• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 blabberdoo

blabberdoo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 10:05 AM

I just reached level 40 after a super long hiatus due to THQ's insufferable exp rates. Happily I went on to advance to a Myrmidon when I was wiped out within only a few seconds. Okay, I wasn't prepared; I definitely didn't know what to expect. Totally my fault.

So I went and gathered a fellow adventurer; one several levels higher than me. He managed to take down the gate guardian within seconds and claims to have had a wealth of experience with Lavalon pre-Gravity takeover. We lasted a while against Lavalon but his health went down extremely slowly and I couldn't even land hits against him (I don't understand this. I was standing right next to my partner.) Eventually we both parished. As I had no experience with Lavalon I had to assume this is just the way it was, but my partner claims that he is now MUCH harder than he was previously.

If this is the case, I am somewhat understanding, given Lavalon is the key to some very powerful equipment. However, he's also an important part of the game's progression and I feel as if making him extremely difficult to beat is a little short-sighted.

Also, gathering a party in Libra isn't the easiest task as it's full of Spanish speaking players. So...

#2 Rimmy

Rimmy

Too Legit To Quit

• Dragon Saga Moderator
  • 2354 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 29 October 2010 - 10:09 AM

I just reached level 40 after a super long hiatus due to THQ's insufferable exp rates. Happily I went on to advance to a Myrmidon when I was wiped out within only a few seconds. Okay, I wasn't prepared; I definitely didn't know what to expect. Totally my fault.

So I went and gathered a fellow adventurer; one several levels higher than me. He managed to take down the gate guardian within seconds and claims to have had a wealth of experience with Lavalon pre-Gravity takeover. We lasted a while against Lavalon but his health went down extremely slowly and I couldn't even land hits against him (I don't understand this. I was standing right next to my partner.) Eventually we both parished. As I had no experience with Lavalon I had to assume this is just the way it was, but my partner claims that he is now MUCH harder than he was previously.

If this is the case, I am somewhat understanding, given Lavalon is the key to some very powerful equipment. However, he's also an important part of the game's progression and I feel as if making him extremely difficult to beat is a little short-sighted.

Also, gathering a party in Libra isn't the easiest task as it's full of Spanish speaking players. So...

Hey there!

If you need help just beating him for a job change, message me in-game in a few minutes here (I'll be logging on shortly) and then I can run you through.

He's not really hard at all as long as you know his attack patterns and how to avoid getting hit. Just takes practice. And to hit him, you have to be aiming at his head when he falls, not just any part of him.

EDIT: My IGN is "Rim" btw.

Edited by Rimmy, 29 October 2010 - 10:10 AM.

#3 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge

Posted 29 October 2010 - 10:10 AM

If you don't play as if you're blind, lavalon is still easily manageable with a party of 4 people near your level.

#4 iKnowMyABCs

iKnowMyABCs

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1207 posts
  • LocationAway from home.
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 29 October 2010 - 10:11 AM

Don't expect a boss's boss to be easy to kill. Although HP got boosted along with the decrease in bullet drop rate, it's not that hard to dodge his attacks. I suggest you have more than 2 people doing lavalon with you.

Edited by iKnowMyABCs, 29 October 2010 - 10:12 AM.

#5 blabberdoo

blabberdoo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 10:13 AM

Hey there!

If you need help just beating him for a job change, message me in-game in a few minutes here (I'll be logging on shortly) and then I can run you through.

He's not really hard at all as long as you know his attack patterns and how to avoid getting hit. Just takes practice. And to hit him, you have to be aiming at his head when he falls, not just any part of him.

EDIT: My IGN is "Rim" btw.

Thanks, I'm on channel 1. My IGN is Suspicion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users