10/23 "Weird Al" Yankovic's Birthday Extravaganza - Page 3 - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

10/23 "Weird Al" Yankovic's Birthday Extravaganza

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
307 replies to this topic

#51 Weazy15

Weazy15

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 964 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, California
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos (Renewal)

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:44 PM

Well say they will remove the TI (which it's really impossible) at least increase the no. of monsters spawn in every maps..

#52 RoyalHeritage

RoyalHeritage

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1459 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:49 PM

EMB for MVP loots. Investment one's doesn't cut it since it doesn't contain most of the MVP loots and gives a below par values to the ones in it further.      

Edited by RoyalHeritage, 21 October 2013 - 01:54 PM.

#53 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10262 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:50 PM

My suggestion for a Haloween themed TI Week.

Low TI

Butoijo 0yih.gif

Heavy Metaling 70t.gif

Jakk tmd.gif

Necromancer (although mini-boss) 6zr.gif

Ragged Zombie  2j7.gif

Red Eruma (because they look creepy!!) c8n.gif

Shelter / Mistress of Shelter rmg.gif

Despero of Thanatos et8t.gif

Mid TI

Bungisngis 6tw.gif

Duneyrr vq8.gif

Manananggal 9ema.gif

Tikbalang vdpm.gif

Wakwak i1vj.gif

High TI

Engkanto uxu.gif

eh... I couldn't find anymore halloween type themed monsters for high TI.

but bleh, that was a lot of trolling through the database for all those >.<

Edit: the pictures should work now.

I think it's about time to introduce some Port Malaya monsters for TIs.

#54 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:50 PM

point is, GMs shouldn't be dictating where we should level and what not. TIs made it worse.

A big improvement in the leveling system would be  to remove or lessen level exp penalty on monsters, rather than 10 levels, make it 30 or 40. If you're able to kill ___ monster at ___ level you shouldn't be penalized for it. There is already a level cap.

I've been kind of lurking around since the rumors of the pre-renewal server, and wanted to give my two cents.

I like pre-renewal because of the freedom it offers. There is no specific 'way' to level a character, you had to figure out what worked best for you. Players generally had to make up their own goals as you went along, whether that was simply to make your way to second class, finding a particular rare item, or even to lead a guild to create a god item. There is no artificial limit to what you could do or how you could play, beyond what you and your own characters were capable of. Yeah, things were unbalanced, and a clever group of players could do absolutely stupid things, but that's WHY we loved Ragnarok. You were FREE to play the game how you wanted, no matter if you were a casual player or a hardcore one there was always something new to do and new things to learn.

In a way, I'm not really against renewal itself, or even some of the base mechanics. I do think a lot of the abilities of the new character classes are poorly thought out, and don't encourage players to work together (especially with so many 'uncounterable' abilities), but that's not the only issue. What hurt for me was that renewal took away the freedom. The development team saw progression in games like WoW and how it attracted players and tried emulating it. But RO isn't that kind of game. I used to think jRO, with their custom renewal were crazy, but I see what they were trying to do.

Renewal as it is is not interesting. Monsters are normalized, so they do little to differentiate themselves from each other. A level 110 monster x is for all intents the exact same as 110 monster y. You are forced to level in certain ways depending on the level of your character. It doesn't matter that your level 60 character can plow through level 100 monsters with a group of players, the game won't allow you to play that way. You lose the freedom to play the game the you want to.

And to that end, I believe the GM team finished it off for me. I don't mean disrespect to the GM team, who are trying to improve the game, but I really think this. When I left, it was because I was tired playing the cat and mouse game with the GMs. They would declare a specific map or set of monsters as 'the place to be', and all the players would flock to that map. I stopped being in charge of how I played my character, and effectively had to follow what the GMs wanted me to do and go where they wanted me to go.

So I quit playing at that point. I understand that they wanted players to play together, but it wasn't the way to do it. There are plenty of way's I'd go about fixing it, but that's not really important. The main thing is that, even with good intentions, I couldn't level, I couldn't hunt MVPs, and I couldn't participate in siege without the GM team dictating more or less how I had to play the game. And that's why I quit.

Edited by KamiKali, 21 October 2013 - 01:56 PM.

#55 dawnte

dawnte

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1980 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:53 PM

Can you pl0x make tiara and crown costumes tradable like you promised a few maints ago? :T

Don't forget the devoted eyes and heart eyepatch too ~.~

#56 Izzy1

Izzy1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1793 posts
  • LocationU.K
  • Server:Chaos Renewal - Smokies

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:54 PM

I thought they looked cool

#57 RoseRed21

RoseRed21

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 462 posts
  • Server:Chaos and Thor

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:56 PM

On Ymir I remember walking to TIs / saving warps to get there very often :/ If it's a hassle people can make an aco on a 2nd account and memo. It's not hard. It gets people to go out and learn/explore maps. If it kills the TI usages because people are that lazy, everyone wins, the TI haters and the TI lovers. If GMs turned more blind eyes to whiners there would be less of that attitude.

^On ygg when they did this people just stopped doing TIs completely and made tons of parties in nogg to grind. "If you have to walk to a map to do TI why do it? might as well grind" is how most saw it. :/ It takes away the point to do TIs even if you memo every map which i did do. Realistically picture a whole party of nonvip or half vip half not, you'll have to wait for your party members to get there. Another example, say TI in aybss lake or something, seriously even I'm too lazy to walk all the way there. Might as well get rid of TI if it comes to that. again this is just my opinion on that matter. ._.

#58 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:56 PM

PLEASE look into the Red Eruma card... its effects dont seem to be working (not with ninja magic at least) ive tested it on scaraba and managed to get 2 scaraba cards and still the curse effect never proced....

#59 Frike

Frike

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:57 PM

and eclage monsters too.

#60 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:01 PM

point is, GMs shouldn't be dictating where we should level and what not. TIs made it worse.

A big improvement in the leveling system would be  to remove or lessen level exp penalty on monsters, rather than 10 levels, make it 30 or 40. If you're able to kill ___ monster at ___ level you shouldn't be penalized for it. There is already a level cap.

EXP Penalty for killing monsters 15+ levels above you is stupid. For literally any MMO that has implemented this. The other way around, as in getting penalty for killing monsters lower level then you however is completely reasonable in ROs case due to how stupid EXP is in renewal. but meeeh

#61 Frike

Frike

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:08 PM

^On ygg when they did this people just stopped doing TIs completely and made tons of parties in nogg to grind. "If you have to walk to a map to do TI why do it? might as well grind" is how most saw it. :/ It takes away the point to do TIs even if you memo every map which i did do. Realistically picture a whole party of nonvip or half vip half not, you'll have to wait for your party members to get there. Another example, say TI in aybss lake or something, seriously even I'm too lazy to walk all the way there. Might as well get rid of TI if it comes to that. again this is just my opinion on that matter. ._.

If you are lazzy to walk to a map, why the -_- are you playing this game?

RPG's are meant to explore, take risks, and all that stuff. I dont find fun at all talking to a NPC everyday, he warps you to an special map with special spawns and monsters that are not supposed to be together.

Just an example, look at the first page... people asking for monsters with new cards (even if they say is just for the exp, thats bull-_-, they just want the cards)

TIs are killing this game ;c The game I used to enjoy one day...

#62 Kieri

Kieri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2995 posts
  • Server:Nothing.

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:14 PM

Without TI's you would see more gears on the market which are quite rare today because no one bothers to hunt them if they're not in TI :|

But I do agree due to TI's being in for so long people have become lazy and used to them as an easy way to level without gaining any real enjoyment or experience from it. And the Social side of having to talk to people

#63 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:21 PM

enough about if TI should stay or go... make a separate thread for it....

#64 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:23 PM

Ygg was very tiny. It's not a good comparison. Also the bolded part is a GOOD thing.

Actually imo the point of TIs is to have an incentive to party. A lot of people were tired of soloing cause it's not fun and ruins the idea of an mmo.

If people are that lazy who cares? It doesn't affect ME that someone ELSE is too lazy to walk a few maps lolz. Oh no I have to wait a few minutes for people to teleport. Woe is me. They could also just VIP. Also most people made parties ON THE MAP so no, you didn't have to wait for your party to get there unless you made it with friends/guildies... and if you're not willing to wait for them why even bother?

The idea of getting rid of a TI because YOU'RE too lazy is hilarious.

#65 RoseRed21

RoseRed21

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:26 PM

If you are lazzy to walk to a map, why the -_- are you playing this game?

RPG's are meant to explore, take risks, and all that stuff. I dont find fun at all talking to a NPC everyday, he warps you to an special map with special spawns and monsters that are not supposed to be together.

Just an example, look at the first page... people asking for monsters with new cards (even if they say is just for the exp, thats bull-_-, they just want the cards)

TIs are killing this game ;c The game I used to enjoy one day...

dude read what i said closely   -_- i don't just NOT walk in this game im talking bout just for TIs i WOULD be lazy to do them. -_-

Edited by RoseRed21, 21 October 2013 - 02:26 PM.

#66 RoseRed21

RoseRed21

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:30 PM

Ygg was very tiny. It's not a good comparison. Also the bolded part is a GOOD thing.

The idea of getting rid of a TI because YOU'RE too lazy is hilarious.

Regardless if ygg was small or not(which i do miss) is not the point. AND dude READ my FREAKIN point correctly before commenting bout it. -_- The part you bolded in my comment is a good thing and is why i said might as well get rid of TIs completely since people will likely just form parties to grind. AGAIN this is just MY opinion no one else and i gave an example of what i wouldn't want to do. IM not lazy. If i was i wouldn't be even playing this game or have tons of stuff going on in it. -_-

Edited by RoseRed21, 21 October 2013 - 02:37 PM.

#67 Perezoso15

Perezoso15

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1041 posts
  • LocationGironland~
  • Server:Valk->Chaos

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:30 PM

I didn't mention soloing at all...

And that would have to be something they would deal with it isn't their map to own

Just an example, :|

dat mobbing :v!

#68 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:37 PM

EXP Penalty for killing monsters 15+ levels above you is stupid. For literally any MMO that has implemented this. The other way around, as in getting penalty for killing monsters lower level then you however is completely reasonable in ROs case due to how stupid EXP is in renewal. but meeeh

Ah yea, monsters above shouldn't have penalty. I don't mind penalty for below, because that's reasonable. You shouldn't be penalized for trying to kill harder monsters.

#69 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:53 PM

Regardless if ygg was small or not(which i do miss) is not the point. AND dude READ my FREAKIN point correctly before commenting bout it. -_- The part you bolded in my comment is a good thing and is why i said might as well get rid of TIs completely since people will likely just form parties to grind. AGAIN this is just MY opinion no one else and i gave an example of what i wouldn't want to do. IM not lazy. If i was i wouldn't be even playing this game or have tons of stuff going on in it. -_-

You're basically dictating everyone's behavior off of a very narrow anecdotal experience lol. I would use TIs still if they got moved to the maps so your point is moot.

Maybe you should learn to clarify better, because I don't think it's my fault if I misconstrue what you say based off your post if I didn't actually read it incorrectly.

"seriously even I'm too lazy to walk all the way there"

"IM not lazy."

#70 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas
  • Server:Chaos when no Time Gaps

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:03 PM

enough about if TI should stay or go... make a separate thread for it....

^ This...

I seriously doubt they are going to remove them in the first place. No one says you have to do TI's anyways. If you don't want to do them then don't. I'm sure the same people that are complaining about them still use them to level ;)

It really doesn't have anything to do with being lazy. It's the only way to earn EMB's for one thing. If they would make it so you could earn EMB's another way that would be great. I've been asking that for months now since I don't TI.

#71 Kieri

Kieri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2995 posts
  • Server:Nothing.

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:04 PM

OPB's

#72 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10262 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:06 PM

You know, we just happen to have a server without these penalties!

#73 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:07 PM

i still havent done a TI yet... i get along just fine with OPB for EMBs and solo grinding....

#74 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:12 PM

But that server is more messed up then this :v

#75 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:12 PM

That's not really fair, Oda!

If I want to level on 100+ monsters at 20, I should be allowed to do so without penalty. It's so pointless.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users