Tiki Tuesday Question Lounge for 11/19 - Bahooka Tiki Lounge - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Tiki Tuesday Question Lounge for 11/19

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
93 replies to this topic

#1 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 18 November 2013 - 08:34 AM

Here's the place to ask questions for this upcoming maintenance which I shall strive to answer during the 3pm Tuesday live show. 

For this week's recipe: 

A delicious authentic Tiki restaurant appetizer (and wholly inauthentic "Asian" appetizer), Crab Rangoon is our subject for today. Fried and stuffed (if done right) with cream cheese and crab it is a very good pair for the Tiki cocktail of your choice. During the height of the midcentury, you could find these at nearly all Polynesian themed bars and restaurants.  

thumb_600.jpg?1350607168

Attached is a sliiiightly healthier version of the original recipe from the Food Thread on Tiki Central that is baked instead of fried. All credit goes to the original author of the recipe. I have tried this (albeit using cheap-o imitation krab) and it comes out rather well. 

Oven-fried Crab Rangoon 

Ingredients
Spoiler
Instructions
Spoiler

You can of course fold the wonton skins in half, forming the familiar triangle, but for true 1960s authenticity (and this might not work as well when baked) you fold them into little packages like in the video below. This really adds a little bit of class to the dish! If you guys actually try these recipes, please shout out in the comments. 

Questions answered: 

With RWC being this weekend does iRO have any server events planned considering we will not be going?
We do not have any RWC themed events planned. However we do have thanksgiving and a refine event going in this week.

Hey Oda can you and WP crew make a cooking video?
Yes, that's something that I think would be fun to do but we aren't able to cook at the office-it'd have to be filmed elsewhere.

What are your responses to the new Steam users regarding automatically closed tickets and people having trouble connecting?
The GM team should not be closing tickets without responses. Please give Oda some ticket numbers and Oda would be happy to look into it. Oda is pleased

will there be a thanksgiving event this year or we just waiting til xmas?
Yes, we are putting in multiple Thanksgiving quests this week. 

can we PLEASE get Cold Breath as a quest reward for xmas? in fact a costume cold breath would be even better...
We have not received new item data, some new new items we may not have the sprite data for yet. 

Is it possible to bring back the warping NPC to the extra Izlude channels? with the change that newly made characters will always spawn in channel one to avoid confusion.
It's something we can look into, as it was it was not a very well designed system and it's not well illustrated to players how to use the multiple versions. 

Are Dead Branches going to turn back to normal this week?
Not yet, this is still being evaluated. 

when can we expect the directx 9 update?
We have asked kRO HQ about this, but do not have updates on when we might be able to receive this. 

how can the community help advertise this game best? ive tried on my own FB but as a 35 yr old long time player what i enjoy and what my FB peeps enjoy game wise dont always match up... are there any other ways youd guys would suggest us to spread the joy of iRO to the masses? you know the majority of the community want to help!
Videos, livestreaming and participating in the Steam and other gaming communities really does help. We get a bump in registrations when we do our live shows. 

1. Can we request & concentrate on getting the scripts implemented for gear fixes? Not just the fix for the Owl & a skill fix for one class?
2. Skill Balance for Thief/Rogue Class. (This is for Oda ONLY) I do NOT need feedback on this.
Skill balance on Renewal is 98% controlled by kRO in terms of how the skill and characters work. If a skill simply does not work that we can report to them. 

3. Is anything being done, or going to be done, to add an additional digit to the vend, and/or deal amount, in order to increase them, along with increasing the zeny limit per character. If so when?
We do not have an estimated time for the update to the trade/vend transaction limits. 

4. Can we get additional space added to the friends list?
That is also controlled by kRO. 

Also Can there be an update to the nospam config to also block pm spams from gold bots?? Since they have 1 bot that take down names now they will always spam you with its other bots if you reject whispering of the one that spammed you first x_x
Our Community Devs are taking a look at expanding nospam to do something along these lines

Did kRO ever get back to your team yet about the Battlegrounds queuing system with any kind of reply?
No new information on that yet. 

How long Gravity plans to advertise iRO online ? i mean it seems the population boom we're having recently is mostly result of steam ads(or you call it collabration? i really don't know how steam works,so can't choose the best word here), and honestly i loved it. Just want to hear from an official mouth how big of a growth is planned for iRO.Will we ever see so mentioned crowded old days of the server,like 10k of people at a non woe day? /slur
Advertising is a tough thing, especially with a game that is 10 years old. Steam has been very good for getting our name out there and we have other projects we are working on to get RO in the spotlight. I do not know if we'd be able to get up to 10,000 people but we'd certainly like to make some population increases on Classic and Renewal. 

Also can Oda get drunk and stream?
I don't drink to drunkenness really, don't care for the feeling. Also, HR certainly wouldn't want me imbibing on company time and I think it would diminish the quality of the broadcast. 

Now would new players coming in and not knowing the game that well to create stats right. Can the mesmerizer be brought back?
For Renewal this is something we can look at. 

#2 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 November 2013 - 09:40 AM

With RWC being this weekend does iRO have any server events planned considering we will not be going?

#3 Baturiano

Baturiano

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 3058 posts
  • LocationToronto Canada
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 18 November 2013 - 09:43 AM

Hey Oda can you and WP crew make a cooking video?

#4 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 09:45 AM

Not the 19th?

#5 JillOfTrades

JillOfTrades

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 499 posts
  • Twitter:@JillofTradesLA
  • LocationLouisiana, USA

Posted 18 November 2013 - 09:56 AM

What are your responses to the new Steam users regarding automatically closed tickets and people having trouble connecting?

#6 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 18 November 2013 - 10:08 AM

can we PLEASE get Cold Breath as a quest reward for xmas? in fact a costume cold breath would be even better...

BOTH OF THESE HEADGEARS WOULD BE APPRECIATED http://nozomi.arege....ite_19598_18746

#7 Zayaan

Zayaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1801 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 10:19 AM

Can we have a storage NPC near malangdo culverts entrance? People doing culverts on non-VIP accounts would appreciate it.

Will mild wind levels 5-7 ever be made available through zodiac hats? Can you increase the mild wind level 2 proc rate from libra diadem? It's really low compared to the other 3.

Edited by Zayaan, 18 November 2013 - 12:14 PM.

#8 Hyperballad

Hyperballad

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 246 posts
  • LocationSlovenia

Posted 18 November 2013 - 10:48 AM

1. ETA on the rest of the recent card update; we got 10 out of 30 cards from that patch

2. ETA on level cap increase

3. ETA on new instances - Sarah's Memories, Jitterbug, Nightmare GH, ..

Thanks

#9 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 18 November 2013 - 10:56 AM

Is it possible to bring back the warping NPC to the extra Izlude channels? with the change that newly made characters will always spawn in channel one to avoid confusion.

Please consider that a lot of people don't like to deal with spambots, crowded NPCs and gold sellers taking your names to PM you, in one of the main passing by areas. The only problem with it was that people spawned randomized between all the channels, so fix that and make it as it used to be, it was a nice feature =]

#10 Ambur

Ambur

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3403 posts
  • LocationNevada
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 18 November 2013 - 11:55 AM

Can we have a storage NPC near malangdo culverts entrance? People doing culverts on non-VIP accounts would appreciate it.

A cat on the island let's you get into storage. o.o

#11 Daray

Daray

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1019 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 12:23 PM

Are Dead Branches going to turn back to normal this week?

#12 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 18 November 2013 - 01:08 PM

only if players can stop being buttholes about the way DBs are used....

#13 Erydanos

Erydanos

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1159 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:07 PM

BOTH OF THESE HEADGEARS WOULD BE APPRECIATED http://nozomi.arege....ite_19598_18746

*Wants*  :ani_awsm:  :ani_awsm:  :ani_awsm:

#14 michaeleeli

michaeleeli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2784 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil/Chaos

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:07 PM

We need this! (From 2 years ago)

http://ragnarok.leve...rs-enchantment/

#15 xMSGx

xMSGx

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1037 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:15 PM

#16 richardsiahaan

richardsiahaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1378 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:17 PM

when malangdo patch coming?

#17 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas
  • Server:Chaos when no Time Gaps

Posted 18 November 2013 - 07:20 PM

My first question, before wasting my time posting my questions for a third week in a row, is are we going to actually get answers & are they going to be posted this week?

#18 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas
  • Server:Chaos when no Time Gaps

Posted 18 November 2013 - 07:27 PM

Will mild wind levels 5-7 ever be made available through zodiac hats? Can you increase the mild wind level 2 proc rate from libra diadem? It's really low compared to the other 3.

There already is & it's free if you use a Malang SP Can. It's the Cat NPC towards the left of where the enchanting is done.

What still needs to be added is an Eden Teleporter though. They were added in almost every other town but Malangdo.

only if players can stop being buttholes about the way DBs are used....

I don't think you're in charge, or a GM, so I'm sure it's not up to you :P

#19 Aneslia

Aneslia

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 18 November 2013 - 08:55 PM

Is it possible to add second storage on Hugel's kafra? I know it's only a few players saving at this town but I really want it T_T please~~~

#20 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 18 November 2013 - 10:42 PM

When are we getting the next set of updates from this thread? Specifically the rebirth with zeny update. (Dated March 28th, 2012)

#21 Hyperballad

Hyperballad

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 246 posts
  • LocationSlovenia

Posted 19 November 2013 - 02:24 AM

When are we getting the next set of updates from this thread? Specifically the rebirth with zeny update. (Dated March 28th, 2012)

Or can Oda have a GM just copy paste that into and e-mail and add "Dear kRO" and "Yours sincerely" ?

#22 OniichanN

OniichanN

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1812 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 19 November 2013 - 04:30 AM

This. Also can Oda get drunk and stream? :>

#23 Rate

Rate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1114 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:bad news

Posted 19 November 2013 - 04:56 AM

why are thick bms account bound on classic

+why is classic detardeurus spawning with 3 hydros instead of 1

Edited by Rate, 19 November 2013 - 07:53 AM.

#24 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 19 November 2013 - 08:37 AM

Can we have this hat for groovy pack?

t2nf9Ne.gif
Heart Winged Hairband [1]

Skill after delay reduced by 5%, sp usage reduced by 10%. Both Skill after delay, and Sp usage reduce bonus increase by 3% every 3 refined level.

Type:Upper Headgear
Def: 0
Weight: 30
Lvl Req: 50
Class: all

Any chance that we could get kRO hats from Jan 2012~Jan 2013 headgears? one i'm posting was updated on Jan 2012.

#25 RoseRed21

RoseRed21

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 462 posts
  • Server:Chaos and Thor

Posted 19 November 2013 - 10:58 AM

Now would new players coming in and not knowing the game that well to create stats right. Can the mesmerizer be brought back?

Also Can there be an update to the nospam config to also block pm spams from gold bots?? Since they have 1 bot that take down names now they will always spam you with its other bots if you reject whispering of the one that spammed you first x_x

Edited by RoseRed21, 19 November 2013 - 11:09 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users