How would you improve Renewal? - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

How would you improve Renewal?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Razgriz

Razgriz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:10 PM

So I've meaning to make this post for a while now and i finally got some time to do it.

First of all i noticed there's a general discontent with the current state of the renewal server, mainly the Gramps TI and some WoE/PVM aspects, so the point of this thread will be recopilate the opinion of the player base in order to come up with ideas that GM's can see and, at some point if its possible make them a reality or send them to the kRo developer team and see if they agree to them.

*IMPORTANT NOTE*

These are just opinions of what aspects could be changed or improved so the game is more enjoyable, focused to the whole community and not individuals.

Also if you disagree with the opinions some people have posted, its fine, if you want to disagree make it on a respectful way and not trying to troll or just be a douchebag.

I'm gonna start giving out my opinions based on what things i have seen people complain the most and divided them on certain aspects of iRO, mostly general state, PVM and MVP, PVP and WoE.

Spoiler

This is all i have for now, i encourage people to add up on things or give me opinions on what i wrote, the whole point of this is bringing up ideas to improve the game play instead of just b*thing at GM's.

Ps. Sorry for the broken english in some parts.

#2 xLoli

xLoli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1143 posts
  • LocationVirginia, U.S.
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie > Chaos

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:59 PM

+1! This thread should be pinned.  :p_hi:

#3 ilovemilk

ilovemilk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3452 posts
  • LocationMilky Way
  • Server:Offline

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:21 AM

Should not be pinned, but it's worth mentioning to the GM team. Customers feedback are value to a company's success.

#4 Kevin

Kevin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:09 AM

Bring back single monsters that give huge chunks of exp. 

#5 p4r4d0x999

p4r4d0x999

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 488 posts
  • LocationNewerth
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:37 AM

For me, try to swap WoE1 and WoE2 timing.

It might give some rotation to WoE scene or maybe some various development.

:heh:

#6 xLoli

xLoli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1143 posts
  • LocationVirginia, U.S.

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:03 PM

Mmm, I just figure it should be pinned because I have seen many of these good suggestions multiple times. X3

#7 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 3287 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:44 PM

Bring back single monsters that give huge chunks of exp.

Needs good high risk, high reward monsters.

#8 Hyperballad

Hyperballad

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 246 posts
  • LocationSlovenia

Posted 31 October 2013 - 04:18 AM

I would give it to another company.

#9 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts
  • LocationRagnarok Online

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:32 AM

Needs good high risk, high reward monsters.

Token disabled, very difficult instances with one week cool down and baller loot

#10 ALSJ

ALSJ

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 171 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 31 October 2013 - 04:56 PM

The only thing that pre-renewal leveling styles bring back is power level/leeching plans that the old types crave. People like to claim you level fast in renewal, and lifting restrictions will only make it obnoxiously faster and more brainless.

#11 ArieIle

ArieIle

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • LocationIn The Sky
  • Server:iChaos

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:11 PM

I'd correct all of the grammar on the new NPCs. :v

#12 IlliterateGaming

IlliterateGaming

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 680 posts
  • LocationYouTube & Twitch.tv
  • Server:Chaos & Loki

Posted 01 November 2013 - 10:13 AM

I'd redo the novice grounds. I've found the updated version to be even more confusing than the original. Renewal is a fun way to play Ragnarok if you know the basics and are provided with essentials to level any class you select.

#13 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts
  • LocationRagnarok Online

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:48 PM

Said it once, and I'll say it again.

Unlimited french fries

#14 Rumm

Rumm

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 06:21 PM

I would improve the graphics and advertise so the population actually increases.

#15 xLoli

xLoli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1143 posts
  • LocationVirginia, U.S.

Posted 01 November 2013 - 09:35 PM

I would improve the graphics and advertise so the population actually increases.

Visit Izlude. They just joined Steam yesterday.

Edited by xLoli, 01 November 2013 - 09:36 PM.

#16 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 01 November 2013 - 10:28 PM

i would bring back the original training grounds and 1st job change quest....also giving better rewards for quests giving players more incentive to do them.... better events (some of the holiday events have been too easy and have been left in too long making them seem even easier and more pointless as each day goes by)... less gear with OP effects in cash shop (HBP, FAW ect).... these are items that should be given out as rewards for completing long and fairly difficult quests.... more pet tames available via monster drops and not just from lucky boxes and player run events (make people go hunt for them)... alter TIs making teh monsters hunted EVENT monsters giving a certain amount of exp and NO drops, do not change these monsters or the maps used (change the monsters sprites per season maybe ie: xmas goblins for winter, Jakks for fal, spring rabbits for spring, imps for summer).... more arc quests (still waiting for the last 2 parts of the Tomb of the Dark Lord arc).... fix all current known bugs without bugging things more.... implement updates in a timely and bug free manner.... less 2x drops and 2x exp events for server issues and give out KP or Cash shop items instead (BNx3 or Gums< tokens, or Insurance ).... most of these suggestions are within iRO GM control...

#17 meowington

meowington

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 407 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 02:09 PM

^ Everything facekiller said except for 1st job change. They were all really, really dumb. Especially the thief job change, that was just stupid. A thief collecting mushrooms? :wall:

#18 BlkWidowAlchemis

BlkWidowAlchemis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:11 AM

+1 on facekiller's post. Some superficial changes like hair cuts, costumes, new hair colors, and clothing dyes.

#19 Tene85

Tene85

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:41 AM

1- i would just pose this question..

why the population keep be smaller and the lag keep Grow?
pls fix it

before the merge you run 3 Renewal server whit an avarange on 3500 players, and now running 1 whit 2000 in woe, and got more lag than before, this is NO SENSE
( figure maybe to disable some sparkling effect during woe)( ok /effect, but you also need to switch on it)

2- maybe do something for gain new players?

i'm from Italy, some week ago there fas an huge events " Lucca comix" we got like  3-4 more event like this in other city.. well promote the game in CXomix event would be a good idea, maybe offering Reward for how make cosplay of RO and provide it.. it's a way to find new player ( so also new money)

3-adjust some drop rate

we got 3rd class and castle that drop item from when the top cap was 99/50 this is pretty annoing, and a lot of guild leader and guild complain about it..
let' raise the drop rate and change some item in it, maybe make difficult make Godlike like make x2 required item, or long guild quest for make it appear..

4- check the class

-Performers
   toss the Distorsion when 2 maestro(wanderer) make different skill like string and apple, are DIFFERENT why they have to make distorsion?

improve some effect of skill like Apple  raise healing from 260 to 2600 maybe it's become more usefull
  change some old timed effect, now almost everyone is immune to stn so, change Drazzler of Wanderer let them Curse or Sleep

- AB
  the ONLY healing class, the only one that can buff properly.. and right now it's faster use hp pots that theyrs heals ( woe )
 think about woe they have to use ALMOST all those skill:
Pneuma, Bless, Agi, Gloria, Kirie, Suff, Sanctuary, SW, Decrease Agi, Aoe buffs, Heal Colossus Heal Hight Heal,  Status recovery, Both Laudas
and they have to do it in a short time of period, while also thinking about theyrs own survival.. well wuite busy work, when thare are other classes that use just 2-3 skill at all..

any chances to do something about them?

-RK
  they where a tanker class and now are the main Precast class.. so got Hp like 70k and can kill everyone like a wizzard, sometime faster.. this is pretty unlogical.. they quite OP
we still whaiting for the nerf maybe due to the fact that they are Knight class, play whit sword.. maybe give thgem fixed delay for magical skill...

-Soulinker

come before Ninja class, and still no one think about an evolved version.. and Ninja alredy have one...
when they come and the top cap for lv up was 99/70, they sure change the woe scenarios, right now can be used in woe 1 but not in woe 2...

well give them some credits, also adjust the Link that they give, usefull just for 3 classes now, Shadow cheaser, performers, Soulinkers..

#20 RunningWild

RunningWild

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 225 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 15 November 2013 - 03:27 PM

- Make healing consumables heal for more, especially SP restoring consumables.

- Buff HP/SP Regeneration on all classes. This game has become much more about skill spamming than ctrl-clicking, and frankly the expensive SP restoring items and slow regen is not helping.

- Increase Buff duration's for every class.

- Increase the base movement speed of every class.

- Have Eden Quests at lower levels that actually give job experience.

- Remove The Exp Penalty on death. I don't even see the point of having this, and this game is FULL of cheap deaths, especially due to random lag. Get rid of it.

- Balance the exp curves. The game really starts to drag when you get  less than.1% exp per kill.

Edited by RunningWild, 15 November 2013 - 09:26 PM.

#21 bassman767

bassman767

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 313 posts
  • Server:renewal

Posted 15 November 2013 - 06:53 PM

ninja this thread.

this is the way how the community works these day:

Nerf this, Nerf that

Nerf this skill, Nerf that skill

so OP blah blah blah.

OMFG i die to GoH, Nerf GoH. I die to DB, Nerf DB.

WTF, I got howl effect, Nerf howl.

I got Strip AGAIN, Damn Nerf strip chance.

y not just tell the gm just to use only your normal attack in woe.

Making it better doesn't mean you need to nerf everything. i know it is hard to make every class balance, in fact its impossible. but when someone complain this and that, they nerf that skills. then they complain those and those, they nerf those. keep doing it. wut else is left?

sooner or later they will wine about weapon doing so much dmg even with the massive reduction that woe got and the gear, then gm force you to use bare hand, then it comes down to the str part because some classes doesn't need it. then they found out that bare hand can't kill coz of the reduction everyone got then gm said ok, lets woe naked.

Finally, everyones stat is set to 1 when you woe and u cannot wear gear when woe. then ppl will complain that is the big guild will win coz of the people that they have, then they limit every guild's to like 20 ppl. and guess what, ppl still complain, about like omfg, RG got the best HP coz of the HP + 2k skills, NEFT IT then let's make every class same HP. how about that now?? fair enough for you guys??

Edited by bassman767, 15 November 2013 - 07:03 PM.

#22 Rav3n

Rav3n

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:39 PM

ninja this thread.

Nerf this, Nerf that

so OP blah blah blah.

Making it better doesn't mean you need to nerf everything. i know it is hard to make every class balance, in fact its impossible. but when someone complain this and that, they nerf that skills. then they complain those and those, they nerf those. keep doing it. wut else is left?

sooner or later they will wine about weapon doing so much dmg even with the massive reduction that woe got and the gear, then gm force you to use bare hand, then it comes down to the str part because some classes doesn't need it. then they found out that bare hand can't kill coz of the reduction everyone got then gm said ok, lets woe naked.

Finally, everyones stat is set to 1 when you woe and u cannot wear gear when woe. then ppl will complain that is the big guild will win coz of the people that they have, then they limit every guild's to like 20 ppl. and guess what, ppl still complain, about like omfg, RG got the best HP coz of the HP + 2k skills, NEFT IT then let's make every class same HP. how about that now?? fair enough for you guys??

No I'm not satisfied with the nerfs until not even passive skills are active, and available for woe, and everyone has plant def. *sarcasm*

#23 Baturiano

Baturiano

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 3058 posts
  • LocationToronto Canada
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:45 PM

ninja this thread.

Nerf this, Nerf that

so OP blah blah blah.

There are things that are not fixed that should have been fixed already. (Rapid Throw, Shield Spell 3 for example)

#24 browntable

browntable

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 05:26 AM

Please increase the potency of spear-based Knight/LK/RK skills to provide an alternative path for players that want/like to play these classes. Currently, most RKs are pressured to develop their build around Dragon Breath(DB) and this adversely affects the gaming experience of those who want to do something different, catch my drift? Not to mention that the gears required to make an efficient DB-RK require a lot of zeny. To make things clear, I'm not suggesting to nerf DB, I'm saying that spear-RKs and 2H-RKs need some love too.

Edited by browntable, 16 November 2013 - 05:35 AM.

#25 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:a laggy one

Posted 19 November 2013 - 08:22 PM

create a separate skill tree that has to be activated when joining woe and pvp(and only works in woe and pvp) in able to use abilities. the second skill tree would be the same as the 1st, except that the spells would work on different game mechanics to balance damage out better. this would allow pvm balancing of classes that desperately need it

change the WOE time to better fit the server time. 6pm server time would be best, because then people will be home from work and school and no lifers will no longer have full control over the game/more people will have a fair chance of participating

redo all the quest rewards of every quest in the game so that theyre actually worth doing

*suggestions that im unsure if they have the power to change*

-increase the buyback rate of NPCs by 200%. npcs rip us off blind for selling items and ingame items cost way more than you can grind for

-introduce an equip that buffs melee damage by 30% since casters and range got the FAWs for balancing and melee classes need it badly

-nerf the damage biolab monsters do so that players can actually level off them and farm them instead of only the super rich being able to handle them

-put in a new ET tower that has a different set of mvps

-put a 'que battleground' button on menu bar, drastically up the rewards for bgs, remove the timers, put more bg npcs in the game so people see them

-fresh fish vendor near kafra in every town to help new players out since potion prices are just plain stupid and will never change

-change all kafra in game to rent out mado suits

-give mechanics an item that lets them summon a mado from anywhere

-put a questboard on every game map for whichever monsters are on that map

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users