ATK or % Ranged Dmg ? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

ATK or % Ranged Dmg ?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Lyonile

Lyonile

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:22 PM

As title said, Which one is better ? For example, a Dark Pinguicular carded Glasses ( ATK +10 ) or an Improved Binocular (1% Ranged Dmg, DEX +1) ?

#2 RoyalHeritage

RoyalHeritage

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1459 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 15 December 2013 - 09:53 PM

%Ranged

#3 Lyonile

Lyonile

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:41 AM

Thanks alot, also another one : Which one would you prefer ? A pair of 3/3 FS RWC Ring (ATK + 48, HIT + 16 ) or Glorious Ring + Medal of Honor ?

#4 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 16 December 2013 - 05:02 AM

You need to give more information on what class you are playing and what you are using this for.

#5 Lyonile

Lyonile

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 05:07 AM

You need to give more information on what class you are playing and what you are using this for.

Oh sorry, I'm playing a Huuma Kagerou atm.

#6 rodezja

rodezja

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 503 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 16 December 2013 - 05:10 AM

I think that Binoculars, improved or not, are archer class only...

#7 Lyonile

Lyonile

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 05:15 AM

I think that Binoculars, improved or not, are archer class only...

Oh right, I just looked at it, :\.

#8 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 16 December 2013 - 07:10 AM

Well don't be sad. 

+10 atk is better than 1% ranged, as long as  (satk*2 + watk(incl all adjustments)+ eatk) < 1000, and that's true for a kagerou with reasonable gear. 

This is yet another example of these new, "enhanced" gear being still inferior to the other available options. Really, it's just like this down the whole list! 

Compare +9 EMH to +9 improved SGH for AB? EMH wins by a tiny margin. 

Compare DB damage with improved fin helm to BFG? BFG wins, by a tiny margin (but only at near 150)

Compare binos to other mid gear options? Usually, the other options are better (as stated above - you need to run the numbers to be sure, because with extreme options the binos actually can be better)

Don't even get me started on the enhanced vanity hats, which are still.... vanity hats... after enhancing.

Edited by DrAzzy, 16 December 2013 - 07:30 AM.

#9 KyrieDielle

KyrieDielle

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2428 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 December 2013 - 07:17 AM

Compare binos to other mid gear options? other options win

2 weeks ago I was planning on enhancing my bino.. but now i'm selling all the purified crystal so i can buy other mid head gears..

#10 Lyonile

Lyonile

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 07:27 AM

Well don't be sad. 

+10 atk is better than 1% ranged, as long as  (satk*2 + watk(incl all adjustments)+ eatk) < 1000, and that's true for a kagerou with reasonable gear. 

This is yet another example of these new, "enhanced" gear being still inferior to the other available options. Really, it's just like this down the whole list! 

Compare +9 EMH to +9 improved SGH for AB? EMH wins by a tiny margin. 

Compare DB damage with improved fin helm to BFG? BFG wins, by a tiny margin (but only at near 150)

Compare binos to other mid gear options? other options win

Don't even get me started on the enhanced vanity hats, which are still.... vanity hats... after enhancing.

Lol , perfect, I was considering replacing my Dark Pinguicula Glasses with those Binos, now I don't have to anymore, thanks alot. Also, 1 more from me, what's the most efficient way to get a Lv3 weapon to +9 or possibly, +10 ? Spam HD Ori or save on Safe to 10 cert ? :\/

#11 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 16 December 2013 - 07:27 AM

2 weeks ago I was planning on enhancing my bino.. but now i'm selling all the purified crystal so i can buy other mid head gears..

Well, always run the numbers to make sure... I can certainly contrive situations where the bino is better, but I don't think they're typical or recommended setups. 

Actually, I'll edit that post above to clarify that I'm not declaring it to be bad universally, just that it's bad in most cases. 

Edited by DrAzzy, 16 December 2013 - 07:28 AM.

#12 KyrieDielle

KyrieDielle

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2428 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 December 2013 - 07:55 AM

Well, always run the numbers to make sure... I can certainly contrive situations where the bino is better, but I don't think they're typical or recommended setups. 

Actually, I'll edit that post above to clarify that I'm not declaring it to be bad universally, just that it's bad in most cases. 

What you said was actually true.. i also figured this one myself few days ago: that there are a ton of gears that is better than the e.bino. That's why i'm selling all the crystals i have to buy robo eyes which gives better stats than the e.bino..

#13 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 16 December 2013 - 09:08 AM

With BXB, eBino and Robo are about the same, assuming you don't have any other +% ranged or +% atk effects (+% atk effects favor ebino, +% ranged favor robo). 

With elven, ofc, robo wins, because the 50% elven arrow bonus is ranged damage. 

If under 500 eatk+watk (after str bonus and including refine attack and size penalty), robo is better than dark ping - this assumption is not always valid with elven bows though (though a +12 BXB and almost anything else in gear should guarantee it)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users