God Items and Seals - Proposal - Page 17 - Foundry Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

God Items and Seals - Proposal

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
444 replies to this topic

#401 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:11 PM

Honestly they do all those things with okolnir and valk mvp camping, so for THEM it isn't valid and you know it.

#402 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Server:Classic

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:13 PM

This thread is getting nowhere. Its just people gloating about imaginary things and insulting other people. Lock this and ban the people that are here just to derail the discussion. I want improvements, not a piss poor ego measuring contest.

#403 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:15 PM

The guilds that don't want to should not have items.

This quest doesn't guarantee you an item either.

You realise that the number of guilds that cant VASTLY outweighs the number of guilds that wont right? There's plenty of guilds who would REALLY love to make the item sets they have, but the old system was really not very suitable anymore.

This quest may not guarantee you an item on your first attempt in the dungeon, but it doesnt mean someone else makes an item at your expense rewarding you with precisely jack -_-. You will always have your kill quests and can still complete an item from the tokens you have created/bought whatever.

#404 Tolrin

Tolrin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:35 PM

Did... you guys even read my post?  The new system encourages guilds to actually do the quests.  Under the old system, a guild who did not contribute to the seal roll could complete an item.  This encouraged guilds to not put forth any effort to complete quests.  Since the changes, lots of guilds have been completing quests and gathering up tokens to make items.  It takes time, because most people aren't going to sit down and do dozens of quests per day, but it doesn't matter because now progress can be tracked on a personal level by gathering the tokens, which means seals roll, and people make items.  The seals have already finished several times since the changes, which is a massive improvement over the previous system.

As far as the personal attacks go, the reason the server is all allied against us is that we repeatedly turn down alliance requests since I don't feel there are enough guilds on the server to support large alliances.

Long story short, you guys need to learn to read, because when you say "guilds who don't put in effort don't deserve rewards" in disagreement with my post right after I say "the old system allowed guilds who put in no effort to receive rewards" I don't even know how to respond.

#405 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:35 PM

Take a breath.

I don't see near as big of a pissing contest as you're seeing.

You also didn't see the difference of "a month or two" vs years and years. I don't trust your eyes :P

I agree 100% about the ally thing. I understand the new quest "encourages" ally stuff, but what's really killing the server is 4-6 guilds vs 1~2 guilds. It's not worth time to even log in for woe at the current state of the server.

Edited by Gn1ydnu, 07 January 2014 - 10:39 PM.

#406 Rythen

Rythen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 959 posts
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:RE:Start

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:36 PM

You also didn't see the difference of "a month or two" vs years and years. I don't trust your eyes :P

Well, to be fair I corrected myself and left it at that. You know, without pushing the subject because I realised I was mistaken.

Adults do that.

#407 Xealix

Xealix

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 189 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:37 PM

Did... you guys even read my post?  The new system encourages guilds to actually do the quests.  Under the old system, a guild who did not contribute to the seal roll could complete an item.  This encouraged guilds to not put forth any effort to complete quests.  Since the changes, lots of guilds have been completing quests and gathering up tokens to make items.  It takes time, because most people aren't going to sit down and do dozens of quests per day, but it doesn't matter because now progress can be tracked on a personal level by gathering the tokens, which means seals roll, and people make items.  The seals have already finished several times since the changes, which is a massive improvement over the previous system.

As far as the personal attacks go, the reason the server is all allied against us is that we repeatedly turn down alliance requests since I don't feel there are enough guilds on the server to support large alliances.

Long story short, you guys need to learn to read, because when you say "guilds who don't put in effort don't deserve rewards" in disagreement with my post right after I say "the old system allowed guilds who put in no effort to receive rewards" I don't even know how to respond.

A+ Tolrin post. You see I'm waving the big shiny thing in my direction. I'll stop now.

#408 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:43 PM

You didn't read my post at all. The seals have rolled twice (twice is several now????) since the previous system and both times I actually was responsible for that.

So you use all your chars gathering tokens... then what? You wait for someone else (probably someone like me) to roll the seals.

Am I supposed to be ok with that? I have to get tokens too, then carry you on my back!

It wasn't a personal attack, it was a political observation. But here's one for you. I am going to put this in my sig on wiki or something because you're the guy that got allies when nobody else had one. The reason people don't like you is because of things like "you guys deserved to be DDOSed" or that video that cyber posted of your LK. Don't know which one? Naughty naughty Tolrin.

I personally don't like you because people in your guild complain about how nobody in Valk wants to do anything and expects to ninja/be carried/wait till everyone quits. This topic demonstrated that very well. So just making sure you understand , nobody likes your guild nor wants to ally you.

And just FYI, there are no alliances bigger than 2. The server isn't allied against you. That is delusional. You're allied to AnO, don't pull that pariah crap because guilds allied to 2v2 you.

Back on Topic though, multiple creations are a huge issue, unfortunately if they're done away with, a huge ninja problem becomes apparent.

To clarify, there is one person on this server right now with a complete kill count (due to a quest bug) - who will just walk in and ride off someone else's work next seal roll.

Would anybody be ok with rolling the seals AND killing the MVP for him whilst he sits around waiting to talk to the npc? I don't see that as ok.

Edited by Xellie, 07 January 2014 - 10:44 PM.

#409 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:44 PM

Well, to be fair I corrected myself and left it at that. You know, without pushing the subject because I realised I was mistaken.
Adults do that.

Relax, I was just poking some fun! Hence the cute smiley face. Nothing to get worked up about, kid. :)

#410 Tolrin

Tolrin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:54 PM

How the hell do you think guilds gather tokens without contributing to the seal rolls?  You can't seriously be convinced that valhalla rolled the seals twice since the quests changed can you?  I'd also love to see you find an actual quote of me saying anything even close to "you guys deserved to be DDOSed," as I don't believe that I've ever said anything even remotely resembling that "quote."  Also, maybe you can help me with counting to two, because Valhalla + 2ez + synthesis = 2?

Edited by Tolrin, 07 January 2014 - 10:55 PM.

#411 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:59 PM

How the hell do you think guilds gather tokens without contributing to the seal rolls?  You can't seriously be convinced that valhalla rolled the seals twice since the quests changed can you?  I'd also love to see you find an actual quote of me saying anything even close to "you guys deserved to be DDOSed," as I don't believe that I've ever said anything even remotely resembling that "quote."  Also, maybe you can help me with counting to two, because Valhalla + 2ez + synthesis = 2?

I know that I put 20 + 48 through seal 2, most of seal 3 solo (70+ / including a reset) and 40+ through seal 4 the first time.

The second time I put 30+ through seal 2 and 26 +14  through seal 3 (after half way point) and again another 40+ through seal 4.

I smell someone hoping to buy them~~~

Syn and 2ez aren't allied. I ally anyone that is outnumbered by your alliance to even it up. Syn aren't involved when wc/vh attack you and wc weren't involved when you attacked us in vf1.

And yeah.... your guildmembers did. They reflect on you.

Regardless, it's not relevant. A few people taking a couple of quests once or twice every roll isn't much in the grand scheme of things, eventually you WILL have to roll the seals. And you WILL have to time it for your party. You don't need to be a master tactician to see this fact. Me telling you this is pretty detrimental to my own guild, really. But I feel like you just haven't thought the entire process through!

Edited by Xellie, 07 January 2014 - 11:03 PM.

#412 Tolrin

Tolrin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:06 PM

So now 70 = 100, 2 = 3, 1 = 2, and 1v1 means we outnumber the other guild?

Now I understand where our differences in opinions come from.

#413 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:09 PM

So now 70 = 100, 2 = 3, 1 = 2, and 1v1 means we outnumber the other guild?

Now I understand where our differences in opinions come from.

It's not like we did 100% of seal 3 the first time and 80% of seal 4 and 90% of seal 2 or anything the first time around?

The % was slightly lower for the second time, but that's because I was jacking someone else's seal roll who ran out of chars so I could snipe the quest away from them.

And what's this 1v1 thing? Didn't I give you a fair 1v1 in payon 3 this saturday? I don't call allies unless I have less than 10 people or you have an ally or both. I don't think we've EVER come at you with 3 guilds.

Your strategy was bad, that's all. I'm not going to recall into a fort you are CLEARLY going to abandon.

Where are you getting "3" from?

Edited by Xellie, 07 January 2014 - 11:11 PM.

#414 Tolrin

Tolrin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:17 PM

the 1v1 I am talking about is last woe2, where when we were 1v1 against wrecking crew, you recalled in defense of them. I get "3" from that situation because the only reason you are able to recall in defense of the third guild in your alliance is due to the second guild in your alliance holding your own fort, allowing you to move out of it safely.  I'm not saying it's a bad strategy, but its easy to count the numbers.  As far as payon 3 on saturday, I'm not sure if you noticed, but my guild didn't have a bard online until about 40 minutes into siege, and we only had about 18 players online total.

Edited by Tolrin, 07 January 2014 - 11:18 PM.

#415 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:26 PM

the 1v1 I am talking about is last woe2, where when we were 1v1 against wrecking crew, you recalled in defense of them. I get "3" from that situation because the only reason you are able to recall in defense of the third guild in your alliance is due to the second guild in your alliance holding your own fort, allowing you to move out of it safely.  I'm not saying it's a bad strategy, but its easy to count the numbers.  As far as payon 3 on saturday, I'm not sure if you noticed, but my guild didn't have a bard online until about 40 minutes into siege, and we only had about 18 players online total.

You weren't 1v1... AnO recalled behind them before I arrived. I saw the video! I also watched him with MP try to sneak behind for a second recall when I was there. So that was a fair 2v2 imo.

As far as VF1 is concerned, I let synthesis defend it because they are the people using it for asprikas, not I. Again, I showed up to help them when you rolled in with your "alliance" Most of the time I didn't even bother recalling because apparently I alone was enough. 99% of the time it was valk vs synthesis alone (well synthesis and me, but maybe I count as one woman army). I only recalled when AnO showed up.

As far as saturday...? 18 is more than we had on. I could be mean but how you run your guild is your business. Strings had nothing to do with your issues.

You also forgot that I allied HB to break AnO. ^.~

The enemy of my enemy is my friend!

#416 Rythen

Rythen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 959 posts
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:RE:Start

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:29 PM

How did strings have anything to do with anything?

#417 VolunteerMod09

VolunteerMod09

Amateur Blogger

• VMod Retired
  • 483 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:38 PM

Guys guys, put the flamethrowers away for now. Keep this thread clean and please stay on topic.

#418 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:39 PM

Yeah, I thought we were discussing seal ninja mechanics, wth.

If you wanna banter politics Tolrin, hit me up in PM :P

#419 Xealix

Xealix

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 189 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:54 PM

It does if I'm smiling :)

#420 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:56 PM

The quest/process doesn't seem that hard, if you want a god item then go make one.

#421 Xealix

Xealix

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 189 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:57 PM

The quest/process doesn't seem that hard, if you want a god item then go make one.

+1. Only things that need changed are multiple creations on one roll and no ultra-ninjaing (create gap between start and spawn somehow)

Edited by Xealix, 07 January 2014 - 11:57 PM.

#422 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 08 January 2014 - 12:01 AM

Ok! I will!

There should be some kind of bonus for being the group that kill the mvp tho. I just don't like how easy and freeride it actually can potentially be, when someone else has to do all that work ( roll seals / kill mvp instead of just roll seals)

#423 Xealix

Xealix

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 189 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 08 January 2014 - 12:02 AM

Maybe at least require the guild leader with the kill quest be on screen of it when it dies.

Here's a twist for you!!!

At the creation door, put that rock paper scissors OG gangster dwarf as the final step.

Edited by Xealix, 08 January 2014 - 12:04 AM.

#424 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 08 January 2014 - 12:03 AM

They also need to do something about the weight of god sets if they expect a guildleader to be in a potential vs the server situation.

I can't stress this enough, it's HUGE.

#425 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 12:05 AM

Maybe at least require the guild leader with the kill quest be on screen of it when it dies.

stupid if you can tele the mvp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users