Where to level RC GX after Nogg Road? - Thief Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Where to level RC GX after Nogg Road?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 xMayhem

xMayhem

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 15 December 2013 - 12:23 AM

Also, when should I stop leveling in Nogg? The exp is so good atm, but I'm worried if there's any other place right after with the same density as Nogg road.

I have pretty good equips, +9FAW 6/4/5 Fighting spirit, +9 Rideword, A rogue's treasure and a BSB combo.

While I'm at it: Is Bako tattoo worth it? I've been contemplating on buying it for my GX, but I wonder if there's a better accessory.

And last question: +9HBP, or +9 FAW? And why?

Thanks in advance to whoever takes the time to help out. :)

Edited by xMayhem, 15 December 2013 - 12:28 AM.

#2 Auarion

Auarion

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 605 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 12:30 AM

Juperos and Rachel Sanctuary are pretty good. Scarabas too. Abyss lake is very, very packed, if you can handle that.

But if you can handle the these places, you might as well just solo the mid and high TI.

#3 Einherhart

Einherhart

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 768 posts
  • LocationHamilton, NZ
  • Server:My Own Uprising

Posted 15 December 2013 - 12:44 AM

Both Garments are good but I'd prefer a Backpack, Immune or Deviant. Why? With 90 STR 90 AGI 90 VIT you get 3 bonuses already which is much more PvM oriented. FAW in my opinion is more of a PvP/WoE side gear. An FS FAW for much more ATK boost (gives +62 ATK with FS 6/5/5 and 100 STR)  and an EA FAW for Cross Ripper Slasher sniping.

Once you reach Level 124, Scaraba Hall all the way to 150 (with a mix of doing TIs) and that's it.

#4 xMayhem

xMayhem

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 01:24 AM

Any suggestions on what equipment I should consider bringing to Mid and High TI? And, Scarabas to 150? Sounds good to me. XD I hate having to find a different lvling spot after getting comfy with one. XD

Also, what level should I start Abyss lake? Soon as I hit 124, I'll head on over to Scarabas(Oh! Also, what equips worthy of note should I keep in mind for them?)

Thanks again, guys! I really appreciate you shedding some light on this matter. :)

#5 Einherhart

Einherhart

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 768 posts
  • LocationHamilton, NZ

Posted 15 December 2013 - 01:45 AM

As far as equipment for TI goes, Well it depends of course on the current week's TI monsters. Not sure if you should go Abyss Lake since you can just really Solo grind at Mid TIs too til 124.

Optimal Equips (this will save you a lot of zeny from HP/SP potions)

+9 RWH or +9 Vanargand Helm

Soul Collector's Nab Cloth (Earth Deleter Card with Decent Fighting Spirit Enchants)

+9 Immune or Deviant HBP

Variants

2x Bakonawa Tattoo or 2x Rogue's Treasure

+7 or Higher Specialty Jur[4]/Jur[3] with 4 or 3 Hunterfly Cards respectively

Of course bring fire converters, extra potions (just in case) and the usual stuff (flywing/green potion/awakes)

#6 OniichanN

OniichanN

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1812 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 15 December 2013 - 01:48 AM

Resist gears (elemental armors, <element>-proof pots, hp/sp recovery items, poison bottles, green pots if there's silence/blind, the usualy stuff that you should have on you at all times). You can start AL at 115, tho imo you're better of at 120+. Watch out for the root skill from blue acidi (aciduses, idk spelling), use backslide bingbing/bangbang to reposition or fly wing and you'll be fine.

Usually it's faster to just keep grinding in the TI map, at least from my experience, if you have the supplies for it. You can also try running around hazy at higher levels.

#7 xMayhem

xMayhem

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 01:55 AM

I've always been trying to consider Bako tattoo, do you think it's better than Rogue's treasure? That attack speed is so attractive. @_@

Also, I will still be using RC when soloing mid TI, right? And should I take em on 2-3 at a time? I've never really done TI, since I'm so used to the grind spots.

#8 Auarion

Auarion

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 605 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 02:01 AM

Attack speed isn't so great for PvM IMO. Attack and survivability is more important. For the price of bako tattoo, it might be better to save for the gear that you'll be using after PvM. With the right converters, weapons, EDP, there isn't anything grind-worthy that can survive a couple hits from RC.

2-3 at a time is a bit low, maybe 10 or more when you can manage it. Just kill the monsters before they can damage you too severely, they won't all converge on you at the exact same time.

If you haven't invested in a witch hat, it's very good. Heals about as much as unranked slims, but pumpkins are only 15z each as opposed to 2-3k. I use 2000 pumpkins a day for farming, maybe more while training, so I've probably saved billions swapping between RWH/WPH rather than using potions.

Edited by Auarion, 15 December 2013 - 02:05 AM.

#9 Einherhart

Einherhart

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 768 posts
  • LocationHamilton, NZ

Posted 15 December 2013 - 02:01 AM

Rogue's Treasure is good when you are just starting out on Scarabs because at Higher Levels you will gain more Hit Rate enabling you to sub RT for a Bakonawa Tattoo. I also think its the 2nd best accessory for a GX to use (#1 would be Megingjard). You will use Rolling Cutter all the way to 150, mobbing like 10 or more monsters before killing them. The bigger the mob, the more chance to proc your HP/SP steal from RWH and Hunterfly Cards. Do your TIs, its also just grinding + EXP reward given when you finish the quest so its no biggie really.

#10 xMayhem

xMayhem

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 02:13 AM

By 2nd best, you mean the Bako tattoo? 

And witch hat, I have to invest in that. I need my moneyz. Q-Q

I'm gonna try all of this soon as the log-in works again. XD

Also, thanks so much for the advice, I'm trying to reach 150 ASAP, and this has been a huge help. :)

#11 Auarion

Auarion

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 605 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 02:26 AM

You could buy ten witch hats for one bako tattoo though. Ah, if you are short on zeny, try the hazy forest. 120 is a safe level for GX to try it, but many of my GX friends do it at about 110. Gives OCA 30% chance and repeatable every few hours, so you could potentially get that WPH in one day at the current OCA price.(>16m)

With crits or RC, you could probably pull it off in 5-10 mins. Otherwise, GX poison might help:

If you have poisonous weapon with NPR 4 or higher, you can do it the slow but easy way by poisoning everything and cloaking away.

Oblivion works on the boss, and so does steal for extra berries and seeds. You can use hiding to dodge it's earthquake. Just make sure not to attack it using leech end, since leech end doesn't count as damage inflicted by a player, so you won't get the OCA for MVP prize.

Edited by Auarion, 15 December 2013 - 02:31 AM.

#12 zefram

zefram

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1262 posts
  • Server:valkyre

Posted 15 December 2013 - 10:31 AM

oh? don't you have to wait for 24 hours to reenter the hazy maze? i always thought it was a daily thing..

Edited by zefram, 15 December 2013 - 10:32 AM.

#13 xMayhem

xMayhem

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 04:48 PM

I ended up buying a Quad hunterfly specialty Jur. I was grinding for 30 minutes(I timed it with my BM) and I only used around 10 slims. Together with a +9Rideword, the sustain is so OP. @_@

#14 OniichanN

OniichanN

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1812 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 15 December 2013 - 09:31 PM

oh? don't you have to wait for 24 hours to reenter the hazy maze? i always thought it was a daily thing..

Nope, you can enter every hour and a half now (I guess it's due to the DST bug, it should be 2 and a half hours).

#15 xMayhem

xMayhem

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:20 PM

Ok, new problem. This new mid TI was like PARADISE, then life came-a-knockin' and I hit 126, now it's Margaretha Sorin, and Scarabs. I have a peerless +9RWH, but it seems with 90 +25 Vit, I still get stunned. :(

Any advice on how to deal with this new environment?

#16 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:23 PM

You still get stunned because the monsters are much higher level than you even though you have over 100 VIT.

My opinion is actually that Margarethas shouldn't even be put into high TI...

But given the circumstances, I would say find a party if you want to do the TI. If you want to go solo, go for a regular map like Scaraba Hall and just avoid the TI.

#17 xMayhem

xMayhem

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:27 PM

I do admit, that Safety wall is pretty annoying, next to the stun. XD

#18 xMayhem

xMayhem

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:29 PM

I would go to Scaraba hall as well, but they're the cause of the stuns. XD

#19 kengtot

kengtot

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 986 posts
  • LocationLong Beach, California
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 23 December 2013 - 11:45 AM

for scarabas bring in highly refined malicious durga or katar of raging blaze carded with kaho 3;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users