Done some numbers on Protector armour.. Basically trying to get as much CON as possible, for a little investment as possible.
First I looked at how much CON gets added per reinforcement. The green highlights in the chart are the highest for that armour part.
The S1 seamless is in there for reference as it doesn't drop any more. If you look closely, the boots are more CON per + than 85!
About the LW helm:
- Converting the 11HP it adds per + to 2.2 CON, it adds 4.2 CON per +.
- It also starts with 90 HP as well as the 11 CON, essentially starting at 29 CON - max base CON on L85 is 26.
- Although breaking the L85 set bonus loses 35 CON, the once you get past +15 on the helm it's actually better, due to it adding 2.2 more per + than the 85.
- At +30 LW helm will give 155 CON, and the L85 with max base stats and including the 35 set bonus will give 121. That's 34 CON difference.
- LW is also the only armour part with Curse resistance.
- You will lose the 7% Fire Resistance part of the L85 set bonus.
Decide for yourself...
I added up the CON from various sets, whole and mixed. For +30....
The top set is the LW helm with the other 5 parts L85 CON.
Very close to a full 85 set is a mix:
- LW helm
- RH shoes
- Lower and shoulder from either Glorious, Conqueror or Sacred Pattern
- Upper and gloves from 85 CON
That is the best trade-off I can find for pure CON for as cheap as possible.
What also needs to be considered are resistances - most sets give Elec.
Conqueror is good for Fire resistance, and the L85 set has a little too (doesn't go up with reinforcing).
As mentioned, the LW helm is the only part with Curse.
L79 gives Light, which as far as I'm aware is not used in any PvE part of the game.
Edited by tally, 24 November 2013 - 09:57 AM.