What was your Ragnarok moment? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

What was your Ragnarok moment?

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 Xplay4eva

Xplay4eva

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 03:10 PM

That is, a time or times in the game that you will always remember?

#2 Alicia

Alicia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1912 posts
  • LocationLocation Location
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Disconnected

Posted 18 December 2013 - 03:14 PM

My Ex's young brother told me about this game back in 2001-2002, so I tried it out.

The day I logged in for the first time and, after playing (a swordie) for a few hours, thought : "Hmmm... not sure this is for me".

I've been playing ever since (on and off - casually) :)

Pretty awesome moment - that first log in.

Edit: Go go Gravity - Keep making that first login awesome!

Edited by Alicia, 18 December 2013 - 03:16 PM.

#3 T3chnowitch

T3chnowitch

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts
  • LocationNiffelheim
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 December 2013 - 03:25 PM

Changing from Novice to Mage back during open beta.  I felt so accomplished!  Little did I know that small feeling of elation would be an addictive high I'd chase after for the next ten years.  :<

#4 meowington

meowington

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 407 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 03:32 PM

When Eddga dropped his card for me back in 2006. That was like the OMG moment of my RO career, lol.

That and killing a whole guild in WoE with my HP and my friends Mastersmith in the last few seconds of WoE back in '07

#5 Izzy1

Izzy1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1793 posts
  • LocationU.K
  • Server:Chaos Renewal - Smokies

Posted 18 December 2013 - 03:43 PM

Getting my Maestro to 150.and my Warlock. I played the Warlock (wizard/High Wizard) for yearrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrs

#6 xLoli

xLoli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1143 posts
  • LocationVirginia, U.S.
  • Server:Valkyrie > Chaos

Posted 18 December 2013 - 03:53 PM

Meeting my first RO hubby, lol. He was one of the reasons I stuck around, because we always teamed up and had a ball. A GX and a Wanderer duo can do some nice dmg, too. Not to mention the interesting PvP sessions.

#7 Alicia

Alicia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1912 posts
  • LocationLocation Location
  • Server:Disconnected

Posted 18 December 2013 - 04:23 PM

The day I met Saitsu, ZeoKenX and Delphinium was the day I lived :)

#8 Momoh

Momoh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 04:24 PM

Trying to find the other portal in Umbala...

screenChaos475.jpg

#9 p4r4d0x999

p4r4d0x999

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 488 posts
  • LocationNewerth
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 18 December 2013 - 04:47 PM

Mine was after i finished The Sign quest with particular some1, i cant believe myself i actually did that long quest and managed to finish it with her.

#10 Cronokun

Cronokun

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Chaos, Odin

Posted 18 December 2013 - 04:54 PM

Mine was, getting killed by a dead branched fabre and i was lvl 136 RG

#11 davdbg

davdbg

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 691 posts
  • Server:chaos and classic(?)

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:12 PM

Mine was the time when i finaly kill that f***ing butterfly in south prontera, i try to kill it every time i level up, when i finaly kill it i though that the sky was the limit for my archer.

#12 Guuccii

Guuccii

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 181 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 19 December 2013 - 12:34 AM

Huge DB parties in south prontera.

rip in piece

#13 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:40 AM

I miss the times when the pyramid map still had a save point and my friends and I would just hangout there.

This was in my old server back in 2004 (official server) by the way. Management was also still good and professional at that time... oh the good ol' days.

Now it's crap! Woops. Said too much. LOL. No. I won't tell you what that server is.

#14 Nero89

Nero89

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 833 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 19 December 2013 - 05:27 AM

The best moment: 2004. The first moment I logged in RO in beta, and boom, my first year secondary school changed in seconds. That whole year, I spent most of my time at cybercafes, getting caught by discipline teacher thrice at there (still remembered his name), and the game got banned at our school due to massive absence from school due to playing RO at cafe.

I have abit regret about it. xD

#15 Damara

Damara

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 07:36 AM

Must've been 2004... I was walking around exploring the world like I usually did, and I ran into my brother's mage, in a group of 20 other mages, farming LoD with firewall up against a Geffen castle wall.

#16 zoesensei

zoesensei

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 19 December 2013 - 08:01 AM

Taking a woe castle on my alchemist brewer, 300 max damage man. got the last hit after trollogies emp breakers hacked at it

screenChaos033.jpg

#17 Himeyasha

Himeyasha

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 903 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 08:43 AM

My first job 50 as an Acolyte.

Back then SP regen means you killed 1 monster and sat at GH cross for 3 minutes waiting for more SP.

Then the priests came and mag parties were born... 

#18 meowington

meowington

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 407 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 08:56 AM

My first job 50 as an Acolyte.

Back then SP regen means you killed 1 monster and sat at GH cross for 3 minutes waiting for more SP.

Then the priests came and mag parties were born... 

Heh that brings back memories!

That and I remember partying my aco with a hunter in prison when it was doable at lower levels. But... mostly heal bombing one at a time at the churchyard.... and sitting. Lots of sitting...

#19 2484131111182636897

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 117 posts
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 19 December 2013 - 08:57 AM

-Meeting my first gf on RO.

-All the friends i made 7 years ago when i played. (Just started back, didn't meet much people yet)

-The good old time of insta-cast (very easy to get pre-renewal in super high rate servers.) LoV or meteor spamming was so flashy.

-(PVP server) Killing that a$$hole sin that was preying on noobie leveling in comodo beach. Was on my baby perma-mage 90+, he couldn't believe it.

-First time i finaly casted a full waterball. Insane damage. :p_omg:

#20 ShihouinUchiha

ShihouinUchiha

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 09:26 AM

Caution long post ahead, i want to post all of my moments in one post, since this will probably be the only time i will post something like this in this thread~

RO Moment 1:----- When i decided to give the game a try in 07(i didn't find the 2d sprite/3d BG appealing AT ALL), but after i created my char for the first time and logged in to the newbie training ground my initial impressions changed instantly when i was met with the natural sounds of water running along the lakeside and basic surround sound of the rain forest, the 3D world i instantly found appealing and beautiful. Basically i was hooked moments after logging in.

Moment 2:-----And when i choose izrude as a starting town(because i liked the name xD) and while wondering around completely lost i found my way to south pront and when i made it to the entrance (killing porings along the way) i saw alot (and i mean ALOT) of dead players, so naturally i halted advancing further to the door, scared, i ran into the herds of trees nearby because i just don't know how to deal with anything in the game yet being broke, new, and broke. and to my side i saw a living breathing player(for the first time) i wanted to know what killed everyone so i could watch out(i didn't know what a DB/BB was at the time), i thought he was the coolest looking assassin i have seen, he looked kind of off though but i assumed it was because he was an....assassin..(?). But as soon as i got close enough i was instantly killed by him, i was sad and confused i tabbed off the client to tripple check if PVP was allowed on normal maps to find out that its impossible to PVP outside of WOE/Arena.

Basically i sat there for a good 8mins before asking the other dead people why i was just PK'd by another player, most of the answers i got were just people laughing at me,ignoring me, or a few calling me a noob idiot. untill a nice TK girl showed up and told me that that was not a player but a monster that just happens to look like a player, i was then ressed by the same person, then shown the basic ropes of the game.

Moment 3: --------Later that day after walking from payon back to prontera (with my sister who decided to try out the game)  for the 10th time (i didn't mind i loved the gradual scenery changes so i litterally walked EVERYWHERE untill around level 70 when i had to get used to taking the air ride to juno to do goat turn ins~ and other story quests) i made it to south pront entrance again ( i made it to level 15 in payon) and saw this huge monster with the wings of an angel (Basically it was rangris and her crew) and being the gullible noob knowing nothing about the history of ragnarok i though "Come on now, this clearly is an angel pure of heart and dosent/shouldn't be evil at all, so i doubt she will kill me, I MEAN COME ON ITS OBVIOUSLY AN ANGEL PLEASE DON'T KILL ME OH HOLY ONE" 

i walked up to her..and died.Round 2 i just tried to outrun her...died again. after that i got into the habit of walking around the map itself leading me to the west gate instead lol.

Moment 4:----- I spent 5mins trying to hit a cremey before giving up it was frustrating because everything else on the map was killable (like wtf even to this day i still wonder..).., about 5 levels later as an archer  it took about 1min for me to hit one with normal arrows (because what are elemental arrows? they existed?)i finally got a hit in...not only did i  do 3dmg.. it 1 shotted me after....my sis saw the whole thing and laughed so hard at me :(

Moment 5------ after travling for 20-30mins on foot across the world, i made it to gator turn ins in comodo, it was soo crowded with camping parties i found it amazing how there were soo many people working together to get the the turn in items and because of this i automatically assumed dancer classes will get leftover spots, so to try to appear to be a more flexible class(Dex/Agi build) i would GK,or if we were low on pullers i would take advantage of what little agi i had and assist in pulling, odd for a dancer i know. 

finaly found a party, everything was going well untill the monk in the party(who was also a puller) decided to afk for a bathroom break, it was fine..untill 10 minutes passed...then 20..then a full hour...we ended up forgetting he was even there untill the wiz spoke up, we all sent him pm's he never replied, and after giving no response to the leader, he got kicked....literally SECONDS later he goes "why did you kick me omg bbquiahnjksdnfgiun" we gave him the reason and he started giving us BS excuses untill he decided to pop 3 DB's in the center of our party and wings away

....i was mortified that someone would do something like this when clearly he didn't want to pull his weight in the party....sadly these instances never stoped afterwards, i would join parties and even other active heavy classes would do it aswell like wizzards,sins, and knights.

one time some d***bag monk(this happends frequently with puller classes.....) walked up to our party on a small hill on the gators map, and WORD FOR WORD SAID "hey guys can i join your party.......*we are full*....just kick someone....*no sorry everyone is doing a great job it would be a****hole move to do that*...oh well i guess if i can't join il just BB your group then :)...*(me)omfg come on! are you srs???!1*...you guys can still add me if you don't want to get BB'd....*(silence) your not worth it*...alright" *he then BB's the party..we wipe...we respawned..and found a new spot*. events like this started to become more and more common on all TI maps. These moments will forever be as vivid as the sky as i remember them.

Moment 6: ----- I finally found a guild (was with Revenant at the time,the name latter got changed to Raging Kitties), and was allowed to come on a Bio Lab run. everything was going well, untill we somehow got separated, after someone/another party on the map decided to mess around with the spawn, to get rid of us. some of us ported close to each other on a random spot on the map..but we wiped regardless somehow, while waiting on a separate platform, Ermese(Bio SinX) was idle walking around as usuall and steeped onto one of Cecilia's(the Bio Sniper) traps and took some dmg, he then ran straight for her and started trying to kill each other, it was hilarious. In the end the Bio Archer won LOL that was so amusing to watch because i have NEVER EVER seen monsters turn against one another like that before.

#21 jenkat

jenkat

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Classic

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:22 PM

My Ragnarok Moments... happened every day. It was one of the most intensely emotional periods of my life, up and down.

So many memories. They won't all fit here.

Here are the big ones which come to mind...

I remember killing fabres and lunatics for weeks to save up the 12,000 zeny I needed to buy a kitty band, which, once achieved, became my almost-permanent headgear.

I remember the first time I died, and the lesson I learned not to touch the Creamies.

I remember my induction ceremony into the Prontera Parish, the original "aco guild", long before the in-game guild system was implemented. I remember Saint Bomber, Karaen, Venexxa, Elric Starfall, Dragon Wanderer, Meteorites, Minnoko, Shuurai, Talien, Magdalena and Lucieve... Pae and Kisa.... Shin-kun and Pastel.... and so many other people who would become deep friends.

I remember eventually organizing and officiating over the induction ceremonies myself as we continued to grow.

I remember helping to stage sit-ins and protests at the cruel treatment of Pupas. We'd circle together and link arms (well, pretend) around a pupa and chant slogans and try to persuade people that they should hunt other things instead - things which were capable of fighting back and defending themselves.

I remember the Rune-Midgats Games, a ridiculously convoluted community-wide event which included things like dead branch competitions, a foot race (with two checkpoints on every map) from Geffen to Alberta, and which culminated in a public performance of the game show "Whose Acolyte Is It Anyway?" on the ship.

I remember putting on public plays and roleplay events for the general entertainment of the community.

I remember how our members' roleplay would transition back and forth between in-game and on our forums. I remember the blossoming romance between my character and Elric's, and the intense story thread which unfolded on the forums.

I remember Saint Bomber's sprite comics! And Aragan and Spinny's RO webcomics.

I remember the MVP parties in the old Orc forest.

I remember how everyone hated all the spiky-haired redhead swordies who would always killsteal and loot your drops and walk away going "55555".

I remember bots which would cause you to disconnect the moment they appeared on your screen, by exploiting the gender bug.

I remember regularly zoning from one map to another and getting stuck in a lag vortex for minutes at a time.

I remember the time someone cut loose with like... a hundred dead branches inside Prontera, and it was a death zone. The fun part was seeing how long you could run away and stay alive. It was a hassle, though, for anybody who actually had business to take care of in the city.

I remember how Vedas made himself a legend by being the first intrepid adventurer to survive & successfully cross the mountains to discover the new city of Aldebaran.

I remember playing teleport hide-and-seek on the Eclipse map with Shin-kun.

I remember that time when when the map servers were down, and nobody could log in to their characters, so EVERYONE made new characters and the Training Grounds were filed with HUNDREDS of novices.

I remember how there was this one kid who had stopped responding to his parents' attempts to contact him, they hadn't heard from him in over a week, and it was believed he had spent the whole time in the game, and they contacted Gravity to entreat their assistance, and Christy (GOD-POING) came on the global announcement and conveyed the message from the poor parents, imploring the player to please let them know he was okay and stop playing for a little while because his family was worried about him.

...Come to think of it, I remember playing hide & seek with Christy too! (she was WAY better than me at hiding and finding! >_>)

I remember helping Karaen and Saint Bomber open up about their feelings for one another.

I remember when the Parish started getting too big to manage, developing a mixed reputation in the community, and seemed like it would fall apart, especially in the absence of Saint Bomber's leadership. I remember being nominated (somewhat uncomfortably) to try to steer it as a figurehead, backed by a council of better people than I.

I remember when in-game guilds were finally released, and being given an Emperium by Elric. I remember my tearful and gut-wrenching decision to step away from what the Parish had become, in order to found my own dream, the Shining Faith.
I remember the backstabbing politics and disintegrated friendships which came about due to the split of loyalties as some people joined my guild instead of others.

I remember when Sasami gave up and quit.

I remember when Gravity's player database was hacked by some script kiddies and everyone's accounts were compromised - many were exploited. Gravity changed everyone's passwords, and then emailed their updated information to players, but by that time, the email address I had used to originally sign up with a year and a half earlier no longer existed. I had no way of recovering my account.
I remember imploring support for assistance, but I was never able to recover it. I remember how long it took me to get over that, and how crushed I was. 

My fond Ragnarok Moments are too many to list, and I've relived them countless times in wakefulness and in dreams for the past ten years, but now I am intent on creating new memories and making new friends and bringing what kindness and light I can into this world again.

Edited by jenkat, 19 December 2013 - 03:30 PM.

#22 Draciolus

Draciolus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2035 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 04:32 PM

The one time I actually WoEd with a guild I was in, on my level 82 Knight, who wasn't Agi, Vit, or even a Hybrid....he was something different, and tanked a 99 LK and a Gypsy while only attacking the Emperium to get the castle. And actually won.

#23 Talvis

Talvis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1985 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Midwest
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 19 December 2013 - 05:43 PM

My moments:

My first ever WoE back with a guild that may possibly still exist, The Eskimo Brigade.

My only 99/70 trans pre renewal during the over powered dragon TIs

The only person I ever married in game.  I got to be good friends with here but found out that she had been in a fatal accident. :sob:

Meeting many friends that I still have some contact with including one that I've actually met.

I'll probably think of more later.

#24 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 19 December 2013 - 06:58 PM

woe

#25 dawnte

dawnte

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1980 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 07:12 PM

I thought it was like a Ragnarok moment in real life xD 

I was gonna say, I almost said 'zeny' instead of 'money' to my friends. Lol. :| was so weird.

But in-game there are heaps :3 and most of them are captured by screenshots :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users