Don't know who to target? Target everyone: The spear champion. - Soldier Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 1 votes

Don't know who to target? Target everyone: The spear champion.

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 03 December 2013 - 07:38 AM

Seeing that my crossbow knight guide was well received, I decided to make another guide on a class that I play, this time the spear champion.  A lot of people have been asking me in game for advice on how to build a spear champion, so I figured I should make a guide on them on the forums here.

The spear champion overall is a good all-rounder class which can excel at both 1v1 and group combat, in PvP and PvM. A very versatile class which can be built in a lot of different ways, depending on what way you want to use the class.

Now what really defines this class is their high dps, average overall tankiness, and some good utility skills. However the spear champion completely lacks hard crowd control effects (stuns, sleeps or mutes). Also good to note is that although their skill powers are the lowest, and they lack both pierce defence and critical increasing passives, their cooldowns are shortest and they have the highest attack speed, making them still pretty viable.

Stat build:

First I'm going to give a few examples of stat builds you can aim for. I'll also explain each time why this is a viable build.

-300 STR, 150 DEX, 230 CON, 200 CHA, rest on SEN.

This is the build I'm currently using and a pretty versatile stat build, evening out stat points on a few different stats. Personally I think this is one of the best options to aim for. The good thing about this build is a high base attack power thanks to our STR and DEX, and a pretty good STR buff and debuffs thanks to our decently high CHA. However, it is not that high on CON so hitting some dodge builded characters might be hard, seeing as spears don't have a that high natural accuracy. Also, our critical is not that high so prepare to be critted.

-340 STR, 125 DEX, 230 CON, 150 CHA, rest on SEN.

A slightly more STR based build, it has a very high attack power but still lacks accuracy and critical rating. Also your debuffs and buffs will be lower, so I personally don't like using this build.

-320 STR, 100 DEX, 270 CON, 150 CHA, rest on SEN

A build with higher CON, you will have less trouble with dodge build characters, but you give up some base attack power and your buffs/debuffs will be weaker, so you won't do as well against non-dodge characters. You'll still have a rather low amount of critical, so prepare to get crits on you.

-300 STR, 100 DEX, 230 CON, 250 SEN, rest on CHA

A build that tries to focus on your critical and natural attack power. You'll get less criticals on you/crit more yourself, but your accuracy is not the best and your buffs/debuffs will be rather low. Not recommended by me personally, but it's not a bad build overall.

-300 STR, 250 DEX, 230 CON, 150 SEN, rest on CHA (dodge build)

Not recommended, but if you wish to try out a dodge build, you will need a good amount of dex. I doubt you'll be able to get it work, but it's a possibility. Good thing about this might be the high base attack power thanks to having such high STR and DEX.

-320 STR, 50 DEX, 180 CON, 200 SEN, rest on CHA (PvM)

This build is more PvM oriented than the others, which are both PvP/PvM. Since monsters usually don't have that high dodge, you won't need a lot of CON, so we can leave part of it out and focus more on other stats. Mainly on CHA, because the mspd down can be very useful in dungeons, a CHA build is a very good idea for a dungeon runner spear champion.

NOTE: These numbers are just examples, you don't have to follow them completely. In the end, you should just choose what you personally think would be best, these are just numbers to aim for, and the explanations with them on what you could expect going with said numbers.

Skills:

I'm just going to go over all skills separately first, then I'll give you a few possible build options.

Common tab:

Defense training: 15%+50 defense, a must for every champion, regardless of build.

Physical training: 5hp per 1STR, also a definite must for every champion. My build especially has a lot of equipment emphasizing STR, so this is an important skill.

Repose: 10hp recovery flat and 2hp recovery per 25STR. At first sight this may not seem like a lot, but with a high STR build this passive is a must. With my build I get 52hp/sec from this passive.

STR passive/buff: As our build has a decent emphasis on CHA, these two are a must for most builds.

Attack power/HP/defense buffs: Depending on build, these aren't actually bad to get, but personally I don't think the attack power one is worth it. Defense and HP can be nice, because the 5% at lv5 makes quite a difference.

Attack power/mspd/defense debuffs: The attack power and defense down ones are definitely worth it, but personally I leave out the mspd down because one of our aoes already has a mspd down effect.

Battle alertness (decloak): I'm leaving this skill at lv1, but if you really want the cooldown to be lower, you'll have to max it out. Not really needed for PvM.

Taunt: Not getting this, more appropriate for a knight.

2-hand tab:

Spear attack power/speed and aoe range passives: Naturally we will need these, a definite must get for almost every build. The aoe range passives can be ignored if you purely build 1v1, but it is highly unlikely.

Two hand attack power/speed/accuracy: We will need all three of these, passives are important.

Fire/wind/ice sweep: In most builds, we will get all of these, but we can sometimes leave fire sweep out if we don't really care for being able to endlessly aoe.

Spear strike/piercing stab: Two low power single target skills. If we do build 1v1, we will need these as they're prerequisites for the next skills, but we will never actually use these.

Champion tab:

Attack power (both of them)/speed/aoe range passives: Again, your passives are important. Get all of these I mentioned.

Mspd/dodge passive: Although these can be useful depending on build, they are not the most important. Can be left out.

Combat howl/scream/shout/berserker's cry: Personally I do not get berserker's cry fully, only the def and ap down ones. I don't get the mspd down because ice sweep already has a decent mspd down, so I don't find it worth the skill points to get it completely.

Dance of wind/ice/fire: Three more aoes, we will get all of them in most builds. If you don't focus on the aoe aspect that much, the dance of fire will be left out.

Raging spear/longinus strike: Personally I do not get these, but they're not bad skills overall. If you do want to be able to 1v1, these are a must.

Berserk: 50% additional damage buff. A must have.

Unique skills:

Warrior's menace/champion training: Both of these are important, be sure to get them.

Berserk: You become really vulnerable if you use this, so it's risky. But you will get this because in return it greatly augments your damage.

Sacrifice: Mainly used by knights. Personally I think this is a bad idea to use as a champion, unless you really have a deathwish.

PvP longinus strike: If you did focus on single target, get this. The attack power down effect is devastatingly strong, a must for those focused on 1v1 that do PvP.

PvM combat howl/scream/shout: You do not need these, if you want to aoe your six normal aoes are enough to aoe endlessly.

PvM longinus strike: Personally I don't think this one is that necessary, but it could be useful against kings. Not recommended though, save your skill points for other things.

Now I'll show the skill build I personally use. The one I use is a build for dungeons/CD, focused mainly on aoes.

screen645.jpg

You're not getting mspd down?: As I explained before, we have a mspd down effect on ice sweep. You might expect me to get berserker's fully, but I will not do this to save 15 skill points for other things.

screen644.jpg

You're not getting any single target skills at all?: As I said before, this is an aoe focused build. Hence not getting the single target skills. Also, the only single target skills that are actually worth using are raging spear strike and longinus strike. So you either get all of them, or none at all. 

screen643.jpg

Why did you put  8 points into the mspd passive? 80 is not that much.: Well, you're definitely right that 80 mspd is not a lot, but it can be rather useful if you have the skill points for it, so you don't have to focus as much on mspd through gear to get a good amount of running speed. If you don't think it necessary, you can leave it out. Personally I like it cause in CD you often have to reposition yourself or distance yourself from certain enemies, and dungeons sometimes require you to run through, so extra movement speed is not a bad thing at all.

Why did you not get the dodge passive?: Personal choice. I really don't think it is worth it, seeing as it is difficult to get a working amount of dodge with how low the dodge values are on soldier equipment. Perhaps you could get a working dodge build for PvM, but for PvP it will be hard.

screen642.jpg

So what's up with the 7 skill points?: I still need to find Champion training and enraged berserk, and I'm saving those 7 skill points for when I have it. For unique skills we will only get the two passives and berserk, nothing else.

How to use this build:

This is rather easy to explain. You aoe. Yes, that's all there is to it. Aoe till they die. (easy explanation for those that are tired of reading heh)

If you still wish to continue reading, I'll go into this a little bit more. We won't always aoe actually. Although most part of the time we will just be mashing the same buttons over and over, there's still a few things to pay attention to:

1) Make sure that def and ap down (mostly for PvP, in PvM it is not the end of the world) are applied AT ALL TIMES. Especially with a CHA build, these skills are important. Pay attention to make sure that the duration isn't over/enemy clerics haven't purified (unique aoe purify) the team. You do a noticeable amount of extra damage/take less damage when these are applied. Personally I use both after going through the damage aoe sequence twice (once every skill is used twice).

2) How to be able to aoe almost endlessly. The sequence goes like this:

screen064.jpg

Def and ap down are a separate matter, and we use them before we use these aoes. We start with the wind sweep for the dodge down at the start of a fight (seeing as our accu is low, this helps to make our other aoes land on dodge characters), and then use one of the dance aoes (which one doesn't matter, seeing as they're all the same), then the fire aoe for the burn, another dance aoe, mspd down aoe, and then the last dance. After that just use the next aoe that comes out of its cooldown (you'll get what I mean once you try it out).

3)Positioning. It matters quite a lot more than you might think. "With such a high aoe range, it doesn't really matter where we stand right?" You're wrong, it's exactly because our range is so high that it matters. With middle ranged aoes (8-10m) it won't matter a lot where we stand in the pile of people, but thanks to our high range we are able to hit almost everyone while outside of range from most close to middle ranged aoes. Where exactly you position yourself is entirely situational, so it's personal judgment and ability to see how others are positioned to find yourself a good spot to be able to hit as many people as possible while being hit by as less people as possible.

4)Knowing when not to aoe. Yes, sometimes we will not use our aoes. When attacking a boss monster in PvM or the crystal in CD, we obviously won't aoe, but when in CD there's other situations where you might want to prefer auto attacking over using aoes. A good example is: Focusing a cleric/mage/bourg cause they're key characters of the enemy team. You will want to use your auto attacks, because although aoeing will make your overall damage output higher, when it comes to 1v1 your auto attacks do more damage than using aoes, because of our high passive attack speed. Also when there's only two enemies or so left it might prove to be quicker to use auto attacks rather than aoeing. This is also entirely up to personal judgment.

I'm going to go through a few more build options, but I'll be slightly less thorough with those, seeing as I haven't tested those out that much.

If you want a more single target oriented build, I recommend the build I have above, but with a few slight changes. These changes are:

-Put dance of fire, ice and wind at lv1. They'll be weaker, but you'll have 12 skill points free out of this. You'll still be able to AoE spam if the situation calls for it.

-Put the hp recovery passive at lv1. While it does have some effect, not to the point where it matters a lot. So we'll be freeing up some points with this.

-Put movement speed passive at lv5, drop AoE range passive to lv3.

You now have 22 skill points, with this we will get all the single target skills and the PvP version of longinus strike. The ap down effect on this skill is DEVASTATING, and a must have if you choose to specialize in 1v1. Just an example of how strong it is with my current amount of cha:

screen072.jpg

I think with this I don't really need to explain much further why this skill is a must have, just look at that value of ap down.

Note that with our 1v1 build we will only really use longinus strike, raging spear strike is optional but not necessary. The two soldier lvl skills are not good enough to still use.

I'm going to talk a bit about gear right here, seeing as both the aoe and single target oriented builds use the same equipment.

For PvM, anything goes really. Wether it's a reinforced, brave or courage set, they're all good to use, regardless of build. Personally I recommend either brave or courage.

For PvP, chivalrous wins handsdown. Our build is attack power oriented, so the chiva set, giving us a good amount of attack power, defence, and extra str, crit and hp, is the way to go. You may want a glor set if you do 1v1's and come across a raider or scout, but when it comes to CD we will pretty much always run in a chiva set.

Naturally we will be using an aurum backshield, with substats 12str/20ap, 25/50 or 50/40 accu/crit. 15ap/50def or 25ap/25accu aren't bad either, it's personal preference. But these are the recommended ones. (these substats are the ones we will opt for with every item that has a substat)

As for a mask, personally I use style sunglasses, for the 50cha/25accu. Other options are ashura mask, kaltet mask, scream mask, star glasses, or any other mask with str or attack power.

For accessories, I am personally quite fond of the hiria's tear. Especially with our CHA/STR build, the hiria's is a must. For ring a junon order/ferrel guild ring can be nice for the 100 attack power. Other possible accessories are lava, hebarn/arua, hunter, oro, cliff.. Personally I use hiria's tear with hebarn ring and earring, but it's up to personal choice on what to get. A luna set is not bad either for the 13% critical which is quite a lot, but seeing as I use the hiria's tear, I didn't get it.

For gems, we can opt for diamonds, rubies or tanzanites. Although peridots are good gems, focusing on aoes we don't really need the extra aspd. If you choose to use a single target build then getting two or three peridots might not be a bad idea. Diamonds give us the highest attack power, but rubies give us some extra hp/hp recovery which can be useful. Myself I have three rubies/two diamonds, to balance it out a bit. Tanzanites are good if you wish to focus more on criticals rather than pure attack power, but if you want to focus on those crits it'd be best to get 4 or 5 tanzanites immediately, or else our crit rate will be too low to bother.

If you do use a stat enhancing costume (akram kingdom or ancient royal), we will use akram kingdom, as the ap and crit are far more useful than the def/dodge.

Dodge type champion:

A dodge builded character could be possible, but personally I don't think it'll be a good, working build. Doesn't hurt to try if you really want to though. What I do recommend if you wish to get a dodge build is:

-Our stat build will be the high DEX stat build that I showed earlier.

-We will remove the mspd passive and get the dodge passive. If you want the single target skills as a dodge character you'll have to drop the hp buff rather than only put 8 skill points on the aoe range passive, since the aoe range passive is a prerequisite to get the dodge passive.

For equipment, we will get a brave set for PvM and a glorious set for PvP.

We will still use an aurum backshield, but you might want to opt for a dodge or dex stat rather than the stats I listed earlier.

For a mask, styles are still a good choice, but you might want to get a mask with dodge or dex rather than str or cha. Also with a dex/dodge stat.

For jewelry, a magical set would work out the best most likely, but it's up to personal choice what to get.

As to gems, jades most likely, perhaps garnets.

The problem with a dodge build is that you'll have to give up on a lot of other stats to get a working amount of dodge, and I personally don't think it is worth it. But to each his own, if you really want to try a dodge build then go ahead.

Berserk and Enraged berserk:

Going to put this separated from the rest, as this is something I still have to mention. When exactly to use berserk or enraged berserk. Although enraged berserk is stronger than the normal berserk, it also carries with it a strong def down effect on yourself. In other words, you will be quite vulnerable when using this skill. So when will we actually use the enraged version? Firstly is when you're certain that you're not the one that is going to hit (example: you're running dungeon with a knight who tanks the mobs, it's safe for you to use the skill). Secondly is when you're certain the clerics in your team can keep you alive (example: 5 clerics in your team and there's already a mage in your team who will probably get focused more than you). In situations where it is too dangerous to use the enraged berserk we will just use the normal one.

Another strenuously long block of text by me~

Edited by jerremy, 03 April 2014 - 04:29 AM.

#2 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 03 December 2013 - 07:43 AM

Just going to add this here: Don't be disappointed if you don't score a lot of kills in CD. As an aoer you do a lot of damage to everyone on the enemy team, helping your team's single target classes and mages to pick up the kills. It is more of a supportive role rather than a killing one (although with your high damage and aspd when you use autoattacks you sometimes pick up a few kills here and there).

Edited by jerremy, 03 December 2013 - 08:24 AM.

#3 730370190

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 11:21 AM

A pvp against the spear champ "Basz" will be a must to prove a good build. If you survive at least 2 minutes pvp him your build is really good.

#4 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 02 April 2014 - 01:32 PM

You say that is if you won't trust this unless I fight against him. Well first of, this built is designed for dungeons/CD and not for 1v1 PVP's, so it would probably lose. Secondly, as I've never heard of this person, it's probably a leonis player. As someone on the other server I'm not going to bother with that. If it is a draconis player, I guess I'll try pvping just for the heck of it, but I'd probably lose since my champ is made for war situations, not 1v1.

Did some changes to the single target build.

Edited by jerremy, 03 April 2014 - 04:26 AM.

#5 Jigglypuff

Jigglypuff

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 08:17 AM

Hi Jerremy, 

I am a returning Rose player from 2005, and I'm following your guide (it's great btw!) So far I'm level 33. I have a few questions as a newcomer...

1) Which server is more populated? I am playing on Leonis right now and it seems pretty empty, and I would rather play on the server with the most people. 

2) The reason i chose to play a Spear Champion, was because it was one of the only classes with a very in depth guide (thanks to you). My question is, which class type is the best for both PVP and PVE. And by PVP i mean both 1v1 and group PVP. 

3) I have currently done as many quests as I can  and am continuing along. Is it a waste of time to do these quests? If so... which quests are worth doing? For example there are many quests that tell me to hunt a certain number of a specific type of monster, and as a reward I get quite a bit of exp. 

#6 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 03 April 2014 - 08:29 AM

1)The only ones who knew which server really is more populated right now, are the GM's. For the rest of us it's just guesswork. I think draconis is more populated in terms of newer players, but I wouldn't be able to tell as I haven't checked Leonis in quite some time.

2)There's a few classes which can be good at both. The champion is one, as it has both good AoE and single target power, and it's a pretty straightforward and easy class to use. Another one would be the mage, which also is incredibly strong in 1v1 and group PVP (and as such also PVM), however it is more difficult than the champion as mages are weaker defensively and tend to get focused in fights. The cleric, as a supportive class, is needed in both PVP and PVE and as such is also a good pick if you want to do both. However, playing a supportive cleric can be difficult, especially in PVP. In PVM it's manageable. Another class I like is the dual raider, however this class (at least if you play it the way I do) is incredibly difficult, and often rather unrewarding.

3)There are some good quests out there, but there's also a lot of them that are really worthless. You're probably doing the progression quest chain now, which leads up to junon. By then you'll be about lvl50. After that it becomes a lot harder to find good quests to do. Personally I recommend going to Kenji beach and fighting the doongas there. There's also a quest that makes you kill 70 of them for a pretty decent reward. It's a good idea to go look for a cleric to buff you in junon, often a lot them are idle and don't mind giving you buffs as long as you ask for it nicely. Kenji beach is a good area to lvl till about 75. Sometimes there's also some parties there, so be sure to look out for others.

#7 Jigglypuff

Jigglypuff

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 11:42 AM

Thanks! I just noticed that I'm on Draconis, not sure why I thought I was on Leonis :PP. In my skill page - item mall 1, I have a job skill retraining and unique skill retraining, both of which have a timer now at 16 hours. Is this my only opportunity to reset if I have to?

#8 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 03 April 2014 - 11:45 AM

It is not. The reason you have that reset is because of some recent skill balancing issues. Everytime a skill gets changed, the class affected gets those 24 hour reset timers. There's also another option to reskill, and which is at the mayor darren in the middle of junon.  He only offers one per account, after that you will need to buy a job skill reset book from the item mall if you want to reset again (or wait for another skill to get changed, but that doesn't happen all too often).

#9 Jigglypuff

Jigglypuff

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 01:14 PM

Ok... LOL .... i hope you don't get annoyed by my questions.... i have another one... >< . So ive been trying to figure out this part of a quest for the last hour and honestly cant figure it out. Its called "The Man in the Red Robe":Myad recommended investigating the area around the infected mushrooms to find more clues about Herune. It's one of the main game quests i believe which stems from a bunch of quests from the start of the time. So i went to the place in Adventurer's Plains where the infected mushrooms were... but nothing... i walked around Adventurer's plain for an hour... to all possible corners ... and nothing... :(((

#10 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 03 April 2014 - 01:56 PM

Oh I saw you a while ago. Did MedicSmurf properly help you out with that one?

#11 Jigglypuff

Jigglypuff

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 03:12 PM

Yeah he did actually! :P thanks! 

#12 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 03 April 2014 - 03:49 PM

If you got any more questions, feel free to ask. 

#13 Jigglypuff

Jigglypuff

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 10:53 PM

Hey Jerremy, its me again :P 

So I'm level 104 now, and did the job quest and am a champion, and have a few questions, hope you dont mind :3. 

1) I've only added str and kept con at my level, at this point should i continue with that? or should i start adding some dex, cha and sen? 

2)  ive been mainly leveling in parties with max level clerics... but if and when I can't find a party for some reason, or theres no strong support, where should i level? 

3) I'm really confused about equipment, theres so many things in shops and I have no clue what to aim for...  and also, everything is so expensive, do I just make money by picking up chems/dirty's and selling them to shops, and if so, what are the price ranges of these items, at the start i sold some of my chems for 10k each but apparently thats really cheap. 

#14 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 06 April 2014 - 01:42 AM

1) Cha won't really be necessary until later on, but by this point you can start by putting some on dex and sen. Str is still your main stat though so do one str, one con and rest of the points in dex/sen.

2)You can try to level in luna, personally I recommend in mana snowfields, at the lunaris bears/gangster penguins. Not the best experience, but if you're alone they're more manageable than a place like OT. (This works till about lv128, after that they'll be too low to gain much from them)

3)Somewhere in my guide there's some listed equipment, but I guess that's mainly for endgame. A mask can be a great help, and it usually doesn't have a lvl restriction so you can get a good one even at your level. Start by getting one of those, usually they're relatively cheap. During levelling, just use some NPC armor/weapons, maybe refine it to +5 to get a light bonus from it. 

Yes, it's kind of hard to make money for newer players. Picking up chems/dirties is definitely a start, so take a look in junon at people's buylists, or try set up a shop yourself. It won't give you enough to buy your endgame equipment, but it should be enough to get something like reinforced/hardened equipment. Ask around, there are a few people with crafters who are willing to craft some for you for a relatively cheap price. By the time you're max level you can make money by doing dungeons/PvP modes or just try to farm bosses. I don't recommend doing PvP modes till you at least have some proper equipment cause people tend to pick on newer players (due to them often being easy kills). Dungeons are probably the most reliable income, although somewhat slow. Just try to work your way up, once you have a bit of money invest it wisely.

Edited by jerremy, 06 April 2014 - 01:43 AM.

#15 Jigglypuff

Jigglypuff

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 07:57 PM

Hey again :PP , leveled tons again today, so im level 153, and my stats are: 

300str
84dex
15int
154con
68sen

So you're guide says that the optimal stats are: 300 STR, 150 DEX, 230 CON, 200 CHA, rest on SEN

Just wondering, how to go about adding points now, and also, I read that Dex only gives dodge rate and stronger dmg for hawker weapons...you mentioned in your guide that dodge is useless as a champion, so why do you recommend getting 150 dex just for dodge? 

#16 Nifa

Nifa

Artisan Representative

• Members
  • 580 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 06 April 2014 - 08:19 PM

Dex is the secondary AP stat for champs, so you get a little bit for some more damage without having to spend so many sp to get the same amount of AP from just going with str.

#17 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 07 April 2014 - 03:25 AM

Dex also adds AP for soldier weapons, albeit at a lower rate than str does. So we will put dex up to 150, cause it won't cost a lot of stat points and you will gain some attak power from it. Right now I would recommend putting some on sen and dex, as cha isn't really necessary during levelling, and con isn't that needed for during pvm.

#18 Jigglypuff

Jigglypuff

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 09:46 AM

Ok gotcha, btw, your guide says to get a few personal buffs like berserk, just wondering, do these buffs stack with the ones clerics give you? If not, are they stronger than cleric buffs? If they don't stack with cleric buffs, whats the point of getting them, i'm always with a cleric anyways XD

#19 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 09 April 2014 - 10:08 AM

Berserk and enraged berserk (unique version book that drops from dungeons) have a stackable effect with cleric buffs, so yes you do need those. The hp/def/ap ones in the common tab aren't a necessity if you have a cleric with you. The HP one is pretty good cause at lv5 it adds 15%+value (depending on cha), rather than a cleric's 10%. 5% may not seem like a lot, but for a stat like hp, often going into the 20k for a champ, you gain quite a lot from bonus 5%.

Edited by jerremy, 09 April 2014 - 10:11 AM.

#20 Jigglypuff

Jigglypuff

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 10:15 AM

Oh. I see.... okay.. another question... everything is so damn expensive... how does a noob go about making money to buy decent items that are worth billions... ><

#21 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 09 April 2014 - 10:21 AM

Well, first off, not everything is expensive. As a start, get a reinforced set/hardened weapon, and find some accessories (lava, hebarn, etc.) with a relatively low stat. Those will cost at most few tens to hundred millions, and are rather affordable. Refine the equipment to +10, which is also relatively cheap. At this point, you can make money by either

1)Running dungeons, hoping to find some skill books and sell them.

2)Farming kings, and selling the unique weapons.

3)Gearing up a crafter, and crafting items. This isn't recommended as you need a good amount of starting money to gear up the crafter and to buy in materials.

Other than those, you can also do buy/selling, but that also requires you to have money to buy in items. You can try your hand at pvping already with the equipment you have, but you'd be in for a rough time.

#22 Jigglypuff

Jigglypuff

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 07:21 PM

You can make money from pvp?! 

#23 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 10 April 2014 - 04:20 AM

If you're good, yes you actually can. Those PvP sets you see (chivalrous, glorious, precious, luminous) get bought with honor points, which you gain from doing PvP game arena mades (Crystal defenders, Akram arena and Draconis peaks). So if you can gain good amounts of honor (usually needs you to be decently geared cause you're going to have a rough time if you aren't), you can sell PvP equipment for money.

#24 Jigglypuff

Jigglypuff

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 04:25 PM

Oh, cool! By the way... what are the spears do you recommend I use during end game? 

#25 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 10 April 2014 - 04:29 PM

Well the most obvious choice would be the unique one (unbreakable wrath), especially for PvP we will use this for its accu/mspd bonus and high base attack power. For PvM you can use a courage widow maker for the 15%aspd, crit and 15%pvm offense. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users