• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OrenoRO2

OrenoRO2

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 10:10 PM

I've been playing as a beastmaster for a long time now and I rarely see BMs who play out of the typical.

I've also seen people quitting on their BM due to "lack of fun numbers"

PSH~ BMs arent a simple chunk of meat, they're shapeshifters, they turn to

ferocious beasts(bears only T^T) to either feast or endure.

I tried looking for a guide in the forums for DPS BMs but alas~ There are quite a few of em only~

Anyways, I present to you my jack of all trades BM. 

Tank them~

Burst them~

Kill them~

Best of all, Control(Crowd Control) them~

TABLE

Q & A: (Will post on this section the important questions of other forum users,                                              and commonly asked ones)

STATS:

SKILLS, SLIGHT EXPLANATION AND COMMENTS:                                

Q & A: (Will post on this section the important questions of other forum users, and commonly asked ones)

1.) Which class can a DPS BM be on par with?

A: Non-int type Warrior, Rogues, Crescentias.

2.) DPS or TANK BM? Which is better?

A: It purely depends on the situation. There are raids where they'll require you to be the MT, OT, or DPS.

3.) Why BM then? Why not Warrior? Warriors can do both tanking and hitting too, and int warriors are freaking OP.

A: BM's can do FAR way more damage than warriors if played well, they are also BETTER tanks than them, thanks to self sustaining skils.

STATS:

There are only 3 good stats I can recommend, well, atleast in my opinion.

1st is 41 STR 41 VIT

2nd is 40 STR 40 VIT 8 AGI

3rd is 33 STR 33 VIT 32 AGI

Why the heck vit? DUDE JUST LOOK AT THAT GRIZZLY HP BONUS! BMs arent really meant to depend on crits~ Trust me, you dont want to go there. They'll do crits but not as much~ And I'd rather take more HP bonus than crits. Well, if you love going againts the meta, A secret 4th stat build would be 40 AGI 40 VIT 8 STR

SKILLS, SLIGHT EXPLANATION AND COMMENTS:      

Ok, I'll do this vertically starting from the left side.

*Cruel Bite: It deals a [%] of damage and restores a [%] of damage you dealt, you can cast this for like every 3~4 seconds and ever 2 seconds mark with *Frenzy 5/5 up. THIS SKILL IS ONE OF YOUR BUTTERS IN PVE TANKING

*Beast Roar: It works like a Knight/Warrior's Taunt, it gives you the highest threat currently available on the threat meter of your target +10% more.

*Survival: 20% heal on yourself every 40 secs + 10% on team mates at 5/5, 4% on self and 2% on team mates at 1/5. It's pretty much 1/5 or 5/5 on this one. It's an emergency skill, you cast it after a boss AOE or if your healing slave, sorry, typo, I mean priest is busy with someone else. THIS IS NOT A "OOOHHH SPAM IT EVERY 40 SECS" SKILL, IT'S PURELY FOR EMERGENCY ONLY

*Feral Defense: A skill that makes you invul for 13 secs every 3 minutes. Well, only at 5/5, BUT I SAY MAX IT! It's good for PVE especially when a boss just suddenly used AOE and your *Survival is unavailable. AND IT'S ALSO ONE OF YOUR BEST PVP SKILLS

*Grizzly Form: 65% more HP, 50% more DEF? I bet you already know how freaking good this is.

*Rage Smash: 12% damage at 1/5, 18% at 5/5, gives 8~12 BP per hit. If we add the Beast Power it gives to total damage which is 0.7% per BP if we ever use Fury Strike later, It's still trashy. I'll be generous and say it gave you 12 BP. 12*0.7% = 8.4% + 18%(5/5 base damage) = 26.4%, *Fury Strike gives 36% per hit, they both have 0sec cooldown and hits instantly. So yeah, 26.4% < 36%.

WHAT?! YOU SAY YOU HAVE 5/5 FRENZY ON?! Ok, means you got 24BP for the hit, 24*0.7 = 16.8% + 18% = 34.8%. Ooooohhhhhhhh So close, but still 34.8% < 36% BUT THIS IS YOUR BREAD IN PVE TANKING TOGETHER WITH *CRUEL BITE

*Bear Form: Ahhh neglected by so-pros and loved by new BM players. It gives 30% more damage, in exchange for the 65% more HP and 50% more DEF which *Grizzly Form gives. Well, I never said this is good nor bad. It's situational, use it if you're not the MT, use it if you have high enough threat that your DPS wont out-threat you along with your capability to survive even without the humongous HP and DEF boost. THIS ONE IS AS GOOD AS GRIZZLY FORM, DEPENDING ON WHAT YOU WANT TO DO, TRUST ME. IT'S ALSO USABLE IN COLO, WELL, VERY USEFUL IN ROUND 5 WHERE PEOPLE WOULD HIT ALMOST ANYBODY.

*Tiger Form: Gives 10% Movement speed boost at 1/5 and 50% at 5/5. Useful for dungeon boss farming, also helps you save cash in buying mounts, but not really recommended~

*Wild Crush: 110% damage at 1/5 and  155% at 5/5 What do I say about this? MAX IT! 45% more damage for just 4 points? MAX IT BRO! AND SIS!

*Brutal Strike: Senseless piece of trashy crap. The only use of this skill is ksing people at colo. It deals 71% at 1/5 and 90% at 5/5. Takes 5~6 hits of Rage smash to activate which makes you drop DPS when you should be using *Fury Strike. But if you're someone who'd just ks in COLO, go for it. Also, *Fury strike deals 71% damage at 5/5, give you have 50 BP, Brutal strike also requires 50 BP. Not much of a difference there.

*Fury Strike: My favorite <3 Deals 25% at 1/5 and 36% at 5/5 SUPER SPAM ABLE! IT ALSO BENEFITS FROM THE BP WHICH GIVES 0.7% PER BP COMMENT? MAX IT! BEST DPS SKILL IN BOTH PVE AND PVP THIS WILL ALSO BE YOUR "NORMAL ATTACK" ESPECIALLY IN LEVELING

*Beast Tornado: It's pretty much just for pulling a few adds, hits only 3 monsters and deals 15% damage. Yeah, just made for tanking adds since it gives 50% more threat for the damage you dealt. It's also your only aoe spam able skill.

*Frenzy: Gives 20% more BP per BP gain up to 100% BP per BP gain at 1/5 to 5/5. It's pretty nice for tanking since it'll help you use your PVE bread and butter more which is *Cruel Bite and *Rage smash. But nah, would rather put my points on something else.

*Beast Charge: Your only gap closer, it's pretty good for both PVE and PVP use, lets you chase a boss who agroed on your healing slave, sorry another typo, I mean priest. Also lets you roll around colo chasing people with low HP and stunning them for 3 whole seconds. <3 MAX IT FOR PVP/COLO USE

*Wild Impact: Your AOE stun, it stuns up to 10 people/mobs when used. STUN FOR ANOTHER 10 SECS! MAX IT FOR BOTH PVE AND PVP USE

Here are the two builds I used for both farming and playing fixed~

My farming build~

My current build~ Which is built for PVP/PVE/FARMING SOLO

PVE SKILL ROTATION FOR TANK WOULD BE: *Rage smash x3~4 > Cruel Bite > REPEAT LOL

Anyways, just shift to spamming Fury strike instead of the 1st short rotation if ever you're always kept healthy by the slaves, fuuuu 3rd typo of the day, I meant priests. Then use survival > 1st combo cycle when an aoe hits, that'll help the team out a lot since the priest on wont be focusing on just you if ever that happens. BEST TANK/DPS EVER!

I think that's good enuff for a share~ 

Thank you for taking your time in reading my short guide.

Also, did you notice that I didn't make a 4th typo? hoho, I love priests, I would never offend them <3

Edited by OrenoRO2, 16 December 2013 - 06:23 PM.

#2 Jyre

Jyre

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 16 December 2013 - 06:46 AM

Thank you for your Beastmaster guide, OrenoRO2. You made a pretty unique guide and all of us aspiring Beastmasters can only give you a bear fist :ani_bawi:  (needs more fur) for it. I'll be telling you my input in the near future!

#3 raela

raela

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 784 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 December 2013 - 07:10 AM

..do you have proof/screenshots showing you beating out rogue/crecentia DPS? Non-int war I could maybe see.. but..

#4 OrenoRO2

OrenoRO2

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 06:20 PM

Thank you for your Beastmaster guide, OrenoRO2. You made a pretty unique guide and all of us aspiring Beastmasters can only give you a bear fist :ani_bawi:  (needs more fur) for it. I'll be telling you my input in the near future!

I was kinda thinking of sharing my ways for farming, grinding and raiding but meh~ It wont be as fun as learning your own way on this part~

..do you have proof/screenshots showing you beating out rogue/crecentia DPS? Non-int war I could maybe see.. but..

That, is my only problem. I was a player of RO2SEA and recently joined iRO2 about a week ago, I just met a few people saying BMs are ugly due to not having enuff def and I felt bad so here~ I shared my BM's stats. Thus, my problem are screenshots and videos as such.

I'll do so post some screenshots and videos in the future though. Maybe after a month or so, I'll just have to gear my BM up. Otherwise, I'll look for a Rogue with RHD gears and duo-hunt with him just to take a screenshot on the threat meter~ The latter would take atleast a week or two, But I'll update.

Edited by OrenoRO2, 16 December 2013 - 06:24 PM.

#5 raela

raela

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 784 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 December 2013 - 07:06 AM

It's just.. I can think of many ways that a beastmaster could be over those classes in threat, but not actually in DPS. :p_swt: I mean, it might be a silly question, but do you know the mechanics of it? Are you comparing your threat in grizzly form to them? The other thing is I wouldn't rate warrior DPS, especially non-battle tactics, anywhere close to rogue/crecentia..

#6 OrenoRO2

OrenoRO2

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:48 PM

Yes, It was threat-based, truth to be told, I was more in-love the bear-form of BM than to the Grizzly, I always use Grizzly in non-raid dungeons and I'm pretty sure I'm in line with them. Anyways, I'll post my proofs soon, Just waiting for a friend to have their free time then we can post a video or screenshot or something.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users