#1 GiggleFairy

GiggleFairy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 15 December 2013 - 02:38 PM

are there any timers for our DoTs? kinda hard to judge when they need to be refreshed, would be very handy.

#2 DarkKurayami

DarkKurayami

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 496 posts
  • LocationEurope
  • Server:Odin -n- Freya

Posted 17 December 2013 - 11:48 AM

Well usually you pay attention on the target if it goes off, does show it under the target's window.

#3 raela

raela

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 784 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 December 2013 - 12:21 PM

You could work out a steady rotation (so you know when things will end), or use the timers you have for other purposes.. event timer would be one, but, if you have skills with long cool-downs, you could use those, too. I don't have a crec, so I don't know what the CD situation is, but it could be viable.

#4 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 December 2013 - 07:55 AM

Right now, waiting for <Crucio> to run out is the way to go, since it has a finisher burst.

You'll have at least 10 seconds by default to recast <Contingency> as soon as the cooldown is out of the way.

You can just cast <Raw Tilt> or <Blindess> whenever you feel like it, altho they arent DoTs, they have the same problem of timing :/

The trickiest one would be <Furnuculus>, but just pay attention to how much damage you do per tick, once you know your highest damage it should be easy to judge when to renew it.

Personally I just let everything but <Contingency> run out and recast ASAP XD (less of a pain in the ass)

#5 Meluken

Meluken

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • Locationin the ocean
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 06 January 2014 - 09:52 PM

my rotation for dots usual goes  Rawtilt -Furnuculus - Crucio- Contingency

I use contingencies CD timer to know when my dots are going to end since rawtilt and furn both have 30 seconds and crucio is 10s (20s if maxed) my contingecy CD is around 12 to 13s. since I have crucio maxed out (20s) so I know by the time my contin CD is over I still have a few seconds before Crucio ends, so I renew it  cast contingency again and renew rawtilt so that my Furnuc goes out 10s before rawtilt and then I keep mt rotation as such. the only dot I let run out is Furnuculus because of its growing dmg and i keep renewing rawtilt every 20 to 25 seconds (sometimes close to 30) in order to keep the maximum dmg of the dots going

but what Raela says is right you can use skill timers in order to help keep dot timers in check or work out a rotation..sometimes you just get a  feel for when you know something is going to expire so you may not even need to use skill CD's

#6 6578141027112311937

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 05:49 PM

Right now, waiting for <Crucio> to run out is the way to go, since it has a finisher burst.

You'll have at least 10 seconds by default to recast <Contingency> as soon as the cooldown is out of the way.

You can just cast <Raw Tilt> or <Blindess> whenever you feel like it, altho they arent DoTs, they have the same problem of timing :/

The trickiest one would be <Furnuculus>, but just pay attention to how much damage you do per tick, once you know your highest damage it should be easy to judge when to renew it.

Personally I just let everything but <Contingency> run out and recast ASAP XD (less of a pain in the ass)

Where the heck is this finisher damage on Crucio? I'm only lvl11 but it's been bothering since lvl1 that I never see the tooltip 300% expiration damage. Nothing in chat log, fly-text, etc. I don't wanna spend points in bugged abilities.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users