Hello! "New" here, need some advice ^^ - New Player Zone and General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Hello! "New" here, need some advice ^^

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 PlatinumNINE

PlatinumNINE

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 06:03 AM

Hello everyone, nice to meet you. I am a "old" RO player that just came back. ^^ I used to play on a Renewal server, but had to quit due to some time issues... but I'm back, and I'd be really glad to start again. I was a Biochemist back then, and I really liked the class, but I'd love to try something new. Thing is, I have no idea what to try! There are so many classes I never explored, but I want to make a "main" to eventually play in WoE and kill MvPs to gear some alts. I'd love to play a class that is good at WoE and killing MvP. Not necessarily something with great AoEs like Rangers, really. I love the sprites of SC and Mechs, but I think it would be better to make them as alts due to their difficulties in leveling up, if I remember right.

I'll try to make money the old way - by farming, a lot. Anything new that is worth farming? I've been out of the circle for about a year and half, so I don't know about the new updates/items.

Also, I would also like to try Classic - but I have no idea what the differences are, as of now. I love the amount of jobs that are in Renewal, but something about the long leveling and hard learning curve fascinates me. Thank you very much in advance, hope to see you in game! ^^

#2 Kieri

Kieri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2995 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Nothing.

Posted 20 November 2013 - 07:10 AM

Either Shura or Genetic would be a good class then, however Shura is more towards WoE than Genetic is while Genetic is more towards MvPing than Shura is. Also yeah there is a lot of new gears inside of Hall of Abyss Dungeons and from newer maps such as Eclage and Biolab Dungeon 4. 

#3 Perezoso15

Perezoso15

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1041 posts
  • LocationGironland~
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valk->Chaos

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:44 AM

Personally i love geneticist,it's my favourite class in the game by far and i encourage a lot of players into mvping to get into it,it's really fun and thrilling to play specially when you're soloing an mvp.

Here are some videos from a geneticist that's just...well...a beast but it's to show the extent of power the geneticist class has when it comes to even the hardest mvps.

http://forums.warppo...ist-mvp-videos/

#4 ReshiramFlare

ReshiramFlare

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 278 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:35 AM

Rune knight might be pretty nice for WoE and MvPing as well. Just might have a bit of trouble on fire element enemies if you go dragonbreath build.

#5 PlatinumNINE

PlatinumNINE

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 08:18 AM

Thank you everyone so far. ^^ I never tried a Rune Knight, and was quite interested in the other Swordman class, the Crusader...

About the Geneticist: they are awesome. They really are. But I already have a Biochemist, and I guess it wouldn't be bad to level it up. xD Though, I'm not sure I still remember the password of my old account. >_<

I was actually pretty interested in the Maestro/Wanderer class, but I always read that expecially Wanderer's lack of weapons or equipment makes it kind of useless. What if I wanted a class only good in PvM and MvP killing? I heard Ninja's new jobs are pretty good for WoE, so maybe I could roll one once I have a character I can farm with. Or maybe a Shadow Chaser...

I'm sorry I'm asking so much, but I'm just overexcited to start again. But thank you again!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users