IS it illegal to sell/buy power leveling? - Newbie Zone - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

IS it illegal to sell/buy power leveling?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 iMSoMeXiCaN

iMSoMeXiCaN

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • Location(714) So-cal!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:01 AM

Just a question since i wasn't able to find anything about it. By powerleveling i mean the person invites you to party and you simple AFK, you pay them Items/Zulies

#2 Naughty

Naughty

Too Legit To Quit

• ROSE Moderators
  • 2657 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:14 AM

From what i understand, as long as you are not Bot afking -.^ and are simply sitting still afk

The zulie or game item payment, would be a private arrangement, between you and said party.

The payment of real life cash/items...is out of the question and a bannable offence.

Furthermore...Trust trades are not allowed to be posted/advertised in the Forums and if you were some how, not paid the promised item or zulie,

Rose Support would not assist. So do ingame item/zulie agreements with caution.

#3 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:36 AM

It should not be considered illegal, but it is risky and when problems do occur, you won't get any help from support as said above by Naughty.

However, it is perfectly fine to do this (although you might still get in trouble if the party you powerlevel in has botters).

#4 iMSoMeXiCaN

iMSoMeXiCaN

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • Location(714) So-cal!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:39 AM

It should not be considered illegal, but it is risky and when problems do occur, you won't get any help from support as said above by Naughty.

However, it is perfectly fine to do this (although you might still get in trouble if the party you powerlevel in has botters).

I dont get whats all about these "botters". My knowledge of bots are usually programs which can usually do complex stuff for someone like controlling 2-3 clients at the same time.

Would using macros be considered a "bot"?

#5 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:54 AM

I dont get whats all about these "botters". My knowledge of bots are usually programs which can usually do complex stuff for someone like controlling 2-3 clients at the same time.

Would using macros be considered a "bot"?

The only macros that are allowed in game are ones used for crafting and opening large amounts of consumables (say you need to open 10 stacks of 999 dirties, then yes you can use a macro for this). Macros that do any kind of combat activity (healing, using skills, attacking, etc.) is illegal and the account will be suspended if caught doing it.

#6 iMSoMeXiCaN

iMSoMeXiCaN

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • Location(714) So-cal!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:03 AM

The only macros that are allowed in game are ones used for crafting and opening large amounts of consumables (say you need to open 10 stacks of 999 dirties, then yes you can use a macro for this). Macros that do any kind of combat activity (healing, using skills, attacking, etc.) is illegal and the account will be suspended if caught doing it.

Ah okay. stuff i would usually use macros for anyways.

#7 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:32 PM

What Jerremy didn't mention, is that you must be present at your keyboard, while those macros (crafting and opening large amounts of items) is being used.

#8 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:09 PM

You wouldn't want a GM or Myself to pop in and say Hello without a response to you auto-attacking/Skilling. That equals a permanent ban in my book. :ok:

#9 DCmaster

DCmaster

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:09 PM

What Jerremy didn't mention, is that you must be present at your keyboard, while those macros (crafting and opening large amounts of items) is being used.

Because Gravity sends out Naughty to make sure you're at your keyboard!  :)

#10 craps

craps

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • LocationGermany, Cologne
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:16 PM

You wouldn't want a GM or Myself to pop in and say Hello without a response to you auto-attacking/Skilling. That equals a permanent ban in my book. :ok:

I didn't know its a policy that says that someone has to reply when someone is saying Hello :/

#11 Soda

Soda

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1188 posts
  • Location-Pee-lippines
  • Server:Leo-Tards

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:24 AM

I have a question, is botting in CD considered illegal? Cause I've encountered a champ spamming skills inside the crystal using bot (I have SS to prove it).

#12 Logi

Logi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1060 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 03:14 AM

I have a question, is botting in CD considered illegal? Cause I've encountered a champ spamming skills inside the crystal using bot (I have SS to prove it).

Is there no limit to how lazy these people get?  Probably using dual client in CD, via proxy IP, just to make sure they win.

I vote we make it so this champ can play rose but can never ever again with no changing this collect honour points, you wanna play honourless.... fine.

#13 Soda

Soda

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1188 posts
  • Location-Pee-lippines
  • Server:Leo-Tards

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:31 AM

Is there no limit to how lazy these people get?  Probably using dual client in CD, via proxy IP, just to make sure they win.

I vote we make it so this champ can play rose but can never ever again with no changing this collect honour points, you wanna play honourless.... fine.

She wasnt afk though. I think she was just lazy to spam the aoes thats why she had to use the bot. (idk what can be so hard by putting all aoes at f1-f6 and just press it? lol)

EDIT: Forgot about the dual clienting part. Well, she probably was. Cant tell.

Edited by Soda, 15 November 2013 - 07:32 AM.

#14 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:11 AM

BOTTING OVERALL IS ILLEGAL. DON'T DO IT.

#15 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country

Posted 15 November 2013 - 10:11 AM

Again, the only botting that is permitted in the game, is for crafting, or opening large amounts of stuff at the same time. Then, you must be at your keyboard while it is running. All other botting is illegal. I believe Zurn has a link on his signature, which will take you to the bot rules.

#16 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:54 AM

Those Rules are always subject to change depending on Gravity, so ShazamO would know more about it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users