I miss the old Rose parties. - Page 3 - ROSE Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

I miss the old Rose parties.

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#51 SlowBob

SlowBob

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 1718 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:54 PM

• bots have been a way less common, beside that, the hardware those days was pretty slow, noone was able to run 6 clients with bots at one computer, not even 3.
  • if 1 out of 300 people botted those days now every second is doing it.
  • noone thinks that the game will fix itselfe if bots are gone, however it would have only positiv consequences.
  • the reason i'm here isn't about complaining, what bugs me more is your ignorant and closed minded view on the topic.

Edited by SlowBob, 21 October 2013 - 03:55 PM.

#52 coalchamberloco

coalchamberloco

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • Server:leo

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:09 PM

I have 11 level 230 guys, (1 mage 2 clerics 2 scouts 2 raiders 1 arti 1 bourg 1 knight 1 champ) and a few 220 guys that never got touched after the level cap increased. 

Back when I started playing I met a lot of people, and they were always starting new characters.  I would make one with them, to help them level up.  Not once did I bot, nor ever allow a botter into my party.  If you play the game long enough you end up with more max level characters than you need.  I see no reason to rush to having so many different classes.  Why cheat to level a guy who will be worthless without gear at max level anyway?

#53 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 22 October 2013 - 02:45 AM

It's not like we are going to change Cowey's opinion.  To us it is dead wrong and to the Devs Botting is wrong.  Not even worth the debate anymore.  Those people with principles will play the game the fair way, those without will find short cuts, take advantage of glitches, etc and then protest that it is the right way to go.  Remember the people that say well yeah I took advantage of that glitch/bug because Gravity had it in game so it wasn't wrong to do.  If they didn't want us doing it they would fix it.  Kind of like the guy that goes to the ATM and wants to withdraw $20 but there is a glitch and he gets $2,000.  Obviously there was a glitch but some would feel oh well, the banks fault I win.  There is no fix for that kind of behavior.  The more we point out all the reasons why Cowey and others like him are wrong, the more he will try to justify why he is right.  Botting is against the rules, plain and simple.  And if Gravity had more staff those people would be and should be banned.

#54 Cracker

Cracker

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts
  • LocationLess QQ more PewPew
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 October 2013 - 03:33 AM

Old Rose parties were the best because each class brought their own unique buff skill to the group, not just  a cleric handing them out.  Again to solve the problem with botting, open world pvp with exceptions to towns.  Seems like such a simple fix and has so much appeal.  I might even patch my Rose account for something like that.

#55 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:33 AM

The reason Leo added/changed class buffs in the skill update and added charm as the way to increase your buffs was to encourage those Old parties to come back to game play.  There are some people who have one of each class with charm on their chars.  They get in a party and buff up with all of the best self/party buffs to one character and then PVP on the one character.  Not the intended way to do it but enterprising.  If people could get out of the mindset that their one main offensive character has to be OP and instead build them to be a part of a group/party then it would work out better.  But with a reduced population (from the old days) and different attitudes in Rose the concept has not reached fruition at this time.  But I really do miss the old parties and atmosphere of Rose.  Some of us still do all we can to try to preserve it, even if only in our own circle of friends and clannies.

And unfortunately if you made all the maps PVP then those poor lower level people trying to level that are not botting will be killed for the shear fun some people take in killing random people that are lower level then they are.  So at this point I would rather keep the botters if that is the only option.

#56 Banrukai

Banrukai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Location中国China
  • Server:.¤·°­·.¸ Arua ¸.·°­·¤.

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:08 AM

Old Rose parties were the best because each class brought their own unique buff skill to the group, not just  a cleric handing them out.  Again to solve the problem with botting, open world pvp with exceptions to towns.  Seems like such a simple fix and has so much appeal.  I might even patch my Rose account for something like that.

I made a suggestion like that once. It would be pretty nice.

But it was mainly setup to give every level a chance to fight people their own level, or within range, not just free for all.

#57 thebusiness

thebusiness

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 02:02 PM

People bot because end game is what matters, not wasting your time leveling when you could be at work or doing schoolwork. also every single "good item" you have is due to botters providing for the market. think twice before you complain about something you are mad at because you don't / can't do it. the day every botter and botting program gets removed is the day prices on everything skyrocket and eventually fade out to being like irose where nobody had anything for years...

so put your pros in one hand and the cons in another and honestly the pros for botting outweigh the cons from my perspective

*I am in no way admitting I bot*

I just enjoy the groups with them in it and I also would like to add my computer is awesome and I am always running/afking my clients along with actually having a sacri knight and aoe characters.

I am sorry but the people that can afford good things to help them play a game should not be hated for. that's straight up jealousy from you the complainer. think of this as real life situation please. people who can afford things to help them naturally do better in life. same applies for this and every other game.

I don't understand this, if you don't have the money and skills to increase your gaming efficiency or lack the drive to better yourself instead of complain, why even bother trying to be pro? I just hoping one day I find people who actually realize what the game would be like if they actually got their way.

He's right. The fact that these people sell these 20 stacks of lisent hg is due to the botters, they make all the supplies readily available.

However, you thinking that's a good thing is just a matter of opinion. I'd rather everyone have weak gear than everyone having OP gear. Everyone having to actually communicate when they level. Now eveyrone has the same refine 15 gear and no one's crazy luck or hard work shows.

#58 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 22 October 2013 - 02:02 PM

Those 20 stacks of lisent HG are due to the pirate event mostly~

#59 cuddlycowey

cuddlycowey

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 264 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:36 AM

He's right. The fact that these people sell these 20 stacks of lisent hg is due to the botters, they make all the supplies readily available.

However, you thinking that's a good thing is just a matter of opinion. I'd rather everyone have weak gear than everyone having OP gear. Everyone having to actually communicate when they level. Now eveyrone has the same refine 15 gear and no one's crazy luck or hard work shows.

yes it is a matter of opinion and I dislike being hated because of my opinion..... and those stacks of lisents is because of the pirate event.

#60 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:32 PM

ehh, it might appeal to a very select few, but the majority of people who play MMO's dont like open world pvp. quite a lot (myself included) would quit the game if anything like that ever happened, it goes right against the "cute and friendly" image rose portrays as well.

Personally the end  game content in ROSE doesnt look that appealing to me as you've outleveled most of the bosses, i dont care much for pvp and instances take a lot of organisation for 5-10 minutes play time a day.

I'm enjoying the trip up to max level so far, but my endgame would be making new characters.

Edited by Hrothmund, 23 October 2013 - 08:34 PM.

#61 4838130128112040763

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:10 AM

I havent played in around 7 months im back today im a bit confused with my nickname its alot of numbers, but yeah, is the parties still were you need to hit the monster to get xp or you can not hit it an still get xp as your in a party? im confused, thats one of the reasons i stopped playing because of the party situation. plus im a bit confused with the skills now ;o all changed:(

#62 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:47 AM

I suggest you check the Pegasus section of the forums, I believe there may be guides there to help you with the new skills. If you are in a party, and don't participate, you will get xp, but not as much as if you did help.

#63 BlowInTheDark

BlowInTheDark

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • LocationComodo
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 26 October 2013 - 10:18 PM

People are botting because there's really not much to do but grind. Even the main quest ends at around 120+.

One thing that the devs should consider though is putting a level restriction in groups. It makes everything too easy when a high level cleric is buffing/healing and another high level soldier sacri-ing for a party that they tend to skip mobs and quests of their level, thereby bypassing most of the games content.

#64 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 03:57 AM

Or, as I have suggested before, get rid of the aoe spots. If you must continue to shift spots to keep getting mobs, it is much harder to bot.

#65 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:00 AM

Actually, it's not that difficult of a fix, but it just might take some time.

Spawns need to be more spread out (most maps have large enough rooms to do so), so that luring is required to take a spots full potential, and there has to be a 50/50 of melee and ranged mobs. Because of their range difference, they will stand separated from eachother, making it that much harder to bot them.

#66 bl0b

bl0b

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts
  • LocationWhere ever...

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:08 AM

Theres no parties anywhere anymore.. even when you ask, you just get ignored. Im not a very old player ( since 2011 ) but theirs a huge difference between last year and this year, places are empty.

#67 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:41 AM

For me it depends. Sometimes I go someplace,and there are lots of parties, other times, there are none. But it does seem like most are afk/botters. You ask for a party, and no one responds. :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users