New skill stats distribution for Sorcerer (Advent of Valkyrie) - Magician - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

New skill stats distribution for Sorcerer (Advent of Valkyrie)

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 AikaFuwa

AikaFuwa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 350 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:38 AM

It may be just a temporary bug that Sorcerer is now becoming useless...

I redistribute my skill points in order to put some points in the new master transofrmation skill.  

But then what will you put now for skill tree?

Please share.

Thanks

Edited by AikaFuwa, 19 December 2013 - 02:38 AM.

#2 SilentSorceress

SilentSorceress

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 04:25 AM

I'm going to hope that the Ymir skill isn't going to be a necessity, I don't plan on using it. For the other skills, it's too early to know between bugs and upcoming balance patches. I'll set skills as I go and save a reset scroll until I'm ready for a final skill set.

#3 Winterdrop

Winterdrop

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts
  • LocationFFXIV-

Posted 20 December 2013 - 07:48 AM

I played with my build so many times, and every time, I would either max Ymir Child, or just put in one point.

For now that the healings have been soooo bugged, its either you max every aoe for grinding:

6/6 LoV | 6/6 Thunderstorm

or max everything for single hit/pvp:

10/10 LB | 5/5 CB | 6/6 JT | 5/5 VS

But any of them .. Mana consumption is crazeh.

* I seriously maxed Water Emblem just to not use pots for Mana. I ran chaos so many times yesterday, I didn't use a single SP pot. But of course, the dps is fairly low with Water Emblem on.

#4 Parting

Parting

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 04:56 AM

Here are my initial thoughts on the new update.

I don't get VS anymore because it does less damage than JT. With reduced casting times, I'd rather keep using JT and put the points I would have put into JT into something else. Not to mention the fact that VS has a long CD and you need to put points into skills that aren't that useful in raids (JTM, Memorize, LoV). Similarly, I dislike JTM because JT casts relatively fast now, so I would rather put the points elsewhere.

Now that Wind Seal provides you with 4 procs instead of 2, you will be using Cold Bolt less, which means Cold Bolt will make a smaller contribution to your overall DPS. Because of this, I might leave Cold Bolt at Level 1.

You might want to max thunderstorm for the electrostatic buff. Use it before you cast JT/VS to do an additional 20% damage.

Assuming we can get the high crit rate sorcerers had before, I would get Meditatio, the heals you can do with it now are insane.

I haven't had a chance to test out different builds because the game is so screwed up right now and the scarecrows in PvE Arena fight back. God dam man..

#5 3596130702174734600

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 149 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:IRO2

Posted 27 December 2013 - 10:27 AM

Thunderstorm is worth 6/6 since it gives you a 20% damage boost on blitz (lightning attacks). 

I didn't really think about dropping spear, but with so many ways of getting JT out and it being instant, the spear attack minus the effect is kinda outclasses by JT. Too bad we didn't get another stun skill

#6 Winterdrop

Winterdrop

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts
  • LocationFFXIV-

Posted 31 December 2013 - 08:46 AM

I think JT 6/6 is better than VS 5/5. Most of the time, I crit more with my JT than with my VS.

Also considering the fact that VS has a long cool down and it misses a lot.

With farming/grinding, maxing thunderstorm and LoV would be a good choice.

I've tested with this skills before and it makes farming a lot easier and faster.

I also prefer maxing cold bolt instead of lightning bolt, even though LB has the DoTs.

The 5 points difference is a big thing since skill points cost a lot and it is better to maximize the skill points used.

#7 AikaFuwa

AikaFuwa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 05:50 AM

Ok today is the last day to reset our skill for free. (1zeny)

Here is my current skill distribution. 

MAX Cold Bolt

MAX Frost Driver

MAX Earth Emblem

MAX Earth Shield

MAX Wind Emblem

MAX JT

MAX VS

3/6 LoV

everything else is 1 point only.

Is it good for both PvP and PvE?

Please advise thanks

#8 3596130702174734600

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 149 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:IRO2

Posted 13 January 2014 - 06:41 AM

I couldn't tell you what works for pvp. Thunderstorm adding 20% to your lightning skills is really good, so having that would increase your burst a lot. However the setup for it is difficult in PVP from what i have tried. THe most reliable way to do it is either memorize, thunder, frost, jt, vs, jt or spam cold bolt and target a single person with thunderstorm to not lose your other 3 double damage. 

If you include the ymir transformation (3/3) you can instead just use wind emblem and do frost jt,vs,jt and it lands just the same if you throw all of them out instantly. If you lag even a single, they will unfreeze.

#9 AikaFuwa

AikaFuwa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 07:10 PM

Ok now with the latest patch (Jan 15th). See what changes for sorc now?  Any new suggestion for skill distribution? thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users