Implement 2nd Level Currency - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Implement 2nd Level Currency

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 05 December 2013 - 02:22 PM

Pretty sure the developers will never consider this, but I'm putting it out there anyways.

I believe RO can benefit from adding a second level of currency, which would allow players to accumulate more money than they can with the current single-level currency system. Obviously the subunit would be called the Rupi/Rupee since it exists in the Ragnarok manhwa and RO2.

Having the exchange rate as either 1,000 Rupi = 1 Zeny (or 10,000 Rupi = 1 Zeny) could do the job just fine. Of course, NPC vendors will need to have their item pricing adjusted accordingly (i.e. a 1,000 Zeny item would become a 1 Zeny item, a 100 Zeny item would become a 100 Rupi item).

Implementing the Rupi subunit would help with:
  • Bringing back the value of the zeny to how it was in the early days of RO.
  • Help with the 32-bit integer limitation of zeny display.
In addition, I also propose moving the currency display from the info window to the inventory window. It's pretty inefficient to have to expand your info window to check your moneybag when trades happen with the inventory window.

Edited by ZeroTigress, 08 December 2013 - 10:03 PM.

#2 meowington

meowington

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 407 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 06:26 PM

Your exchange rate is just gonna confuse people. 1 rupee should be 1 million (or billion) zeny. That would make high end trading easy and hassle free without risk of scam since you can do it all in one trade.

I agree though, this game needs a huge overhaul on how it deals with zeny. It wasn't so bad 5-7 years ago when the server wasn't super inflated, but nowadays there are people with so much zeny they need an army of accounts just to hold it all. Ridiculous IMO, this is the only MMO that I've seen that has had this problem.

#3 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 05 December 2013 - 06:30 PM

Rupi is meant to be less valuable than Zeny since the point is to make Zeny more valuable again.

#4 meowington

meowington

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 407 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 07:12 PM

Pointless though, this game is just going to get more and more inflated. We need a more valuable currency, not less.

#5 msiajoe

msiajoe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 07:54 PM

In real world, when an economy is in high inflation, the government will increase interest rate to drive down demand, and hence inflation. Same here, admins or GM should increase rare items drop rate to reduce the price. Otherwise many new players will quit because they can't afford to buy lot of good items.

#6 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 08:28 PM

That's just money transfer between players and would not remove any money from the economy. They should massively increase the zeny cost of everything from npcs/use the raffler/etc to drain money from the economy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users