I spotted her body, Standing like idle by magic, but multiple cuts and a broken neck gave a quick death to poor Kate... :C

ScreenCapture_2013_10_12_09_38_42.jpg?t=

And now the homicidal weapons

ScreenCapture_2013_10_12_09_39_38.jpg?t=

(Hahahahaha was fun to write down all of this) xD <3

P.D: Peco Chivalry FTW!

Edited by VriskaTsubaki, 12 October 2013 - 05:38 AM.

#13 Tiduspeco

Tiduspeco

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 709 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:48 AM

Errr...i've got 3 questions..

1st, we need to create own history of murder?

2nd, or we need to find out place, weapon, murderer depending on that history in 1st post?

3rd, or we need to find thate gravestone somewhere in game? xD

I understood the story, but i can't imagine, what i need to do...heh :p_sick:

You need to solve my mystery. I've provided an example of an answer at the bottom of the original post. Every few days I will continue the story making it easier to figure out. You can wait till I post a lot of clues before your answer, but you also run the risk of other people getting it correct before you. The part where you make your own mystery happens after somebody solves mine. By taking a guess at my mystery or creating your own, you will recieve a participation prize and an entry into our large bag raffle.

ps: Sadly that gravestone does not exist. Njoror just threw it together for a laugh xD

Edited by Tiduspeco, 12 October 2013 - 08:49 AM.

#14 Auliton

Auliton

I am New.

• Banned
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 05:00 PM

Victim: Kixio

Murderer: Auliton

Murder Weapon: 2 Novice Daggers

IGN: Auliton

1 Day ago.

A mysterious murderer killed in a cruel way to a beautiful girl..

2013-10-11_00001_zps8a85a997.jpg

And hid his body in the river bottom.

2013-10-11_00002_zps060da5fe.jpg

The mysterious murderer left the crime scene quickly.

2013-10-11_00004_zpsb9aed2e1.jpg

Today.

I was in my office waiting for my first case, it was my first day as a detective.

2013-10-11_00006_zpsaf57b419.jpg

Was a lot of people talking about the disappearance of a girl. so I decided to take that as my first case.

Without more began to gather information from the villagers

2013-10-11_00007_zps4aa7ac18.jpg

And a guy told me he saw a mysterious man with 2 daggers carrying a large sack that was heading towards the river

And from there I go to look for evidence

2013-10-11_00013_zps34e7b2c5.jpg

looked everywhere but found nothing suspicious or unusual ... until something blinded me.

2013-10-11_00014_zps4d8bb86d.jpg

I went to see who was and was a dagger covered in blood

2013-10-12_00001_zps701e94d5.jpg

great! already had a clue. so they take her to a forensic expert to examine it and so the whereabouts of the murderer

2013-10-12_00002_zpsad453e06.jpg

already knew where the murderer. so I went to chase him, I found him and we began to flee to an edge prontera castle.

2013-10-11_00016_zpsd4caf109.jpg

I told him to stop and did not resist arrest. the one said: ¨ I live to kill weaker ¨

after hearing that his dagger spot on the floor and jumped the border killing him ... or at least I want to believe

2013-10-11_00017_zps2c2f9e57.jpg

back to my office with my first case solved with both daggers and the thinking that led to Comenter such a crime, and that ended his life. and also because I would leave his dagger to me?.

things like that make me think that the world is a madhouse.

2013-10-12_00003_zpsdc385abb.jpg

Thanks to my friend Kixio to the first photos
PD: Paint for the win!

Edited by Auliton, 13 October 2013 - 05:26 AM.

#15 Tiduspeco

Tiduspeco

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 709 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:12 PM

You guys are putting way too much effort into this xD This is waaaay more than I asked for :P I so appreciate your effort though. I enjoy your stories.

#16 boikill

boikill

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 03:36 PM

where i can see the other clues?

link please :)

#17 Tiduspeco

Tiduspeco

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 709 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 October 2013 - 04:51 PM

where i can see the other clues?

link please :)

By clues, we mean that the story has continued. Every time there's a new clue, I will add more to the story.

#18 TessaFRhodes

TessaFRhodes

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:09 PM

IGN: SilverNeko

Iyhm1mK.jpg

Victim: Munil

Murderer: Ermes Guile

Murder Weapon: Apple infused with poison from an Anaconda Poison Gland

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Murder Mystery:

The day started off so well, I had been able to spend another night with the love of my life even if our relationship had to remain a secret because of his duty. The person who said that the escorts of the Saintess couldn't afford personal entanglements were crazy. Anyways, I had my supply of mallets from his kind sister ready to take back to the academy to restock my supply as the shipments from the main headquarters had once again not made it in time. After saying goodbye I started back, though on my way I was stopped by my beloved's sister wanting to show me something before I left. She came with me through part of my journey until we came to the waterfall. I hesitated at first, I hated getting my dress wet, but I followed her because of her continued insistence. Wading through the pool, I couldn't help gasping as the water washed over me as I passed through the waterfall. I really should have been paying more attention though as we neared a strange purple globe instead of lamenting my dress and ruined hair. The crushing blow to the back of my head left me in shock, the last few moments of my life watching my once sun kissed hair that fell into my face slowly turn crimson as one of the people I trusted most stood over me telling me I shouldn't have tried seducing her idiot, lazy brother from his path in life. 

So, who am I, who killed me, where was I killed and what was the weapon?

#19 TessaFRhodes

TessaFRhodes

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:45 AM

Come on, I made it simple, no guesses at all?

#20 Leyona

Leyona

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:15 AM

IGN: SilverNeko

Iyhm1mK.jpg

Victim: Munil

Murderer: Ermes Guile

Murder Weapon: Apple infused with poison from an Anaconda Poison Gland

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Murder Mystery:

The day started off so well, I had been able to spend another night with the love of my life even if our relationship had to remain a secret because of his duty. The person who said that the escorts of the Saintess couldn't afford personal entanglements were crazy. Anyways, I had my supply of mallets from his kind sister ready to take back to the academy to restock my supply as the shipments from the main headquarters had once again not made it in time. After saying goodbye I started back, though on my way I was stopped by my beloved's sister wanting to show me something before I left. She came with me through part of my journey until we came to the waterfall. I hesitated at first, I hated getting my dress wet, but I followed her because of her continued insistence. Wading through the pool, I couldn't help gasping as the water washed over me as I passed through the waterfall. I really should have been paying more attention though as we neared a strange purple globe instead of lamenting my dress and ruined hair. The crushing blow to the back of my head left me in shock, the last few moments of my life watching my once sun kissed hair that fell into my face slowly turn crimson as one of the people I trusted most stood over me telling me I shouldn't have tried seducing her idiot, lazy brother from his path in life. 

So, who am I, who killed me, where was I killed and what was the weapon?

IGN: Leyona

Victim: Kafra Milennia

Murderer: Repair Expert Glain

Murder Weapon: Pandora's Mallet

Attached Images

• murder.png

#21 TessaFRhodes

TessaFRhodes

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:37 AM

You got it, was beginning to wonder if anyone would despite making it kind of easy.

#22 Leyona

Leyona

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:50 PM

You got it, was beginning to wonder if anyone would despite making it kind of easy.

Oh yay! I wasn't sure if it was Kafra Milennia but she was the only one with "sun kissed hair" and a dress around West Mt.Mjolnir... xD

Edited by Leyona, 18 October 2013 - 04:50 PM.

#23 Tiduspeco

Tiduspeco

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 709 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:34 PM

Adding new clues in a few hours!

#24 ZerONegativE

ZerONegativE

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 02:30 AM

mR.Tiduspeco,, your adding clues coz no one is getting it right as of now right?

#25 TessaFRhodes

TessaFRhodes

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:17 AM

Oh yay! I wasn't sure if it was Kafra Milennia but she was the only one with "sun kissed hair" and a dress around West Mt.Mjolnir... xD

You had it right, I tried to make it kind of easy so I was surprised it took so long for someone to get it. :p_laugh:

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users