Improve the Oblivion Temple Raid system - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Improve the Oblivion Temple Raid system

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 29 October 2010 - 10:06 PM

So we all remember the Oblivion Temple Raids last year, and how they were farmed endlessy, but for a good reason. So despite these instance being an old fad I decided to do a couple just for the hell of it.

You could get two types of items that were exclusive to this raid; Unique mask and unique weapon boxes. At the time these masks were superior to crafted ones (which made them worth seeking) and the weapons were ridiculously overpowered (also made them desireable).

Today however, these masks are obsolete and completely inferior to the crafted masks! Not to mention with the recent crafting update, big stats are all obtainable and not uncommon on crafted masks. These masks are overall pretty ugly and I think it is safe to say that people would rather where the crafted ones anyway.

The unique weapons on the other hand, are still useful, although not as overpowered as they once were (which is a good thing); they are still the best items to equip on your noob if you can where them. These weapons still hold some value because of this.

Now there is one more type of item to drop from these raids: catalysts.

Before we acknowledge the rewards; take a look at the process of getting them.

You need a ruvens token and a party to enter

Same as before, only now ruven's token are only obtainable in the item mall. Before you could obtain them ingame through the battleground quest as well as the item mall. Every member of the party that wishes to enter needs one...

The regular enemies do not drop anything

Even if they are yellow, the only items dropped are from the boss.

The boss only drops one item

Say you have a party of people that enter the raid. They all need a ruvens token which costs actual money, and look the boss you all took down drops 1 green powder!

Yes the boss drops catalysts but the few times of tried I've only gotten green or red powder drops. What kind of reward is that for a team of 200+ players?

But, who says you need a team?
The AI on the expert level bosses is absolutely terrible, it does not even deal damage

It used to Pre-Orlo, I don't what happened since then.

So if you really wanted to kill it, just drag it to the corner and melee it for several minutes (because it has a ton of hp) come back and pick up your green powder or garbage mask box.

Obviously these raids weren't meant for one person to solo it, if so then why would a party be required?

If a Ruven's token is mandatory to enter, thats fine. Just make it worth the effort. All of the enemies should give drops inside instead of only the boss. There is a limited number of enemies inside so the drops should be decent (from the regular ones) but any big drops should be rare, maybe even plutorunes or venarunes could drop from the enemies at a very low rate, players already need to spend item mall points to get inside, this will give them a reason to. I would say not the boss because well, you'd end up spending more money to get into the raid (a party) than you would buying a plutorune directly from the item mall.

I'm not really sure what the boss should drop; I don't want to see the unique masks overpowere the crafted ones again because that is an unstable cycle, but at the same time if they will be useless they shouldn't drop from the expert boss anymore (maybe the easy one?). If catalysts are to drop from the bosses, leave out the powders, they should drop from the regular enemies.

If these were to truely be improved new items should be dropped by the boss, but I really don't know what.

To top it off the boss should actually pose a challenge. Don't be afraid to give the expert level boss monstrous stats, look at how stong the players are. Give the boss some self buffs, and aoe with defense down, an aoe mute and even damage over time skills. Make the champ in full 15's cry if he has to fight it alone. I think it's possible to do without having it spam debuffs every 5 seconds.

And to prevent people from farming the hell out of it like before, put a 12 hour downtime for every raid.

Anyway leave your feedback.

Edited by Phish, 29 October 2010 - 10:10 PM.

#2 gEddeh

gEddeh

Boomshakalaka~!

• Members
  • 4426 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:gEddeh

Posted 30 October 2010 - 04:06 AM

You say the OT masks are inferior to crafted masks and I see almost everyone walk around with crafted items (most champions use a beard).
I don't see the problem sorry xD

Edited by gEddeh, 30 October 2010 - 05:04 AM.

#3 BrownBear

BrownBear

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 712 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 04:24 AM

Do you know what inferior means geddeh?

#4 gEddeh

gEddeh

Boomshakalaka~!

• Members
  • 4426 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam

Posted 30 October 2010 - 05:09 AM

Can you read BrownBear?
First I said almost
Second I see no problem because everyone is using crafted masks, so it gives artisan's work. Instead of that the craft of face items would be useless.
And you always got exeptions. My Kaltet mask is 15 STR + 50 DEF + 10 STR + 40 AP.
You should learn how to see certain matters in different perspectives instead of a one-side view.

#5 tENLAVUU

tENLAVUU

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1757 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 08:44 AM

I like this, I do agree with making the boss extremely OP to where you need a party of people to down it. It should be able to deal tons of damage to the point where a strong group of players won't guarantee your survival.

I would also like to add a suggestion where you have to kill all the monsters in a room before being able to advance to the next room. This will prevent people from just running pass everything and arrive at the main room with no sweat. And make these monsters be a challenge also.

#6 Phish

Phish

• Members
  • 3564 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 12:25 PM

Can you read BrownBear?
First I said almost
Second I see no problem because everyone is using crafted masks, so it gives artisan's work. Instead of that the craft of face items would be useless.
And you always got exeptions. My Kaltet mask is 15 STR + 50 DEF + 10 STR + 40 AP.
You should learn how to see certain matters in different perspectives instead of a one-side view.

You kind of missed my point. If you want ap you would use the nomadic beard, if you want defense you would use the ego mask (which also gives mdef) the Kaltet mask is just a much weaker mix of them both.

You also realize that the 10/40 stat on one of those masks is very rare and can take hundreds of boxes to open before you get the stat, and to think that is the best you'll get on that mask.

Yes it's good that artisans can craft worthwile items but that doesn't mean items obtained from these raids should be rubbish either.

#7 PickUp

PickUp

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1774 posts
  • LocationNowhereland
  • Server:Forums

Posted 31 October 2010 - 12:50 PM

I also suggested some improvements back in the old forums, but nothing happened. :)

#8 paLDube

paLDube

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 696 posts
  • Locationheaven
  • Server:leonis

Posted 31 October 2010 - 01:03 PM

i rarely see anyone who wear U mask now. ..

#9 twitch

twitch

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1404 posts
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 03 November 2010 - 12:42 PM

only negative i see is the 12 hour time unless ofc its just for that 1 guy (if thats what it meant sorry) because it would suck for 2 spawns daily and if its going to be 12 hours it better be a sexy ass iteam :(

#10 Phish

Phish

• Members
  • 3564 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 03:29 PM

only negative i see is the 12 hour time unless ofc its just for that 1 guy (if thats what it meant sorry) because it would suck for 2 spawns daily and if its going to be 12 hours it better be a sexy ass iteam :(

Yeah 12 hours per person is what I meant. That would to prevent it from being over farmed like it used to be.

#11 gEddeh

gEddeh

Boomshakalaka~!

• Members
  • 4426 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam

Posted 04 November 2010 - 12:40 AM

And how about make an instance quest? Just like the Cave of Ulvrick? If you go in without the quest you get crappy items and if you go in with the quest it will work like an Instance :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users