Tiki Tuesday Question lounge 10/29 - Bahooka Tiki Lounge - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Tiki Tuesday Question lounge 10/29

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
44 replies to this topic

#1 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:56 AM

Maeva, maita'i oe? That's how you'd say "Welcome, are you doing well?" in Tahiti. Tahiti is a key element in midcentury Tiki design, with their tapa cloth designs being woven into the literal fabric of many hawaiian shirt and bar decor designs. Their local architecture inspired restaurant designers and their traditional music has a wonderful and hypnotic rythmn. 

For next week's Halloween eve maintenance, I'd like to share the most ghoulish tiki drink of them all: The Zombie

Invented by Donn Beach of Donn the Beachcombers in 1934, this cocktail may not transform you into the living dead, but you may feel like it! 

Below is the simplified version of the drink adapted by Tiki master historian Beachbum Berry. If you like any of these recipes, please go buy his masterwork: Beachbum Berry: Remixed. This guy singlehandedly revived the tiki drink genre by doing a lot of detective work tracking down the authentic recipes and the bartenders who invented them. It's a great read, with lots of great vintage photos of tiki bars through the years. If you've only been exposed to crummy too-sweet tiki drinks that have grenadine, orange juice and other junk in them, it's definitely worth picking up. 

Zombie (simplified)

3/4 oz fresh lime juice

1 oz white grapefruit juice (fresh squeezed is recommended)

1/2 oz cinammon-infused sugar syrup*

1/2 oz 151 proof run (cruzan, el dorado or bacardi is most common) Most liquor stores will have smaller wino-sized flask bottles of these available

1 oz dark Jamaican rum (Myers is recommended for all tiki drinks)

Shake well with ice cubes and pour into a tall clear glass or appropriately skull shaped tiki mug.

Wrath-of-the-Zombie-002.jpg

*Cinammon-infused sugar syrup is very easy to make at home, and is recommended over spending a lot on a commercially produced one. To make this all you need is to crush 3 cinnamon sticks and place in a saucepan with 1 cup of sugar and 1 cup of water. Bring to a boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Lower heat, cover saucepan, and simmer for 2 minutes. Remove saucepan from heat and, keeping it covered, let sit at least 2 hours before straining and bottling. It is also excellent for flavoring coffee!

As an update to our updates, we should be receiving data from our development team for the Eden Group level 100+ hunt quests very soon.

#2 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:13 AM

First.

#3 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9312 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:15 AM

First.

Yeah. I should have posted earlier. You should just edit first post each time so you can always be first.

#4 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:21 AM

now somebody needs to come up with the recipes for the drinks the bartender serves you in Jawaii.... those things will floor you....literally...

#5 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:28 AM

I expect Oda to be in a Halloween costume next Tuesday.

#6 Frike

Frike

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:28 AM

where is the last tiki thread? I Forgot to check the answers

#7 Kieri

Kieri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2995 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Nothing.

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:30 AM

Yeah oda dress up in a costume!

#8 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:33 AM

where is the last tiki thread? I Forgot to check the answers

I always move the previous week's thread to renewal events then to the classic events, so there should be a link in both of those sections. 

#9 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9312 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:39 AM

now somebody needs to come up with the recipes for the drinks the bartender serves you in Jawaii.... those things will floor you....literally...

His original job was as an EDP brewer for the assassin guild. However, he was fired due to his excessive interest in making the poisons stronger and more lethal. Looks like he still hasn't gotten over that event. It was pretty traumatic for him.

#10 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:51 AM

I would not be opposed to a "Real life RO cocktail" creation thread. Making up Morroc fruit wine or "Wargs Blood" cocktails...

#11 RoseRed21

RoseRed21

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 462 posts
  • Server:Chaos and Thor

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:17 PM

Yeah oda dress up in a costume!

^I wanna see that!  :p_love:

Will Deviling hat be unaccount bound? Can the new halloween quest rewards be tweaked some? only good reward is the hat rest is just -_-30 empty bottles...and stuff

Edited by RoseRed21, 27 October 2013 - 10:41 AM.

#12 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 3287 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:14 PM

Can we get the VIP buffer in WoE realms? I hate having to warp to town, then to eden, and then back to town again (because you can't bwing in Eden 1st floor), AND THEN bwing back to the WoE realm every few minutes.

#13 albaoregine

albaoregine

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:33 PM

Second

#14 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:49 PM

Oda should host this weeks Tiki Tuesday show from the bar in Jawaii

Spoiler

#15 Zayaan

Zayaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1800 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:54 PM

Can we have a storage NPC at mal_in01 172, 30?

Will Eve Natalia ever be updated to take Bio3 mvp drops?

Can you request the update that removes 5 character requirement from the door in thanatos tower floor 2? It was added to kRO main server on 4/04/2012 maintenance.

Can the change to Lich's Bone Wand from 3/10/2009 maintenance be reverted?

i might of been getting lich bone wand or ledger of death confused since they both do almost the same effect, but anyhow with the lich bone wand if u put down fire pillar and sight blaster and keep making the sight blaster miss it has a chance to curse all enemies on screen

^ Sight blaster does not hit fire pillar anymore.

Edited by Zayaan, 27 October 2013 - 06:29 AM.

#16 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:42 PM

Is Silent Breeze ever going to be tested so you guys can realize it doesn't work on boss property anymore and be unblocked from maps where it would be fun to test out like in Bio3? >_>

#17 rinlen02

rinlen02

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 251 posts
  • LocationThe U.S. State with the King's Guard
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:27 PM

I would not be opposed to a "Real life RO -_-tail" creation thread. Making up Morroc fruit wine or "Wargs Blood" -_-tails...

I'm a bit underage to test some of the recipes from the cookbooks, but I think I can at least try to make real-life versions of some of them. I just have to find real-life equivalents to the ingredients and convert the recipe from the books. Unfortunately, I don't have all 10 cookbooks in the game.

#18 albaoregine

albaoregine

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:31 PM

Question: Am I right, Alchemist Rankings will reset at 10/30 right?

#19 rinlen02

rinlen02

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 251 posts
  • LocationThe U.S. State with the King's Guard
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 26 October 2013 - 10:58 PM

Oh, I forgot my question. My question here is: Does kRO hate us?

#20 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 28 October 2013 - 06:07 PM

Is the official Ragnarok Online website ever going to get updated?

http://www.ragnarokonline.com/

Not only has the Flash elements not been working for a least a couple of years, it lists servers on there that have long since died out.

#21 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 07:06 PM

can i get a what what?

#22 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas
  • Server:Chaos when no Time Gaps

Posted 28 October 2013 - 07:44 PM

How about some non-alcoholic drink recipes?

1. Thanks for adding Eden Teleporters to most of the towns. I noticed that there still is not one in Malangdo. Can you add one there too please?

2. Balance for Thief/Rogue Classes. There are no real skills to speak of.

3. Is anything being done, or going to be done, to add an additional digit to the vend, and/or deal amount, in order to increase them, along with increasing the zeny limit per character.

4. Is it possible to request, & concentrate on getting the scripts implemented for gear fixes, prior to things such as the Owl, & a skill fix for one class?

#23 ReshiramFlare

ReshiramFlare

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 278 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 09:32 PM

Nice jack o lantern!

Is there any plans for fixing thorn wall so it can be enabled in WoE again? It would be nice it you could have the version of thorn wall pre-balance patch where it didn't knock back again so we can actually use the skill.

#24 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas
  • Server:Chaos when no Time Gaps

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:29 PM

There's a lot of skills that can't be used, & there are a lot of other classes that don't have hardly any skills at all, & what they do have, doesn't even come close to other classes, in comparison. That's the reason the need to do more skill balances for other classes still. Simply fixing & enabling skills for WoE is a minor imo.

#25 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:08 PM

can we do something about these flipping scammers? we have at least one new thread everyday about these scammers.... maybe have real gms pose as players and instantly ban any character that attempts to scam....  no investigation needed... if they claim to be a gm instant account ban... no questions no second chances no warnings.... this is becoming a rampant issue.... and despite the recent in game messages people STILL are falling victim to these scams... i dont know if its new player or if there is a language barrier and the players dont understand about the scam but its REALLY bad for business... makes players feel unsafe...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users