Lanie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts
  • LocationAlberta
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 16 November 2013 - 06:17 PM

While technically there is already a random prize box for events, there is always the idea of getting community suggested ideas for possible prizes.  Staff are free to edit this post to include their own input directly.

Edits to this post include either:

• Types of things being excluded if new ideas are presented for exclusion (either by staff, or by a community suggestion for such an exclusion idea that gets approved).
  • List of items suggested by the community which are not subject to exclusion (Though obviously this just means the staff gets to discuss it, they still might not approve it, meaning this is their list of things to discuss and consider).

Exclusion List: (List of types of things which can not be accepted)

• Kafra Store Items
  • Permanent Costumes (Temporary can be acceptable as something occurring infrequently)
  • "Economy Breaking" Items (Such as some of the big prizes in the Phantom Pyramid)

Suggestion List: (List of specific items under consideration, which do not qualify as anything in the Exclusion List)

• Dyes
  • Event Spinel Box
  • Event Refinement Box
  • Event Material Box (for Recipes)
  • Event Zeny Box
  • Rune Enhancement
  • Town Scrolls
  • Normal Unidentified Cards
  • Unidentified Recipes
  • A coupon entitling the winner to either a panda plushy or a personalized joke from Njoror, prize selected randomly

Post to this topic if you have input for either of the above to lists. This information is useful for making the ERPB include good prizes for VEP events, though I suspect they will also use it for other events too.

Edited by Lanie, 20 November 2013 - 01:15 PM.

#2 Kytosai

Kytosai

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts
  • LocationLaguana

Posted 16 November 2013 - 06:40 PM

Well, I'll list a few ideas for ya!

• Event Refine Box (The 10 Ori one)
  • Event Spinel Box (5 event spinels)

And that's all I can think of at the moment.

Edited by Kytosai, 16 November 2013 - 06:40 PM.

#3 RavenTDA

RavenTDA

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 531 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 17 November 2013 - 04:38 AM

Large Bags!

#4 NuwaChan

NuwaChan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 439 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 06:34 AM

You say economy breaking, but i think there should be some events that increase the supply

of certain items, right now ppl want over 60k for permanent devil horns. this is because the

drop % is somewhere in the single digits from the munil acc box.

Right now mesmerizing ramos cards sell for double what mesmerizing ramos normal + do.

This is because everyone wants the blue rare cards for the legendary card master khara,

you will see a similar situation with the other green cards for this khara.

THis is because of how rare these items are and how much ppl need these items.

Unidenitified Cards need over 100k bp or over 10 chance coupons to get. I think both

chance coupons, and Unidentified cards should be added to events.

Since the store is not selling Karnium anymore and happy hour will not happen for a while

the Karnium 5 pack would be a good prize too.

Edited by NuwaChan, 17 November 2013 - 06:37 AM.

#5 Draobyek

Draobyek

Amateur Blogger

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 386 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 08:57 AM

I'm going to say the Rune Enhancement Elixers, but the Pandora Box variant which is non-tradable. Don't think they'd cause too much of an issue, especially if they carry some rarity or something.

#6 Splendens

Splendens

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 450 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 17 November 2013 - 09:52 AM

Might be a little too cheap/ordinary, but how about town warp scrolls?  Just throwing it out there.

#7 RavenTDA

RavenTDA

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 531 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 10:32 AM

If the store isn't selling karnium anymore can we have the need for it eliminated then as in don't let our crap break if it doesn't work out? Or some sort of assured way to get it? It needs to drop somewhere or be part of those attendance rewards or something. But as of right now +1 to karnium as prize if nothing is going to change about it.

Another thing to add is maybe going off what Nuwa Chan said about cards perhaps unidentified cards can be stashed in there. (but please not rare unidentified card those are awful)

Also some of those card sleeve protectors would be nice. I get they aren't anywhere in the game yet but none of us can really refine any cards without them because the frequency of them breaking is too great even on the first try. 25% success rate for just +1? Yikes.

I'd like to suggest normal dyes and super punchers. I know super punchers are kafra shop items but hey man have you checked the prices for this stuff lately? Its pretty out of control. Also is there a reason why kafra shop items aren't being allowed to be added to this? Because part of the biggest issue with the economy is that kafra shop buyers hold most of the game's zeny because their stuff never really drops in prices compared to ALL the other ways to figure out how to make money in this game. Selling kafra shop items has always been the simple, fast easy way to do it and quite frankly a lot of that stuff is way too overpriced and needs to drop. I say add in some more of those things.

Also storage keys for +20 more space at the kafra would be good. Again I do get this is kafra shop stuff but still.

Those green gram pots that add +3k hp?

Ultra-rare recipes such as soul-shifting bbq, stomach meat roll, potion spray, and noel gear.

Cold hard zeny. 500z sounds fair?

Gold cards. There's no way to get them in game right now is there?

Also please have everything be trade-able. Sometimes we get a cool item and just don't need it. I don't get the need for it to be so exclusive. Let us share or sell.

Things not to include? Potion boxes. I am drowning in them from colo boxes so much I could die.

Edited by RavenTDA, 17 November 2013 - 10:34 AM.

#8 MoonlitSonata

MoonlitSonata

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 11:52 AM

Event spinels, super punchers, dyes (not premium), graham potions, pump it up hard pills like the ones you get from pandoras, heck, even untradeable phantom stones. Or special event costumes like Drake, Grand Pirate, and Viking would all be nice. Union point random boxes too, maybe? And ori too. T1 epic crafts might help too.

#9 ZeroDark30

ZeroDark30

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Server:.w. I am Yami

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:03 AM

Maybe some premium dyes and special runes...

#10 SoraOfKHK

SoraOfKHK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1319 posts
  • Server:Odin, Channels 1-5

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:56 AM

Large Bags, Union Boxes, Wind Elixirs (both the 60s and 10 minute ones to add to variety, but if you add them, make it a stack of 5), and Event Karnium (stack of 5).

I get that they don't want Kafra Shop items, but there are many Event equivalents for some of them, and the reason they probably don't want to include Kafra Items is probably due to profits, but any form of equivalent item will prevent people from purchasing that item, correct? This means Karniums and Spinels. If they're not against it due to possible profit loss, then I don't see why they would be against it.

I think Kafra items need to have more availability for non-paying players (those who refuse to pay, or can't afford to). Why? Because Kafra Shop buyers own the economy, because they can monopolize those items easily. Zeny doesn't come into the game at a super fast rate. You get like 300 per day or something can be generated by an individual, if you do all daily quests and such, and you get some from certain Kharas, and you also get around 2,500-3,000 from level 1 to 50, but Zeny sinks eventually suck it out of the economy.

#11 StrawberriKiwi

StrawberriKiwi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 485 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:21 PM

How bout zeny as small prizes.. Like 50z or something easy to obtain (via khara) etc. For really small events of course... likeeeeeee really easy unscramble the words or something. Also those costume extends? It's not kafra item but i think only those who can get coupons wil have them :x 

#12 Reyaje

Reyaje

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 02:12 AM

What about 10k KP :D  joke.

I was thinking if the event random prize there's oridecon  and mysterious crystals right, instead on 1 piece, make it 10 piece.

Edited by Reyaje, 28 November 2013 - 02:23 AM.

#13 Zanbee

Zanbee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1622 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 05:53 PM

From now on, we will be giving away special Event Random Boxes as prizes. These boxes will have a random chance of giving winners ONE of the following:

Oridecon Piece

Premium Dye

Spinel

Meastro Artisan's Purple Potion

Movement Speed Elixir

Octopus Head Accessory (7 days)

Enjoy!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users