• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 gnxx

gnxx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:18 PM

How many kings is farmable at that point? All orlo kings? Can you still farm Ruin's kings?

Also, I see that there's 2 type of spawn for kings: timer and tactical. Is it still there now, or everything is timer based now?

Are there any benefit on going to 230 compared to 22X? since it's quite slow to level to 230...

Edited by gnxx, 15 October 2013 - 11:24 PM.

#2 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 16 October 2013 - 04:27 AM

For pvp, you have to get to 230 or else you don't stand a chance (lvl difference makes you deal less dmg/take more dmg). Although this also holds true for pvm, it's not as big of a difference and you don't necessarily have to get to 230 (although for dungeons it can be useful to be max lvl). The kings in ruins can not be farmed any longer at 230, they will be too low (perhaps the bone spider king is still green at 230, but that is still less drop chance and not a lot of chance to be worth it. Also, all the other kings would be grey or blue). Every orlo king is farmable at 230.

#3 gnxx

gnxx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:52 AM

Oh, thanks. If that's the case probably I will just stay around 22X while getting some money for the gears. Leveling is quite annoying for me now

How many Kings on ruins again? 4 Pantharis, 2 Aplysia, 2 Bone Spider? I rarely see people killing kings in ruins now (probably luck or people just not in level range anymore), so probably it's better than farming in orlo. The magic based is quite annoying since I still haven't make a cleric though... But probably I can survive with buff potions

Edited by gnxx, 16 October 2013 - 08:52 AM.

#4 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 16 October 2013 - 12:17 PM

Don't forget, there is a Sikuku king too. Don't know how many, two at least. Almost all kings are on a timer, with the known exception of the T rex King. That one has at least one tactical spawn.

#5 BlowInTheDark

BlowInTheDark

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • LocationComodo
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:02 PM

I am able to solo farm most orlo kings at 180+.. Slow, yes.. but do-able.  :boogie:

#6 DrunkinMonkey

DrunkinMonkey

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 630 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/Slothnessmonst1
  • LocationBrisbane / QLD / Australia (GMT+10)
  • Server:There can be only one :D

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:06 PM

bone spider in ruins is yellow at 230 im told was doing a king run with a friend on my buffer that is 220 while he was on a mor when I took him to bone spiders he was surprised it was still yellow to him

#7 gnxx

gnxx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 06:34 AM

those with physical attacks are quite easy with champion. The magic attacks ones are quite a pain

#8 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 17 October 2013 - 06:37 AM

Most bosses in general are easy. All you really need is half decent gear, and potions/food. I have a 217 champion that I hunt bosses with, most are killed within 5 minutes and are easy to do. The magic attack ones, although a pain cause they do a lot of damage, drop dead a lot quicker than every other boss due to low defense. Except for the bone spider king, I don't recommend doing him on half-assed gear. He can AOE stun, and if you're then overrun by the king and his minions = death.

#9 DrunkinMonkey

DrunkinMonkey

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:39 PM

I agree try do some dungeon runs (there quite fun) & get yourself a lvl200 valor set of gear even at +10 the bonuses are quite significant

#10 gnxx

gnxx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:32 PM

Never did dungeon before. Where's a good place to start? Or everything is the same?

Also, what's the average completion time right now? I have trouble finding time to play right now.

Edited by gnxx, 17 October 2013 - 05:40 PM.

#11 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:46 PM

A quick cave of ulverick run is 5 minutes and under, but depending on your team composition it can take longer times.

The other two dungeons take a bit longer.

#12 Nifa

Nifa

Artisan Representative

• Members
  • 580 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:24 PM

Average caves run is about 10 minutes.

Average Halls run is about 18 minutes.

Average SoD run is about 35 minutes.

(I think. I'm basically just guesstimating averages after the recent Patch that increased pvm bonuses. My averages (maybe 5 minutes longer) come from before that patch).

This is going on a team of people trying to safely complete the runs with no deaths and great caution.

Depending on when you play w.r.t server time, there won't be any dungeons running, and you need 3 people to start a dungeon.

If you're on Draco, I'd happily take you on a run ~

#13 kalfak2

kalfak2

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:45 PM

guys what do you mean by tactical spawn?

like, king spawns weather you kill monsters around it?

#14 claw68

claw68

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 866 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:01 AM

Timer spawns are spawns that have fixed time interval after the last one was killed.

Tactical spawns are spawns that requires you to kill the underlings to obtain a random monster spawn with higher rank.

Mixed spawns are spawns that switches between timer and tactical type based on the time interval of the last kill.

#15 gnxx

gnxx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:51 AM

Depending on when you play w.r.t server time, there won't be any dungeons running, and you need 3 people to start a dungeon.

If you're on Draco, I'd happily take you on a run ~

Well, thanks. I'm in draco, but It's kind of hard since I don't know when I can go ol though.

Anyway, I tried CoU today, but doesn't seem like I get anything other than valor points. How do you know if I get some reward or not?

#16 Nifa

Nifa

Artisan Representative

• Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:31 AM

Check your system messages, and your inventory. You can get an item, a box...(not in caves but the other two), or lisent U/hermes.

It should say something like

Reward valor 50

Received [item]

#17 gnxx

gnxx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:41 PM

oh, that means I got none

thank you

#18 Nifa

Nifa

Artisan Representative

• Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:36 PM

All dungeons 200+ guarantee you a reward book/item/etc. 

Just drop me a line on forums if you ever want. I'm always around ^^

#19 gnxx

gnxx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 11:00 PM

Oh strange... I'm pretty sure I got none in my first run. I got some items in other attempt though

Anyway, tried the cave a few times. Most of the time people just rush to clear the dungeon without even talking. There's one time I got party that play safe while talking. It's much more fun IMO (clear time is obviously longer, but not that matter)

#20 Nifa

Nifa

Artisan Representative

• Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 12:45 AM

I've never really run a dungeon with much talking in group. These days I usually only run grouped up with friends/clannies, so we talk in PM/clan chat. There is not much to say other than Hi and Ty when running with randoms?

#21 gnxx

gnxx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 01:46 AM

maybe you're right that there's almost nothing to talk to with strangers, but it's still interesting if I ever find someone who do talk :P

#22 gnxx

gnxx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:12 AM

So, I saw that there used to be a bug where you will be automaticly kicked out of dungeon if you're queueing for more than 1 dungeon? Is this bug still there?

#23 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:19 AM

I'm not too sure about that one, but for safety it would be best if you just queue for one type at once.

#24 Nifa

Nifa

Artisan Representative

• Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:38 AM

I think the bug's still there. Seen several people kicked right after flashing in.

#25 DrunkinMonkey

DrunkinMonkey

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 02:11 PM

I have been doing dungeons for almost a wk now and unless I have a party I quite often que for 2 at a time no drama's here im on leo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users