Can someone give me some build advice? and a few questions about RK skills. - Swordsman Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Can someone give me some build advice? and a few questions about RK skills.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 GizMoMan

GizMoMan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 05:00 PM

I'm trying to plan my build but I have some questions about how some skills work.

What I'm thinking about doing for my skill build is

http://web.hc.keio.a...NbneAcFqQqnqnIn

Im leaning towards maxing Dragon breath and Sonic wave. I never cared for counter attack and that's how death bound works right? Wind cutter seems Meh. its also a Two hand only skill isn't it? and dragon howling seems more like a pvp/woe skill, and I heard the RK spear skills are Awful compared to spiral.

I guess its a hybrid of sorts.

I plan on my stats being

Str: 60
Agi: 70
Vit: 80
Int: 30
Dex: 50
Luk: 1

this is just level 99 though. No idea after it. I may need more dex. So i might drop Agi. if im just gonna reset anyways.
I might reset once i hit RK depending on how some skills work.

Mostly Ignition Break/Clashing Spiral.

Does agi effect the speed of these skills?
Since Clashing is considered a range attack does dex help it do more damage?

cause I'm guessing agi wont be helping me much after 99. I already can't dodge alot of attacks, but its helped me a lot so far getting to 97.

this is where I'm stuck atm. so any help would be nice.

EDIT: Also Can i reset after the 4th? I thought i remember reading you can but it needs a cash shop item. If you can't then i need to decided before then ;_;.

Edited by GizMoMan, 30 October 2010 - 05:10 PM.

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 01 November 2010 - 08:47 AM

I'm trying to plan my build but I have some questions about how some skills work.

What I'm thinking about doing for my skill build is

http://web.hc.keio.a...NbneAcFqQqnqnIn
I'm doing http://web.hc.keio.a...SbneAcFqQqnsRIn

I'd get aura blade instead of maxed spear mastery. If you thought mastery damage sucked BEFORE renewal, you should see it now u_u. Sonic Wave has a lovely long range, but does crap for damage, and Wind Cutter kinda stinks* too. Both skills are very disappointing.

Im leaning towards maxing Dragon breath and Sonic wave. I never cared for counter attack and that's how death bound works right? Wind cutter seems Meh. its also a Two hand only skill isn't it? and dragon howling seems more like a pvp/woe skill, and I heard the RK spear skills are Awful compared to spiral.

They are not 2h exclusive anymore.
And the RK spear skills aren't just awful compared to clashing spiral. They are just plain awful.

Deathbound is kinda like a counter. I think it'll be very useful though - the damage that can be inflicted with it is truly terrifying. When i was testing it, even relatively minor attacks would vaporize both me and the attacker. If it's level selectable (i forget if it is) i'd be useful, key up a bunch of levels of it, and try to guess what level will send your attacker back to town without the backlash dropping you at the same time. I'm not sure it needs to be maxed though, the damage it deals is stunningly high

I guess its a hybrid of sorts.

I plan on my stats being

Str: 60
Agi: 70
Vit: 80
Int: 30
Dex: 50
Luk: 1

this is just level 99 though. No idea after it. I may need more dex. So i might drop Agi. if im just gonna reset anyways.
I might reset once i hit RK depending on how some skills work.
Oh lord, please do. You will need a ton more dex, more int for SP, less agi, and if you're using physical attacks, at a point, luk helps more than more str (do the math out)

Mostly Ignition Break/Clashing Spiral.

Does agi effect the speed of these skills?
Only of the animation of you waving your spear around
Since Clashing is considered a range attack does dex help it do more damage?
It is based on weapon weight and physical attack (which is based on str, to a lesser extent luk, and to an even lesser extent dex. Str and dex are switched in priority when using a bow, gun, whip, or instrument class weapon. Whether it is a ranged attack has nothing to do with what the damage is based on.

You do need dex for clashing though, to reduce the cast time. Int also helps with cast time, and will help you deal with the SP use of spiral. Nyd mant + rideword hat is AWESOME for RK.

cause I'm guessing agi wont be helping me much after 99. I already can't dodge alot of attacks, but its helped me a lot so far getting to 97.
Probably true, yes. Reset that!

this is where I'm stuck atm. so any help would be nice.

EDIT: Also Can i reset after the 4th? I thought i remember reading you can but it needs a cash shop item. If you can't then i need to decided before then ;_;.
You can using reset stones. Everyone gets force-reset on the 4th, too. It will cost between 100 and 1000 kafra points to reset stats after the 4th, depending on level.

*As well it should, for a skill whose name is a combination of two expressions for farting ("break wind" and "cut the cheese").

Edited by DrAzzy, 03 November 2010 - 08:00 AM.

#3 GizMoMan

GizMoMan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 01:24 PM

Thanks Alot :)

#4 weaseI

weaseI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 08:46 AM

@azzy
What made you choose Aura Blade and max Pierce instead of Parry?

#5 GizMoMan

GizMoMan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 12:46 AM

been thinking about my stats. If doddlers stat calc is to be trusted I was thinking of going something like

Posted Image

i could also drop 10 vit and get int up to 97.

I was thinking of going 120 DEX. but dropping the 20 extra DEX and adding it to LUK gives me more HIT and extra attack power. who needs AGI. not like I would be dodging anything anyways. so dropping agi lets me raise my INT to 70 letting me spam skills all day erryday.
though this doesn't account for any gear i may have.

I have along while till I'm though 150 D:

Edited by GizMoMan, 03 November 2010 - 12:57 AM.

#6 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 03 November 2010 - 07:02 AM

@azzy
What made you choose Aura Blade and max Pierce instead of Parry?

Personal bias, i guess.

I have yet to pick up a 2h sword on my RK at level 120, and i'd prefer to take slightly more damage overall (shield vs parry), and not get parry-locked.

#7 weaseI

weaseI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 06:24 PM

Personal bias, i guess.

I have yet to pick up a 2h sword on my RK at level 120, and i'd prefer to take slightly more damage overall (shield vs parry), and not get parry-locked.

I see. I read that Pierce is not that great now and Aura Blade is still not that useful. I guess I'll go with Parry.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users