QQRAWR

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 933 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 03 November 2013 - 01:28 AM

Hi everyone!

I was wondering if anyone can give me an advice about the best equip to use to level in Scaraba2
I'm currently geneticist lvl 132 and i'm currently wearing..
- Witch Pumpkin Hat
- Gozarian Mask / Alarm Mask
- Orlean's Gown [Porcellio]
- +9 RTE [ArcherSkeleton x3]
- Bradium Shield [Bigfoot]
- +7 HBP [Raydric]
- Shackles
- BSB
- MoH

I have a Sera with PK

And so my main question its... How to do better DPS? Currently i'm doing 17~18k per CC and 7.5k with stone skin. I have no problem surviving due PK

Any suggestion would be appeciated.

Edited by QQRAWR, 03 November 2013 - 01:30 AM.

#2 zefram

zefram

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1262 posts
  • Server:valkyre

Posted 03 November 2013 - 04:41 AM

since you have the PK, maybe COD with KK or dark illusion card for better cast time?Honestly if you can afford, those spell enchanted FAW and rwc rings would be great instead of backpack and shackles/moh. Or spring rings..Just speculating though, i have none of those equipments, not sure how that would work out

#3 bendotzz

bendotzz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 01:12 PM

Get an endow slave or fire converters

#4 QQRAWR

QQRAWR

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 933 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 02:39 PM

I'm trying to get those equips to test them but the RWC are way OverPriced, I'm getting enough to try and get them. Thanks for the suggestion.

An as for endow... I really need that? I thought that the element from weapon + iron cannonball would get fire element.. Maybe i'm wrong, i'll test it. Thanks.

#5 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 02:40 PM

He won't need an endow slave, because the red twin is fire already naturally.

Those gears look pretty good to me already, but as mentioned already, one thing you can focus on is improving your spam rate and not the damage numbers, by improving your cast time.

#6 QQRAWR

QQRAWR

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 933 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:49 PM

He won't need an endow slave, because the red twin is fire already naturally.

Those gears look pretty good to me already, but as mentioned already, one thing you can focus on is improving your spam rate and not the damage numbers, by improving your cast time.

Then I'll try to get FAW and COD [KK Card]
Thanks!

#7 bendotzz

bendotzz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:10 AM

Oh really. I always thought the cannon balls determine what element you're dealing. Hence that's why you still miss on ghosts with red twin + iron cannons, but I'm no expert.

#8 Dammage

Dammage

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 778 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 04 November 2013 - 11:33 AM

Nope, even elemental cannonballs miss ghosts, it's kinda dumb thatit's force neutral like AB

#9 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 04 November 2013 - 11:47 AM

In the past, people used to 1-shot scarabas with DF/FE. I think with modern cast time reduction gear, CC is better DPS, and cheaper to do. 

Nope, even elemental cannonballs miss ghosts, it's kinda dumb thatit's force neutral like AB

Wrong, this was changed in an update in april. 

Now, after the entire damage calculation is completed normally (including weapon element applied to watk/eatk), the cannonball modifier is applied to the /entire/ damage (meaning some of the damage gets modified by element twice!). If the cannonball element is not neutral, the weapon element is set to cannonball element - I don't recall if this can be overridden, but it's trivial to test. 

Oh really. I always thought the cannon balls determine what element you're dealing. Hence that's why you still miss on ghosts with red twin + iron cannons, but I'm no expert.

See above :-) The neutral modifier for the cannonball is applied to the whole damage after everything else, so it won't hit ghosts. 

Edited by DrAzzy, 04 November 2013 - 11:48 AM.

#10 QQRAWR

QQRAWR

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 933 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 10:23 PM

Thats great.! I've seen videos about DF/FE in scaraba but it is really expensive, thanks for the info anyway.

I'll try to get better cast time reduction gears.

#11 Dammage

Dammage

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 778 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 05 November 2013 - 01:30 AM

In the past, people used to 1-shot scarabas with DF/FE. I think with modern cast time reduction gear, CC is better DPS, and cheaper to do. 

Wrong, this was changed in an update in april. 

Now, after the entire damage calculation is completed normally (including weapon element applied to watk/eatk), the cannonball modifier is applied to the /entire/ damage (meaning some of the damage gets modified by element twice!). If the cannonball element is not neutral, the weapon element is set to cannonball element - I don't recall if this can be overridden, but it's trivial to test. 

See above :-) The neutral modifier for the cannonball is applied to the whole damage after everything else, so it won't hit ghosts. 

Oh -_- really?!? They finally fixed it? Damn so much changed over half a year, glad they finally set that straight now ET wont be so damn annoying lol

#12 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:28 AM

Oh -_- really?!? They finally fixed it? Damn so much changed over half a year, glad they finally set that straight now ET wont be so damn annoying lol

I'm not sure I'd call it "fixed" exactly, but it's much more favorable to us now! 

#13 Dammage

Dammage

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 778 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:59 AM

I'm just glad i wont have to stop at evil snake lord now xD

#14 itsyaboyitsyaboy

itsyaboyitsyaboy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 04:49 AM

I'm trying to get those equips to test them but the RWC are way OverPriced, I'm getting enough to try and get them. Thanks for the suggestion.

An as for endow... I really need that? I thought that the element from weapon + iron cannonball would get fire element.. Maybe i'm wrong, i'll test it. Thanks.

The RWC is definently worth it, you can get really good cast reduction with the pendant it just might take a little patience and a lot of RWC resets but if you don't have zenny you can buy them with KP. But KK is like 800m and RWC box is 100m. And your gonna want atleast a +9 COD to put the KK in (I have mine in a +11) because the card is so expensive you might as well get the most out of it and its based off the helm upgrade level. But your looking at 1.2b ish for KK COD. And I guarantee you can get some good cast reduct with the rwc pendant for a lot cheaper. Rally boxes last I seen were 77m and RWC resets usually around 100m. I went ahead and got 2 boxes so I could get 2 pendants and I got spell 3/3 on both in under 15 resets which is probably pretty lucky but even spell 2 would be good just to start off to help you cast faster. Since you don't have to worry about damage due to Painkiller. Im not knockin COD of caster its just its really expensive and if your on a tighter budget I think you could get some better cast reduction with the RWC pendants for a lot cheaper then the KK atleast until you can save up for a KK and +9 CoD and maybe try and upgrade the helm yourself.

Edited by itsyaboyitsyaboy, 07 November 2013 - 04:50 AM.

#15 QQRAWR

QQRAWR

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 933 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:28 AM

The RWC is definently worth it, you can get really good cast reduction with the pendant it just might take a little patience and a lot of RWC resets but if you don't have zenny you can buy them with KP. But KK is like 800m and RWC box is 100m. And your gonna want atleast a +9 COD to put the KK in (I have mine in a +11) because the card is so expensive you might as well get the most out of it and its based off the helm upgrade level. But your looking at 1.2b ish for KK COD. And I guarantee you can get some good cast reduct with the rwc pendant for a lot cheaper. Rally boxes last I seen were 77m and RWC resets usually around 100m. I went ahead and got 2 boxes so I could get 2 pendants and I got spell 3/3 on both in under 15 resets which is probably pretty lucky but even spell 2 would be good just to start off to help you cast faster. Since you don't have to worry about damage due to Painkiller. Im not knockin COD of caster its just its really expensive and if your on a tighter budget I think you could get some better cast reduction with the RWC pendants for a lot cheaper then the KK atleast until you can save up for a KK and +9 CoD and maybe try and upgrade the helm yourself.

You know.. I already bought the 2 RWC boxes and i'm enchanting them but its kind of expensive on restes haha but i've noticied a great cast time reducion even with spell 2 the next thing i'm looking for its FAW and prolly COD + KK later, the damage against scaraba maybe its power but with the spam rate i'm getting its great!

Thanks for the advice.!

#16 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:09 PM

You don't _need_ to push to spell 3/3 until you have all the other parts, at which point spell 2 vs 3 is the difference between instacast and 2% cast time (ie, a cast bar during which you can be hit and have cast broken*, forcing you to wear an orleans, which adds +15% cast bringing you to 17% cast time). All of a sudden that spell 2 vs 3 is the difference between half second CC casts, and instacast. 

* There is no amount of reduction less than 100% that's acceptable to wear without phen effect in my experience. You take off your phen, marching out with a few % cast reduc, and do a few mobs fine, and then end up repeatedly having your cast broken in a big mob...

Edited by DrAzzy, 08 November 2013 - 12:11 PM.

#17 QQRAWR

QQRAWR

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 933 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 07:16 AM

Ooooh ok, i think that i need to get all the gear for it to be worth.. And btw.. Should i slot them or get 3int/3int & 3/3spell?

#18 itsyaboyitsyaboy

itsyaboyitsyaboy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 01:15 PM

Its just up to man, you can get an Orleans pretty cheap, last ones I bought were 15m and if you want try to enchant them yourself with the npc in south pront. Since your using CC you might try and get an +3 int one or you can buy one in the vendors for pretty cheap. I personally have Str  in my pendants but its up to you. That slot is not as crucial as the the other two are in my opinon I worried about getting spell reduction and I went from spell2 to spell3. But any cast reduction is good so if you get like spell 2/2 on both of em and your low on resets I would just wait till you can get some more tickets. But the stat part isn't near as important as the other 2 slots. So if you can get spell 2/2 to start off with on both then you will be good and can upgrade it later. If your purely gonna be CC'ing then you can get int in both of em I use str because I do a lot of Mvping and Acid bomb is mainly based off the str stat. Good luck to you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users