I miss the old Rose parties. - ROSE Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

I miss the old Rose parties.

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#1 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:47 AM

A few days ago, I was leveling a character. I went to OT, and found a party. I was hardly in it, when I was asked to bring a cleric or sacri along. I started playing this game 3.5 years ago, and when I leveled then, no one brought their max level cleric, or a sacri along. We just got as close to six people as we could, and did the best we could. Now, if you can even get a party, they all start botting right away, or go afk and just leech. Where is the conversation and socialization? I don't want to be in a party with botters, but it seems like everyone does it. They even say in all chat, " I am going on auto now". I don't understand this. If you don't have time to play, or don't like leveling/farming, why do it? I just keep hoping that someday I will find a party, where the people are actually there!

#2 jacobpalmer

jacobpalmer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:57 AM

I miss the old Rose! It started going downhill back in 2007, lets hope Leonis can actually bring it back, that however, I doubt.

#3 RoFoN

RoFoN

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 119 posts
  • LocationISS
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:07 AM

This is all too accurate. I RARELY find a single party that doesn't have at least 2 or so people in it botting and the rest afk. It's dull and boring.. I remember back in the days when I would come home from school and look forward to going to gorge of silence and grind for hours with friends while chit chatting the night away... Now, more than half the time I spend leveling is by myself because sitting in a botting party isn't fun at all. It takes away a very large chunk of the experience of actually PLAYING the game. I almost feel like i'm playing rose in my own little single-player world sometimes.

#4 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:16 AM

Please report those players if you aren't already.

But be warned, as this will be the early warning, areas we find being 'farmed' in this manner, will be getting updated treatments to make the idea of 'afk partying' difficult as time goes on.

As mentioned in the Streams, the Sikuku Prison is the first map to be receiving this treatment and will be ready soon.

#5 SlowBob

SlowBob

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 1718 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:33 AM

i fully agree with you pdfisher, this was the main reason why my new toon stayed at lvl 130 for now, lvling with a bunch of bots is simply boring....

#6 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:34 AM

Well Leo, OT, Ruins, Kenji Beach, Prison are the places to go to see botters. If I reported every person I found botting, I would NEVER find a party. Idk, maybe that is the way to go. OFC it is very hard to prove botting just by SS, and I don't have anything to make videos. Idk what to do, I guess just try to find a party. I was just in the ruins, shouting for a party, NO ONE answered but one person. The rest are all afk, botting, or don't speak english :(

#7 SlowBob

SlowBob

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 1718 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:38 AM

Or just tell Zurn that he doesn't need his 1h sleep per day, instead of sleeping he could hunt some bots :P

#8 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:57 AM

...But I need some sleep D:

I also don't really do that since I don't the proper ways to handle it, but ShazamO now that there is the guy to talk to!

#9 SlowBob

SlowBob

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 1718 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:59 AM

But you are Super-Zurn!

Reads through the forums and wikis during the day, fights bots in the night!

Edited by SlowBob, 16 October 2013 - 11:08 AM.

#10 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:07 AM

I don't "Manage" the forums, just look at them :P

Wiki is more or less just accepting/declining requests for accounts, and maybe poking someone here and there about a page/info.

#11 SlowBob

SlowBob

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 1718 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:09 AM

*fixed*

means you got enoth spare time to fight the crime :P

#12 RoFoN

RoFoN

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 119 posts
  • LocationISS

Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:15 AM

He's always fighting crime in junon :V

#13 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 12:12 PM

Bob, Zurn is usually on Draconis anyway, I play Leonis server. And if you and Logi ever want to get together with me, we can start a real party, and have fun. Zurn is more than welcome to join, as long as he actually plays. :P

#14 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 12:21 PM

Hey! I play...some times... :D

#15 SlowBob

SlowBob

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 1718 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 12:26 PM

Sounds like a plan :)

#16 DrunkinMonkey

DrunkinMonkey

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 630 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/Slothnessmonst1
  • LocationBrisbane / QLD / Australia (GMT+10)
  • Server:There can be only one :D

Posted 16 October 2013 - 12:34 PM

this is very true as is the areas mainly used for botting.. I have several characters at prison that I havnt levelled (160+) because I cant get a party (finally got one last night but had to get some sleep ><)

the same goes for my lvl200-210s (I havn't played my mains much since lvl cap was raised from 210) I can never get a good lvling spot for 210+ especially all matyx spots are almost exclusively taken by botters (and on the odd occasion full partys) and the other spots are super slow lvling + crappy drops...

however if u are lvl200+ I found lvling in dungeons CoU & HoO a lot more fun (I havnt tried the other one yet) and a great way to make friends to do regular runs with that are on in your timezone)

iv always played multi clients even back when you couldn't duel client I used 2 or 3 computers to play 1 was a buffer 1 afk or shop and 1 I was lvling but Fisher you are correct still in the fact that EVERY party u finally get wants you to have a buffer or some kind of lurer especially if your not a class that has a heap of AOE which gets quite annoying as sometimes I just wanna play one character and relax, enjoy using the noob iv made

#17 EmoCutt

EmoCutt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1963 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 12:40 PM

Yeah ive recently leveled a new character on Draconis, every party just ends up being botters. :l But i did find one yesterday that had no botters! Talked a lot, like the good ol' days. :P

#18 SlowBob

SlowBob

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 1718 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 01:10 PM

Well volks about the cleric/tank/aoe topic: Especially when it comes to lvling from 1-150 i often created partys for "meles" only (before the skill update), the pros of those partys: no bots, the volks who normaly couldn't find a pt got slots, epic conversations, beside that, if you select good spots for your pt (not just the 0815 afk spots) you are lvling as fast as an aoe pt :) We had a lot of fun with those, if someone starts to bot: kick, that simple.

Also if someone insits that you bring a high lvl char or an epic aoe and i realy mean insist, not just asks for them, i'm used to remember their names, those volks won't get an invite by me.

However i have to say it's getting harder and harder to find people who would like to join such partys, the main reason is that bots are rarely banned.

The other reason is that people don't think that they can lvl fast without an aoe, i guess it's on us, the older players to show them how wrong they are.

What i would realy like to see is that a GM checks 5 random spots a day for bots (at each server). I know that the poor GM's are overworked, however in total 10 spots should be possible.

#19 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:13 AM

I fully agree on this. I've been trying to lvl a 121 mage for quite some time, but the game seems to be telling me to quit bothering.

Either I get fully ignored (wether they're there or not), they flat out refuse or tell me to do the golem quest.

#20 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/angelltjee

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:02 AM

if i go party with my friends i always stay with my laptop and i love to chat and often i say gratz and if i notice ppl go all afk than i kick them and sometimes even leave.

i hate a party where people are not even there

#21 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:27 PM

I feel so badly for the few new players around.  When they ask where to level I always ask what level they are and send them to the best area for them.  but unless they go to one of the "best" leveling places they can't get a party and the parties at the best places are mostly botting or rude as hell.  The get so frustrated they just quit.  I met a guy the other night that has made 6 characters up to level 50 just to play.  But he said after that the quests are too confusing or don't do much and he can't get a party.  He has explored the maps around at his level and said they are mostly dead (which is true).  

I know Leo said he is starting to revamp Prison to keep people from botting but there are a lot of lower level places that need help more than there.  And Ruins and Orlo are really bad.  

I don't know what we can do until we get more people in game.  It is so sad as an old player to see so many empty and unused maps, then at the busy maps no one talks since they are usually botting.  I met so many good friends through this game and leveling.  But just stopping botters is not the only answer, fixing maps is not the only answer, advertising for new players is not the only answer.......it is very complicated I am sure.

#22 superevil666

superevil666

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:43 PM

i remember parties at elveroon aquas, anima lake aquas kenji beach, canyon...etc....game looks sooo dead now.

#23 cuddlycowey

cuddlycowey

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 264 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:15 PM

A few days ago, I was leveling a character. I went to OT, and found a party. I was hardly in it, when I was asked to bring a cleric or sacri along. I started playing this game 3.5 years ago, and when I leveled then, no one brought their max level cleric, or a sacri along. We just got as close to six people as we could, and did the best we could. Now, if you can even get a party, they all start botting right away, or go afk and just leech. Where is the conversation and socialization? I don't want to be in a party with botters, but it seems like everyone does it. They even say in all chat, " I am going on auto now". I don't understand this. If you don't have time to play, or don't like leveling/farming, why do it? I just keep hoping that someday I will find a party, where the people are actually there!

People bot because end game is what matters, not wasting your time leveling when you could be at work or doing schoolwork. also every single "good item" you have is due to botters providing for the market. think twice before you complain about something you are mad at because you don't / can't do it. the day every botter and botting program gets removed is the day prices on everything skyrocket and eventually fade out to being like irose where nobody had anything for years...

so put your pros in one hand and the cons in another and honestly the pros for botting outweigh the cons from my perspective

*I am in no way admitting I bot*

I just enjoy the groups with them in it and I also would like to add my computer is awesome and I am always running/afking my clients along with actually having a sacri knight and aoe characters.

I am sorry but the people that can afford good things to help them play a game should not be hated for. that's straight up jealousy from you the complainer. think of this as real life situation please. people who can afford things to help them naturally do better in life. same applies for this and every other game.

I don't understand this, if you don't have the money and skills to increase your gaming efficiency or lack the drive to better yourself instead of complain, why even bother trying to be pro? I just hoping one day I find people who actually realize what the game would be like if they actually got their way.

#24 superevil666

superevil666

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:16 PM

People bot because end game is what matters, not wasting your time leveling when you could be at work or doing schoolwork. also every single "good item" you have is due to botters providing for the market. think twice before you complain about something you are mad at because you don't / can't do it. the day every botter and botting program gets removed is the day prices on everything skyrocket and eventually fade out to being like irose where nobody had anything for years...

so put your pros in one hand and the cons in another and honestly the pros for botting outweigh the cons from my perspective

*I am in no way admitting I bot*

I just enjoy the groups with them in it and I also would like to add my computer is awesome and I am always running/afking my clients along with actually having a sacri knight and aoe characters.

I am sorry but the people that can afford good things to help them play a game should not be hated for. that's straight up jealousy from you the complainer. think of this as real life situation please. people who can afford things to help them naturally do better in life. same applies for this and every other game.

I don't understand this, if you don't have the money and skills to increase your gaming efficiency or lack the drive to better yourself instead of complain, why even bother trying to be pro? I just hoping one day I find people who actually realize what the game would be like if they actually got their way.

Are you serious...or just trolling?

Edited by superevil666, 17 October 2013 - 11:16 PM.

#25 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:11 AM

the real life situation is he people who break into your home and steal your stuff. your trying to suggest the person that got robbed is jealous of the person who stole their stuff. its pretty clear you bot as well, you can't be that pro-botting and not actually do it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users