Changing Creamy Card effect - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Changing Creamy Card effect

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 Bossslayer

Bossslayer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • Locationlol, i dunno
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valky-! Oh, wait...

Posted 18 December 2013 - 05:17 PM

So do you think it would be possible to change the effect of the creamy card to work more like a flywing, instead of the actual skill itself? I've died many a time waiting for the skill to teleport me, and it's pretty depressing....

#2 meowington

meowington

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 407 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 05:43 PM

Is it possible? Yes.

Should it be done? No.

You should carry a few flywings for the OH SHI-- moments on top of the creamy card.

All you have to do is hit teleport + enter, its pretty fast.

#3 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:a laggy one

Posted 18 December 2013 - 05:50 PM

i agree, the popup window is pretty annoying and the lag it causes is even more annoying. ive been getting client crashes from my teleports all week. something is wrong with my client ever since like last maintanance =(

#4 TheGull

TheGull

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 206 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 18 December 2013 - 06:02 PM

You should be glad fly wings don't pop up the teleport window...

#5 Bossslayer

Bossslayer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • Locationlol, i dunno
  • Server:Valky-! Oh, wait...

Posted 18 December 2013 - 07:18 PM

Is it possible? Yes.

Should it be done? No.

You should carry a few flywings for the OH SHI-- moments on top of the creamy card.

All you have to do is hit teleport + enter, its pretty fast.

When I hit enter quickly all it does is close out of the menu, while still having about a 2 second delay.

#6 asidic1

asidic1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:05 PM

cant they just reduce delay of all consumable items? died so many time because of the delay.

#7 meowington

meowington

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 407 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:27 PM

When I hit enter quickly all it does is close out of the menu, while still having about a 2 second delay.

That is because you have to wait for the teleport option to pop up...

Seriously this is easy stuff, I've never heard of anyone complaining about it before

#8 Nero89

Nero89

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 833 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:30 PM

Just spam enter the instant you use the teleport. Doesnt need to wait for the window.

Be glad it doesnt require you to click the option like reading spell book

#9 EiyuuDensetsu

EiyuuDensetsu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:37 PM

Just spam enter the instant you use the teleport. Doesnt need to wait for the window.

Be glad it doesnt require you to click the option like reading spell book

Yeah, here you mentioned reading spell book.

That skill interface is just terrible. I had high hope on that skill before I turned warlock...only to find out it is actually so annoying to use.

#10 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Server:Silph Road

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:50 PM

Fly wing is so cheap though. :\

#11 JuanThe

JuanThe

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:46 PM

there was an old trick dont know if it works now

use teleport, move the window off the screen

do your thing, just press enter when you need to tp

#12 zefram

zefram

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1262 posts
  • Server:valkyre

Posted 19 December 2013 - 12:23 AM

thats not how it works with the mojority..it takes maybe half a second to wing away for me

#13 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 04:20 AM

I've never complained about this, but I have to agree with the thread starter. Come to think of it, the teleport window is annoying. :lol:

#14 KyrieDielle

KyrieDielle

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2428 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 04:28 AM

remove the pop up window or add the return to save point option!

hue hue hue! :gg:

#15 Nero89

Nero89

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 833 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 19 December 2013 - 05:29 AM

I would imagine some updates in future where if you bring multiple pots in one time, there will be a pop up window asking what potions you want to use.

That would be..(insert your comments here)

#16 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 2448 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:retired

Posted 19 December 2013 - 07:12 AM

there was an old trick dont know if it works now

use teleport, move the window off the screen

do your thing, just press enter when you need to tp

It works but you won't be able to use skills or items.

#17 Damara

Damara

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 424 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 December 2013 - 07:26 AM

I have like six creamy accessories because I hate walking, but I carry flywings on every character, even my AB, because that is how the game works. Some situations are too hairy for teleport.

#18 JuanThe

JuanThe

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 09:24 AM

It works but you won't be able to use skills or items.

use to be able to long ago i guess not now. from what i remember it used to be - > teleport hotkey -> enter - > enter to teleport. if you stopped before the first enter you couldnt use skills if you stopped before the last one you could

#19 Damara

Damara

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 424 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 December 2013 - 10:41 AM

They changed it at some point, Juan. It made Guild Dungeon battles a little harder.

#20 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:05 AM

i have antonio carded armor hotkeyed for those really hairy situations...

#21 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 01:01 PM

the entire menu window system needs to be 100% overhauled to begin with. im talking about forging window (which has 0 instructions on forging so you end up losing your first attempts if you dont read up on it on an external site), brewing window (which forces you to create 1 item at a time instead of just selecting what you want and the quantity), reading spellbook window (which doesnt even popup with a spell highlighted or allow you to use the ENTER key, so you now have to use BOTH HANDS just to select a spell while under attack by mobs) , and teleport. theyre all so badly designed that it inhibits gameplay drastically and turns basic fun things into a horrible grind/pain in the ass.

#22 Draciolus

Draciolus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2035 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 10:12 PM

I'm not entirely sure why people complain about Reading Spellbook....I have no problems with it. I can activate it, and Release, using just one hand. And that includes selecting the spell. I all comes down to how people have their hands(left hand on WASD area, right on mouse[first finger for left click, middle for wheel, ring finger for right click]). I can typically cast Reading Spellbook with no trouble(unless party leader wings as I'm casting).

The forging, people should read up about things before attempting to make them(just like all the quests to make items, you read about what you need and go gather it...check through Wiki before attempting and you're less likely to waste something other than through a miss click).

Haven't done brewing yet, so no comment on that one.

Teleport, well, I don't have problems with it. As others have said, always carry Fly Wings on you, even a class that HAS the skill, because you never know when you might need them...just like potions. You walk into any leveling area without a decent amount of potions(at least what you expect to need) and you are bound to fall a few times. Even all my Priests(2 FS one of which is a baby, 1 Battle, and 1 ME) carry potions with them. It's all a matter of planning ahead, and knowing that you might need SOMETHING to get you out of a tight spot.

#23 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 03:15 AM

I'm not entirely sure why people complain about Reading Spellbook....I have no problems with it. I can activate it, and Release, using just one hand. And that includes selecting the spell. I all comes down to how people have their hands(left hand on WASD area, right on mouse[first finger for left click, middle for wheel, ring finger for right click]). I can typically cast Reading Spellbook with no trouble(unless party leader wings as I'm casting).

The forging, people should read up about things before attempting to make them(just like all the quests to make items, you read about what you need and go gather it...check through Wiki before attempting and you're less likely to waste something other than through a miss click).

Haven't done brewing yet, so no comment on that one.

Teleport, well, I don't have problems with it. As others have said, always carry Fly Wings on you, even a class that HAS the skill, because you never know when you might need them...just like potions. You walk into any leveling area without a decent amount of potions(at least what you expect to need) and you are bound to fall a few times. Even all my Priests(2 FS one of which is a baby, 1 Battle, and 1 ME) carry potions with them. It's all a matter of planning ahead, and knowing that you might need SOMETHING to get you out of a tight spot.

the reading spellbook menu is complete trash. its almost like a nonexistent menu when it pops up. i shouldnt hav to use my mouse at all to activate it. that just makes the entire process take twice as long and in dire situations, it can lead to death. (unless you only walk around with 1 spell book on you). it should popup wiht the first spell already highlighted and ready to go with the prss of Enter, or allow you to press arrow key down to get to the next spell

telling people that they should read 3rd party websites in order to play the game means the game is broken

#24 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 04:40 AM

the reading spellbook menu is complete trash. its almost like a nonexistent menu when it pops up. i shouldnt hav to use my mouse at all to activate it. that just makes the entire process take twice as long and in dire situations, it can lead to death. (unless you only walk around with 1 spell book on you). it should popup wiht the first spell already highlighted and ready to go with the prss of Enter, or allow you to press arrow key down to get to the next spell

telling people that they should read 3rd party websites in order to play the game means the game is broken

I totally agree with this one. Additionally, sometimes I accidentally choose Comet when I intend to click on Crimson Rock in a critical situation. Result? 500+ SP (and a red gemstone since I have to release it) wasted when I need it to control the mob. <_< Well, at least Comet kills 'em. :lol:

Edited by Exuro, 20 December 2013 - 04:41 AM.

#25 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 05:14 AM

I wouldn't mind the teleport system so much if spamming Enter didn't activate your chat :/ (unless there is a way to stop this, but I haven't looked into it).

Edited by Sapphic, 20 December 2013 - 05:16 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users